Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kaibib's Cosplay EDIT 5/19

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Male x male relationships, NiGHTS, Reala, Reala x NiGHTS, drawing, manga, doujinshi, fanfics, fanart, cosplay, designing and making costumes, singing, listening to music of different types, using imagination, walking, dreaming, male pregnancy, peforming music on piano, recorder, clarinet, and vocals.

I want to share my NiGHTS cosplay projects with you all. I will do this with or without anyone's help, and I will be using my own sewing machine and at home to do all of this. I am hoping to wear my first cosplay outfit to a convention nearby, like JAFAX, ACEN (Anime Central), GenCon, Wizard World, or YoumaCon.

I want to do this because I want to become a costume/fashion designer one day, and would like to have experience before going to a fashion/costume design school.

I hope I explained everything. ><

Prince NiGHTS

My first planned costume, I will not work on any other costume until this one is finished.

My Cosplay.com Profile
http://www.cosplay.com/member/100887/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5/19/2008
Okay, I don't know anything about percentages but... I have some guesses here, and I evened everything out:

waistcoat pattern - 5%
blouse pattern - 5%
unitard pattern - 5%
waistcoat - 5%
blouse + jabbot - 10%
unitard - 15%
mask - 10%
jewelry + makeup and contacts - 5%
boots - 10%
wig + cap and hair pins - 5%
gloves + accessories - 5%
hat - 10%
tail - 10%

~~~~~~~~~~~

NEXT MISSION ITEM(s):
Waistcoat
design
patterns

dummy/test prototype
finished waistcoat
details

Blouse
design
patterns
dummy/test prototype
finished blouse
jabbot
details + buttons
wig + supplies (hair pins, wig cap, brush, etc...)

Items:
earrings
wig + wig cap and hair pins
mask
elf ears + ear cuffs
make up (natural + pink tones) + face glitter
false eyelashes
unitard
waistcoat
hip bells + bows and ribbons + pearl chains
rump bow + tail + pearl chains
necklace
hat + ribbons + pearl chains + dangles
badges and brooches/pins
gloves
dress shirt + ribbons and cuffs + buttons
butterfly, moon, and star belt
boots + bells + bows, ribbons and pearl chains + feathers and detail
beaded crown
OPTIONAL: Night Sky Extreme Gear (Sonic Riders Zero Gravity prop)
OPTIONAL: Sailormoon esque kaleidoscope sword/wand prop - Dream Lance
OPTIONAL: Ideya + Cage Keychain(s)
OPTIONAL: hair corsage

COMPELETION: 20%
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Look, here's the FINAL DRAFT of the designs I had. Yay! Now everyone will know what it may look like. I don't think it'll be any less. (unless I don't do an important part of the costume. >> like the hat, and I HAVE to make the hat, or else it really isn't NiGHTS.)

More detail
Posted Image
Posted Image

FRONT
Posted Image

BACK
Posted Image

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
It looks extremely complicated, elaborate, and beautiful. If you have the skill with a needle, then I say go for it, by all means! Though you may wanna consider cost, first.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
This looks really beautiful! I don't think your gonna butcher anything. =3

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Male x male relationships, NiGHTS, Reala, Reala x NiGHTS, drawing, manga, doujinshi, fanfics, fanart, cosplay, designing and making costumes, singing, listening to music of different types, using imagination, walking, dreaming, male pregnancy, peforming music on piano, recorder, clarinet, and vocals.
EDIT: I don't know which part of the costume to work on first, I was thinking the waistcoat or the biggest part of the costume (the unitard).

A long while back I made some earrings for the cosplay... They're Red Ideya earrings that I have to remake. (I mad e them wrong.)

They're supposed to represent red ideya.
Posted Image

Worn.
Posted Image

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
This wasn't essential to my costume but... I made this, because I was able to at the moment. D:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mayura

Mayura

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
This sounds like it's going to be an awesome costume! Are you going to have it done in time for Acen? I'm gonna be there and I'd love to see it =D

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

This sounds like it's going to be an awesome costume! Are you going to have it done in time for Acen? I'm gonna be there and I'd love to see it =D

I highly doubt it, I'll try to make it. (though I'll be taking my time and little cofee breaks in between still.)
