Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS Online (pending title)

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Don't worry, I'm working on it.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
I can't wait. If you guys are diligent, this should turn out well.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
It will turn out well. Not just well, SPECTACULAR!!!!!

CronoMST

CronoMST

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
Do you have any other games that you've made that we can try?

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
No, unfortunately. Don't worry though, there will be stuff to see soon!

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.

It will turn out well. Not just well, SPECTACULAR!!!!!

I Just Hope It Turns Out at all........ :angry:

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Here it is guys! My scanner problems have been taken care of! Here are 2 drawings of the first dream! Unfortunately, where I uploaded my photos to, it won't let me put them in this post, so here's a link to the album.

http://picasaweb.goo...ar09/NiGHTSPics

The main idea behind this was to have an Arabian desert theme, but with a palace. The dream itself will have somewhat of a night setting, to make it seem a bit more majestic and a bit more mysterious. Now the scanner didn't pick up as much as I had hoped, but it's all right. Next time, I'll make my lines a bit darker. This is only the first of what's to come! Now that I have my scanner working, I WILL have things to show you more often!

Murder's Last Crow

Murder's Last Crow

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
Just so you guys know, I'm still working on stuff- this project isn't on hiatus or anything. I've been persistent with my friends and employer about this project, and they're starting to finally accept it as more than just a hobby I wanna' do for fun, and realize the importance of it.

So don't worry- it will be done. ^w^ I wanna' show you some models, but they're not all done yet! *impatient, but needs to do a good job*

Gun6

Gun6

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Pokemon? (Also, spriting)
How have I missed this?

HOW?

This is making me so excited! (By the way, will the game's art be stylized, or will it just be semi-realistic?)

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Nope! No hiatus! Like I said, now that my scanner is fixed, you will see concept art more often! MLC, I hope to see you on AIM more often too!

Bumpity bump. Come take a look people!

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
*admin-hat* Please don't bump, it's not really needed here. */admin-hat*

It's nice to see that you two are getting started :( Musashi, those three doors/entrances... where do they lead? Inside the castle, or to somewhere else entirely?

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
I won't tell yet. :P More will be revealed as the project moves further along! I should have a couple new drawings up by Thursday!

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.
I got a idea,if u get permision from trippy to do so,What if u put U.V. NiGHTS Somewhere in the game.

For More Info About U.V. *if u havent heard of U.V. NiGHTS,shame on u* Here it is

Murder's Last Crow

Murder's Last Crow

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
Yeah, shame on you for not knowing about a non-canonical representation of NiGHTS. It was modelled by Kichigai for goodness sake- IT'S BEAUTIFUL! ^o^

Oh, and drawn millions of times in the delicious stylings of TRiPPY, of course.

I'm currently in the process of negotiation with SEGA- I hope they take kindly to it being purely of the fans for the fans and nothing else. *doesn't want to be arrested*

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
More likely to be sued. Hey, when are we going to talk again, MLC? It's been weeks!

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

More likely to be sued.

Actually, I think they'd be more likely to send a cease-and-desist order if MLC had put up the game without asking and it seemed like he was either 1. passing it off as an official game or 2. tried to make money out of it. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

I hope Sega won't mind this, I'd hate to see the project halted.

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Oh, and NiGHTS.

More likely to be sued.

Heh,never thought of that,but then again we all knew that sega would never make an online NiGHTS Game *they didn't even make a sequel until 11 years later *too busy with sonic* but still,they still would sue *but they might not even notice,but thats unlikely*

Murder's Last Crow

Murder's Last Crow

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
That's why I'm asking them FIRST off. I mean, if they support a fan website with information on NiGHTS and non-canonical fanfare everywhere, what difference does an interactive graphical program (game) make?

Of course, unless you're a lawyer, it's hard to rationalize legal jargon into something like that. XD I'm hoping for the best.

You haven't been on when I'm on, I guess- I get little time to chat since I have to work on the project anyway. PM me a time- again, we shouldn't discuss chatting on the forum. XD

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
All we can really do is hope for the best. Who knows? Maybe Sega will see the potential and actually help us!

