Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Final Fantasy anyone?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
This is one of my top favorite video game series of all time besides NiGHTS. Great stories, characters, weapons, magic, etc... However, I feel they were only good until Hironobu Sakaguchi left Square.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
I like the series a lot too, but I am more of a fan of FFVI and FFIX. I like most of the older games and FFIX was meant to be more like them. I think things have been going kinda downhill around 7 for me. That and i can't really buy much more since I refuse to buy a PS3. Too expensive. I will just have to play the other FF games on other systems.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I am currently working on beating all of the main series in order.

I just recently beat FFII. I will get started with FFIII sometime soonish.

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

I am currently working on beating all of the main series in order.

I just recently beat FFII. I will get started with FFIII sometime soonish.

Wow, I admire that. Can you technically "beat" XI though? Or do you mean by "main series" 1-10 and then 12?

Personally I am too young to have played the old Nintendo system ones (thank goodness for remakes) and really do not want to go and pick up the Sony systems. I will be playing XIII when it comes out in 2009. Err...maybe 2010.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I'll play XI for a month or two and say that is close enough.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
I would say a month or two is good enough as well. But I have to agree, after 7, things went downhill. And with XII pretty much getting rid of the battle system, Final Fantasy is pretty much dead.

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^
I've been a long-time fan of the Final Fantasy series of games. I have to say though that my favorite of the more recent ones was FFVIII. It may sound strange to some, but I actually liked the storyline in that one more than others.

In terms of the older ones though, I'd have to say that FFV and FFVI were my all-time favorites. Kefka = WIN.

I'm actually playing through all of them in a row. Just like Nemoide. However I'm a bit behind him since I'm trying to 100% all of them. Finding every damn chest = PAIN.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I'm really hoping for a FF7 remake on the PS3. I'd definitely buy it. I played my bros's Crisis Core and I love it. I didn't play it long but it's pretty fun. I think I misjudged this series. I always like the characters but I used to think it was just some lame, boring game series but it's not. Well except for 10. I hate 10.

DylanJohn

DylanJohn

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Currently playing through FFVII at the moment; have played ten or so hours of it before, but my friend's copy was stuffed so I couldn't progres, just recently... *ahem*... obtained the game and am making my way through it now. Compotent RPG, but not really outstanding; quality game, but not really "ZOMG BEST EVAR HOLY CRAP THIS IS HARDCORE AWEOSME" material.

Other than that, I've played and enjoyed VI, VIII, IX, X, X-2 and Tactics Advanace. Was playing XII and was enjoying the characters, story and gameplay, but got to a point where I couldn't see myself advancing without some level grinding and, well, grinding's not really my cup of tea and I'd stopped having fun with the game so I stopped playing it.

Wolf

Wolf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
I think it's entirely unfair to say that Final Fantasy is dead because XII used the XI-style battle system. Square-Enix wouldn't get anywhere by just making the same games over and over again. As much as I love the Final Fantasy series, you have to admit that they reuse a lot of the same formulae in making the games, especially on games on the same console.

For example, FFI - FFIII are very similar. FFIV - FFVI are very similar. FFVII - FFIX are very similar. The only place where there seems to be an exception is starting at FFX - FFXII. Though there are significant similarities in graphics and dungeon design and feel between X and XII (I understand that XI is sort of a black sheep here), the difference in the battle system makes them feel like different games.

Now, VI and VII are two of my favorite Final Fantasies, but I've really come to like XII, and I think that you can't just rule it out because it tries to break away a little bit from the tried-and-true formula to try something new. Sometimes it doesn't work, but in the case of FFXII, I'm very impressed. I'm looking forward to see what kind of progress they'll make in the shift to PS3 with FFXIII. The only thing that you REALLY need to stay the same from game to game in order to consider it a true Final Fantasy game are very few:

1. Chocobos. They've been in every game since FFIII, and they should remain.
2. Cid. This one's a given. Doesn't matter who he is, as long as his name is Cid.
3. Summons. They don't have to be the standard crew, but they should have a link to previous Final Fantasy games in some way, even if it's a creative way.