This costume will be a lot of work it seems. And I'm still at beginner status. @___@ Oh no! I won't be able to be in the mascurade... there's only 100 slots, and I only have until tomarrow! And what if I won't have the costume done until then? That wouldn't be fair... D: Oh well, there's always next year... or a different con. xD

I shall work really hard! I really want to wear it. x3

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
graaaah D<

I swear to god, first it was lynne and now you. You talented people with your crazyawesome over-the-top detailed cosplays wtf. *jealous*

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
I remade my red ideya earrings again... wheee. I are so lazy.
Posted Image

Don't worry, I'm taking my time... I'm going to have to anyway. Numbers and lines and newsprint are MOCKING ME.

Look, here's the FINAL DRAFT of the designs I had. Yay! Now everyone will know what it may look like. I don't think it'll be any less. (unless I don't do an important part of the costume. >> like the hat, and I HAVE to make the hat, or else it really isn't NiGHTS.)

FRONT
Posted Image

BACK
Posted Image

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
Just looking at your plans makes my fingers remember PAIN and TIRED.

Looks pretty sweet, probably even better when it exists in real life.

I'd be more interested in making a cosplay of my own design of NiGHTS, but technically it would fall under "fan-characters" (because it's not official) and thus be ineligible for cosplay contests.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling

thus be ineligible for cosplay contests.

XD depends what con you go to, not all of them are canon nazis. In most cosplay competitions if its a costume varient (of official or unofficial design) it will pass as the character if its the character intended. To be honest it would be hard to do the 'MUST BE IDENTICAL' rule with any cosplay because then it would include the cosplayer themselves, gender, size and so on. Then nobody would be able to cosplay NiGHTS at all because we don't all have like 2 ribs and no nose XD
It's sort of begs the question in like limebarb cosplay for instance, theres sometimes 2 or more versions made of the same costume. Some are more detailed than others but still pass as they are the same character. So it's all about if the rule makers see some sequins and baubles as some kind of horrific insult (most dont and judge on creativity instead).

*whips Kaibib towards her inbox*

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Dear god the details! I hope it goes well, because this looks like it'll great.

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Forgot to meniton... THIS>>>
Posted Image
... will be my NiGHTS wig. Whoo hoo. (for days when I don't wear the hat. @__@) It's almost exactly what I saw human NiGHTS' hair. lol So cute. x3 THOUGH IT'S THE WRONG COLOR IN THE PICTURE. It be much darker color when I order it.

Oh yeah, and I am also making extra barrettes and stuffs to sell at the con I end up going to for costume supply money.
That wig is $30 dollars... >> Oh well.

Nyx

Nyx

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
I remember that wig from Cosplay.com -- I wanted one. -_-
Good lord your concept for the idea is gorgeous!

I saw your list up in your first post -- I have some ideas, if you don't mind. :)

- There is a face-glitter line from the company 'Wet'N'Wild' -- There's your standard body glitter kind, and then there are a few that are finer ground that look like fairy dust. Both are safe for putting on your eyelids, as well as anywhere else on the face or body -- but be warned, application is not as easy as it looks, as glitter notoriously gets everywhere. :D
I use a brush to apply it, but there may be easier ways...
They're called 'MegaShimmer - Body Powder', they come in different colors, and they're only about $3.00/1-2£ each at a local convenience store.

- For the beads, I would suggest the site Fire Mountain Gems -- they have just about every bead under the sun, and they sell real stones too. Unfortunately, if you're looking for inexpensive chains, it's less expensive to get some from a local craft store, even though you might have to get a lot of it -- all of Fire Mountain's chains are real-metal, and you have to buy large amounts of it at once, therefore it's much more expensive. But FMG has a larger variety of chains, and is more likely to have what you're looking for. Choose carefully, and have an idea how much you want to spend for something before you buy anything -- it's good to be satisfied with what you're getting, but you don't want to stop eating for a month because of it. :)

- I read about your idea for Cage keychains -- and I was reminded of how Fire Mountain carries multiple styles of cages to put beads in -- it sounds like what you're looking for, and packs of kinds like these come with 100 in a pack for $11.00/9£.

Just some suggestions, anyway...
Hope this helps a bit -- sorry if I'm just repeating stuff you already know... :lol:

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Oooooooh that beading website does lots of variations on chains.... hmmm *bookmarks* I need those for DiGi's cosplay... though i could just raid my old jewelry box! But so shineyyyy.

