Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Owl's popularity?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing and cosplaying characters from the NiD universe. Sometimes I like to make plushies (i'm not too good at large plushies).
What do you who've played the game think about him? I absolutely love him - he's exactly like Omochao, except actually has an important part in a game. And he's funny, always chastising NiGHTS as if he/she were a little kid! :lol:

EDIT: Let me rephrase this question: Do you believe that Owl from JoD played his part as a supporting character well? Did he actually help you get through the game? Or was he more annoying than important and helpful?

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
This isn't pretty. Look at your own risk.

Spoiler

UPDATE: The child friendly version: Back when Owl was first mentioned I didn't care for him. I didn't want a stupid owl following me around because I don't like having my hand held while playing games. Many games do it but owl just annoyed me with his retarded "HOOO" every three freakin' seconds. If I wanted to know how to play a video game I'd read the manual.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Now come on! Owl wasn't THAT bad! I liked him! He was a good, friendly guide. He wasn't even really annoying! That's just cruel!

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Owl is one of the reasons I do not own JOD.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Now come on! Owl wasn't THAT bad! I liked him! He was a good, friendly guide. He wasn't even really annoying! That's just cruel!

We'll the OP did ask for opinions. I censored it. You looked at your own risk my friend lol

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.

Owl is one of the reasons I do not own JOD.

Well thats a bit of a silly reason not to own JOD :lol:

Even though Owl can be annoying at times, he's still a respectable character that's quite helpful =)

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
I like him, but I can see why some find him annoying. There really should've been a way to skip the tutorial.

Murder's Last Crow

Murder's Last Crow

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
Definitely, there should have been. I don't particularly like him, but he's always good for a joke. I've never taken NiGHTS less seriously than when was sticking his face into everything. I guess I should be glad he was there to 'help', though.

He did seem to play his role pretty well for a lonely owl so consumed in himself that he can't live without trousers, a suitcoat, and glasses. Oh yeah, it's just the character design. ^,~ Riiiiiiiight.

But really, I guess he did okay. I wish they would've infused it with more pizazz and downright awesomeness. I felt a tad bit more patronized than the first game could lead me to feel. But NiGHTS makes it all worth it.

Pikmingirl

Pikmingirl

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:8D I love video games, art, anime, drawing, video games, art, video gam-*asplodes*

I like him, but I can see why some find him annoying. There really should've been a way to skip the tutorial.

I second that. xD I go crazy pressing buttons when he talks but he is quite helpful. :) Reminds me of Navi the Fairy from The Legend of Zelda. :)

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I don't really mind him much because you can usually avoid touching him. Maybe a good non-story way to use him is like, if the game had a section in the options that was like a Guide to Nightopia, which could teach you about Nightmaren and stuff.

Sega could make a talking toy of him. Like Teddy Ruxpin.

Go on, touch him!

"Hoo!"

"Hoo!"

"Well."

"Visitor.. visitor.. well."

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.

"Hoo!"

"Hoo!"

"Well."

EXACTLY what i was gonna post but u beat me to it lol. Also when you accidentally hit his post and doesn't shut the **** up. I don't hate him, but the 'visitor, well, visitor' is retarded. And how he interrupts u in the tutorial. Can't i fly the dream gate and enjoy its prettiness in peace????

Murder's Last Crow

Murder's Last Crow

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
I want to make an evil version of Owl that's actually bad ash. Black feathers with red eyes. HE WENT TO THE DARK SIDE!

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Owl needs to call Queen Bella fat.

Think about it.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Owl needs to call Queen Bella fat.

Think about it.

Owl needs to be called fox food.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Lol for the bizzare first time I'm in a fan minority.

I think he's great. His annoying talking makes me laugh. Plus listening to DiGi do owl impressions randomly cracks me up. Him and DeZ want to make a song using his voiceclips.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.

Him and DeZ want to make a song using his voiceclips.

I would pay good money for that : O

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things

Well thats a bit of a silly reason not to own JOD ^_^

Even though Owl can be annoying at times, he's still a respectable character that's quite helpful =)

Well, I do not own a Wii so more specifically Owl is a reason to make the game look less than perfect and make me not want to buy a Wii just to play JOD. (NiGHTS talking was actually a larger reason).

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
I liked him too.

Mostly because NiGHTS, half the time, is all "STFU ALREADY". It makes me lol.

And he's not the annoying, squeeky-voiced walkthrough guy. Had that been the case, I probably wouldn't like him, but he has a very wise-sounding voice. I wish his eyes were bigger, though...those beady things give me the creeps.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

I would pay good money for that : O

Lol i forgot DiGi and Arch already done it in Dreamcast 07 XD

edit- oh crap i forgot to log DiGi out again >_>

Hysteric Polaris

Hysteric Polaris

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I loved and hated him.

Props for: dressing up for the occasion and looking snazzy as well as for having THE BEST English accent/voice acting in the game
Hated for: always bumping into him and seeing his little speech bubble appear in front of me when I'm playing...leave me alone!!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Yeah the quality of his acting was really good and professional.

Sage

Sage

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Books: all kinds of fantasy and science fiction<br /><br />TV Shows: Star Trek (any season), CSI Las Vegas, Knight Rider, Avatar: Last Airbender, various old Disney series (Darkwing Duck and the like)<br /><br />Video games: NiGHTS into Dreams, Megaman Zero, Fatal Frame, Sonic series (including the 3D ones =P), Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, Sly Cooper, and still more...<br /><br />Music: Pretty much anything, though I'm definitely not big on rap.<br /><br />Other: free form roleplaying, fanfiction, getting lost in my latest obsession, and so much more... ^^
I loved Owl. I thought he was a great character. The only time he ever annoyed me was when I was going through the flight tutorial. Otherwise, I had no problem with him at all.

You ain't kidding, TRiP, his VA was great! ^^

WOLFNiGHTS2703

WOLFNiGHTS2703

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Fangirling Reala :P Drawing reading, playing NiGHTS JOD ( duh) paralooping everyone I see immediatley :D<br /> surfing the net on a surf board :P

I don't really mind him much because you can usually avoid touching him. Maybe a good non-story way to use him is like, if the game had a section in the options that was like a Guide to Nightopia, which could teach you about Nightmaren and stuff.

Sega could make a talking toy of him. Like Teddy Ruxpin.

Go on, touch him!

"Hoo!"

"Hoo!"

"Well."

I couldn't have said it better myself! i really agree with you on that!
i used to have a Teddy Ruxpin when I was child...and then it got broken...:(

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I'm like the only person I know who didn't have a Teddy Ruxpin.. all my friends had multiples. Always breaking, like you said XD

Just like how I didn't have an NES..

But I think an Owl plush is in order.. if Sega cares...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users