Other than this, I can't say there's anything that I HAVE to have in a game to truly make it Final Fantasy. I don't mind if they use more things, like the standard magic naming system (with or without tweaks), but I'd say that if it satisfies these things, it can still be Final Fantasy. I really hope we see something innovative and entertaining in Final Fantasy XIII, but I'm also looking forward to the DS remake of FFIV, and I'd LOOOVE to see a PS3 remake of FFVII.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
I thought I heard rumors of them remaking FFVII. Meh, maybe not. I don't care either way. I am kinda sick of hearing about FFVII so much. Its not a bad game, but I am getting tired of them trying to reuse it so much. Now that I think about it, I never did beat that game. I was trying to do the things I had to in order to get Cloud's limit break or whatever and I got so frustrated that I stopped for awhile. Then I forgot about it and moved on with my life.

I really did love FFXII, but it is just so long. I am not even halfway through the game and I have spent over 60 hours on it. Its ridicoulous. I just don't have the time for all that. LOL I say I have no time and I sat over here playing Disgaea for awhile. XD Now there is a time consumer!

I am still mad at my bf for selling his American FFII and FFIII on the SNES. Sure we have them on PS now, but they were still collectables.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.

I thought I heard rumors of them remaking FFVII. Meh, maybe not. I don't care either way.

Those rumor came from a tech demo that was made to show the ps3's power (it showed the intro of FF:VII) but hey lets face it can sony really pass up the opportunity to make such a cash cow?

I liked 8 and I loved 9 (I don't know why prob. because it has Freya, and Freya is cool) I also liked 7 because of Sephiroth, but yes ppl are truly over rating it, like they do with halo, which is in fact a good game but really... and I don't wanna hear any comments on that halo comment! >:(

I hope they put Freya in the next Kingdom Hearts game :3 and make Sephiroth even tougher! :D (yes I am crazy) He's extremely tough but not tough ENOUGH!!!

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Those rumor came from a tech demo that was made to show the ps3's power (it showed the intro of FF:VII) but hey lets face it can sony really pass up the opportunity to make such a cash cow?

I liked 8 and I loved 9 (I don't know why prob. because it has Freya, and Freya is cool) I also liked 7 because of Sephiroth, but yes ppl are truly over rating it, like they do with halo, which is in fact a good game but really... and I don't wanna hear any comments on that halo comment! >:)

I hope they put Freya in the next Kingdom Hearts game :3 and make Sephiroth even tougher! ^_^ (yes I am crazy) He's extremely tough but not tough ENOUGH!!!

Ah ok. But that is true. They just might do that anyway...

Yeah! Someone else actually likes 9. Most people I talk to say they hated it or didn't give it a chance because it didn't look cool. :/ I am a Vivi fan though. Freya is still awsome though too. Especially since she has the easiest to max set damage attack in the game. (I made the other set damage attacks maxed out too but still...) I have spent way too much time playing that game. I have almost 150 hours on the main save, and that was probably the 5th one I made. There is a long story as to why I did all that for that game so don't think I do this all the time.

Yeah thank you. Some games are really good, but they are not the Holy Grail.

I seriously doubt they would put Freya in the next KH. But then again, I never thought they would have put Steinzer in there either.... Still, don't get your hopes up too much. Tell me if she is though. I won't be playing anymore KH games ever again. KHII killed the whole thing for me....

Minimanasama

Minimanasama

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS of course!<br />Visual Kei,<br />Guitar, Bass, and Piano,<br />Computers-Software Hardware and Programming,<br />Martial Arts<br />and /b/ =]
I've been a huge fan of FF for years now honestly saying along with NiGHTS, FFVIII had changed my life pretty much xD I love 8 not only for the story and the uh....gunblade >_>...^.^ but i used to play alot of games with my cousin at that time making it some of the happiest moments i've had xD

Empa

Empa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Robots, Megaman, Rocky Horror, Shadowcasts, Costumes/Costuming, Art, Cartoons, Pokemon, Videogames, Music, ect.
I really loved most of the Final Fantasy games up until about 10. Never finished 10, but it wasn't really catching my interest too much.
8 was kind of poor too.

