Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS: the Abridged Series

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

trueBLUE

trueBLUE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
I swear that I might get smacked for coming up with this idea...

Anyway, the idea for an abridged series for Nights came up after re-watching alot of the JoD cutscenes out of complete boredom. Thinking some things over, an Abridged series can be done, but can it be done well? After all, we have seen the standard set by Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged and the countless other clones people have to spoof countless other anime and cartoons.

Keep in mind though that, while I DO favor Naruto Abridged (and Sonic and TMNT Bastardized on Youtube), I think alot of other "abridged" shows seem very half-arsed. For something like JoD to be abridged, there need to be jokes that are FUNNY, in other words, not a ton of internet jokes being cracked every twenty seconds.

Would I do something like this? If I could voice-act, rip the clips and do all the fancy computer junk, I would. All I can do is write. The Reala and Wizeman scenes are my favorite of the game, they are just ripe for the picking.

So peoples, is it an interesting idea? Or am I just some random insane person with silly fanboy dreams? Feedback is welcome!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I'm up for voice acting as i imagine DiGi would be too

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
Wait, "abridged"? What does that mean? Is it like a redub?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Wait, "abridged"? What does that mean? Is it like a redub?

Check YouTube for examples, such as the hilarious 'Yu-Gi-Oh! abridged'. Pretty much culling together video and rewriting dialogue, re-dubbing voices.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
"Why not just tear up every card in the whole world?"
"Shut up and duel me."

XDDDD Oh geeze, I wish I could get in on this, but 1) I'm too shy and 2) I haven't played the game yet, so participating would certainly give me spoilers. ^^;;;; I fully support this, though (not that my support's worth diddly squat).

trueBLUE

trueBLUE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
Here's a small example of what I can do with a Reala and Wizeman cutscene.
---
Reala: Master, I failed you.
Wizeman: Reala, this is a game made for seven year olds. Of course you’re going to lose.
Reala: What the point of this cutscene?
Wizeman: To make me look badass compared to you… why do you have pink nail polish?
Reala: Pink makes me look sexy.
Wizeman: Reala, you look more gay then you did in the last game.
Reala: At least I have fan girls!
Wizeman: That’s because they like putting you in Yaoi pairings.
Reala: You don’t know my fanbase!

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
I'll lend my voice talent for anything of the sort. I back this idea 100%. :D

I've also been wondering if anyone's seen Metal Gear Awesome and the countless other "Awesome" parodies by egoraptor; Awesome into Dreams would be so...awesome.

EDIT: XD trueBLUE. Very nice.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

I'll lend my voice talent for anything of the sort. I back this idea 100%. :D

I've also been wondering if anyone's seen Metal Gear Awesome and the countless other "Awesome" parodies by egoraptor; Awesome into Dreams would be so...awesome.

EDIT: XD trueBLUE. Very nice.

Or rather, NiGHTS into Awesome, and its sequel, NiGHTS: Journey of Awesome

I'd do it if I didn't have...previously standing commitments.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Oh man, that's a good title! NiGHTS: Journey of Awesome.. use this, SEGA... for NiGHTS 3 we shoudl have something like that.

NiGHTS's Magical Mystery Tour..

trueBLUE

trueBLUE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
The reason Egoraptor stopped doing his Awesome series was because of all the flash movies that were copying his. Some were goods, others...were not. Metal Gear Awesome 2 was the end of the Awesome series.

HOWEVER! I will help write an abrdiged series and offer my support in any way. I just...have other things *SCHOOL* =(.

And here's a small example of what I can get from 3:50 of this youtube video...

---
Random Voice Over:
Here we see two woman, who are strangely violinists. Can you imagine something more boring then this.
“SHUT UP FRED!”
Our story begins here! As you can see, Helen is such a fat bi-
“I SAID SHUT UP FRED!”
Aw…

(Scene with Helen’s friends)
“Wow, walking down a random street and talking about random crap is so much fun!”
Helen: And there’s ice cream!
“Yes, the ice cream rules all!”
RVO: Stop right there!
Helen: Oh my god, is that violin talking to me?
RVO: Yes, I am a possessed violin. I will swallow your soul. And here’s a scary image of your mother.
Ghost Mom: RAPE!!
Ghost Friends: LOLICON!!
Helen: OHCRAP OHCRAP OHCRAP OHCRAP OHCRAP OHCRAP!!! The light, take me away! Eat my dust suckers!
Ghost: Damn you well placed light!

