Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS - REQUiEM of Dreams

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
SYNOPSiS: TWiN DREAMERS

In the suburban town of Sableton live two teenagers...

Aspen Green has lived a relatively happy, albeit lonely, life in the area for years. Why lonely, you ask? Poor Aspen has been dealing with the merciless bullying of his peers for as long as he can remember. Now a practical social outcast from the teens of Sableton, he has resigned himself to this fate, believing he's doomed to be a freak recluse for the rest of his days. And no matter how bad things get, he refuses to fight back. Not only is he certain he'll never fit in- but he's sure taking any action against his tormentors would only make things worse.
When it comes down to his very survival in a dream world plagued by nightmares, however, will he be able to take a stand?

Lydia Spectrum, on the other hand, willingly distanced herself from the world around her. She spent her life submerged in a world of her own: a world of art, one that she can craft and create with her own two hands. Sketching, painting, and coloring, all she knew was a brilliant dream of paradise. Sadly, things eventually went awry. Entering an art contest at the Sableton community center and coming out without so much as the bronze medal, her utopia was shattered. She trudged home, having all but given up on her hopes of life as an artist.
She believes her dream has died...Can she stop the nightmares that will try to take its place?

Now the duo are lost in an otherworldly realm of magic and terror...And perhaps, with the help of each other and the power of their dreams, they can survive...

---

BiOS:

Both canon and original characters will be accepted for this RP. After all, what's a NiGHTS RP without a NiGHTS or a Wizeman? Of course, variety is the spice of life. ;D

Name: (Kinda obvious. >.> )
Species: (Human, Nightmaren, Nightopian, etc. ...)
Appearance: (Picture or description.)
Strengths: (Skills and powers. What are they capable of? No over-powering, plx.)
Weaknesses: (Everyone has them. What's their Kryptonite?)
Likes: (Do we have a nature-lover? An artist? A rock n' roll enthusiast?)
Dislikes: (What grinds their gears?)
Story: (Their background. Always helps to add depth to a character.)
Other: (Optional mustard on the sandwich of their character. *shot for bad Mario villain reference*)

---

LiST of APPROVED CHARACTERS:

The characters approved for the RP. If you BiO has a few flaws (left a section blank, overpowered, etc.), you can just fix it up, and then you're in. 8D

- Aspen Green
- Lydia Spectrum
- Nyclone
- Frostbite
- Liferien
- TORiAS

---

GUiDELiNES:

1. No godmodding, please.
2. We're trying to keep this in the Dream area. Therefore, all rules of the Dream-RP limits apply. No foul language, blood, extensive romance, etc. However, while I might not be fully sure on the idea of it becoming a Nightmare-RP, I'll accept it if it does end up happening. :3
3. Before you join the RP, you'll have to create your BiO and have it approved. No posting otherwise, please.
4. This is a novel-style, not a chat-style RP. That means third person, past tense.
5. Have fun~! x3

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
---

MSDEViN's CHARACTERS:

Name: Aspen Green.
Species: Human.
Appearance: A tanned boy of average height, good muscle tone. Has shoulder-ish-length black hair, green eyes, and freckles. Wears glasses, a tie-dyed green-and-white T-shirt with a paw print on it, brown jeans, and white-and-brown sneakers. Carries around a beaten brown backpack.
Strengths: Good endurance, and healthily strong from a life of things like hiking and swimming. Also pretty sharp; knows how to think on his feet, use his common sense, and keep his mind on what's happening around him.
Weaknesses: Tries to avoid fighting, but isn't very fast. Also loses his cool and reasoning abilities when he's shocked or in a very bad situation. Also, while he has done a lot of exercise in his life, he's only a little above average in the strength department.
Likes: Animals, nature, alternative rock music, hiking and swimming.
Dislikes: His abusive peer group, status quos, trends, being bullied.
Story: (Since it was already detailed above, kinda short on it here, sorry. D: ) Aspen never really fit in with the crowd. He was a different thinker, and constantly bullied for it. It left its scar on him; he's effectively withdrawn from any type of mainstream teen life, becoming a sort of anti-socialite. After a troubling day, he falls asleep...And wakes up in a living nightmare- or is it a living dream?
Other: An aspen is a type of poplar tree. The surname 'green' is another obvious nature reference, although I also like to think that his Green Ideya is second in strength, next to his Red. He works at the Sableton Animal Shelter.