But Most of the rest I totally dig. Expecially FF6, which I'm playing through again on my GBA. :3
FF6 and FFTactics Advance are my faves.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Final Fantasy 7 is probably one of the greatest RPG's i've ever seen. It just worked so well. I'm not usually into RPG's alot because i don't like the stereotypical "here's a wooden house. here's a goblin. here's a pirate ship. here's a knight in shining armour". The medieval style that gets portrayed in FF games alot bores me and the character designs all wear lovely shades of brown, white and black and they all begin to look too similar. Final Fantasy 7 really set a great mood. Modern/futuristic setting, colourful world with colourful characters, great combat system (sometimes the simple ones are the best, in my opinion).

I agree that they're milking the series a bit now but the quality of the stuff is still good. I wanna see a remake of the original game on a next Gen console too because the tech demo rocked the show and they pissed everyone off when they said they're not actually going to make it into a full game. They wouldn't need to change anything, just make it look nice and updated. It would be more of an eye-candy update rather than rework the mechanics since they could potentialy ruin it then.

Final Fantasy 7. Great stuff. A bit emo at times but they pulled it off and you grew to love the characters. Advent Children, a liiiittle too emo for my liking but it looked sexy XD

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
I'm kinda restraining myself from making a full post in this thread due to the things i might say could piss some people off.

O.o

Okies, FF1 was the very first game i ever played so the series has a really deep place in my heart. I personally think that 7 is very overrated, 8 and 9 easily surpassed it, but most people just stick with "omg ff7 rox betta than any otha ff!" (and i'm literally quoting this from a certain forum) and never fully experience the greatness of the others. 12 was magnificent, but still most reviewers just compare it with freaking 7!

OKAY WE GET THAT ITS GOOD, THEY GET BETTER.

Now......Tactics Advance has to be one of the finest FF games to date, the story is unforgettable. Yet it is also the most underrated game in the series.

WHY.

No offense intended to you guys, but i'm really sick of this crap. Cloud is such an emo bitch, Penelo has more ball's than him. Basically, i like Final Fantasy a lot and am crazily awaiting 13 X3

And oh, here's mah Website xD

*has no shame*

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Final Fantasy 7 is probably one of the greatest RPG's i've ever seen. It just worked so well. I'm not usually into RPG's alot because i don't like the stereotypical "here's a wooden house. here's a goblin. here's a pirate ship. here's a knight in shining armour". The medieval style that gets portrayed in FF games alot bores me and the character designs all wear lovely shades of brown, white and black and they all begin to look too similar. Final Fantasy 7 really set a great mood. Modern/futuristic setting, colourful world with colourful characters, great combat system (sometimes the simple ones are the best, in my opinion).

I agree that they're milking the series a bit now but the quality of the stuff is still good. I wanna see a remake of the original game on a next Gen console too because the tech demo rocked the show and they pissed everyone off when they said they're not actually going to make it into a full game. They wouldn't need to change anything, just make it look nice and updated. It would be more of an eye-candy update rather than rework the mechanics since they could potentialy ruin it then.

Final Fantasy 7. Great stuff. A bit emo at times but they pulled it off and you grew to love the characters. Advent Children, a liiiittle too emo for my liking but it looked sexy XD

Thats kinda funny Digi. Your view is completly opposite of mine. I find the older Medieval games to be very colorful (Which it wouldn't be in a real Medieval setting but oh well.) and lots of variaty. I love the Medival stuff more than the futuristic. The Futuristic stuff seems gray and plain to me and everyone looks the same. I guess depending on what you prefer depends on how you view things. (I will admit though that a lot of the character designs seemd a bit plain to me in FF12 for some reason...) I did not find 7 colorful at all. It was ok, but it...it just got boring after awhile. That or I got frustred with trying to do some sidequest crap and then just said 'Screw it. I have better things to do with my life.' (note I do think the game was fun but it wasn't terrific to me.)

