Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ATTENTION ALL UK COSPLAYERS! SEGA NEEDS YOU.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Can you guys think of any places i could pimp this thing? I even done the unthinkable and made a journal on DA about it XD (hey you take what you can lol).

Does anyone know any UK cosplay groups? Or something something. So far I've got all the main bases covered forum wise. I'll be digging around for groups now.

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
What about the Auchinawa board?, TRiPPY, I don't think they'll mind such a thing, not since you'll be a mascot there and you provided the Auchi mascot. XD
Thats provided the board is up yet.

Me and Ki are considering it, we're just discussing how to get there and where we'll stay.
If anyone can suggest a cheap place to stay in London, really anywhere close to the underground, it would help us out extremely.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

The first time I read that I totally forgot about the American differences in the use of the word pants XD
I actually did spend a minute wondering..."how would that help?"

Wait, what does 'pants' mean in- Oh, wait. *facepalms and starts cracking up like crazy* Does... does that word mean in Britain what I think it means? *headdesks* I think I'm gonna go to bed... *shakes head with her hand covering her face*

EDIT: OhwaitIneedtobeontopic! D: Erm... erm... Good luck you guys? O_o; *probably said that already*

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
TELL GUINESS TO MAKE IT IN FLORIDA NEXT YEAR. XD

I would go in My Half-Butt Reala Halloween costume. Or wear My cat ear hat. :3

Pikmingirl

Pikmingirl

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:8D I love video games, art, anime, drawing, video games, art, video gam-*asplodes*
Gaaaah! I WOULD SO LOVE TO GOO!!! O___O Speaking of which, I am currently working on my Jackle costume for either Anime Boston or AnimeNEXT (In SUMMER! XD) But I can finish this in a jiff, I just need a week or something. So far I finished his neck thing and part of his cape. Right now I am working on his gloves, ooh fun! x3 But I live in the USA! Q~Q I hope one day they plan to do something like that in NYC! ^^ That would rule! I wonder how far London is from here now. T___T

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
drat.... I'm not a cosplayer... the only costumes remotely close to being game related, that i have are (aside from the cloak and lightsaber) a very crappy sith costume... and a zombie costume (could possibly represent "The House of the Dead" or "RE")

And besides that, im broke.... cannot afford any form of transportation there... dammit...

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
For promoting this: How about Livejournal? There's gotta be at least one active group for UK-cosplayers...

Edit: Though I just realised it might be better to contact the admons/mods for those groups about the event rather than creating a brand-spanking new account and post in a new community. People can be suspicious about that (and with good reason too - wee drama!)

If someone does anyone from Sims I want a photo. Especially if they go for, say, Mrs. Crumplebottom XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Livejournal? AHAH, the only place i havent updated in 3 years that i still have my password for XD;

*makes a new post*

Tonight i shall contact lots of the groups on there. I should really use that place more often to advertise stuff. Too many journals @_-

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Lots of pics of that UV outfit, Trip! :3 Complete with the spider lace!

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course
Awesome news! I wish Martijn and I could be there to show our support, but with moving and all that it's kinda hard to get that sort of funding together. TRiPPY, DiGi, I know you can relate to that one, lol!

I've only ever "cosplayed" as the Merchant from Resident Evil 4, but that was Halloween so it's a bit different. It'd be fun to do a character from Niraven, but that would require some serious hair-dying and styling and some nice new duds, I'm afraid I can't pull that off right now. Hopefully another time, but until then you guys have a blast and take lots and lots of pictures. :huh:

Avenrir

Avenrir

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, monsters & beasties, insects & spiders ( but not moths. KEEP THEM AWAY! ), art, comics, cartoons, dinosaurs, mythical creatures, fonts, dreams & nightmares, swords, retro videogames, the Discworld, and last but not least: Cadbury's chocolate. O.O
Whether I make it or not, I dunno, but in the case of advertising, it seems most of the obvious bases are covered. So I left a small note in my PSU shop to come here for info on 'a UK cosplay record attempt' ( I couldn't be more specific than that; darn character limit ). XD

