Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ol' Six Hands

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, cosplay, linguistics, music, art, baking, cooking, sciences
I might have missed reading it, somewhere, but do you think Wizeman'll come back?

NiGHTSfan

NiGHTSfan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
I don't know, I hope so!

I loved his boss battle, the music made it feel so epic and amazing.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I don't know.. if Reala is in charge in this game, I don't know where Wizeman would fit in. Unless he made some kind of a cut scene appearance. :P

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music

I don't know.. if Reala is in charge in this game, I don't know where Wizeman would fit in. Unless he made some kind of a cut scene appearance. :P

Is Realal in charge? If so I must have let that slip me by, because I think thats awesome. But it also probably means no Wizeman.

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Woah. XD; Reala in charge makes me think of the Archie b******ization of the game. xD; I certainly HOPE it's not executed in the same manner, if that's the case!

I still sort of see Wizeman as the looming shadow around everyone's dream corner. Though pulling an Eggman isn't good plot. XD

Ninja Liz-chan

Ninja Liz-chan

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Videogames, Science fiction, cartoons, manga, art, music and writting.
hum, I'm not sure. I'd go with it eather way, if he's there or he's not. I'm actually not that attached to the character of Wiseman, if they have him or not, I won't be heartbroken eather way.

whatabout_paul

whatabout_paul

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Obsessed with games. I've got most recent consoles bar a PSP (I had one but it was crap so I sold it) and PS3 (It's too expensive to bother with). Other than that I'm into my wrestling. I'm training to be a pro wrestler and am a huge fan. I like my music too, guitar bands of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's a good tune you can sing to I'm happy.
A boss where Wizeman is in chains would be cool. Sort of like, after being beaten in the first game Reala rises up and with the help of a revolution from the other Nightmarens takes over and makes Wizeman his subordinate, much like Reala used to be for him.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Or maaaaaybe...
Posted Image
XD

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

Or maaaaaybe...
Posted Image
XD

I want to hurt you. A lot. :lol:

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

I want to hurt you. A lot. :lol:

I want to sometimes too... But I couldn't stop myself! XDXD

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Sairus WTF?! lol That is funny, but no...oh god NO!

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
I... I would be very upset to see Wizeman belittled, personally. XD; I don't think Reala could hold anything on him. And Sairus, my brain HURTS from trying to put that drawing together. XD Reala should NEVER have that much power. D: Everything would dah. Yes, dah, not die. ::nod::

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
I dunno about this one.

Personally, I think that Reala makes a better villain. But if they could 1)make Wizeman bigger and badder than ever before and 2)find a way to bring him back that helps this story and doesn't take away from the previous one, then I'd be all in favor of his resurrection.

ETA: I agree that Reala and Wizeman should stay as two separate entities. Still, if you're going to redesign Wizeman, I think there are worse ways to go than what Sairus suggested.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Sairus, that's... oh god that's freaky O_O

whatabout_paul

whatabout_paul

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Obsessed with games. I've got most recent consoles bar a PSP (I had one but it was crap so I sold it) and PS3 (It's too expensive to bother with). Other than that I'm into my wrestling. I'm training to be a pro wrestler and am a huge fan. I like my music too, guitar bands of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's a good tune you can sing to I'm happy.
Nooo, that picture is greatness! I know there are a lot of Reala fans out there and I'd really like to see him look normal first I think him using some of Wizeman's powers after being defeated as a sort of last ditch effort would be greatness!

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Ha! XD That was a very entertaining collection of responses! XDXD I just thought it would be fun to see what a Reala/Wizeman combination (or 'The Wizla' as one of my mates has dubbed him) would look like, since we've got Fuckle floating around now XD

Lavos

Lavos

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

I don't know.. if Reala is in charge in this game, I don't know where Wizeman would fit in. Unless he made some kind of a cut scene appearance. :o

I read that up to 'cut' and than thought of the boss battle in Donkey Kong 64 where you battle a cardboard cutout of King K. Rool.

Which gave me the idea that maaaaybe... If Reala's in charge, he could create a fake 'puppet' Wizeman that you do battle with, and you don't know it's a fake until after you take it down. And then... that's when you realize Reala's behind it all! :o

Just a thought. XD They were saying they were putting a lot of emphasis on plot, so I expect to see those kinds of things...

Misaki-chan

Misaki-chan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Fashion design, art, music, shoujo anime/manga, a couple of video games, and maybe acting or modeling
I've always thought of Wizeman as being kind of the representation of darkness in the dream world. So I don't think he can be destroyed at all.

Like, as long as he stays in Nightmare, the balance is maintained. But if he tries to break through into Nightopia, that's when NiGHTS has to stop him.

So I think he'll be in the next one, unless they come up with a drastically different story this time.

whatabout_paul

whatabout_paul

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
A puppet Wizeman... damn, if I could draw I'd have a blast trying to envision that beast on paper.

Guest_DREAMiN_*

Guest_DREAMiN_*
  • Guests
I sorta want WiseMan not to be in JoD, 'cause I was sorta hoping Reala being the main Antagonist in the game....

