Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

King Nightopian / Superpian secrecy and video

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Malan

Malan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Video games, internet, music, you? ^^
Hi there, good to see you again dudes!

There was a topic about the way to have a King Nightopian in the preview forum, some members and I were searching for it. I finally found the mechanic after many years of research and I would like to share that discover with all NiGHTS fans but I found it just when the forum was broken down, so I was a little disappointed °°

So now, I'll try to explain it to you but I'm not very very good in English so I hope you to understand!

The way to have a King is not very hard... if you have luck and skills! The King is in fact a Nightopian child from 2 Mepians parents. You'll probably say "How on earth 2 Mepians can make a Nightopian?!", this is very simple. A child inherits his parents' physical parts by chance, so if you have 2 Mepians which have different enemy parts, they can make a Nightopian, and this Nightopian will be a King Nightopian!

To understand easier, go to my website with Google translation (cause it's in French) here : http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...Flanguage_tools

... the translation is not very good but pictures can help you!

After that discover, I played a lot to have a Pian Tower in each dreams of the game, and I did it! I made a video on Youtube, you can watch it here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie-Ypm_Ih7s

I'm waiting for feedbacks ^^

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Very interesting! :D So you don't have to make many Mepians, you could make a King Pian with only two of them?

Rhayader

Rhayader

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS (of course), games, gaming in general, NiGHTS, and other random stuff
wow! thats amazing!

i didnt even know the king could make a tower, it looks great! i'd love to have that on spring valley.

does the king influence the other pians mood by any way?

i allways have a lot of trouble just to make a mepian, and everytime i do all my pians get angry at me!
animejosse, i the site its explained that the king pian is a breed between a mepian and a regular pian. it makes me want to start my a-life all over again!

anyway, congrats on a great guide and for your acomplishments.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
I saw this video before on youtube and it is still awesome. I wanna mess with the A-life! Wah! T_T >.<

Malan

Malan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Very interesting! :D So you don't have to make many Mepians, you could make a King Pian with only two of them?

That's right, but Pian are controled by an A.I. so it's not so easy for them to meet each other... and don't forget that you need a lot of luck and the percentage depends from how many different Mepian parts the parents have, so... good luck ^^;;

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Good to see you again. Glad that you took the seceret of the King and used it to your advantage. TRiPPY really needs an English translation of the seceret on her website but she is busy.

I am glad you are here to show everyone though. That is amazing work. Even though I know how to get a King pian, it is still really hard to do. >.<

How come your towers progressed all the way? Mine only got to the second or third to last stage before the King dissapeared!

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Impressive!! *clap clap*

Misaki-chan

Misaki-chan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Fashion design, art, music, shoujo anime/manga, a couple of video games, and maybe acting or modeling
I never even tried the mepian breeding and everything in NiGHTS. I think I found out about it once and thought it was too hard. Or maybe it was just too time-consuming. I loved the Chao system in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle - much easier than the Dreamcast VMU version, and wastes less batteries that could be used to keep my NiGHTS data from disappearing. But I could never spend enough time playing the game to get even one of the three ultimate chao, whatever they were called. (Chaos Chao?)

Maybe I'm just way too casual a gamer for this kind of thing. :lol:

universalperson

universalperson

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
So, if I may attempt to verbalize this:

Basically, when two Mepians mate, the resulting child will have parts from its parents. If the resulting child has no Pian parts, it is a "Badpian" and will kill other Pians and vanish at the edn of the day, correct?

However, if the child has no Maren parts, you get a King Pian.

So you do need a lot of Meepians, but perferably Meepians with only one Maren part, and definitly not the same Maren part.

Malan

Malan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
Exactly! The less enemy parts they have, the most chance you have.
But you don't need to make so many Mepian... actually you can but be careful, because it could be hard to manage if they make children with several parts!

PRiNCE

PRiNCE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, pie, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, taters, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS,Sonic, and did I say NiGHTS? NiGHTS!
FINALLY! Someone puts it in WORDS! Words that are read by my EYES! Oh, I bow to you. *Bows* Now I flee to eat pie and banana phones! *Scurries off*

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
ooh i love banana phones. can i join you?

FINALLY! Someone puts it in WORDS! Words that are read by my EYES! Oh, I bow to you. *Bows* Now I flee to eat pie and banana phones! *Scurries off*

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
Nice!

But...Where was the King Pian in Mystic Forest and Stick Canyon?

This video is going in my favorites.