edit-
http://www.simplyseq...-gold-950-p.asp

Found those on my travels^ would be nice for your costume bits :3

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

'MUST BE IDENTICAL' rule with any cosplay because then it would include the cosplayer themselves, gender, size and so on. Then nobody would be able to cosplay NiGHTS at all because we don't all have like 2 ribs and no nose XD
It's sort of begs the question in like limebarb cosplay for instance, theres sometimes 2 or more versions made of the same costume. Some are more detailed than others but still pass as they are the same character.

Well...there's artistic license, and there's also dealing with what nature gave you. But we're talkin' COMPLETELY rehashing characters here, like UV, or my design for NiGHTS, or Kaibib's prince design. All NiGHTS by name and spirit but all completely visually different from each other and the official designs.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Being honest, i don't understand why people would get uptight about seeing a famous game character being altered for a cosplay event. So what if it's a fan interpretation? So was TRiPPY's and Sega themselves wanted it to be used to help promote their character. At the end of the day, you could have a costume that resembles the real thing so much and you would get praise for it for being accurate....but adding your own little touches to a great character shows creativity and therefore rewards you more because it shows individuality.

It's like music. Marble Zone from Sonic 1 sounds lovely. We all know what it sounds like. But what makes the remixes at OverClocked Remix sound good is seeing how all the different musical artists have their take on the same track.

Anyways, BACK on topic, yeah? This isn't about what's right and wrong in terms of all things cosplay.

Nice concept art for your costume, Kaibib. That's gonna look stylin' once you finish it. ^_^
And that wig looks scarily identical to how you draw NiGHTS' hair style. Good find! XD

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
I gots some more progress done. :3 Thank you all for taking interest in this, compliments, and helping out. D:
I'm such a newb when it comes to this. >< I need all the help I can get from others and books.

And TRiPPY, now I understand what you meant about the embroidery thing... you mean embroidered appliques? I think that's a possibility. :3 Spandex... a horror story waiting to happen. ><

PEARL CHAINS, YEY (I think these are the ones that will go on the hat... they're much longer IRL)
Posted Image

Oh yeah... and I found THIS-->
Posted Image

Look at the sleeves... they are called 'leg of mutton' - a Victorian style of sleeve I heard. It's the shape of the sleeves on my NiGHTS dress shirt that I wanted without realising it. I just drew it with a separate puff on top with a skinny detatchable sleeve on bottom... now I don't need to make 2 separate sleeves! YAY!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
That shirt is all shades of awesome! :lol: I tried to make shoulders like that once for a completely different thing and it failed supremely XD;;; You can have the arms of your costume as puffy as you like because you don't have honkin great big cuffs to outweight them and make the flat! Bonus!

Also the pearls look fantastic! I can't remember where i got mine from... i think i got thrown them at a carnival parade off the back of a truck XD Mardigra beads! fuhuh A bit of advice I'll give you regarding chains/swingy bits on hats- make sure it doesn't hit you in the face (esecialy when bowing) my dangly jewel thing on my hat tends to pendulum straight into my eyeballs at times *lmao*

As for embroidery, yeah if you think of it as appliques, you can use a sturdier base for stiching rather than rutch the soft fabric when it resizes. Plus you don't want a lumpy backing. Spandex and stretch matt materials are unforgiving with bumps under the fabric, so if you make a strip of stronger fabric the shape of the entire run of the leg/whatever, embroider it, then tack it onto the costume itself. It all depends what you want your base material to definately be i suppose. Some can be embroidered (like plush fabrics) some cannot.

Like i said recycle recycle! My unitard/dungarees are made from a sofa, a dress, a pair of work trousers etc etc. It's amazing what you can use! Like i was about to throw out 2 old cushions yesterday then i remembered i could use them for stuffing.

OH, btw, since I'm free today i'll scan what i said i would and get back to you on those stars. I only have clay right now (breakable) so I'll try to buy some fimo, i needs some too!

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Gah! My printer won't work! >< I guess I gotta set it up again... dangit.

Anyway... trying to find patterns for a fraking leg of mutton is HARD because all I want is a CERTAIN SHAPE and they don't have it. The only one that I liked was in that picture and a knit swear thing on a site called burdastyle or something. Oh well, I guess I can just draft from what I see. It couldn't be THAT hard... right?

... Okay maybe I can't. I can't even make patterns for a FRAKING WAISTCOAT. How stupid of me to think I can actually do a leg of mutton sleeve on a blouse? Doh! ><

Oh well... try, try again I guess. Let's hope I can get it right this time... after gaining courage to get to it. Ha! I'm so lazy...

