Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Argh!

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
Anyone notice that as of late (well, since NiD) that Sonic games/media continually feature very NiGHTS-inspired characters? At first it was like "Alright, Lumina looks like NiGHTS!"...but now its like "Oh c'mONNN!! This stupid robot-shadow-death-thing looks like NiGHTS too??? SERIOUSLY!" Does this annoy anyone else? I say, put NiGHTS in a game or get a NEW character designer!

So, not only is Sonic:Brotherhood of Cliches borrowing things from Zelda, Paper Mario, and Halo, but also NiGHTS. =P C'mon, Bioware, you can do better than that.

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Posted Image
o hai, wuts goin on in dis thred?

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

Posted Image
o hai, wuts goin on in dis thred?

LMFAO!!! XD XD XD

Ahh, that was good. ha ha!
Anyway, I always thought this little guy was pretty neat. I don't really not sh*t about Digimon, but I bought a little figure of him a long time ago because he made me think of mischievous little dream creatures. I can't say that they're inspired by them or some kind of ripoff though.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Wait- is that picture this same guy?? XD

However, there is a little girl or faerie-type-thingie on a PS1 RPG that Loren has. I'll have to dig it up and look up a picture. But the little girl looks like some sort of NiGHTS rip. XD At least thats how I remember it.

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
What about the white-yellow-fairy thing from Jade Cocoon 2? Uh... Forgot her name :/ Nico I think. She has a pom pom tassley hat XD http://static.4playe...43-vollbild.jpg

She's really sarcastic XD But looking at that picture, I'm not so sure of the similarity any more XD

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
Pheh. NiGHTS is every where. I see characters with similar designs to him every day!
Yes, BioWare SHOULD be more original. I completly and totally agree.... :wub:

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
We should feel proud that NiGHTS is so popular. XD

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
Funny story about that, on the 18th of December, when I was looking for JoD, I kept seeing a game with a purple guy on the front. But it wasn't NiGHTS, it was Spyro giving me false positives.

E: and Dark Brotherhood is also borrowing from Elite Beat Agents/Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, in terms of the battle system. Apparently, in S: tDB, strong attacks will have you tracing stuff on the screen. And the characters seem to have their Sonic X appearances, at least as far as Mugshots and dialog pictures go.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.

We should feel proud that NiGHTS is so popular. XD

the only problem is when the public sees NiGHTS is that they'll think "Hey, that looks like that digimon thing!"
But they still won't know NiGHTS :lol: sad isn't it?

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
... I think NiGHTS is more well known than that one Digimon. Personally, I don't understand how Digimon continues to exist, but whatever. Anyway, for NiGHTS to really become more wide spread, SEGA's gotta make better NiGHTS games.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Someone post a picture of Bokkuun from Sonic X. He kind of looks like the Digimon that kind of looks like NiGHTS. Doesn't he?

Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing and cosplaying characters from the NiD universe. Sometimes I like to make plushies (i'm not too good at large plushies).
Posted Image

Bokkuun is hilarious!

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
lol Bokkun.
personally, I love obscure references. I have like a mental roll-a-dex of them, and I'm constantly looking for more. XD

one free internet to anybody who knows this guy:

Posted Image
"hai guize, what did I miss?"

trueBLUE

trueBLUE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
The Sailor Moon SuperS movie was the only good thing that came out of the SuperS anime.

But wait...this whole digimon thing... didn't it come out in 1996? The same year as NiD?

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I've noticed a lot of stuff in CC Sakura reminds me of NiGHTS:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also there is Devil May Cry:

Posted Image

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.

I've noticed a lot of stuff in CC Sakura reminds me of NiGHTS:

Also there is Devil May Cry:

Posted Image

Don't forget Jester from DMC3. (I dunno how to link pics)

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Don't forget Jester from DMC3. (I dunno how to link pics)

Oh yeah that douchebag.

Posted Image

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
lol these are awesome.

Also, question: These don't just have to be NiGHTS references, right? Other characters are fair game?

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Lotsa jesters in cartoons seem to have a resemblance to NiGHTS/Reala remember Harle? from crono cross and Harly Quinn from Batman?
Posted ImagePosted Image
Look familiar?
BTW interesting fact both of the names are a play on the word "harlequin" as in Harlequin Jester.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Lotsa jesters in cartoons seem to have a resemblance to NiGHTS/Reala remember Harle? from crono cross and Harly Quinn from Batman?
Posted ImagePosted Image
Look familiar?
BTW interesting fact both of the names are a play on the word "harlequin" as in Harlequin Jester.

