Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nara's Artwork

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Nara

Nara

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Well, seeing as I've had a surge of NiGHTS related inspiration as of late, I've decided to create an art thread of my own. :P To start off I suppose I'll post a piece I *guess* could be considered NiGHTS related... tad difficult to tell to be honest. XD It depicts a being I was visited by in a dream I had not too long ago, and he does bare a resemblance to Reala... but, as Mr.Creepy wouldn't grace me with his name, I haven't a clue if it WAS him, something else entirely, or what. XD Who or whatever he was, he's certainly intrigued me, despite the fact I think he wanted to rip my throat out... |D;

Posted Image

If your interested in the dream he came from, you can read about it in my dream diary~

There'll be more NiGHTS work coming along soon, including my interpretation of Spring Valley. I love landscapes, and I for one find the dreamscapes of NiGHTS beautiful, so I'll probably end up doing even more. lol

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
Woah! O____O Regardless of if that was Reala or not, it's definitly one of the scarier creatures I've seen in a while~ *loves*
I absolutly ADORE the way you did the coloring and the black swirly bits, they are gorgeous. The simple background brings in so much atmosphere and really brings the focus to "Reala".

Glowing eyessss~

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
That is fantastic. And really really creepy o_o The teeth and the eyes and... just... creepy. XD The colouring is so nice, and all the detail you put in on things like the claws... it makes me think of a comic book or something, it all really pops out at you. =) I can't wait to see more from you.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
One word: wicked! His expression says it all, really. Not someone you'd like to meet in a dark alley... or in your dreams. There's nothing else I can say that Ica hasn't already said. I'll look forward to your other work.

Nightingale

Nightingale

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
Whoa! O.O That's stunning. I really like the harsh contrast from red to black (and the "scream mask" pattern on his chest), and the way he fades away into smoke at the bottom.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Wow. That's dangerously awesome. o_O
The black eye patterning against the almost black skin is nicely pulled off. Wasn't even sure it was there for a second (but that might just be my horrible screen... XD)... and those claws... painting job, c'est manifique.

PRiNCE

PRiNCE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, pie, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, taters, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS,Sonic, and did I say NiGHTS? NiGHTS!
I've seen this before. It reminds me of an evil clown! The one who keeps killing me in my nightmares! *Runs away, scared to death of the awesome picture he has seen.*

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, cosplay, linguistics, music, art, baking, cooking, sciences
Stunning. o_o What medium did you use?

Nara

Nara

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Woah! O____O Regardless of if that was Reala or not, it's definitly one of the scarier creatures I've seen in a while~ *loves*
I absolutly ADORE the way you did the coloring and the black swirly bits, they are gorgeous. The simple background brings in so much atmosphere and really brings the focus to "Reala".
Glowing eyessss~

Yeah, I'll agree with you there, definately scary. XD Scariest thing I've ever encountered in my dreams that's for sure. And thank you~ :)

Nara

Nara

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

That is fantastic. And really really creepy o_o The teeth and the eyes and... just... creepy. XD The colouring is so nice, and all the detail you put in on things like the claws... it makes me think of a comic book or something, it all really pops out at you. =) I can't wait to see more from you.

lol Yes, creepy indeed. XD And thank you~ Glad you enjoy it! I'm happy when people notice the small details I put into my work. <3

Nara

Nara

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Whoa! O.O That's stunning. I really like the harsh contrast from red to black (and the "scream mask" pattern on his chest), and the way he fades away into smoke at the bottom.

Thanks :3 And you know, I never noticed that "scream mask" thing going on on his chest. XD Not even whilst I was drawing it. Only till I'd uploaded it and someone mentioned it, did I finally see it. lol

Stunning. o_o What medium did you use?

Thank you~ It's completely digital, all done in Photoshop. :3

Nara

Nara

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I think I'll put my WIP of Spring Valley up, I'd like some feedback on how it looks so far~ I've never played the game, so, all I've had to work with are less-than-desirable quality screenshots and my own imagination. XD I think I'll definitely be adding a rainbow in there somewhere though. lol Perhaps NiGHTS as well? Maybe playing his flute beneath a tree or flying about. :P If you have any ideas, please share! :3

Posted Image

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, cosplay, linguistics, music, art, baking, cooking, sciences
I envy your landscaping, even if it's not finished. XD! Seriously, I love the mountain. @_@ And you have waterfalls. Immediate love. <3 I really like the way you're going with this; it's amazing.

As for suggestions, I think NiGHTS either lazing about as she/he flies (possibly dragging his/her fingers through the water) or resting under a tree/on a floating tree would be nifty.

