Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wearable Art

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Tai

Tai

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:I love anime and games! I collect manga more than I do anime 'cause it's cheaper, though, and cosplay from time to time. Hopefully I'll have a decent Jackle costume done in time for Nan Desu Kan this year XD. I also like yaoi, DDR, um...pandas...and yaoi. I don't like mainstream anime much though; most of it isn't very good anyway....
I just got a chance to finish up my beloved anime pants this easter weekend; my aunt was nice enough to get me some shiny new Sharpies.

My anime pants are a ragged old pair of jeans I've had since god-knows-when, old enough that my mum didn't bitch (too much) when I decided to take my Sharpies to 'em. I've doodled crap all over the place, ripped them apart, laced them up, attached safety pins, had people sign the back pockets, and generally turned them into a piece of wearable art (or crap, if you prefer). Some of my friends have also drawn on their jeans; I'll put up pictures later.

If anyone here in the forums has wearable art, put pictures up here!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't remember who originally drew this comic, but it wasn't me. I traced it from my computer screen onto a piece of paper, then taped the paper to the pants. From there I poked holes through the paper with a pencil to leave a connect-the-dots pattern and filled it in with Sharpie. It remained uncolored for about a year; no one understood it unless I explained. Now people get it since they can see Axel's red hair in both panels.

Posted Image

I'd been wanting to do something NiGHTSy on my pants for a long time but wasn't able to due to lack of Sharpies. At first I was going to do the traditional NiGHTS atop the TwinSeeds tower pic, but it proved too complex. Sa-chan's NiGHTS into WTF picture was nice and flat and kawaii, so I wound up doing it instead. Hope she doesn't mind...^^;;;. These were done in the same manner as the AkuRoku comic, except I connected the dots in pencil first and filled in all the little details myself. I had to draw their old outfits due to lack of fine-point on the Sharpies, and used several different references, so there're prolly errors on the colors etc.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling

Kichigai's NiGHTS into WTF picture

*baps you with a fan* That'd be Sa-Chans artwork XD;

Those pants are something awesome! Nice work... i used to draw all over my shoes when i was at school lol.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Cool, yeah I've started drawing on some shirts for myself too..
I don't know how well Sharpies hold up in the wash.. so I've been using fabric markers and Liquitex paint.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Something i done one time was used fabric crayons to draw Chaotix on the back of a denim jacket i had... but it faded so i used the crayon as a template to embroider it with thick thread... then it was INVINCIBLE mawhaw!

Tai

Tai

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:I love anime and games! I collect manga more than I do anime 'cause it's cheaper, though, and cosplay from time to time. Hopefully I'll have a decent Jackle costume done in time for Nan Desu Kan this year XD. I also like yaoi, DDR, um...pandas...and yaoi. I don't like mainstream anime much though; most of it isn't very good anyway....

*baps you with a fan* That'd be Sa-Chans artwork XD;

Those pants are something awesome! Nice work... i used to draw all over my shoes when i was at school lol.

o.o oops. *fixes post* ^^; i could've sworn it was Kichigai's. thanks for correcting me. I used to draw on my shoes too, but now they're all black; not so good for doodling.

Sharpies run all over the place in the wash, something I learned when I tried to wash my "FREE HUGS" shirt ;o;. I hand wash in cold water and the colors hold very nicely. I want to get some fabric markers in the future, but for now I use these. Some of my friends sew their designs on after drawing them, too X3.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~

Sharpies run all over the place in the wash, something I learned when I tried to wash my "FREE HUGS" shirt

Oh God not you too! Every male in my school has a large cardboard sign says FREE HUGS HERE on it. Every. Single. One. My school has five thousand-- five THOUSAND-- THOUSAND!!! students. Do you KNOW how many of them are male? A lot of them, Tai. A lot of them.

>.>....

Nice pants BTW.

FIVE THOUSAND!

Tai

Tai

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Oh God not you too! Every male in my school has a large cardboard sign says FREE HUGS HERE on it. Every. Single. One. My school has five thousand-- five THOUSAND-- THOUSAND!!! students. Do you KNOW how many of them are male? A lot of them, Tai. A lot of them.

>.>....

Nice pants BTW.

FIVE THOUSAND!

lmao. I think the boys at your school mean it differently than I do. I'm promoting the Free Hugs Campaign started by Juan Mann. It's to spread kindness in the world. I miss that shirt....

I feel bad for you for attending a school of 5000...my humble highschool only has like 600 kids in it...and I used to think that was a lot ._.

Tai

Tai

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
I found my USB cord ^o^. Here're some of my friends' pants of loveliness.

Posted Image

Aubrey's. I drew pacman and some ghosts, but you can't see them in the photo. Apparently she washes these and lets the images fade, then adds more or retraces things.

Posted Image

Mary's. The image is upside down, lol. She has some more stuff on the other leg; will add that next time she wears them.

Posted Image

MaryAnne's a big fan of Jrock (Dir en Grey in particular), so she's got her favorite artists written all over X3. I think most of the names are from the aforementioned Dir en Grey, but I'm not sure.

Posted Image

The pants that (sorta) started it. Krystle's my best friend, and when I saw these on her DevArt I instantly wanted some of my own. IDK when she did them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users