Fixed :(

Striking resemblances to Reala's costume.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
those two seem based off of jesters in general, sorta like NiGHTS.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
My favorite Yu-Gi-Oh card guy, because:
Posted Image

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted Image

Posted Image
"Did someone say card battle?"

Posted Image
"Ooh, can I play too?"

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Posted Image

When I was younger I wanted to marry this one.....I love him so....

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
Posted Image

I win.

/battle

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I win.

/battle

Posted Image
Yes, you're quite good with strategy, but how are you at hand-to-hand combat?

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
I always liked Exodia's left foot for some reason. I don't know, it was just a very attractive left foot to me. XD

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
As much as you guys makes me giggle (just the left foot? XD), you're getting off-topic.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Yes, animejosse, the left foot. XD

And anyway, I don't recall any others off the top of my head.... unless you count Buneary, the Pokemon. It sort of looks like a jester, with those floppity ears and all.... I'm rambling, so I'll shut up now....

Envy

Envy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
What about Nocturn from Danny Phantom? :(

*runs from DP fans*

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

What about Nocturn from Danny Phantom? :blink:

He stole NiGHTS' hat! XD I found some clips from that episode, he seemed like a pretty boring villian. Pity since he looks pretty cool.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
Hmmmm...... hey I know!!! ^o^ Quacker Jack from Darkwing Duck!
That guy is crazy! X3

Posted Image

T-T I miss that show...

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

He stole NiGHTS' hat! XD I found some clips from that episode, he seemed like a pretty boring villian. Pity since he looks pretty cool.

I don't think I ever saw that episode. Now you're all talking about him and I have no idea what you're talking about. I get this all the time in shool! You can't walk five feet down the hallway without running into a cluster of kids all huddling around speaking Creole and I have no idea what's going on.

I feel left out. Bugger.

Now here's a thought. What if someone invented a NiGHTS Mr. Potato Head? He could have parts from NiGHTS, Reala, Wizeman, and all of the four Dreamers (Claris, Elliot, Will, or Helen) and you could mix and match pieces to make your own hideous potato version of a Maren.

And now to get back on topic before I have admins yelling at me.

Krusty the Clown. From the Simpsons. If you put him in sillohuete (sp?) he looks like a jester. To me, anyway, and you all know by now that there's a couple of crossed wires up in here... *taps noggin, makes hollow, metallic sound like someone threw a rock in an empty warehouse*

Envy

Envy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

I don't think I ever saw that episode. Now you're all talking about him and I have no idea what you're talking about. I get this all the time in shool! You can't walk five feet down the hallway without running into a cluster of kids all huddling around speaking Creole and I have no idea what's going on.

I feel left out. Bugger.

I can't really find any screen shots of him, so here:
Posted Image

Episode summary from tv.com
"Nocturne, the ghost of dreams, puts everyone in Amity Park to sleep. Danny must defeat this evil ghost who uses people's dreams to make himself more powerful. To make things more interesting, Sam and Danny get stuck in a dream where their friendship is more than "just friends". Despite this, Danny must defeat Nocturne, who seems invincible against Danny's attacks. The only way to beat the king of dreams is for Danny to find a way into the dream world, or risk having Amity Park dream into a world of nightmares!"

Sounds a bit too familiar to me.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Someone call Nickelodeon and threaten a lawsuit. Damn.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
Wow. There's so many similarities (and not LOOK! JESTER DESIGN! THEY'RE RELATED!) between this Nocturne character and NiGHTS in general that I expect someone behind the scenes of Danny Phantom is a NiGHTS fan.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Either it's copyright infringement or Nickelodeon groveled at the feet of Sega.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
Or maybe someone behind DP is a fan of NiGHTS. :D

Envy

Envy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Or maybe someone behind DP is a fan of NiGHTS. :D

Maybe Butch Hartman? He created DP.
._.
By the way, never say that Nocturne is a ripoff of NiGHTS to a Danny Phantom/Nocturne fan. They'll go bat-sh*t crazy and start ranting and stuff.... No offense to anyone, I've just seen it happen several times before...

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Maybe Butch Hartman? He created DP.
._.
By the way, never say that Nocturne is a ripoff of NiGHTS to a Danny Phantom/Nocturne fan. They'll go bat-sh*t crazy and start ranting and stuff.... No offense to anyone, I've just seen it happen several times before...

I wouldn't use the term "ripoff" if I were to compare the two. "Tribute" or "Allusion", perhaps.

Envy

Envy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

I wouldn't use the term "ripoff" if I were to compare the two. "Tribute" or "Allusion", perhaps.

They would take it as "ripoff" no matter how you put it. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users