I want some of those sequins for NiGHTS! I can put those on the tail instead of beads alone or replacing the beads. Yey! Thankies TRiP. x3 (I like the tiny hologram ones too. Mwuahaha.)
I also found some pretty opalish white/clear glitter from bonbons.... or whatever it said. It was in a spray kind and a tiny dome case thing... I was going to get some but my grandma started bitching about me wanting to get make-up and my costume isn't even halfway finished. Meh, when I get the money myself I'll go get my foundation and blush. ... maybe a new mascara too. I need to dye my brows purple. xD

Spandex and Vinyl here I come! Whee... @___@

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts

I need to dye my brows purple. xD

Nuuuuuuuuu don't follow that trap! Dying eyebrows is pointless whe you can do it safely and quickly with lilac/purple hair mascara. Paint it on with a little brush then comb it through. Purple eyebrows even on dark hair! (i use gold to get blonde eyebrows)

ALSO RRRRGH my pc was messing up lastnight again so i wasn';t able to scan anything, but I'm going to kick it in the teeth today so don't worry.

As for the pattern for mutton shoulders... *thinks* technicaly it would just be a long rectangle with a bulge in the center would it not? Those types of arms are more about overusing material and sewing gatherings than the actual pattern i think. Its all down to how tight the bottom band is (because that's what keeps the ruffles UP your arms and not pulled downwards.

Nyx

Nyx

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Dying eyebrows is pointless when you can do it safely and quickly with lilac/purple hair mascara. Paint it on with a little brush then comb it through. Purple eyebrows even on dark hair! (i use gold to get blonde eyebrows)

Very true. :D

I also know someone who used Ben Nye tattoo sealer to cover her eyebrows, then used foundation to blend it into her skin tone. Then it's just a matter of drawing new ones in -- I think she used eyeliner pencils and colored mascara together. Amythest/Violet/Lilac eyeliner pencils or eyebrow pencils aren't too hard to find, either. It's all a matter of what your budget is. :D

Apparently, the sealer is officially used for stage makeup -- it's supposed to be easy apply and wash off, but I've never tried it myself...

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
I have been looking in the makeup area at Wal-Fart for some purple eyeliner and mascara... their selections suck, I can't find anything PURPLE. Everything is all pinks and reds and crap. >< I need to look online for that stuff. Oh well, nothing wrong with that. I just need to save up some money for that.

I've been trying AGAIN to find vintage patterns and... failed miserably. Simplicity sucks major. I need to look elsewhere, maybe Vogue or something. >>;

Velvet and vinyl togetherisn't a good match, is it? ><
Speaking of texture, I had Amano's artwork in mind when I was looking for spandex and other fabric for the big parts of my costume. Lookie what I found. xD
http://www.spandexhouse.com/products.asp?p...=Animal%20Print
Not just the animal prints, but all kinds of spandex! It's a fun place to shop for FUN SPANDEX. FTW.

I think I may just use pvc and vinyl for the boots and waistcoat to make it look more like the actual thing... but it might clash with the silk dress shirt and spandex! >< Dangit, I don't know what to do about fabric choices. I need a box full of fabric swatches, lol.

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
LOOK! I'M WASTING TIME! I don't know what to do with myself as I am just being laaaaaazzzyyyyy... lazy I tell you. I'm just a big fat couch potato.

... Actually I am doing something. I'm reading many different sewing books and such, TRYING to understand what they're talking about. lol
But yeah, here are some pictures of some of my materials, I have more, but they're not worth showing. (they're like... all over the place... lol)

Posted Image
1 - Cream eye shadow in sparkling white (it's got glitter in it too) I don't know what to do with it... maybe I'll use it for my costume makeup.

2 - pearl chains I have made up to now. I think these ones are for my hat...

3 - JINGLE BELLS!

4 - the spray on glitter I recently got yesterday. I rather not spray it on... I have brushes to apply it to my cheeks without getting it into my eye. xD

5 - white ribbon. This stuff is very thin. Yey!

6 - A silver cage pendant that I will use once I get the rest of the materials, and a red 'ideya' to put in it.

7 - a metal comb I had for a long time. Don't know that to do with it without messing it up. I only have one...

8 - Purple quad shades eyeshadow. I uhh... I dunno, it's purple.

9 - clear lip gloss. There's no glitter in it dangit!

Posted Image
1 - silver craft wire. I'll make my crown/tiara out of this... I think.

