Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Something really weird that happened to me in study hall

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
So I was in study hall and done with all my work. I had nothing to do, so I put my head down for a little bit. Before I knew it though, I was sort of asleep. All of a sudden, I was half dreaming. I was riding a bicycle. And all of a sudden, I let go of the handle bars. The bike started spinning out of control. Right as I was clamping down on the handle bars, I woke up and jumped a bit. It looked sort of like a muscle spasm. Fortunately, no one really noticed. Has anything like this happened to you? Being half asleep and dreaming and then waking up real quick like that?

Lunia

Lunia

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Yeah I've sorta had that too, especially when I dream that I'm falling. Recently I had a dream I was hit by an avalanche and it was like I really felt the impact on my body, funny how its all connected.

Amy Rose

Amy Rose

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic the hedgehog, anime, manga, drawing, books, photoshop, j-pop and rock, reading and writing fanfiction, cooking and lots of other stuff....... ^_^
Yep, I have the one where I'm falling and then snap awake quickly a LOT.
I always wake up before I land though :)

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
I fell asleep in math class and dreamed that I was surfing on lava once. I woke up by the bell, and I suddenly noticed I was hot and sweaty.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
It's ironic really how real life and dreams can be connected. That's probably how part of the concept for NiGHTS came to be.

spinningcannon

spinningcannon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Other worlds, art, music, literature, symbolism, psychology, philosophy, the human condition
Yeesss this happens to me almost daily. XD Although with me it's caused by severe lack of sleep.

Even so-- I can only figure that this is caused by being right on the edge of consciousness, and slipping off when we aren't paying attention. ^^
It is quite interesting, though, although I wish I could remember mine more often. My memory is horrible. XD

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Mmm I love it when I notice I'm slipping onto the edge of consciousness. Nothing really comes of it other than a few amusing moments (still working on pulling off a full WILD).

Yeah I've sorta had that too, especially when I dream that I'm falling. Recently I had a dream I was hit by an avalanche and it was like I really felt the impact on my body, funny how its all connected.

I've had that happen before too. As far as I remember, that's caused by a signal that's sent down your spine right before you go fully asleep that causes your entire body to twitch or shake. It happens every night and you're seldom aware of it. I've had dreams where I fall flat on my arse and on impact I wake up with my body rebounding and moving a bit in bed. They're rare occurrences for me.

If I could let my sleep schedule run however I want it to (college isn't helping) I'd probably spend a lot more time investigating and experimenting with the semi-conscious...

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
Last night I had one of those: I jumped off a huge cliff, and when I landed, I was in the future. O_o But I didn't wake up right after that...

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I've had dreams like that, except I don't wake up all of a sudden. Usually it takes my friend Eddie hitting me with a pencil and snapping at me to stop drooling on his shirt before I wake up.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
lol

It's really not a good thing to fall asleep in class, no matter how boring it is!

tinfoil

tinfoil

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
This happens to me all the time during class. I wake up when I dream that I fall off of a chair or something like that.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
It used to happen to me in high school when I would fall asleep in class with some regularity.
I think it is pretty much the same thing as when you are going to bed and all of a sudden are jolted by a falling sensation?

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
about 80% of the time when I am in bed ready to sleep for the night I have a 5 mins sleeping period in which that has to happen before I can truly fall asleep, it ALWAYS reminded me of when you enter a dream in NiGHTS and the Minions steal your Ideya before you can JUST BARLEY get to NiGHTS XD that always annoyed me.

Minn

Minn

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
Things like that occasionally happen to me, but never anytime other then when I'm trying to fall asleep at night. Like once I was just barely asleep, and dreaming although it was more like a series of random thoughts buzzing in my head all movielike. I was walking somewhere and there was...something in front of me {can't remember} and then out of nowhere this tape measureing tape extended and hit me in the eye-
-And I jolted wide awake in bed, feeling like something had actually hit me in the eye.
...Stupid brain.
Also, once tried adjusting my hair or something in a dream by bending my neck sideways-
- did the same thing in real life and woke up instantly. Gave myself a krink in my neck too. Agh.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Similar things have happened to me. What's interesting though is when you're just about asleep, when you tell yourself or imagine something go on, it feels like it actually is. Of course that is, until you grip your bed or something and you wake back up.

Pikmingirl

Pikmingirl

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:8D I love video games, art, anime, drawing, video games, art, video gam-*asplodes*
Ooh, yeah I've had one of those dreams before. They feel weird but funny in a way. I was also half asleep and then when I felt like I fell off the bench, I jumped and woke up and felt very awake or something. XD Those dreams are fun in a way... Sometimes, lol.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I recently encountered that today, actually, without Eddie having to hit me with a sharp object.