I am not sure they can remake the game series. They can make more games and Movies to FF7 but I don't think they can remake the game. At the time the game was made, they were Squaresoft. Now I know you may not think a name change is a big deal but it kinda is. They changed their name because the company itself changed. Maybe there are some rights from then that is holding them back from making a remake of 7. I do not know though. I don't know a whole lot about the legal issues and contracts. I am just guessing.

The movie annoyed me. I thought the game was a bit emo at times but the movie..dear god! I hated it. I did like certain fight scenes but then after awhile I got bord because it seemed like they were trying too hard. I almost fell asleep during the Sepheroth battle. It just seemed like they wanted to put all the characters into one massively detailed setting. Which may have looked kinda cool but still....bad story and good graphics don't make a great movie in my opinion.

Maybe another big reason I hate the game is because the only characters I like are Cait Sith and Yuffie. Two characters who are not that big of a deal to the game. Yes Vincint LOOKS cool, but I don't like him. I kinda like Aeries but she died....the only thought running through my mind at the time was "HO sh!t! I just bought a bunch of stuff and equipped it to you too. I didn't know you died at THIS point. Crap!"

Now Leonhart I agree with you on many parts. And Final Fantasy Tactics and Advanced were both great games!
LOL Penelo. She is my fav character in FF12. I was so happy that my special guide book game with her on the cover. The people in the shop were surprised that I was happy and wondered why I didn't want Fran or something.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
The only way you could enjoy FF7 advent children is if you played ff7 and beat it. but ya still need to get passed the emo look and bad story.

Medieval games are very common theme in most rpgs. So is take turns combat which is why I love .hack//G.U. amazing story, amazing voice overs, and a different combat system. It looks medieval when fighting but it takes place in a game so it also has some future/modern themes. I reccomend checking it out I'll link a trailer on request... *cough*

anyhoo FF...

Now Leonhart I agree with you on many parts. And Final Fantasy Tactics and Advanced were both great games!
LOL Penelo. She is my fav character in FF12. I was so happy that my special guide book game with her on the cover. The people in the shop were surprised that I was happy and wondered why I didn't want Fran or something.

Frankly I would find it odd if you were happy about a half naked bunny on your cover. if you were a guy I'd understand :P FF tactics haven't played that since the ps1 but I got the psp version so its all good :)

They changed their name because the company itself changed.

I know what ya mean, when I started up FF X-2, I got TICKED seeing all the half naked girls and loosing all sense of FF (Now I'm not gay) but they turned my FF into a playboy showboat!!!!
Square made FF7 and FF9 Enix made Star ocean the second story, great games but it's like tryin ta mix pizza and rootbeer before cooking. In the end it just ruins what was good. (mmmm pizza....)

trueBLUE

trueBLUE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
I love both FFVI and VII to bits. They are both different games, and yes, they are both over-rated because everyone compares them to other Final Fantasy games which THEY SHOULDN'T, but they worked.

I am replying FFVII from the beginning, and while the game looks old, I still love the setting of the entire thing. Midgar is still my ultimate favorite cyberpunk city, and the Turks just plain rock. And yes, things did get a bit emo and confusing in some parts, but Aerith's (Aeris) flashback scene after she is captured made me cry. The music was perfect, it was so touching hearing about how her adoptive mother soon figured out her husband died and how Aerith told her about it the day before.

I won't forgive the shoddy translation though. Barret should not be his own stereotype. >/

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

The only way you could enjoy FF7 advent children is if you played ff7 and beat it. but ya still need to get passed the emo look and bad story.

Medieval games are very common theme in most rpgs. So is take turns combat which is why I love .hack//G.U. amazing story, amazing voice overs, and a different combat system. It looks medieval when fighting but it takes place in a game so it also has some future/modern themes. I reccomend checking it out I'll link a trailer on request... *cough*

anyhoo FF...

