Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Maximum Attack: G

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
This next event is promising to be big. I've been trying to train Valentine up to at least lvl 50 before this thing starts on the 25th of April so i can cut those beasts down in double the time, lol XD

The official PSU website has updated with this -
http://www.phantasys....php?item=nid42

Quick question - What time is PDT in GMT? I don't wanna miss the opening for this.

It would also be cool if all other members of the Harlequin Syndicate (since it's looking like it's going to be our name afterall) would be available for the opening of this event but if you have work/school/college/etc then of course it is understandable.

I strongly advise anybody who has not got the game yet to get it before this event kicks of as you do NOT want to miss it. For those who don't know, this event opens up all the original PSO episode 1 areas (omgomgomg) and you can get some seriously cool rare items and stuff. It's gonna be really fun and it will also be a great way for you new recruits to level up. :unsure:

Maximum Attack: G
15 Days and counting

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I want to run through the sexy sexy Mineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees again <3

caves can go die.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I've got to get me those Sega systems for my room. I also really want to get that Tricktrack CD for my Jukebox. Just remember guys, White Beast is hands down the best mission for power leveling.

Blue Fantasy

Blue Fantasy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, NiGHTS, video games, comics, reading, writing, drawing, anime
Here's hoping the Red Ring of Death holds off and doesn't show up again until AFTER the event....

I want PSO music discs. :P

DeZ

DeZ

RESPECT MY WIND

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Monkies
This is gonna be something special that's for sure :D Dear god I miss the old PSO areas.

Almost tempted to take day off work... but they would prob hunt me down and kick the door in :( Let's hope that doesn't happen and I'm off anyway :)

You'll make 50 easy bro. Like lvl 48 already. catching me too lol.

It's not if we're ready for MAG... it's is MAG ready for us? ;) Bring on the pain!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Are the ememies going to be the same? I wants me some Baranz actshunnn. There's nothing SCARIER in the whole PSO experience than THAT room in the mines, in the DARK, with 2 of those buggers making THAT noise and firing scary silent misiles at you while you flail around franticly being headbutted by robots.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Are the ememies going to be the same? I wants me some Baranz actshunnn. There's nothing SCARIER in the whole PSO experience than THAT room in the mines, in the DARK, with 2 of those buggers making THAT noise and firing scary silent misiles at you while you flail around franticly being headbutted by robots.

Other than enemies already redesigned for the game in general (Rappys, Boomas, Grass Assassins), I think the event is just going to use placeholders, like Bil de Vears instead of Hildebears. Still, I could have sworn I saw a video of the Japanese MAG event and I distinctly recall them fighting an enemy that looked identical to a Delsaber, so who knows what's in store.

Also, dont forget MAG is also going to have that Program DF mission where we can finally fight Dark Falz. Here's crossing my fingers that he isn't just a Dulk Falkis re-skin. I want a new boss like De Rol Le.

By the way, from my experience, server maintenance is usually done by around 3:00 am central time in the states (where I live). If I'm not mistaken, the UK's time is about six hours ahead of that, so MAG may be available about 9:00 am or so. The quote me on that though. I'm pretty unsure of that figure so it's probably wrong.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
THIS IS BLOODY INSANE!!!! XD
The forest, the mines, its all here!!!! I just gotta get that ps2 slim! then I need ta figure out the monthly fee crud then I'm on! GEEEEEZ this is gonna be a close shave for me wish me luck!

EDIT: I think we can expect some posts ta go up on the memorable PSU moments after this? lol

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

I've got to get me those Sega systems for my room.

Hellz yeh! MegaDrive, Saturn and Dreamcast for plzzzz!! Plus, i need to get me some new garments. I wanna look funky fresh when i start reaching those higher levels.

Almost tempted to take day off work... but they would prob hunt me down and kick the door in :D Let's hope that doesn't happen and I'm off anyway :(
You'll make 50 easy bro. Like lvl 48 already. catching me too lol.
It's not if we're ready for MAG... it's is MAG ready for us? :) Bring on the pain!

Starbucks hunts everyone down. Even if you don't work for them :(
Yeah, level 49 now. The recent run boosted my exp a lot so i'm getting there slowly.
As for MA:G being ready for us. Lol, they ain't ever gonna be ready for us! >:]

I thought you hated the Baranz? XD I think they're the coolest enemies in PSO. The fact that their missiles are silent is very creepy but the satisfaction you'd get from taking one of those big mofo's down and seeing it's shell break into pieces always made it feel like a David and Goliath experience. Especially if you were a bloody hunter like me and you're reduced to nothing but melee attacks while your Force character sat at the back spamming Foie from a considerable distance away. ;)

THIS IS BLOODY INSANE!!!! XD
The forest, the mines, its all here!!!! I just gotta get that ps2 slim! then I need ta figure out the monthly fee crud then I'm on! GEEEEEZ this is gonna be a close shave for me wish me luck!