MLC, we need to start meeting at the original planned meeting times again!

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.
I really don't wanna be a downer, but by law SEGA can't help an outside party with a franchise. Also, be very careful with this project. Anyone remember the chrono trigger remake project that nintendo sent a cease and desist to? Fan fiction is one thing, creating a large scale game with another company's franchise, another thing entirely. I do hope this project does succeed though.

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Oh, and NiGHTS.

careful with this project. Anyone remember the chrono trigger remake project that nintendo sent a cease and desist to?

Nope,and i dont really want to. :(

but also remember sega's slogan in the early 90's,Sega does what nintendon't,lol

Posted Image

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
It's Thursday! You know what that means? Updates! I put up a couple of new drawings!

This time, I was thinking of putting something along the lines of a spiraling staircase inside of the palace. Also, I felt like giving some-what of a back view of the palace. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Oh, and NiGHTS.
is there stairs in the arabia palace we're gonna have to fly up?! way to think out of the box :( lol

Posted Image

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Actually, you guessed it exactly! You WILL be flying up the stairs!

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
NiGHTS laughs at the 10,000 stair climb challenge!

CronoMST

CronoMST

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

I really don't wanna be a downer, but by law SEGA can't help an outside party with a franchise. Also, be very careful with this project. Anyone remember the chrono trigger remake project that nintendo sent a cease and desist to? Fan fiction is one thing, creating a large scale game with another company's franchise, another thing entirely. I do hope this project does succeed though.

I'm pretty sure it was Square-Enix that made them stop since CT is their IP, not Nintendo's. Even so, I was very sad to see that project get shut down. It was coming along really nicely.

It's for reasons like that that I gave my game a name that DIDN'T have "NiGHTS" in the title, changed around colors, didn't use Ideya, etc. I still call it a NiGHTS-inspired fan game, I just make sure not to claim that it IS NiGHTS. Heheh.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
I agree. That was looking real nice. We'll try and be a little more careful though with this project.

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Oh, and NiGHTS.

Actually, you guessed it exactly! You WILL be flying up the stairs!

lol,I must be a mind reader *or a very good guesser* :)

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Well really, it was kind of obvious. You can't have a big staircase like that there and not be expected to fly up it.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
I uploaded a new drawing!

I figured that it would be cool to fly through the stream that goes around the palace. But what I felt would make it even cooler is that there is actual ocean life living in the stream. Since it's a dream, anything is possible! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me or send a comment!

CronoMST

CronoMST

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
I'm still curious about what programming language you're going to use to develop this. Are you creating your own engine from scratch, or using a preexisting one like Torque or something?

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
That would be a good question for murderslastcrow. I'm the brains, he's the muscle with some brains.

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Oh, and NiGHTS.
Is it just me,or is this topic getting quiet........ maybe Digi was right |( Ugh i hate when Digi is right

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Is it just me,or is this topic getting quiet........ maybe Digi was right |( Ugh i hate when Digi is right

Then I guess...

YOU JUST NEED SOMEONE TO MAKE IT REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY LOUD!!!!

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Hey everyone! The new drawing is up!

OK, I know what you're thinking. Big deal, it's just a throne room. But there's more to it than meets the eye! (Get it, eye? The one on the throne? Oh well) Anywho... What you're going to do in the dream is drill dash that throne from the almost first person view that is some times done in JoD and knock that throne out of the way to go into that corridor in the other drawing!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
So the throne hides the entrance to a secret corridor? Cool.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

(Get it, eye? The one on the throne? Oh well)

My first thought upon reading this was "It's gonna shot a laser like the monsters in Zelda ARGH!" Glad I was wrong XD

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Oh, and NiGHTS.

YOU JUST NEED SOMEONE TO MAKE IT REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY LOUD!!!!

LOL

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Well, I'm glad that this thread is starting to get a bit more attention. I thought more people would be a bit more enthusiastic.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Well, like DiGi said a while back, there's been projects before that just... never happened. I'm glad you two are active, it's a good sign.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users