I was in Biology class and we were watching I Am Legend (because it's the day before a long vacation and Mr. E just REALLY doesn't feel like teaching XD) and I put my head on my hand and before I knew it I was OUT and I had a nightmare. I was being attacked by wild rabid dogs, and one of them attacked my throat and I snapped awake. I touched my throat and could swear I saw blood, but I guess I was imagining it because no one else saw anything and there was no real wound to speak of.

Lament

Lament

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala, Reala,
Please nobody take this personally, but wouldn't it be funny if there was a banner that said, "The NiGHTS into Dreams Community" - "Come and join us!" and everyone in the picture was just dead asleep? I would chuck nuggets XD

I had those dreams all the time. Like three weeks ago, I was in math class, and I had not slept the previous night so I was tired. Well, I finished my test, and layed my head down. I don't remember having any dream or anything, but I jumped up really quick like without any warning whatsoever, and everyone looked at me like I was retarded... Poor me XD

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I can't really recall experiencing that but I do know I have had plenty of times when I had sleep paralysis. The most notable time was the image of a man with a sky blue face just looking at me angrily. I tried to move but I couldn't. I had sleep paralysis -.-"

Uly'aoth

Uly'aoth

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS series (duh!), WipEout series, Techno, Drum and Bass (DnB), D&amp;D, Websurfing, Rollerblading, Deviantart, Cats, Basketball, Newgrounds.com, IMVU.com, Silent Hill series, Metal gear Solid, Mario, Dragonforce, System Shock 2, PSP (I'm not done yet!)
Funny i've had dreams like this before. Many dreams I have underwater i'm not holding my breath but i'm not drowning. Instead its like flying without having to stroke it's so much fun...until you run into the great white shark that is...and from that a rock wall 0_0 *Chop!*

Saphira

Saphira

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Her Music:<br />Boys like Girls, Secondhand Serenade, Flyleaf, Silverstien, All time low, CASCADA, Rihanna, Paramore, Linkin Park, Evanescence, M.I.A, Anberlin, Family Force 5<br /><br />Her Hobbies:<br />Drawing, Wii, music, hanging with friends, texting, IMing, writing songs, sewing<br /><br />Random:<br />I really love the smell of gasoline, vanilla, new cars, model homes, pickles, and plastic. <br />I'm really random.
I've had dreams like that before. I was in a jacuzzi, and I fell asleep. Suddenly something screamed WAKE UP! at me and I woke up.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Yeah, those are some weird dreams. It's strange the way the unconscious mind works...

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
The mind is AMAZING! This happens to me alot, too. I have these dreams roughly every teo weeks....

Saphira

Saphira

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Her Music:<br />Boys like Girls, Secondhand Serenade, Flyleaf, Silverstien, All time low, CASCADA, Rihanna, Paramore, Linkin Park, Evanescence, M.I.A, Anberlin, Family Force 5<br /><br />Her Hobbies:<br />Drawing, Wii, music, hanging with friends, texting, IMing, writing songs, sewing<br /><br />Random:<br />I really love the smell of gasoline, vanilla, new cars, model homes, pickles, and plastic. <br />I'm really random.
Once I was on my bed, watching TV late at night, and I fell asleep accidentaly. I dreamt that a dog was chasing me, and then it bit my knee, and then I started spazzing out, and I woke up in bed and my knee was throbbing for a few seconds... it was wierd...

Arctides

Arctides

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
So, one time, I had a dream that I was going through a high-tech obstacle course. At one point I jumped over something in the course, and was suddenly jarred awake as I landed on the floor next to my bed and whack my ankle on the edge of my desk (which is also next to my bed). Apparently I'd actually jumped :)

NeoScriptor

NeoScriptor

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Programming, Gaming, Dreamcast, Xbox 360, and misc. geeky stuff.
Mine tend to be intense, like Arctides'. I'll be falling or something, and wake up when I hit the floor next to my bed. It's happened about three times now, funny how my subconscious can time that so well with gravity and all... As for those jittery, half-baked ones when you're just falling asleep, I've had one every night this week. The only difference is that I've been dead tired all week, so I guess that has something to do with it.

My brother has this stuff happen to him hardcore. He once fell out of a bunk bed, dropped six feet, and hit his head on a printer. My parents and I got up and ran over to him and found him fast asleep with his head still on the printer, haha.

Metaria

Metaria

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I've fallen asleep in class, only to twitch whenever the teacher's voice rises or falls in inflection. And I can feel the twitching, even when I'm dreaming. It feels really strange.

I've also had dreams where I'd be fighting someone, and make some sort of crazy Matrix-style move to dodge their attack, and wake up in that position about three seconds before I fall off my bed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users