EDIT: I think we can expect some posts ta go up on the memorable PSU moments after this? lol

Wish you luck. And i think the screencap thread is gonna go haywire once this event kicks off, lol XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
HAI! SPAMMING FOIE IS A SKILL NO ONE CAN SURPASS ME IN.

Blue Fantasy

Blue Fantasy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, NiGHTS, video games, comics, reading, writing, drawing, anime

Other than enemies already redesigned for the game in general (Rappys, Boomas, Grass Assassins), I think the event is just going to use placeholders, like Bil de Vears instead of Hildebears. Still, I could have sworn I saw a video of the Japanese MAG event and I distinctly recall them fighting an enemy that looked identical to a Delsaber, so who knows what's in store.

Like this guy?
http://www.pso-world.../125/delnadian/

He's a rare monster that only shows up in Electronic Brain. I fought him once. Very Delsaber-ish.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Like this guy?
http://www.pso-world.com/beastiary/psu/1/125/delnadian/

He's a rare monster that only shows up in Electronic Brain. I fought him once. Very Delsaber-ish.

Yup. That's him. I don't care what they call it, that thar be a Delsaber if I ever saw one.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
thats quite a growth-spirt.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeh, that's most definetly a Del-Sabre...or however you call it.

In terms of MA:G i folded and went to YouTube to see if anybody had recorded anything from the Japanese event a few months ago. All i will say is i'm slightly annoyed but i'm still looking forward to the event itself.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Yeh, that's most definetly a Del-Sabre...or however you call it.

In terms of MA:G i folded and went to YouTube to see if anybody had recorded anything from the Japanese event a few months ago. All i will say is i'm slightly annoyed but i'm still looking forward to the event itself.

Care to elaborate?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Just that -
Spoiler
:/

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Yeah the Delsabers are huge now...under a different name of course...haven't actually seen one...but I'll take that as a kind of blessing. XD

I'm very looking forward to this event. Between the hassle of my laptop and general drifting on and off PSU, and the monotony suffered on the GBR, I'm looking forward to this event.

The main difference between this and the GBR which will keep it more interesting, so as not to get fed up redoing the same stuff all the time lies within two things:

The rewards; Instead of just a boost of what you can find on the field, theres any rares you can nab plus the shields to be used in the lucky dip thing or traded for specific items, a fair few of which have PSO basis. So you have an actual goal of how many shields or badges you can collect to get the items you want.

The leaderboards; The leaderboards are almost entirely confirmed and give people an ever rising goal to be reached, something I personally haven't been part of since the AOL cup back in the PSO:BB beta...where I might like to add that the small faction of 5 people which me and Lavia(only really Dez and Ki'll know who that is) were part of at the time gained 16th position.

Been concocting strategies for a fair while now...if you want any slight suggestions, I can try to help.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
maybe we'll be able to finally snatch that dark flow sword lol remember that?

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

maybe we'll be able to finally snatch that dark flow sword lol remember that?

Who could possibly forget the hacks? Shame the sword sucked.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Was that that HUUUUUGE one that was stupidly enormous? DeZ watched some youtube video a while ago of someone weilding a hacked weapon from PSO and it was so massive it glitched through scenary when swung because it was so big. XD

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
It supposedly had 800 atk and was able to cut enemy hp to an eighth.

Was that that HUUUUUGE one that was stupidly enormous? DeZ watched some youtube video a while ago of someone weilding a hacked weapon from PSO and it was so massive it glitched through scenary when swung because it was so big. XD

remember that sword that olga flow uses? (assuming you've played PSO ep. 2) That's Dark Flow, I've never seen a player use it in action though for obvious reasons

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeah, Olga. He's one of my all time favourite bosses. XD
I think that's the sword i've seen then. It's MASSIVE!!