Frankly I would find it odd if you were happy about a half naked bunny on your cover. if you were a guy I'd understand :P FF tactics haven't played that since the ps1 but I got the psp version so its all good :)

I know what ya mean, when I started up FF X-2, I got TICKED seeing all the half naked girls and loosing all sense of FF (Now I'm not gay) but they turned my FF into a playboy showboat!!!!
Square made FF7 and FF9 Enix made Star ocean the second story, great games but it's like tryin ta mix pizza and rootbeer before cooking. In the end it just ruins what was good. (mmmm pizza....)

That is true. I was able to understand quite a bit though by having others fill in bits and pieces. I had played up to a point in Disc too before I put it down and have not played it sense. I refused to move on till I could do everything I could with the Chocobo's and got Cloud's final limit break or whatever they call it in that game. However I accomplished little of neither and threw the game against the wall after wasting oh so many hours, shoved it back in its case, and I have yet to open it since. When I play RPG's I tend to take things a bit too seriously and try to get evetything I can possibly get at one point in the game....which really can suck to fun out of things at times. @.@

Yeah Medieval is overused so you have to do something different from time to time or make the medieval a bit different. Yes I know dot hack and I have one and two here. (I have yet to beat one though.) I find it to be a very fun game. Some futuristic is ok, but it just depends. Also the Dot hack I have is the first series, not the GU one. (I have been too busy to play it and the fact I haven't touched the game in a long while may say something about how gripping its story is. Or me jsut being able to give up on things easily once I rid of it for at least two days. Otherwise I put everything aside just to see the ending of a game.) Oh wait now I remember why I am not playing it. I have Brawl and now finals are coming up. :)

That is ture too. I hate playing as Fran since I do not want to see a half naked ass right in front of me while I kill monsters...

FFX-2....oh boy was that an exprience...........at least the other FF titles were not that bad. That one just...ugh. I find the battle system pretty fun but the whole side quest is the game crap and several of the cheezy storyline or events just ruined it for me.

I want pizza now...

I didn't know people compared FFVI so much to the other FF titles? Hmm. But yeah trueblue, that not good to do either. But its done with many game titles, not jsut FF. Its something we have to get used to...

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

FFX-2....oh boy was that an exprience...........at least the other FF titles were not that bad. That one just...ugh. I find the battle system pretty fun but the whole side quest is the game crap and several of the cheezy storyline or events just ruined it for me.

Yeah it was pretty crap, the only bit i liked is Tidus and Yuna getting back together <3 Oh, and Rikku's Hotpants ._.

Vegnagun SUCKED.

I want pizza now...

Me too...

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
I've heard from a semi-reliable source that there MIGHT be a FF7 remake on DS. It sounds quite unlikely to me, but the guy works at a game store and says he was able to talk with some Nintendo of America guy.

Anyways, 5 is my favourite, then either 2 or 9. After that is 1, simply because it's so fun to play even though it lacks a good story. Then there's 4 and 6, which in my opinion are actually less fun to play. And then there's 7 and 8, I didn't really like either of them and no, FF7 did not have an awesome storyline. That's all I've played of the main series.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
G.U. is much better then the first series in every way (plus ya don't need ta play the first to understand it) not sure, then again, it can still be abit repetitive (just not as much) I didn't liek the first series due to the combat system. G.U. fixed that though... cripe changing the subject again...
*cough cough*

I've heard from a semi-reliable source that there MIGHT be a FF7 remake on DS. It sounds quite unlikely to me, but the guy works at a game store and says he was able to talk with some Nintendo of America guy.

Nah ah, no way, PS3, PSP or nothing, putting it on the DS just seems like a waste (I'm not saying the DS is bad in fact its very good, it's just that touch screen seems pointless)

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Nah ah, no way, PS3, PSP or nothing, putting it on the DS just seems like a waste (I'm not saying the DS is bad in fact its very good, it's just that touch screen seems pointless)

It would seem pretty pointless. Especially when you've got almost every FF fan begging for a remake on the PS3. Plus they showed that tech demo which was the biggest tease I've ever experienced.