EDioT!: And I don't wanna go through that 10-15 tries to beat him again.... no wait wasent that Sephiroth from Kh2?.......!!!! This just suddenly slapped me across my face, WHAT IF Wiseman is like a optional boss in the next game sorta like Sephiroth from the Kh series?

Silvia Callisto

Silvia Callisto

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Location:I don't know, but it sure looks like hell froze over.
Puppet Wizeman? Why is it that I suddenly get a flash of Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker upon that thought? Probably that puppet reference...

And the Wizeman/Reala combination is just...grahh. I'd hate to have that kind of thing to fight, let alone look at. If they do bring Wizeman back, they should make it without a combination like that. It's just...grahh. (Yeah, I don't like that kind of combo thing. Fuckle is bad enough. I don't want two of 'em flying around.) I agree with the little representation of darkness in the dream world thing that Misaki-chan brought up. As long as Wizeman stays in Nightmare, everything's fine - it's just when he gets his own visions of grandeur that things get screwy and NiGHTS has to stop him.

I do darn well hope Wizeman's in the next one. It wouldn't be the same otherwise, in my opinion. (Besides, I wanna fight him in the next game. Epic battle scene right there just from playing it.)

EDiT: Argh, me and my slow ability of thinking up how to word stuff...Wizeman as an optional boss in JoD like Sephiroth in both KH and KH2? *shudder* Yeah, Wizeman with that much power...that would just be scary. I already can't beat KH2 Sephiroth as it is! (Need to level up more...)

Metra

Metra

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Getting MAD DRAWING SKILLZ, making friends, writing, drawing, NiGHTS, old games, dreaming, using &quot;Etc etc etc&quot;s in the end of phrases, etc etc etc.
@ Sairus

Reala's power... IS OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDD *explodes*

@ Silvia

I beat Sephiroth in level 70, I think. He was easy for me (I just had to adjust the potions, heals and magics). Now I'm level 99 and damn, he's easy.

@ Topic

I JUST WISH WIZEMAN IS THERE. Like a hidden boss or something, if Reala get the role of principal villain... That would be cool. And YES, an uber-overpower boss like Sephiroth!
I just think that, like Misaki, Wizeman can't be destroyed at all. I see him as the "Dark Side of the Force", as our nightmares, as everything like that. Dreams and nightmares, a nice ying-yang.

PRiNCE

PRiNCE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, pie, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, taters, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS,Sonic, and did I say NiGHTS? NiGHTS!
I think that it would be cool if...
1) Reala is working for Wizeman, and Wizeman is just biding his time.
2)Reala IS Wizeman (WTF?)
3)Everything went BOOM!
Huh, number 3? Anyone?
(The picture, the picture! *in fetal position* the PICTURE!)

Silvia Callisto

Silvia Callisto

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Location:I don't know, but it sure looks like hell froze over.
@ Prince: 1 would be the darn well best choice out of the three. 2 is definately one of those 'what the hell?' things that would run through my head (unless something happens and Wizeman pulls a Tron by bringing back a mindless, uber-powerful Reala like the MCP did to Sark). 3 is...basically endgame.

@ Metra: ...Yeah, I need to level up. I'm at the 50s range. It's going to take a looooooooooong time...

Sweep

Sweep

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:drawing, archery, writing, anime, manga, running, swimming, daydreaming, yaoi, religion, biking, INTERNET
one: that picture rocked all my body into heaven.

two: reala in charge is like.. hot. *shot* i think that they should try and make wizeman be at LEAST -RELATED- to the game. at LEAST be MENTIONED yanno? that is all. *nods*

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

I just think that, like Misaki, Wizeman can't be destroyed at all. I see him as the "Dark Side of the Force", as our nightmares, as everything like that. Dreams and nightmares, a nice ying-yang.

I don't think so.

I like the yin-yang idea. But it seems to me that if that idea held with regard to Wizeman, he would need a counterpart. If Wizeman is the "yang", where's the "yin"? Where's the ruler of Nightopia and where was s/he when the 'Pians needed him/her in the last game?

I think that neither Nightopia nor Nightmare have any rulers proper. Wizeman was simply a Nightmaren who became so powerful that he took over Nightmare. He is not part of any balance -- in fact, let's not forget that he was actively working to destroy the dreams/nightmares balance in the last game.

Bottom line: The theory doesn't hold water.

Misaki-chan

Misaki-chan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Fashion design, art, music, shoujo anime/manga, a couple of video games, and maybe acting or modeling
That seems a little agressive, considering what little official information we actually have on Wizeman. Of course, what we do know is that Wizeman is insanely powerful, and that he created the Nightmaren. Which means he can't be one himself, if he created all of them. NiGHTS and Reala are the highest level Nightmaren in the story.

We don't know if Wizeman has a Nightopian counterpart. But it's a fair theory, even though we never saw one in the original NiGHTS. Maybe something happened, and Journey of Dreams will explain it in some way. But it is a valid theory.

