Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Drawn Together

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
If you've seen this show then you're either going to love it or hate it. I love it. Not for the shock tactics they use because let's be honest, South Park have been pulling that kinda sh!t for years and Family Guy did quite a lot of crazy extreme stuff too...but the great thing about Drawn Together was the fact that the punchlines and humour was on a real good level. There's some really cleverly written stuff in there - not in terms of storywise because the stories are off wall, i'm talking about actual dialogue humour.

The idea of putting loads of different cartoon/comic/game characters in one house and then having numerous cameo's from actual known characters is a genius idea.

I heard it's been canceled for numerous reasons though and that makes me a sad bunny. :)

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
I just acquired most of the episodes, and I have to say, each one has had me laughing harder than the last. :)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Oh man it's always Captain Hero and Xander that make me laugh. They ... just... oh god...
One of the funniest cartoons ever made. Toots is awesome.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
Drawn Together = Pure Hilarity

I <3 Foxy Love

My Favorite quotes are: "wawawawawowowowowooowooowahah baby", "Then Corpses tried to swim with the Foxxy!" "Mama didn’t raise no fool, and Papa didn’t raise me at all!" and my ALL TIME FAVE is the La La La La Labia song from "Clara's Dirty Little Secret"
Spoiler

Censored for grossness xD

*dies of laughter*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I loved the one where Xander just kept shouting 'WHATS IS GOING ON!?', reusing soundclips is funny...

I also loved the one where Archie gets snipered.

Did they ever get sued for misusing famous cartoon characters? o_O A carebear being tortured Hostel style makes me think 'wow... the creators were ok with this? XD'

THE LION KING IN A PUDDLE OF PEE.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
All he ever says is "I'm on a never-ending quest to save my girlfriend!
*cue clips of other stuff Xander says* GRAPES ARE FUN! My watch is broken..! Where's the paper towels?!

Drawn Together is one of my favourite shows! When I went to the San Diego Comic Con in 2004, I saw the guys who were making it and they were passing out these adverts and I talked to them about it for a long time. Nobody seemed interested, because the damned poster had some pretty graphic stuff on it (there were kids everywhere) but I thought it was the most awesome idea! XD I talked about that show for ages, waiting for it to come out the following October and I told everyone they should watch it. Ha ha

I didn't know they'd canceled it though.. -__- I thought they'd put out more in October, like they always do. One of the things I liked so much about that show, is that you can't seem to hate anybody in it. You may favour one or two, but all of them for some reason are just really enjoyable characters. Even Wooldoor. :)

Heh heh, I didn't think I knew a whole lot of people who liked that show!

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Toot, Captain Hero, and Foxy are probably the funniest, while Xandir, Spanky and Lingling have their moments XD

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.
Xandir is my fav. I'm a HUGE Zelda fan and it's such a good spin on Link, as he never alks and it always saving 'the same' Zelda from the same guy.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Okay, time to break the streak. I hate Drawn Together. Don't get me wrong, the concept is great but the excecution sucks. I hate shock comedy. I don't think it requires much thought to pull off. The sad thing is Drawn Together is actually at its funniest when it isn't trying to shock the audience into laughter which isn't very often (Xandir trying to kill himself anyone?). It has its moments, but they're few and far between the slag.

I'll take South Park any day.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
There was a episode where Scorpian from Mortal Kombat turns up and kills Xandir but i have yet to see the whole episode. Bloody lolz! XD

FRED FLINTSTON GETTING KILLED! GENIUS!!!

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I love this show but sadly here in MA it's on far too late at night on Comedy Central and I'm usually asleep by the time it comes on, and my mom won't let me buy the DVD.

My dad would, but my mother hates ANYTHING "above my age group". I'm like, "Mom, I saw the Matrix movies when I was seven. They're all rated R." but no, she's freakin'.....

ANYWAY! I do indeed enjoy the show. Xandir is my favorite, it has to be said. Every time I see him, I think, "I wonder how Link would feel about this?" and then I imagine Link sitting in a fluffy armchair, watching the show, and face-palming and groaning whenever Xandir makes a joke while Zelda on the couch next to him laughs her Princessy ass off.

JAZZ-man

JAZZ-man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
my favorite character is Spanky Ham. his toilet humor cracks me up :lol:

Kat

Kat

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Dude, seriously I love that show. xD Too bad it was cancelled..

I love how over the top they were with their jokes. Like the pink train trying to go through the tunnel.. oh god I almost died.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users