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

It would seem pretty pointless. Especially when you've got almost every FF fan begging for a remake on the PS3. Plus they showed that tech demo which was the biggest tease I've ever experienced.

Considering how popular the DS is, it seems more logical to be on the DS than the PSP and Square-Enix has already said that they will not be making it for PS3. The tech demo was just that, a tech demo, most likely for FF13.

SQUiD

SQUiD

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
I'm a bad girl and didn't read over most of the posts in here, but I can safely say that my favourite FF game is IX. It blew every other Final Fantasy out of the water for me. 6 Comes in a second, then all of the others are just normal RPGs for me.
I... I started with VII, but it would be my least favourite. The best thing about it being Nanaki (Red XIII), as I was hard pressed to find any fun in the system or sympathise with the characters. I had the same problem with X, so that makes the two favourite of the games my least favourites.

Oh, I believe I offered this on the old forums and never got around to it. Does anyone want FFIX artbook scans?

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

I'm a bad girl and didn't read over most of the posts in here, but I can safely say that my favourite FF game is IX. It blew every other Final Fantasy out of the water for me. 6 Comes in a second, then all of the others are just normal RPGs for me.
I... I started with VII, but it would be my least favourite. The best thing about it being Nanaki (Red XIII), as I was hard pressed to find any fun in the system or sympathise with the characters. I had the same problem with X, so that makes the two favourite of the games my least favourites.

Oh, I believe I offered this on the old forums and never got around to it. Does anyone want FFIX artbook scans?

YES! Want over here!

I am happy to see that there are more FFIX fans than I thought.

Anyway, Mitsuu, was 5 the one where you get 4 characters but you can make them be any class you want? If so, I did like that game too due to its battle system. Story line was pretty good too but I am not done with it yet. Also, was that the game where a bunch of dancers jump on you and twril around while the screen flashes pink? Or was that 2? Hmmm I can't remember. Its been a long while since I have played either. Which one was 4? Cripes! I need to play some of the old ones. I have never played the first one.

I like the battle system in the normal dot hack........

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Anyway, Mitsuu, was 5 the one where you get 4 characters but you can make them be any class you want? If so, I did like that game too due to its battle system. Story line was pretty good too but I am not done with it yet. Also, was that the game where a bunch of dancers jump on you and twril around while the screen flashes pink? Or was that 2? Hmmm I can't remember. Its been a long while since I have played either. Which one was 4? Cripes! I need to play some of the old ones. I have never played the first one.

Yup, that would be 5.

2 was the one with the four kids, three of which join the rebellion against the empire and the third becomes a dark knight for the empire.

4 was the one with Cecil, the dark knight who is also one of the series most popular characters. Late in the game he changes to a paladin.

1 must be played if you're a fan of the series.

Edit- scans of that art book would be much loved!!

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
Scans sound nice! I would like... your not charging are you? lol (I'm such a cheap bum)

What sort of power does this site have that draws in all these practically unheard of FF IX fans?
(that was a dumb question)
nightsintodreams.com is all powerful!!!! *bows*

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.

I like the series a lot too, but I am more of a fan of FFVI and FFIX. I like most of the older games and FFIX was meant to be more like them. I think things have been going kinda downhill around 7 for me. That and i can't really buy much more since I refuse to buy a PS3. Too expensive. I will just have to play the other FF games on other systems.

I totally agree. 6 was imo the pinnacle of final fantasy. Beautiful story and character development, amazing fantasy world, and villain who WON! Seriously, how many other FF villians destroyed the world and became a god for more than a year. FFIX was BEAUTIFUL, i loved the scenerey. The story kept true to the final fantasy epic tale.

7 and 8, well, they were well done, but not 'Fantasy' material. The angst hero is so cliche i want to slap cloud and squall sometimes to stop their crying. Sephiroth, though hes dead sexy, also the cliche long white haired tortured villain. Any FF post FF9, well, i wont even start with how they just keep falling from their roots.

