Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS fan game is back

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

CronoMST

CronoMST

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
It's been awhile, but I've finally found a web host where I can put my games again. The new site is sqgames.110mb.com. It seems to be working pretty well, so far. I haven't really updated much since the last time it was up, except for a couple bug fixes, but for those of you wanted to play it again (or those who never played it in the first place), it's there.

The best way to play it is with the mouse. Holding down the left mouse button makes the character fly where the mouse is pointing. Holding down the right mouse button as well will make the player dash (though at the cost of agility).

Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions. In particular, I'd still like to update some of the graphics (the city, for example) so that they don't look quite so cheesy. Also, so music that isn't completely ripped off from ocremix would be nice as well.

EDIT: I've finally updated the city background graphics! I actually had to write a program to generate the building images so I didn't spend all day trying to draw windows. Heheh. What do you think?

Posted Image

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
This is pretty fun, I vote.

Would it perhaps be rude to request the source code? I have been taking a number of computer science classes so that I can minor in it. Unfortunately I have no idea how to implement games. I am just curious as to how you actually did it. Also if it was open source, other folks can possibly improve the code to make it more efficient? Also it could then be called "GNU GNiGHTS" and that is the kind of title I can support! (Feel free to keep just ignore my crazed ramblings)

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Long time no see! =D Unfortunately I forgot about this game, but it's still nice to see it's back.

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.
Gah, won't open on my mac. or am i doing it wrong? It looks interesting.

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I am one who absolutely loves dreaming. It is something people do all the time but don't notice. Without dreams I'd have less life than the little I do have now ;p but yea, I'm a humorous person and I am greatly into all forms of comedy. I'll embrace anyone who wants to be a lovely internet companion of mine and YOU are automatically my friend if you had the audacity to read this whole thing.
haha nice! I remember playing it way too much. sadly, this laptop can't register 2 buttons at a time when i hold down the arrow keys so i probably won't get high on the list.

CronoMST

CronoMST

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Gah, won't open on my mac. or am i doing it wrong? It looks interesting.

Oops! I forgot that it was still compiled for Java 1.6. I rolled back a few of my other games to Java 1.5 since there isn't a newer version for Mac yet. Expect to have this game working for you soon. I just need to figure out which files still need to be changed.

EDIT: It should work now! :angry:

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Wow this is more fun than the JoD web based game SEGA made. I never heard of this. Exactly how old is it?

CronoMST

CronoMST

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Wow this is more fun than the JoD web based game SEGA made. I never heard of this. Exactly how old is it?

Thanks!

It's not that old. I think I made it about a year ago. I started on it about 2 or 3 weeks before JoD was revealed. Heheh.

Coolmatt49

Coolmatt49

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
Wow, never played this before, but I love it.

I played it in Mac OS X Leopard (10.5.2) and it works perfectly.

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.
OMG I LOVE THIS! THANX MAN! PS. i would sooo help you with sprite design/level layouts/course design if your interested. Is a pretty good engine so far.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA & Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
This is Super Awesome!! ^_^ It's much easier to play than the JoD Flash game and NiGHTS has more movement here! *plays it some more*

CronoMST

CronoMST

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
So I had a great idea the other day. I've got this perfectly good level editor that I made and nobody but me can use it. Well, I've made some changes to the game that will let people load custom levels from the stage select menu. I haven't put it in the live version of the game yet, but I will soon. First, I'd like to have an image to represent the "Custom Stage" option. As you know, each stage has its own image to represent it on the menu. What should the image for the custom stage be? Would someone be willing to create one for me?

If you're interested, the only requirement is that it be 128x128 pixels.

Otherwise, I'll just end up putting something boring there. ;)

Once I get the level editor itself to be a little more user friendly, I'll make that available to anyone who wants to create some crazy stages. I'm really interested to see what people come up with! Of course, any especially good ones will be added to the game.

EDIT: The changes have been uploaded. You should see the new option at the end of the stage list now. The editor should be up by tomorrow or Saturday.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Moved this to the Creative section. Carry on.

CronoMST

CronoMST

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
The editor is now online! Try it out and let me know what you think.

Lucid Dreams download page

Saphira

Saphira

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Her Music:<br />Boys like Girls, Secondhand Serenade, Flyleaf, Silverstien, All time low, CASCADA, Rihanna, Paramore, Linkin Park, Evanescence, M.I.A, Anberlin, Family Force 5<br /><br />Her Hobbies:<br />Drawing, Wii, music, hanging with friends, texting, IMing, writing songs, sewing<br /><br />Random:<br />I really love the smell of gasoline, vanilla, new cars, model homes, pickles, and plastic. <br />I'm really random.
Whoot! 1st place on Marathon!

CronoMST

CronoMST

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Whoot! 1st place on Marathon!

Nice! Were you actually able to make it through all of the levels? I don't think I've been able to get back to the night sky levels yet. I end up running out of time on one of the city stages.

gsk

gsk

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Video games, indie music, films
Cool, nice to see you back Chrono! I'll be checking it out as soon as my broadband is back :wub:

JUPiTERMAREN

JUPiTERMAREN

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:pokemon nights and talking to people who dont treat me bad for things i believe in! one day i want to buy a dolfie doll from japan and lots of pocky LOL oh cruel insternet shopping!
oh neato!!! i need to play this

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
That was fun! 8D

CronoMST

CronoMST

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
I've updated the title screen a bit so that it's got the same swirly sparkling effect that the high score name entry screen uses.

Does anybody have any ideas for anything else I can add? New items, ring types, or something completely different (as long as it wouldn't require a total rewrite of the game. Heheh).

Minimanasama

Minimanasama

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS of course!<br />Visual Kei,<br />Guitar, Bass, and Piano,<br />Computers-Software Hardware and Programming,<br />Martial Arts<br />and /b/ =]
the game was rlly fun ^.^ i have a feeling ill be playing it ALOT

KiTSU

KiTSU

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Lucid dreaming, psycology, anime, japan, learning japanese, harajuku, sudoku, j-pop/rock, drawing pawprints on my friends notebook, techno, video games(mainly final fantasys and other RPGs oooo and DDR!), bubbles, RPing, writing stories, vampires, the abnormal, red foxes(kitsunes), butterflies, being random, drawing, laughter, dancing, swords, anything red and/or violet, internet, creating characters and plot twists for my friends manga, the concept of one day taking over the world with an army of Butterfoxes...what's a butterfox you say? Well they are well trained foxes crossed with butterfly DNA so they have the wings...
That game is so awesomely creative! How long did it take for u to make it???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users