In the event that I somehow do manage to cobble together a costume in 2 weeks ( that stays together for that matter, I'm sewing inept. If it comes to it I might end up just wearing a mask, haha XD ), well, I'll see you there. If not, then I wish everyone who goes Good Luck on breaking that record! =D

*gets back to flogging cheap photons to draw attention to the notice*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I can hide you in the sidepocket of my suitcase :3

Actually, I'm kinda miffed because a few days ago we discovered my hat fits in a suitcase.... which means that night it was pouring down in Glasgow and we were walking to the bus station my hat got soggy and deeeeformed FOR NOTHING :| My hat was also assaulted by a drunk 40 something sitting beside me in the coach home who looked at my U.V makeup and told me his emo teenage son was also into 'what i do'... whatever that was >_>; Lol

I hope you can make it! But don't stress if you can't lady -_-

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Costumes, sewing and petsites ^^
Ah I'm so upset I can't be there for this! D: Of course it has to be right then when I'm at home in Germany again D; Otherwise I would so have come and worn my Harle (from Chrono Cross) costume! Gah I can't believe I'm missing out on this!! *wails*

Anyways hope everybody who gets to go has a great time and I'll keep my eye on the news that day xD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
gaaaaaaaaaaaah man that sucks! XD;;; I would've loved to have met you :(

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Actually, I'm kinda miffed because a few days ago we discovered my hat fits in a suitcase.... which means that night it was pouring down in Glasgow and we were walking to the bus station my hat got soggy and deeeeformed FOR NOTHING :|

Wait a minute...

HOW is that possible? Either you have one massive suitcase or...or...well, I dunno.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~

Nope. I can't, since he's not from an actual computer game. BUT i can give you a hint as to just WHO Sega themselves have me lined up to cosplay as, lol XD -
Posted Image

*giggles incessantly* If only I resided in the UK.... but nooooo...... *jabs Massachussetts on the US map with a fork*

I would be cosplaying as either NiGHTS or Wizeman. Yes. I actually have a Wizeman costume *cough its horrible cough* that involves metal spikes and railroad ties. Long story.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Murasaki, its a very BIG suitcase XD

Avenrir

Avenrir

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, monsters & beasties, insects & spiders ( but not moths. KEEP THEM AWAY! ), art, comics, cartoons, dinosaurs, mythical creatures, fonts, dreams & nightmares, swords, retro videogames, the Discworld, and last but not least: Cadbury's chocolate. O.O

My hat was also assaulted by a drunk 40 something sitting beside me in the coach home who looked at my U.V makeup and told me his emo teenage son was also into 'what i do'... whatever that was >_>; Lol

XD I remember you telling me that on the Sunday after, how he was asking you for advice and whatnot about it, haha. I think that should go up there with sedated poodles as reminder to what happens when you go on any form of public transport( I'm fairly sure there's a comic oppertunity here. The Adentures of TRiPPY in Transport Land. *ducks* )

ENiGMA

ENiGMA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
I do live in UK, sadly I live too far away in Wales for a quick trip to a Cosplaying event, plus I do not have costumes for such an event.

In other words a Sonic Team convention is like a sweet chocolate cake, I want it but it's too rich for me.

Pity, I always wanted my room to be litterd with Sonic fanboi stuff.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

XD I remember you telling me that on the Sunday after, how he was asking you for advice and whatnot about it, haha. I think that should go up there with sedated poodles as reminder to what happens when you go on any form of public transport( I'm fairly sure there's a comic oppertunity here. The Adentures of TRiPPY in Transport Land. *ducks* )

"I don't want to go among mad people!"

I think that comics can be easily made out of the escapades of cosplaying bizarre characters in public.