CC was good, it was a different way of play but it still felt like a FF game.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Scans sound nice! I would like... your not charging are you? lol (I'm such a cheap bum)

What sort of power does this site have that draws in all these practically unheard of FF IX fans?
(that was a dumb question)
nightsintodreams.com is all powerful!!!! *bows*

I think its more of the power of NiGHTS itself and the dot com is just a place we all gather too.(This is the largest NiGHTS fanbased website so any NiGHTS fan has to migrate here at one point or another. Whether they stay is another story.) But yes, its a combination of both that bring in the strangest folks. :blink:

And yes Moonlight, CC is pretty good too. I am even playing the DS game right now. At first I thought it would be silly but it is very fun actually. Course the first game REALLY needed multiplayer or else you were in for a world of hurt. Its not quite the same FF but its still a pretty fun FF title none the less. *Continues to edit her Meta Knight Moogle on the DS*

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.

I think its more of the power of NiGHTS itself and the dot com is just a place we all gather too.(This is the largest NiGHTS fanbased website so any NiGHTS fan has to migrate here at one point or another. Whether they stay is another story.) But yes, its a combination of both that bring in the strangest folks. :angry:

And yes Moonlight, CC is pretty good too. I am even playing the DS game right now. At first I thought it would be silly but it is very fun actually. Course the first game REALLY needed multiplayer or else you were in for a world of hurt. Its not quite the same FF but its still a pretty fun FF title none the less. *Continues to edit her Meta Knight Moogle on the DS*

I got through CC on GCN ok, once i figured out "HOLY CRAP! THERE'S A PROGRESSIVE PLOY LINE SOMEWHERE!?!?!?" After like 30 years or so of wandering....

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
I heard they're making a wii FFCC but from recent reports I've heard it's more of a singleplayer game, which is a shame since, Imo, the multiplayer is the heart of FFCC.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

I heard they're making a wii FFCC but from recent reports I've heard it's more of a singleplayer game, which is a shame since, Imo, the multiplayer is the heart of FFCC.

Time to use mah mad FF POWAS

*put's on funny hat*

Multiplayer Mode will still be prominent in The Crystal Bearers, but i think there trying to expand more on the Single Player experience, since Crystal Chronicles 1p was a bit dull and at times. CC is like my 3 favorite FF game, and i've got my Wii Points ready to download My Life as a King when it comes out on Wii Ware ^^

Buuuuuut i still can't wait till TCB comes out (030)

It looks smexy <3

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
My Life as a King is Wii ware? I did not know that. Anyway, that was the one that would focus more on single player. TCB will be a bit of both like you said however there is still no release date nor a whole lot of info on this game in a long time. So I just got the DS game for the time being. It also focus on both single and multiplayer. (There is Multiplayer and Story mode. Maybe the other game will be similar to that. )

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
I was ticked when I found out what My Life as a King was (basically a final fantasy sim city for those of you who don't know) and in TCB I just hope the greater focus on single player doesn't negatively effect the multiplayer exp.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
Again, maybe the emphisis on single player means You can actually do sh!t on your own now IF you want to. If You want others than things will be set up differently so that you can enjoy a multiplayer mode. If I remember correctly, you could hardly do ANYTHING by yourself in the first game. Maybe if you have other players then the game will be harder and if its just you then it will make the bosses a bit easier so that its possible for someone on their own to do it. Maybe it will keep Single and multiplayer totally seprate just llike on the DS.

I don't know but don't get upset guys. I am sure they are going to have some good multiplayer mode. They just want the game to actually be playable by oneself when need be.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
No you could do plenty in the single player I got to the last boss but quickly realized I needed to be stronger so I stopped... Square enix always tell you a games gonna be made then we end up waiting for years... how long was the wait for kh2 again?

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
I'm excited for the new Wiiware FFCC game. It seems interesting, albeit off of final fantasy style.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users