2 - a brush. lol

3 - more brushes, and a plum (dark purple or violet) liquid eyeliner. Gah, that stuff sucks.

Posted Image
1 - fake feathers... lol I think I need new ones, some GOOD QUALITY kind. Whoo. Oh well... maybe since I'm a beginner I need to use this crap.

2 - my false eyelashes. They're so pretty... @__@

Posted Image
1 - loose powder eyeshadow in ultraviolet (uh... purpleish lavender or something) this stuff DRIVES ME GONADS.

2 - another loose powder thing, only in frost (white) they both are shiney and pretty sparklely stuff.

3 - some beads I found outside last year. lol I cleaned them, I swear. It was only dirt... >> I should get new ones anyway, I tense up when I touch them. xD

4 - yellow ribbon... NiGHTS fans can just guess what I'll use that for. xD

Posted Image
1 - lookie what I found... it's a star keychain! I forgot I had this...

2 - a silver key... guess what this represents? xD

3 - ring things... they're actually bracelets, but I don't know what to do with them.

4 - purple ribbon. Yay!

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
WELL HAY, I GOT SOME ACTUALL PROGRESS DONE.

Posted Image
It's the base of my tiara/crown thing. I am not liking it one bit. I may get some golden shinery sheer ribbon to wrap around it. I dunno. >> It sucks.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Where did you get those lashes?

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Where did you get those lashes?

I bought them at Wal*Mart around Halloween time. :3
Cheap ol' things never wanna come off. ><

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Geeze... This makes me want to cosplay, but I'm rather tardtastic at sewing and crafting.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Quick word of advice with your feather lashes. Mines befell a horrible fate when i put them back into storage, FEATHERS are EVIL and like to deform easily so try to keep them as flat/non squished as possible. I now have one lash that goes up the way and another that goes down the way XD I had to import mines from bloomin Australia!

For your tiara you may want to buy something like thin cord in metalics or someting, it would compliment the metal well :3

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
I did buy a pair of fake lashes myself for my cosplay...I ended up never wearing them because it was just too uncomfortable for me.

I guess all I really have to say is that makeup shouldn't be on the bottom of your priority list. I suggest wearing the makeup for a few regular days to get used to it being on your face...but, then again, I don't know how often you wear makeup anyway. I rarely do. It was like putting little mittens on a cat's feet; even though it wasn't cumbersome, I still had this overwhelming urge to wipe it off of my face. xD

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Okay... I've noticed that I have posted way too much crap, and not actual progress. So, I've made a conclusion...
I am going to leave for a little while. That means I won't check back here until I get some REAL progress done. I am serious. D:

But don't worry, as I said, I will be back... when I get some things done, like:

1.) Buying my wig and related accessories.

2.) Drafting out my waistcoat pattern and at least get the base done.

3.) Drafting out my shirt pattern and getting that done too.

Starting today, I won't be back until July.... maybe. Because I think that constantly coming back here is a distraction, as well as spamming this place with my nonsense. Pah. You guys want RESULTS. Well, give me until July and you will see real progress on my costume.

See you later!
~Kaibib

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
You know what... SCREW the crown! SCREW THE ENITRE COSTUME! I'm not doing it anymore!
I can't, and won't, do it!

It's not like I started it anyway. I thought I could do it, but you know what? Poor people like me with no money or skills don't get jack sh!t done. End of story.
I'm already on meds, thanksforasking.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Come on. You're just gonna wimp out that easily? I'm making a REALA THEMED PROM DRESS. You think that's much easier?

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Whoa whoa whoa. WTF happened?

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
Come on KA, you can't give up now!

Imagine the costume when its finished, you'll go down in history as one of the best NiGHTS Cosplay's ever ^^

HAVE FAITH IN YOUR ABILITY'S!

Nyx

Nyx

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

It's not like I started it anyway. I thought I could do it, but you know what? Poor people like me with no money or skills don't get jack sh!t done. End of story.

And I'm one of those people, too. But you know what? I decided to try anyway!

When I saw all of the creations on this site, I was already thinking that I would never be able to reach the level that many of you have already passed. But I decided to try it anyway.

So I started creating a plush doll, one of my two fanmaren. I had no idea what I was doing, I had never tried anything like this before -- I had no patterns to start with, and I didn't really have any money to spend on it. But I decided to try anyway, and I went with what fabrics and accessories I already had lying around.