Coming soon to a bookstore near you:

NiGHTS and The Cheesecake Factory

(It's a restaurant in Boston I'll probably visit during Anime Boston)

wyldflowa

wyldflowa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing comics! And ur... drawing comics. And... comics...<br /><br />I like games too. XD
Too late notice~ I can't make this one. ;_; I wish they could have held it off until May and do it around the time of the May London Expo - goddam they'd get a LOT of people up for it then (and I'd be there too). >_<; Or if it could have been a monday (I get mondays off). Plus I'm off the to lakes the week after for another nerdfest with some friends so I don't think work would give me the day off. :( How on earth are people meant to get a costume and transport and accomodation and all that together in just a couple of weeks? ;_;

Goshdarnit drat and double drat. *woes*

Good luck to those who can go~! I'll try and pimp this up a little too if I can; I want it to be big so I can really kick myself for not going~! XD;

Zoe

Zoe

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
I'd take offence to TRiPPY'S comment on the first page about FF cosplayers (because I'm an FF cosplayer myself!), but the sea of Clouds is a funny mental picture. XD

I was about to type what wyldflowa said! :( They should have held it around the time of May expo, because I'm going to that too, and cosplaying there. Silly Guiness... D:

(I've seen Sims cosplayers before. It was so bad it was great. XD)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Judging by the looks of things, this won't be some recording breaking attempt with the way things are going. The timing and date placement means that the people who would normaly jump at the chance of going to an event like this can not make it. I don't know who organized it to be on a Tuesday morning, not even during school half-term for f*** sakes. I would have put a word in to maybe ask if they can push the date back a bit but i highly doubt they will be able to now, not when everything has been organized and set with the media. *sigh*

Giving people 3 weeks to organize for something like this is not a good idea either. Prepairing for cosplay related events usualy takes months. 3 weeks is such short notice. Me and Lynne were not even going to go because of the time frame but i've decided to skip college for this. So, hey, to hell with it. You only live once. This kinda thing may never happen again over here in the UK if the first attempt doesn't kick off on a good note.
Once again, if there is any possible way that people can make it, then please do so. Seriously.

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course
I'm noticing a lot of people say "I'd go but I don't have a costume..." Let me throw something out there for you peoples. You don't need a formal costume to pull off a good cosplay, believe me! You'd probably be stunned at how easy it is to put together a costume from a game from just the odds and ends in your closets at home! Of course don't expect it to be the ultra shiney glittery gorgeous NiGHTS costume TRiPPY made.:(

Seriously though. Example: Merchant, Resident Evil 4. I put together that costume in one day out of things me and my best friend had. We used a blue bandana, a vampire cape, a man's trenchcoat, gray backpack, simple belt, black T-shirt, plaid pajama pants and a pair of black boots. How did it turn out?

Posted Image

Not bad, huh? Photo's a bit crappy but live with me here.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
@DiGi: More like, three months, amirite? That's about how long it's taking me to do my NiGHTS cosplay, from start to finish. People can cop out with easy-to-do characters--like at ConnectiCon '07, for example, there was a group of five-ish people who were dressed in their regular clothes, they just made little green Sims dinglebobs that, I would imagine, take about a day or two to buy materials and make. But if everyone showed up with Sims dinglebobs, then it would be "the largest group of Sims characters in the same place" or whatever.

@Niraven: Whadd'ya buyin'? xD

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
I was talking this through with my mum, and she said that she might lend me the moeny to get there, and I might be able to scrounge the day off, so it's a 'maybe' from me now XD

Diogothedreamer

Diogothedreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid gamer but also enjoy all kinds of other hobbies such as going out to museums,events and such. As it is currently Winter it means hibernating in house rather than going out a lot. <br /><br /> I should also mention that growing up playing on SEGa systems it is now my favorite game company in the whole world. The games developed by it always inspire me a lot and remind me of all those games many years ago such as Nights that I have many fond memories of. <br /><br />I also am really creative and tend to do all kinds of art such as drawings,painting and such. However, lately I have focused more on my computing course so have not done much. :)
Well as I already said so many times I want to come and have fun plus get to meet all of you NiGHTS fans! In the leats I will be surrounded by people that are as excited about the game as I am. ;)

We should all do something fun too after the event finishes as I am sure it is just taking a picture and even quicker if good old weather turns out rain or freezing cold. :(

Here is a quick taster of a a costume I had to get together quickly when I went to the Super Mario Galaxy event. :)

My assassin looks a lot cooler though and I didnt even get all the parts I wanted!!

http://www.flickr.co...@N07/2108980076

That nice man next to me does the Mario and Wario voiceovers in case anyone is confused. ;)

ArchangelUK

ArchangelUK

Big Brother is watching you.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
I agree timing could've been better, however anyone who can turn up PLEASE do so!