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Considering how hooked I was on PSO, its surprising how much stuff I haven't seen, so I wouldn't know about that sword, or any of the hacks, having never gotten online until Blue Burst. The biggest sword I recall was the Sealed J-Sword and I only saw it in action in PSO Ep. 3

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Holy Crap, I'm not the only one who played CARD Revolution! :)

Okay folks, here is the Dark Flow:
Posted Image

Seriously, its only redeeming quality is it looks cool. It was slow, couldn't combo, had a crappy special attack, and had a power stat only marginally higher than the awesome and vastly superior Tsumikiri J-Sword. Also, Olga Flow was indeed a sweet boss. I loved in the beginning how you're falling down that shaft and he's fighting you while flying upside down. Awesome. Gal Gryphon had the best music though.

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Holy Crap, I'm not the only one who played CARD Revolution! :)

I'm afraid you underestimate just how much of a PSO fanatic I was. XD
I STILL play Ep 3 every so often...in fact just 5 days ago I played it round Avenrir's house. XD

Never got on line with it, and still stomached my way up to C. Lv. 73...

Blue Fantasy

Blue Fantasy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
I'll admit we used hacked weapons on PSO. They were given to us, though. XD We had the Olga Flow and Tsumikiri J-Sword. Some others too, like stuff with 300% to Dark or whatever. But, then again, we never used them unless it was ok with the party members, and duping was a must with that stupid FSOD. >_<

Yay! Not a problem anymore! XD

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Something happened on the Gamecube when I was using one of my characters, where it duplicated every item he owned....strictly speaking, it was kind of duping the items...however, every item cloned was owned by me and I could only give them to my own characters, so I didn't really see it as hacking- just more of a funny glitch.

But since I already had my own version of each of all those items, I never did use any of the copies...there wasn't much need XD

Just like to remind people at this point we're officially entering the countdown of the last week before MA:G. Anyone have any goals to achieve from MA:G besides obtaining the SEGA consoles?

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
Ok, I got my mitts on PSU:Aoti and a PS2 slim (I couldn't find the adapter for my old PS2) now I just need ta set myself up for online play...

I'm afraid you underestimate just how much of a PSO fanatic I was. XD
I STILL play Ep 3 every so often...in fact just 5 days ago I played it round Avenrir's house. XD

I never did beat Ep. 3 :/ btw anyone ever play Phantasy Star back in the good old days?

and had a power stat only marginally higher than the awesome and vastly superior Tsumikiri J-Sword.

argh, that sword is a nightmare for me! I actually tried to find it in offline mode! (you get em from that giant bug guy in the beach area of ep. 2) lets see... what was the drop ration again? ahh yes... 1/12604 on the gamecube version in ultimate mode for one section ID!!!
hunters should be equipped with bug spray...

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Just like to remind people at this point we're officially entering the countdown of the last week before MA:G. Anyone have any goals to achieve from MA:G besides obtaining the SEGA consoles?

Get FOmar costume in homage to some of Lynne's characters from her Engelbaum comic. Might get altering colours too.
Get Sega consoles, obviously.
Try and get some bloody rarez for a change. I hardly get anything in terms of rare items and weapons and all i ever hear is DeZ in the other room bragging about how he's just spent 2mil Messeta on a Kan Yu sword. I want rarez too T_T
Get money. I need lots of money.
Level up, obviously.

Other than that, i don't know what else this event is gonna bring us. :P;

Ok, I got my mitts on PSU:Aoti and a PS2 slim (I couldn't find the adapter for my old PS2) now I just need ta set myself up for online play...

Good good :). Try and get set up asap and level your character a bit before the event so you won't spend a majority of the time kissing the floor when/if KO'ed. XD

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

argh, that sword is a nightmare for me! I actually tried to find it in offline mode! (you get em from that giant bug guy in the beach area of ep. 2) lets see... what was the drop ration again? ahh yes... 1/12604 on the gamecube version in ultimate mode for one section ID!!!
hunters should be equipped with bug spray...

That reminds of something on one of my colours that had a drop rate of 1/>132000....I nearly had a heart attack one day when it dropped a glorious red photon drop. XD
Look forward to seeing you online. ^^

Get FOmar costume in homage to some of Lynne's characters from her Engelbaum comic. Might get altering colours too.
Get Sega consoles, obviously.
Try and get some bloody rarez for a change. I hardly get anything in terms of rare items and weapons and all i ever hear is DeZ in the other room bragging about how he's just spent 2mil Messeta on a Kan Yu sword. I want rarez too T_T
Get money. I need lots of money.
Level up, obviously.

