Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A-KON19 Goes for Guinness World Record!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
That's right. Announced from A-KON's homepage itself.

http://www.a-kon.com...ok-record.shtml

All of you guys looking to attend A-KON this year or those you didn't get to make the running over across the big puddle, here's your chance to have a go at it!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Hahahah i predict a fight XD MCN Expo is trying to do it this year too. Dun dun dunnnnnnnnn. I'm glad we started this one because it was crap loads of fun.

One day we should try to do 'most NiGHTS cosplayers in one place'. This will be impossible to beat due to there being only like 8 of us. Zohohoh.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Interesting... where does this take place? I've never heard of this A-Kon.

Shae

Shae

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
Anime Central next weekend is going to have a crack at it as well. However, last I heard, it was still an unoffical gathering, so we'll see. <_<
I was like, "NOOOO! DON'T BREAK IT! THAT'S TRiPPY'S RECORD~!" ;0;

lol xD

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Interesting... where does this take place? I've never heard of this A-Kon.

A-KON is in Dallas, TX. If you'll check the link, you can browse their site and few more information.

Alanora

Alanora

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Getting into trouble, music, games, more music, being lazy, hanging out with friends, drawing, collecting NiGHTS drawings, poking people with pointy sticks for the fun of it
Last time I went to that A-kon, it was in a large hotel right next to the DFW airport. And the con was pretty good size then. There were a lot of cosplayers too, ranging from FF1 (the black mage) to the newest at the time, and several costumes from stuff that hadn't even made it to the US yet. It was awesome.

Who else here is going to A-kon this year?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts

"NOOOO! DON'T BREAK IT! THAT'S TRiPPY'S RECORD~!" ;0;

Hahahah records are for breaking my dear : D I'm just happy i was involved with the original record.

I wonder if any other cosplay world records for other cosplay stuff exist? Like most costumes made or something...

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
See what you guys have started lol. The fight begins... NOW!!!!

Gun6

Gun6

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Pokemon? (Also, spriting)
Lol that's in Texas. :X *lives in Texas*

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Tenten, Kato, and myself are going to be at Akon this year. Not sure what the other two are wearing, but I going to try for a female take on Frank from Dead Rising.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Remember to post photeeeeez!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeah, photo's will be nice.

I still think the Guinness company should have been more specific about the way the record should be set, though. It would have been more of a challenge if you had to try and beat the record outside of anime/comic conventions. It's only natural that loads of people turn up to cons in cosplay anyway thus making it a bit more easier but this record was set outside of a convention and during peoples working and education times. Guinness is about setting hard to beat records but this one is going to be easy to beat due to the amount of conventions that happen out there all year round.

I know when we set the record, loads of American people got pissed off in various forums because the 88 count was pinsy compared to what their 'conventions' usually get. They spoke about organising to beat the record outside of a convention. Personaly, i think they should have done that. More of a challenge that way just like how we had a challenge of setting this record in the first place because of it being outside a convention.

Still, good luck at the convention and have fun, for sure. :P

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
They wont have to stand outside in the freezing wind beside the river Thames with buisnessmen walking past giving looks of 'ALMIGHTY WTF' XD That made the day lol.
I think the MCM peeps ARE doing it away from the actual main con itself, otherwise it sort of just turns into 'biggest cosplay con' record doesnt it?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeah, having a major event outside of convention grounds is what made our day so memorable. I had to get changed underneath a bridge in the freezing cold, lol. The public had no idea what was going on at all. They looked so confused. XD

Alanora

Alanora

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Getting into trouble, music, games, more music, being lazy, hanging out with friends, drawing, collecting NiGHTS drawings, poking people with pointy sticks for the fun of it
Oh man, that had to suck, haha. It's usually not freezing cold here, even during winter. If they ever held A-kon outside here, there'd probably be a security group going around making sure people weren't passing out from the heat. They do that at ren faires.

I'm not going to be all costumed up this time, but I look forward to seeing some good ones!

JUPiTERMAREN

JUPiTERMAREN

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:pokemon nights and talking to people who dont treat me bad for things i believe in! one day i want to buy a dolfie doll from japan and lots of pocky LOL oh cruel insternet shopping!
i wish my parents would let me go to things like this :)

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Texas? Are you kidding me? Why are there never any conventions in Boston? I know, I know, Anime Boston, but I never hear about that until it's too late. "Oh, did you hear? Anime Boston just left town!"
"Just LEFT? When did it start?"
"Two weeks ago."
"WTF!!!!!!!!!!"

That and my Reala Prom Dress is proving to be a b**** to make. I got my hands on the frills and black feathers, now all I need is a hot glue gun and THE REST OF THE FABRIC.

So go ahead and break TRiPPY and DiGi's record without me. I'll just be sulking underneath this bridge here hot-gluing feathers to a frill.

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
*should totally try to start to organize for the US record to gather in Jackson, MS* BWAHAHAHAA! THEN EVERYONE WOULD HAVE TO COME HERE! BWAHAHAHAHAAAA! >D

D: Jackson will one day have a convention, fragit. I SWEAR!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users