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Costumes, sewing and petsites ^^
So there is absolutely no chance the date could be moved then? *clinging to straws*

Bah it's such a shame D; It really is an unfortunate date. For some reason my uni has weird easter holiday dates that are earlier than everybody elses, so I'm on holiday then. But that means I'm at home. v.v
And why a Tuesday morning of all days of the week?? That so random! xD

If it was some other time I'd skip uni and be on the first megabus to London! D: Gah this is really annoying me since I really would like to meet Trippy and Digi and everybody else who is coming! That and I haven't had a chance to cosplay for 2 years D:

</privaterantover>

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I just got my white gloves in the mail ~squeee

In other news, this news has spread very fast over various gaming websites and communities. Good stuff.

Pyrii

Pyrii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
March 18th is 2 days away from an animation deadline, I'm going to be in robot mode by that point. That and as I'm not cosplaying, I'd hope that there'd be more than just the event in london, a gathering would be nice to event he day out, I'm sure a a few people here will be spending lots of money to come down. It's £25 for me, including a day pass on the underground, and that's with a 1/3rd off as I'm a student.

We really should have a proper get-together...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I was actually thinking about doing something like that perhaps for next summer. Some kind of NiD.com get-together picnic. But that's an entirely different kettle of fish from this cosplay event so I'll keep my mouth shut about that one for a while.

I wouldn't be able to attend this thing if SEGA weren't paying, so the closer you live to the city the better. You could be stuck in the hills like some of us guys XD;
KIARA THE SHEEP HAVE EATEN MY COSTUME AGAIN ;O; GET THE HAGGIS!

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
A NiD.com get-together would be...impossible, since half of us live in the US and half of us live in the UK and...some folks over there in the corner live in Japan.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Simultanious get togethers then XD WITH VIDEO LINKS... just not in Japan cuz it'd be like 2am there hahah.

ANYWAY back on topic (i'll make a thread about that later) missus you need to start mailing me your cosplay pix again, i was tinkering in the cosplay section earlier.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Well, a full-blown get-together would be impossible, but at least some people from the website could show up to it. ^-^

EDIT: But then you'd have, like, over fifteen different webcast things from various spots in the U.S. alone. Wouldn't that be hard to manage? Oo;

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
http://www.nightsint...?showtopic=2086

^keep meet related convo to that thread plz :3

In on topic news i have been snaking around convincing unwitting cosplayers. This should be good.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Simultanious get togethers then XD WITH VIDEO LINKS... just not in Japan cuz it'd be like 2am there hahah.

ANYWAY back on topic (i'll make a thread about that later) missus you need to start mailing me your cosplay pix again, i was tinkering in the cosplay section earlier.

okey dokey =B

I haven't made many pictures other than what I've posted on my thread, but I'll take some this morning. You want the unsized versions of what I've already shown on the thread?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Yisplz :3

Diogothedreamer

Diogothedreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid gamer but also enjoy all kinds of other hobbies such as going out to museums,events and such. As it is currently Winter it means hibernating in house rather than going out a lot. <br /><br /> I should also mention that growing up playing on SEGa systems it is now my favorite game company in the whole world. The games developed by it always inspire me a lot and remind me of all those games many years ago such as Nights that I have many fond memories of. <br /><br />I also am really creative and tend to do all kinds of art such as drawings,painting and such. However, lately I have focused more on my computing course so have not done much. :)
I will try to put it up on my blog later on as I just finished improving it a bit . :P

Also maybe we should contact sites like gonintendo to put it as news as the costumes are for any game and you want lots of people right, even if an army of plumbers comes down to London.

HAIL MARIO. ;)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Hahaha yes, actually i was contemplating contacting paper press and i was wondering... arent magazines printed a month in advance? So it would be too late by then to advertise it :P THOUGH they could still attend to report on it... hmmmm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users