Name: Lydia Spectrum.
Species: Human.
Appearance: A pale, slightly tall, slim young girl. Has long black hair, usually worn in a braid, and dark blue eyes that could be mistaken for purple; has a small birthmark by her right eye. Wears a purple shirt layered over a black shirt, purple jeans, and black shoes; usually carries a black art case.
Strengths: Very fast - good at evading and fleeing. Is also fairly flexible from a few years of yoga. Is a good artist, and very book-smart.
Weaknesses: Not very strong, and is extremely bad in a fight. Not as enduring or high on stamina as Aspen. Can easily lose her spirit when things get grim.
Likes: Art, reading, expressive instrumental music, yoga, and cooking.
Dislikes: Loud noises, crowds, stifled creative vibes, having her work critiqued.
Story: (Since it was already covered in the SYNOPSiS, forgive me if it's a little short here. D: ) Lydia never really felt comfortable with crowds or most other people. So, she turned to her art. It was more than her hobby- it was her life. However, when she loses an art competition, she feels like her life has lost its meaning. Can she salvage her dream?
Other: Lydia's name is taken from the Lydians, who are said to have invented purple dye. 'Spectrum' is Latin for something along the lines of light, I'm pretty sure. She works at the Sableton Art Store.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
It may be hard to goddmod, 'cause my character is a god, sometimes... He has many forms, but I'll give his first!

Name: Nyclone
Species: Nightmaren
Appearance: Green Nightmaren with four Jesters. He has two cyborg arms, literal shoulder blades, a small necklace, carrying his sword. Two yellow bands on his feet, same color as his eyes. a tux, and at the bottom of it, a sapphire. Has a third eye, and a tail.
Strengths: Can control electricity, wind, and has many forms.
Weaknesses: His own power, personal loyalty.
Likes: Electricity, Jesters (which I will get in-depth about later), and anyone he befriends.
Dislikes: Wizeman, Most Nightmaren, and his friends' enemies.
Story: Was cloned from the genes of the first levels, and Donabalon. Was free for awhile, but was captured by Wizeman and given a curse that he could become anyone but himself. Was Wizzy's bounty hunter for 7 years, and waits to have his revenge.
Other: His forms are: Dopple, Diskue, Mecha-Nyclone, and Zeus.

Well, there ya go!

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Whats it about? How the dreamers conquer their fears?

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Whats it about? How the dreamers conquer their fears?

Pretty much. They also have to learn to believe in themselves. :3

Nyclone, accept'd. <3

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
AWWWSOME! *Plays Iron Man by Black Sabbath.*

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
...I hope my uber-long posts didn't scare anyone way. D:
Meh, I'm just impatient. *fidget*

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
All of us are...

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
AAAAGH, nobody seems to be online today, and it only makes the waiting worse. D:

We need maybe two or three more characters before we start. And we definitely need bad guys.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
Name: Frostbite; Frosty
Age: Varies between RP. Usually between 17 to 20-something.
Species: Nightmaren
Appearance: In avatar. A light blue, catlike Maren with light purple markings. Wears an eskimo-like suit, and sometimes wears a mask over the bottom half of his face for protection. Wait... *Bops head* Remembered a ref. (http://upload.wikime...derSoldiers.png) Similar to that.
Strengths: Complete control over ice, and is resourceful with it. Able to generate ice from the moisture in the air. Manipulative personality, able to turn enemies against eachother, or into temprary allies on occasion.
Weaknesses: Sarcastic. Makes enemies more easily than allies.
Likes: Torturing people who have no choice other than to stay with him to get what they want. Torture in general. Loves pushing people to the brink of kicking his a** before switching targets.
Dislikes: Reala, and Luna, his self-proclaimed girlfriend. (Luna will not be appearing in this RP, simply because I have a habit of making too many characters in the MIDDLE of an RP, and it gets out of hand.)
Story: (Short, Quick, 'Seems like a N00b for not adding a bunch of details' version.) At one point, Frosty had been one of the most powerful Level-Two Maren in Nightmare. Frosty and Reala where sent on a 'Capture NiGHTS' mission, and, obviously, they failed. Reala falsified his report to pin all of the fault on Frosty. Frosty's punishment was to train a Failed Experimental Nightmaren/Ideya Hybrid: Luna. This, through a series of events involving two more Ideya-Maren Hybrids, led to Frosty's Hate-and-Magical-Steroids-induced betrayal of Wizeman. Taking down several other Level-Twos, and countless Level-Threes, he blasted his way out. Luna, of course, tagged along for the ride. At the moment, he is wandering Nightopia aimlessly, causing whatever trouble he can for Wizeman.
Other: Frosty is originally a Sonic the Hedgehog FC, with a VERY different backstory. He still is, really, as I'm active in a Sonic-Based RP with him. However, I've found that his basic sarcastic, manipulative-at-times personality, which is really what makes Frosty Frosty, is pretty universal, with a nice enough backstory. Frosty is basically your 'Who's side is he really on?' 'Is he insane?!' 'What the...?' sort of person during some bits, but mostly 'Is he insane?!'.

I can't promise daily posts, simply because my RP posts take half an hour OR MORE to type, and at the moment I'm already in Two RPs. ('Staff of Selph' here, and 'Torn Reality' at a friend's forum.) I'm also not completely sure I'm going to join this at the moment, but I'm gonna keep an eye on this RP, see where it starts going, and if I like it, I'll already have the profile up here, so I can jump in.

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Frosty is accepted. <3

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
WOOHOO!!! Derej's in!

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Sweet. XD Right off the bat, I can see Frosty messing with the kids' minds.

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Totally. I imagine Aspen as having a forest dreamscape, and Frosty will probably start blasting it to bits with ice. xD;

Also, I say NiGHTS, Reala, and Wizeman should be all-player characters.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
XD I can see something like THIS happening:

Frosty: *Has Aspen in a sort of trance, dangling an ice shard in front of his face* Humans. So vulnerable to cheap tricks.
Nyclone: Frosty?!
Frosty: Hm? *Leans on Aspen, who is as stiff as a board* Oi. It's you. What's-his-face! *Snapping fingers* Ny-something-or-other, right? How's it going?
Nyclone: What are you doing, Frosty...?
Frosty: What's it look like? I'm waiting for Wizeman's crew to show up. The mouse always takes the cheese. It's only a question of 'when.'
Nyclone: Who's he?
Frosty: Dunno. I've been calling him 'Cheese.'

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Oh wow. xDDD
Of course, Aspen's probably going to be meeting Owl while he's in his forest dreamscape. Lydia, I always imagine the first to be meeting some of those cute iddle Nightopians. <3

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Oh, yay! Owl abuse. XD
In that case:
(Continuing from above)

*Owl's muffled complaints can be heard*
Nyclone: What's that sound?
Frosty: The Dream Guide.
Nyclone: Where's it coming from?
Frosty: ... Don't look up.
Nyclone: *Looks up to see Owl restrained, with a snowball shoved in his mouth* ... Oh.

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
lulz.

So...Because I'm impatient, maybe we could start...tomorrow? Or the day after that?

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
XD It's your RP. Do whatever you want.
My Dad has this new self-defense instructor thing going on at his job- (You never really think of cops as doing paperwork, do you? XD) -and he's been bringing it home, so I may be unable to post for a couple days on end, in the worst case scenario.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
It's creepy how you know what Nyclone's probably going to say...