Sounds like a good set of goals...FOmar costume and consoles should be simple enough...and levelling should be fairly quick...you already qualify to enter A rank, you might like to know...and if we can get you upto 80, you'd be in S ^^
You should get a few good rares from the event...Couldn't really give a list...but there'll definitely be some you can get your mits on...especially the rewards ^^
Money....will not be too much of a problem, I think. Even if you don't get megamoney from the event, you'll get more than enough to keep you going, maybe buy in some small rares- and then the egg thieves can provide monetary wishes afterwards, if more is required. XD

The main reason you don't have much in the way of rares is because they pretty much don't exist until the S ranks >.> unfortunately it doesn't quite work as it did in PSO...where some lucky munchkins could get booma arms in normal mode. (well you can get booma claws in C rank, but they're much less useful XD)

In any case its a much better list than mine, which currently consist of:

Moan lots about Smyte's suit not being there.
Get as many of the rewards/consoles as possible.
Try to get a good spot on the board.

hmmm, I see some sleepless nights ahead in the near future. Not that I'd ever deprive myself intentionally of sleep for a game >> certainly not...I'll just be, eh, too excited too sleep, yeah....that.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
Wahhh i'm not gonna be a high enough level. I'm getting the game on leik, the 24th.

;_;

I'll give it a crack though.........can you guys protect me? ._.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
If you're running on the PC/PS2 servers then i'll help try and help out if i find you. But you'll need to do some solo runs to get all the experience.

The way the game works is if you land one hit on an enemy and leave someone else to kill you'll gain roughly 70% of the usual experience points given out from that enemy after it's been defeated however if you do solo running then you'll gain all 100% experience points for yourself and you'll level up much quicker. Once you're able to get into B rank and A rank missions then you're levels will start flying by for a while.

Does anyone know if this event is going to boost exp % like how the forrest does? If so then Leonhart can do some solo runs during the event and nab himself a few levels in a quicker period of time.

Either way, Leonhart, you shouldn't have too many problems. :lol:

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Coolz, i'm looking forward to it. And yup, i'm on the PC/PS2 server ^^

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
I believe MAG is going to have a 250% increase to experience and drop rates, so Loenhart's level should skyrocket in no time. I actually don't recommend going solo to power level. Sure, you get all the mission's experience, but it's also much more time consuming than if you go through with a team. It's better to get run through a mission twice in one hour and get 70% of the experience both times than spend the same amount of time getting 100% only once. Joining random parties is also a great way to meet people.

I also recommend that in you're just starting out. Stick with the AoI exclusive missions for a while since they give a lot more class points than other missions. That way you can get into an expert class more quickly. Speaking of which Leonhart, which expert class are you aiming for?

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
I've run into a major snag... I may have the ps2 all set with programs to start up it's online functuality. However, I don't have a router compatible with the ps2 as of yet and due to my "financial limits" (lol) I will be unable to acquire one before the 25th... I'm now turning my attention to my ps3 but currently I am unaware if it can play ps2 games online... I'll study further into this, but alot of my time is not my own. If anyone can find information regarding this I would be much obliged.

Avenrir

Avenrir

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, monsters &amp; beasties, insects &amp; spiders ( but not moths. KEEP THEM AWAY! ), art, comics, cartoons, dinosaurs, mythical creatures, fonts, dreams &amp; nightmares, swords, retro videogames, the Discworld, and last but not least: Cadbury's chocolate. O.O
PS3 should definitely run it. That's what one of my team mates uses. ^^

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Speaking of which Leonhart, which expert class are you aiming for?

I totally have NO idea.

:P

All i know is that i wanna use Magicy stuffs.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

I totally have NO idea.

:P

All i know is that i wanna use Magicy stuffs.

K, sounds like you wan'tt o be a techer of some sort. Have you decided on a race? What other weapons would you like to use? How do you think you'd like to play? I'm just trying to help you get aimed in the right direction when you start. :D

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

K, sounds like you wan'tt o be a techer of some sort. Have you decided on a race? What other weapons would you like to use? How do you think you'd like to play? I'm just trying to help you get aimed in the right direction when you start. :P

Hrmmm.....kk,

1. I'mma be a Newman named Marche.
2. i want THIS WEAPON no matter what!!!!! <33333
3. I dunno o_O.....good i hope. xD

Thnx4caring

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Hrmmm.....kk,

1. I'mma be a Newman named Marche.
2. i want THIS WEAPON no matter what!!!!! <33333

Well, if you want to use that weapon than really your only option is Fortetecher. They're the only class that can use rods. It's a good pairing though. Newmans make great techers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users