HyperShadow

HyperShadow

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I'd like to once again offer my congratulations to Malan for his fine work :P

That being said, I think we could all do with a few tips on how to successfully get Maren and Pians to breed? For example, do you find that randomly ramming a Maren as hard as you can (to have it bounce around a lot) has a greater chance in bumping into a nightopian? Or is it better to spin ever-so-gently next to the Maren so it turns into a ball and falls slowly to the ground (the problem here is that if there are no nightopians directly below, then there is no chance of getting them to bump - the way i see it). Or finaly, would it it help if one had to practice aiming the maren when NiGHTS begins to "dance" with it after grabbing it, just before shooting?
Lol I can't believe how much time I'm devoting to this all of a sudden - but it feels so good to have NiGHTS fever again after all these years!!!

Malan

Malan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Nice!

But...Where was the King Pian in Mystic Forest and Stick Canyon?

In Mystic Forest you can see it on the ground under the tower in the video, with a little Mepian, and in Stick Canyon it's gone just when it finished the tower (lucky ^^;;:P, he was bottom the tower too.

Don't forget that you can restart the game with A+B+C+Start if something is wrong, or if you make a Mepian with too many Maren parts.

Scion

Scion

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, games, anime, manga, movies, music, reading, writing, drawing, traveling, and more...
That's very cool I have never seen one but have always wanted one. I appreciate that you put it into words.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

But you don't need to make so many Mepian... actually you can but be careful, because it could be hard to manage if they make children with several parts!

I am one of the living examples of this. I had so many different mepians in Soft Museum that it was not even funny. Yet somehow I managed to get the King pian anyway...twice! And then the two King's met and it looked like they were fighting each other....O.O Maybe that is why my tower never got fully constructed. One King killed the other. ;_;

universalperson

universalperson

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Exactly! The less enemy parts they have, the most chance you have.

Yes, but the more Mepians means that they'll have a higher rate of breeding (and are more likely to breed with other Mepians) More breeding means its more likely to get a King Nightopian, although again, the Mepians can't share the same Maren part.

Rhayader

Rhayader

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS (of course), games, gaming in general, NiGHTS, and other random stuff
is there any way to make mepians besides throwing nightmarens at the pians? because i find the pians really hard to hit so i just throw them at random and hope for the best

i read somewhere that if you loop the nightmaren and the pian on a single paraloop they will spawn a mepian egg. is that even possible?

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
*___* That's amazing. <3's~ I remember you posting all of your research right before the old forums closed. I'm glad your sharing the information with us again. ^__^ Great screen captures of the King Pians.~

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs

And then the two King's met and it looked like they were fighting each other....O.O Maybe that is why my tower never got fully constructed. One King killed the other. ;_;

I find this funny for some reason.

DMN

DMN

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
So that's how you do it. I think I'll try this later.

HyperShadow

HyperShadow

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Well, my fiancee and I have been playing Christmas NiGHTS a lot recently but we're nowhere close to getting a King Nightopian. The population of original Nightopians dwindles really fast once the mepians start breeding. Those things go at it like bunnies!
Anyway, I took a few screenshots today and I thought I'd post them here. They're by no means special of course, but it shows a few varieties of mepians, and from what i've seen, there aren't many clear shots of mepians out on the net, so....

Posted Image
The last Nightopian...*sniff*

Posted Image
Short while later

Posted Image
Later still

Posted Image
Full house! Is that mepian on the lower right in a canoe??

Posted Image
This last pic shows a badpian that just hatched. Notice the typical badpian characteristics:
1) Every part of the body comes from maren parts (in this case, all Shleep!)
2) Incredibly pleased to see you when you pass by
3) Totally oblivious to the fact that NiGHTS is about to paraloop his a** .... poor little thing.

Malan

Malan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
I'm sorry for you but, you can't have a King anylonger...

To make a King, you need 2 Mepians which have different parts of a Maren, but as you can see, all of your Pians got a Maren's head. If you want a King Pian, you have to reset the A~Life data :(

HyperShadow

HyperShadow

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
yeah i thought so
I've sort of given up on the whole king nightopian quest for now - i'd rather make some interesting combinations instead. Is it true the king nightopian disappears after a short while? how about the tower he builds?

with christmas NiGHTS, there is no A-life file to delete - only one data file that has everything. I may restart it some time in the future, but for now i'll keep messing around :(

Any tips on how to keep your original nightopians alive? They die by themselves! Maybe i should keep the mepian population small so that they won't take their place?

Malan

Malan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
Yes it disappears, but the tower is still here as a memorial :(
Are you sure that there is no A~Life data in Xmas NiGHTS? When you start the Saturn in the main menu, there is a data of about 200 blocks, that is the A~Life data.

To keep Nightopians, you need to make less Mepians, because they breed to much and Nightopian can't follow them so they die.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
Just kill all the Pians/Mepians. The A-Life will reset.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
sweet. how long did it take?

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Argh.
I need to get that King now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users