I_Am

I_Am

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Name: Relm
Gender: Appears male, no actual gender and moves in a feminine manner
Age: Appears 15, actually much older, having been secluded in a slo-time pocket
Species: Human turned Nightmaren through a need for knowledge
Appearance: Small, but thin. Silver hair, but wears a black robe with a silver four-point star design at the neck.
Strengths: He uses a deck of silver cards that can change composition and expand/contract at will. He can levitate only the cards and himself.
Weaknesses: He was once a human, and though he works for Wizeman, it's just because he gave Relm so much knowledge. He will have conflict over humans and his identity. He is made to gather white Ideya.
Likes: All manner of knowledge, any new skills/powers he can gain.
Dislikes: Himself, and the freedom that others, even other Nightmarens, seem to achieve
Story: His name was Relis, and he was taken from his bed a long time ago, filled with the White Ideya of Purity. His thirst for knowledge led him into the darkness through Wizeman's promises. Now he's like an entirely different person, and the child inside him hates what he's become, but still he works for Wizeman.
Other: -

More later!

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Gah, sorry I haven't posted in a while. A lot of stuff came up, including problems with my computer. ;~;

I need some more time to start it- probably tomorrow, considering I have a three-day weekend.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Tommorow's good. I have a Blue Man Concert to go to, but it happens late enough that it doesn't tail-swipe my (Limited) online time.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
tommorow was two days ago...

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
ADSF. I. HATE. MY. COMPUTER.
;;

EDIT: 'TIS OPEN. REJOICE. 8D

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
WOOT! I already posted.

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
Name: He has forgotten his name, but is known as "the Black Wind" to those who know of him.
Gender: Didn't you read about his name already? He's a guy. XD
Age: This is also unknown. One would have to guess somewhere around 23.
Species: Human, although this is debatable. He's more intimidating than any Second-Level Nightmaren.
Appearance: He has long brown hair in a ponytail, blue eyes, and wears a pair of black sunglasses. The right lens of the sunglasses is gone. He wears a long black cape with a high collar that shields his mouth from view. The cape has a gold broach on the top front part of the cape, below his left shoulder, which has a + indentation on it, as if a sword slashed it in. There are three red triangle marks below his right eye, and a blue line across the bridge of his nose. He has a red handgun holstered on his left leg, which he wears black pants on. He wears a black vest under the cape, and a dark brown T-shirt under that. He carries what appears to be a golden barrel on his right arm, which covers his entire forearm. He wears brown combat boots as well. Finally, he wears a black belt on which he wears his Soil bullets. He often has a large collection, and they don't come out of the belt unless he pulls/pushes them out himself.
Strengths: He's a perfect marksman, and he can hear the cry of life energy, and can transform any life energy into Soil, which is used to power his Magun, the barrel on his right arm. Soil is a sand-like compound drawn from life energy. The drawback is that the life is taken completely. For this reason, the Black Wind only takes Soil from the freshly killed. Using a set combination of three different bullets made from Soil, he can fire his Magun to call forth Summoned Creatures of great power. The appearance of a Summoned Creature normally means the end of the battle, because of their immense power. However, studies have shown that even Summoned Creatures aren't strong enough to be called gods. Since they are made from Soil, they carry the wills of the fallen. Therein lies their weakness. Also, the Magun must first be "thawed" in order to be fired, and this can only be done when it "moves", or the light on its barrel is lit. The Magun will only move in response to the courage of someone pure of heart, and never its wielder. As such, the Black Wind must rely on others to power his Magun. It is this way because of a battle he fought long ago...
Weaknesses: As outlined above, the Black Wind is reliant on others who are pure of heart to move his Magun. Also, since he's lost most of his memory, he will see anything that gets in his way as an enemy. Finally, without his Summoned Creatures, it's extremely hard for him to win a battle, since only his handgun remains for a weapon.
Likes: It's unknown if he likes anything. He appears cold and distant, even though he knows better than most the value of life.
Dislikes: The white swordsman known as the Makenshi, or White Cloud. He's the one who equals his power, and represents the opposing power to Soil, which is Mist. A battle between the two of them has enough power to destroy an entire planet. He also dislikes anything related to the Chaos that destroyed his world.
Story: Long ago, war raged between Misteria and Winderia. The greatest warriors from each world, the Black Wind and the White Cloud, fought the hardest, bringing fourth Summoned Creatures of awesome power. Finally, the Black Wind's sister, Aura, gave her life to grant the Unlimited Soil to the Black Wind. Using it and two other Unlimited Soil bullets, the Ultimate Summoned Creature was unleashed.