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
First things first, I love that merge pic, though by all rights, I think it should either be a House of the Dead boss, or a Yu-Gi-Oh monster before attempting to fit in as the JoD final boss.

I really do hope Wizeman is in there, he has to show up and show off his new UBER powers...Its been 11 years...you know for a fact he's keeping his pimp hand(s) strong.
Ohgods, I'm stealing lines from Salem to make a point. O.O

Miss Rae

Miss Rae

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

I don't think so.

I like the yin-yang idea. But it seems to me that if that idea held with regard to Wizeman, he would need a counterpart. If Wizeman is the "yang", where's the "yin"? Where's the ruler of Nightopia and where was s/he when the 'Pians needed him/her in the last game?

I think that neither Nightopia nor Nightmare have any rulers proper. Wizeman was simply a Nightmaren who became so powerful that he took over Nightmare. He is not part of any balance -- in fact, let's not forget that he was actively working to destroy the dreams/nightmares balance in the last game.

Your statement got me thinking
What if the Kids are Wizeman's counterparts?

I think the game suggests that through your dreams you can conquer your fears, nightmares and become the master of your dreams. I think this thought creates a wonderful balance to the game.

LUCiD-STUDENT

LUCiD-STUDENT

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Indeed, full props to you for the god-awesome merge pic.

But we all really know who Wizeman really is...
Posted Image
I am Wize-Man-Man-Man! I have come to take your ideya!

*imagines a guest appearance from the PPG...shudders*

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music

Indeed, full props to you for the god-awesome merge pic.

But we all really know who Wizeman really is...
Posted Image
I am Wize-Man-Man-Man! I have come to take your ideya!

*imagines a guest appearance from the PPG...shudders*

Oh my God XD. Can you say, lawsuit? Lol jk. It actually reminds me of Andross as well. :P

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

The ruler of Nightmare-Wizeman, a Visitor deprived of any Ideya

That line would lead me to believe that Wizeman was a Dreamer who's Ideya had been stolen... now he's trying to steal Ideya off others.
What if Wizeman is a semi-eternal being who steals Ideya, but then the people he steals Ideya off become the next Wizeman after the original is defeated... until he steals Ideya and is in turn defeated... a self substaniating villain?

(And because I know you wanted it so much... XDXD)
Posted Image

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

I don't think so.

I, in a way support the Yin-Yang theory, because I always thought of Selph as his counterpart, ruler of Nightopia. I know that it is said to be a lost boss but this is just a little theory I came up with. Thats all I'm going to say unfortunately, or I would have expanded in the Selph thread lol. Sorry. :P; I may open up at some point, but I'm not ready, only a few people know about it. Its just something I like to keep ti myself, dunno why lol.

Metra

Metra

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Getting MAD DRAWING SKILLZ, making friends, writing, drawing, NiGHTS, old games, dreaming, using &quot;Etc etc etc&quot;s in the end of phrases, etc etc etc.

That line would lead me to believe that Wizeman was a Dreamer who's Ideya had been stolen... now he's trying to steal Ideya off others.
What if Wizeman is a semi-eternal being who steals Ideya, but then the people he steals Ideya off become the next Wizeman after the original is defeated... until he steals Ideya and is in turn defeated... a self substaniating villain?

Then he hadn't the Red Ideya? Or, WHO stealed his Ideya? He created nightmaren, right?

I think that Wizeman, when he was a dreamer (looong long time ago), didn't had any Ideya. I know it's strange, but I always tought about that this way. Wizeman's story is a bit confuse.

Reala's power is still over nine thousand, by the way.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

If that were the case, he reminds me of a Nobodie from Kingdom Hearts II Lol. There heart has been stolen so they long to take them from others. It would also make sense that who he steals from becomes the next Wizeman because if you steal someones heart they become a Nobodie as well. Its a pretty good theory, I like it. (I am also fascinated with Organization XIII but thats another topic lol.)

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

You mean like Sin in FFX? Something similar happens there.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
heh, I hadn't realised so many games had similar plots XD Especially since I've completed both of them! XD

XDXD

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

Wow. You WIN. Here is your prize.
Posted Image

Anyway, I don't know about Reala. I do think the game would be okay without him. But if they add him in there, if they don't throw him in there in a stupid way, then I guess it could work..

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
Kind of doubt that Wizala (Oh, look, I invented a new name!) would look like that in the final cut... but it's still a possibility.

Look at Sly 2 for instance.
Spoiler

Miss Rae

Miss Rae

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Thats interesting, perhaps this supports my theory more?
(Check my previous post Link)

Then he hadn't the Red Ideya? Or, WHO stealed his Ideya? He created nightmaren, right?

I think that Wizeman, when he was a dreamer (looong long time ago), didn't had any Ideya. I know it's strange, but I always tought about that this way. Wizeman's story is a bit confuse.

Perhaps he lost it or used it to create his Nightmares.
(Just a thought :P )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users