{Helen walks through the main gate}
Helen: God, this place is dump.
Owl: Hey! Listen! Welcome to Nightopia, my name is Owl, and I will be your guide.
Helen: Screw off, I don’t need a guide.
Owl: I must stay, because without me, this game won’t be as long. There needs to be a plot in this game, after all, do you know what Nightopia is? Of course not, you’re a main character and without me, you’re nothing. Oh, my name is Owl, nice to meet you.
*Nights flies by* Nights: INTERUPTTION!!
Owl: No! You won’t take away my speaking parts!
RVO: BLACK SCREEN!
Owl: In case you haven’t figure it out, this…is Nights.
Nights: And in case you haven’t figured it out, Owl is the 21st century Navi. Sadly, he doesn’t give important hints since this game doesn’t have Z targeting.
Owl: You’re just angry because you know this game isn’t as good as Ocarina of Time—
Helen: Owl, shut up!

And, WIZEMOM!!
*power goes out in Nightmare*
Wizeman: That...isn't good.
Wizemom: Sweetie, did you leave the Saturn running again?
Wizeman: Mom, shut up!
Wizemom: You know it racks up the power bill!
Wizeman: I don't care!
Wizemom: Sweetie, your anger makes me hot for some reason!
Wizeman: I...am not going to say anything to that...

Nymph

Nymph

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:I'm a fanfic writer and an AMV maker. I like videogames, writing and just hanging out with friends.
Oh this sounds so much fun! I've wanted to see/do an abridged series for NiGHTS for a while. If you need help I can do voices and video stuff (though I'm still learning so don't expect anything like what MasakoX can do). I can also lend a hand at writing if needed.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I would love to participate in this. Sure, abridged stuff is overdone and a NiGHTS version would be very short but it still sounds like a lot of fun. I have the Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged series saved on my computer so I'm well acquainted with the concept. I would eagerly offer my voice to do any characters if you guys deem it fit. I could also do some writing.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
This almost makes me wish the Archie comics had been animated instead... Anyway, another one who offers her voice.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Reala (holding will in chokehold): GIVE ME THE MONEY OR the KID GETS IT!

NiGHTS: NEVA FOOL, YOU AINT GONNA GET NO CASH

Reala: fine, have it your way, while I lock you up.

NiGHTS: DA HELL U WONT!!

RVO: nights gets dragged away by two peacock-fag-birds to a cage unmercifully, despite the fact that nights could have broken away any minute and saved will, and that Will is in a dream and cannot be hurt by a red and black clown with pink nail polish.

Wonderful Idea.

trueBLUE

trueBLUE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
Alright people, listen up!

Thinking a couple of things over and over (and over...) before ideas get tossed around a little experiment should be conducted. I have to write a script for it first (<-lazy ass) but I might make a voice over script which spoofs the events that happened in the NiGHTS Archie comics (Fat Ugly Teacher, Violent 'Pians whacking Elliot on the head XD) and so on.

Don't know when the thing will get done though... =(

Tashayarna

Tashayarna

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:plushies, NiGHTS, Pullips, Fashion, J-rock, the japanese, kawwaii lol
oh PLEASE do this :o I would buy you many candies if you did!!! :o

Pyrii

Pyrii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I thought the point of the abridged series was that it was done by one guy, mostly.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
hmm, voice acting? spoofs? sounds like my type a deal. I'm just worried about my "lines" I tend to have some pretty dry jokes. However I have had compliments about my voice acting :o I can do the voice of Black Doom from sShadow the hHedgehog to an extent that makes my friends whip around in horror whenever they hear that voice, and a Mario voice that is so simaler its scary O.o
I don't know how Mario or Black Doom imitations will help thou... :/

trueBLUE

trueBLUE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

I thought the point of the abridged series was that it was done by one guy, mostly.

Please watch TMNT or Sonic Bastardized. While that is what most people think, not one person alone can do something like that. YuGiOh Abridged seems to be an exception to the rule though.

@ Saifer Dracondrail: Hmm... If it is deep enough, maybe you could make a good Wizeman?

And speaking of Wizeman...
====

Wizeman: Well...I'm out of ideas, got any?
Reala: Master, even though Bomamba's board had no physics what-so-ever, the game is still beatable.
Wizeman: Damn, you're right. You know what I would like right now? Some type of Sonic Adventure glitch. Yeah, something to piss off the player.
Reala: But then they would stop playing.
Wizeman: Oh, yeah, but it's not like people are buying our game. They are more worried about playing Super Mario Galaxy. Speaking of which, how do you beat the Purple Coin challenge on Toy Time Galaxy?
Reala: I don't know, I never played the game. And why are you playing a game that is beating us in sales?
Wizeman: Uh... *thinking* Crap, my secret was found out... Shut the **** up and get Nights. He still owes me five bucks.
Reala: Fine fine, anything you wish.
Wizeman: And for the love of god, get rid of that pink nail polish.
Reala: Shut up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users