And the rest is history.
Other: It is rumored that the Black Wind himself was the third Unlimited Soil, but there's no way to confirm this, as no eyewitnesses survived.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Just don't burn copyrighted names and work into this one too, kinda like Revelations. But I'm glad to be RPing with you again.

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests

Just don't burn copyrighted names and work into this one too, kinda like Revelations. But I'm glad to be RPing with you again.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
I'm pretty sure Konami, or whoever made Final Fantasy Unlimited, beat you to the whole "Magun and Soil Bullets" thing.

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests

I'm pretty sure Konami, or whoever made Final Fantasy Unlimited, beat you to the whole "Magun and Soil Bullets" thing.

That would be Square, and they don't give a care if I use an already-made character in an online RP.

So yeah, leave it alone. >.>

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Fine... XD

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Please don't fight. D:
Also, since I apparently forgot to speak on characters even though I thought I did *curses memory*, Relm is looking good so far, although I guess I can't accept him until he's finished. The Black Wind is looking good, too, but...I dunno, maybe you could tone down the summons and the possibility of his battle with the White Mist destroying the world? I don't wanna sound mean, though.
And now that made me remember, Nyclone, what did you mean that your character was a god? And you never went into the 'jesters' or his 'other forms' either...Sorry. D:

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Sometimes he can become Zeus, but as all great trasformations end, he faints to a near death. Jesters are his minions, and perform various tasks, such as medical help, grunt work, etc. Mecha Nyclone is basically a stronger version of himself. Diskue is his dreamer form in which he uses to go into the waking. Dopple can become any electrically charged version of a creature. Huh..huh... Answer your question? Oh, and what do you mean by "Sorry"?

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests

The Black Wind is looking good, too, but...I dunno, maybe you could tone down the summons and the possibility of his battle with the White Mist destroying the world? I don't wanna sound mean, though.

You don't sound mean. :o

Well, a lot of the Summoned Creatures are elementals. For example, if the enemy can absorb any ice element attack, Shiva would only heal it. Also, he needs a few minutes to load his Magun, in which time he could be attacked.

A battle between the Black Wind and the White Cloud can destroy the world. Why? Both can call Summoned Creatures. The thing is, White Cloud can only call a Sword Dragon, but he can call more than one at a time. The destructive power of even one Sword Dragon clashing with one of the Black Wind's Summoned Creatures is enough to destroy an area as big as Texas.

White Cloud doesn't have to make an appearance in this RP.

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
I'm just very over-apologetic. ;~;
Um, okay. Black Wind is accepted. ^-^
And thanks, Nyclone.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Ok, and no problem!

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Also, I should point out, just for future reference; to help exercise the idea of NiGHTS' gender being fully up to the dreamer, that NiGHTS will be referred to as 'he' in Aspen's point of view, but as 'she' in Lydia's.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Unlimited NiGHTS. Dude. You're not allowed to kill a person's character without their permission. That is a basic, common sense rule. This isn't just one of your stories, where you can do whatever the h*ll you want. There are other people involved in this. Now I gotta think of a N00b-y, God-Moddy way to weave past your post.
Granted, I am guilty of Power-Play on various levels throughout various RPs, but I've never killed another person's character, unless it was created for the explicit purpose of being taken out at some point, and even then, I got permission first.

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
Have you forgotten? Your character is a Nightmaren, and thus Wizeman can just recreate it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users