I started drawing patterns. Most of them didn't look like I wanted, I had no idea if they were going to work at all, some of the patterns ended up being too small, and the pencils wouldn't mark the fabric when I was ready to start. But I clenched my jaw, and kept trying.

When I was halfway through making Spectre, I almost quit entirely. I couldn't get the patterns to work together, my sewing machine decided that it hated me when I started making her dress, the fabrics were the most disagreeable that I think I could have ever chosen, and when hand-sewing my thread knotted so much that I was ready to call it quits. But I decided that I'd already done this much, and I was going to finish.

So I kept at it. And now, minus her cape and some beadwork, she's done.
And I've never been prouder of something I've made. Nothing compares to the feeling of knowing that, although it may not be exactly what you wanted at first, that you've completed a project that you were determined to finish.

Because of that, I know that my future projects, no matter how large or small, or how complicated they may be, I can still be happy with the progress I make. Because I'd have rather tried to do something and found that I couldn't -- due to my own abilities or other circumstances -- than have regretted that I didn't try at all.

I look at all of you -- hardworking, inspiring, talented, and creative people -- and Kaibib Angel, you're one of them. Don't give up -- this is supposed to be fun!

Have a little faith in yourself, I know that you can do this!

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Whoa whoa whoa. WTF happened?

I have a case of teen angst it seems. I was rather upset because that no matter what I do, my stupid crown doesn't want to take form no matter how much friggin wire and beads I use! And don't get me started on those friggin' patterns...
No. No. I can't do it.

Come on KA, you can't give up now!

Imagine the costume when its finished, you'll go down in history as one of the best NiGHTS Cosplay's ever ^^

HAVE FAITH IN YOUR ABILITY'S!

I highly doubt I'll be the best of anything since I keep having these little angst trips. My brain doesn't seem to understand that getting pissed off at EVERY LITTLE THING THAT HAPPENS is stupid and childish. But, then again... I must be stupid and childish. ><

And I'm one of those people, too. But you know what? I decided to try anyway!

When I saw all of the creations on this site, I was already thinking that I would never be able to reach the level that many of you have already passed. But I decided to try it anyway.

So I started creating a plush doll, one of my two fanmaren. I had no idea what I was doing, I had never tried anything like this before -- I had no patterns to start with, and I didn't really have any money to spend on it. But I decided to try anyway, and I went with what fabrics and accessories I already had lying around.

I started drawing patterns. Most of them didn't look like I wanted, I had no idea if they were going to work at all, some of the patterns ended up being too small, and the pencils wouldn't mark the fabric when I was ready to start. But I clenched my jaw, and kept trying.

When I was halfway through making Spectre, I almost quit entirely. I couldn't get the patterns to work together, my sewing machine decided that it hated me when I started making her dress, the fabrics were the most disagreeable that I think I could have ever chosen, and when hand-sewing my thread knotted so much that I was ready to call it quits. But I decided that I'd already done this much, and I was going to finish.

So I kept at it. And now, minus her cape and some beadwork, she's done.
And I've never been prouder of something I've made. Nothing compares to the feeling of knowing that, although it may not be exactly what you wanted at first, that you've completed a project that you were determined to finish.

Because of that, I know that my future projects, no matter how large or small, or how complicated they may be, I can still be happy with the progress I make. Because I'd have rather tried to do something and found that I couldn't -- due to my own abilities or other circumstances -- than have regretted that I didn't try at all.

I look at all of you -- hardworking, inspiring, talented, and creative people -- and Kaibib Angel, you're one of them. Don't give up -- this is supposed to be fun!

Have a little faith in yourself, I know that you can do this!

But... I know it was supposed to be fun... when I'm not being such a moron and not get so pissed off at everything, even the stupid small crap. >< But I guess my brain is just like that. I highly doubt depression has anything to do with it.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I am a lot like you, Kabib. I'll start something and give up. But I want better for you, dear Kabib. Go! Make your cosplay! BE THE COSPLAY! And think about this. You'll have small children asking for your autograph. Won't that be neato keen? XD

Kaibib Angel

Kaibib Angel

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
OMG.... LIKE...

MY CROWN IS FINISHED. LIKE, TODAY.
Posted Image
What... did that take like... 2 weeks and 5 different tries to compelete? Got I'm stupid.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
OwO *gawks at shinyness of crown*

It looks Special Awesome! And you did better than me........ It took over a month for me to get a single page for Jackle's day done. :P *slithers under a blanket*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users