And don't forget the Pians! XD

Nara

Nara

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Yes, waterfalls are love. XD Hmm... well having NiGHTS near the water would mean he'd be pretty tiny... as the lake and waterfalls are sorta off in the distance... so perhaps having him flying around much closer would be good, if I choose to go with that idea~ Thanks for the suggestions :)

And yes, can't forget the lovely lil' Pians. XD lol

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Ohhh that is just... gorgeous. Just...woah. XD Even as a WIP it's totally stunning... It's got a nice dreamy quality too, cause of the colours. Rather than just looking like a photo of some grass and trees XD I love the idea of NiGHTS playing a flute. Maybe to a couple of 'pians? Or sitting near the windmill?

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
First off, that is one hell of an image to see when entering an art topic. Dark and creepy, and very impressive.

As for your WIP Spring Valley, it's looking beautiful so far ^_^

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
O_______O That is one IMPRESSIVE landscape! Even though it's an WIP the water looks so liquid, the clouds so... cloudy and you can almost see the wind blow through the grass... I'm absolutely STUNNED by your awesomeness..

Do you have any hints for a wanna-be landscape artist? *puppyeyes*

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
*stares*:D ..Can I have some tips too? So..pretty..I can't wait for the finished product!

Nara

Nara

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Here's a sketch of U.V NiGHTS. I had a random URGE to draw him whilst listening to some music the other night and this popped out~ It turned into a more... "realistic" style as I went along, I rather like it though. I'm debating whether to color it, or leave it black and white, can't decide. lol This is my first attempt at U.V, hope I've done him justice. XD

Posted Image

whatabout_paul

whatabout_paul

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Obsessed with games. I've got most recent consoles bar a PSP (I had one but it was crap so I sold it) and PS3 (It's too expensive to bother with). Other than that I'm into my wrestling. I'm training to be a pro wrestler and am a huge fan. I like my music too, guitar bands of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's a good tune you can sing to I'm happy.
Mr Creepy... I wouldn't want to meet him in a dream or anywhere else for that matter. He does look ace though. Oh, and judging by the great job you did of colouring him in you should defiantly colour your UV NiGHTS drawing. Damnit, I need some art genes from somewhere.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
That is quite frightening! But very awesome! Your art is great!

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
*o* Your art is amazing.~~ <3's~ The wip has a very peaceful and serene feeling to it. Can't wait to see it finished! :lol:

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Nice attention to details! I love how you did his face and hair, and the border is quite lovely as well.

Nara

Nara

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Mr Creepy... I wouldn't want to meet him in a dream or anywhere else for that matter. He does look ace though. Oh, and judging by the great job you did of colouring him in you should defiantly colour your UV NiGHTS drawing. Damnit, I need some art genes from somewhere.

Thanks :3 Yeah, I've decided to color it, though I might make a b&w version as well, since I enjoy both. lol

Nara

Nara

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Nice attention to details! I love how you did his face and hair, and the border is quite lovely as well.

Heh, yeah, I'm a bit of a detail freak. lol Like the face eh? I was worried he wouldn't look right, having a jawline and all... glad I didn't butcher his face then. 8D lol

That is quite frightening! But very awesome! Your art is great!

Yes, quite frightening indeed. XD But I must admit he *was* awesome, while he wasn't trying to kill me. 8D And thank you~ X3

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Costumes, sewing and petsites ^^
I absolutely ADORE that U.V NiGHTS sketch! His face is so so so pretty! And the attention to detail is stunning!
You're very talented! ^^ I can't wait to see it finished!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
*rolls around in the lovely* ohgodddddddddddddddddddddddd your art makes my eyes cartwheel XD; Thankyou so much for sketching U.V @_@; That was a very nice suprise ^^; I lovvvvve it! I'm convinced i've seen your art before but rather than make an idiot of myself for guessing wrongly i'll just say a huge thanks and keep watching from the sidelines heehe.

PS) That Reala art is BADASS with a capital ohgod.

Nara

Nara

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
XD Thank you~ <3 And ah, it's np. lol I really like U.V, and greatly enjoyed drawing em'. I'm happy you enjoy it! :D Hope you'll like the colored version just as much. ;3

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
oh i envy your coloring skills. grr. stupid broken tablet.

Nara

Nara

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted Image

A pic of Reala done last night on the oekaki boards, and my first oekaki piece at that. Rather proud with how it turned out, especially that rose. XD The way he looks is based off how he appeared to me in a dream I had not too long ago. I'll be adding color to it later~ Enjoy :)

Guest_Nephenee_*

Guest_Nephenee_*
  • Guests
It's art like this that makes me feel so inferior. T_T
God it's so lovely. I'm not going to be able to draw anything for weeks and think it looks good.

Please keep posting. ^^

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

Yes, waterfalls are love. XD Hmm... well having NiGHTS near the water would mean he'd be pretty tiny... as the lake and waterfalls are sorta off in the distance... so perhaps having him flying around much closer would be good, if I choose to go with that idea~ Thanks for the suggestions :)

And yes, can't forget the lovely lil' Pians. XD lol

Maybe you should have NiGHTS under the tree, playing the flute with some Nightopeians huddling round him, sort of like in the NiGHTS storybook.

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
All of your pictures are friggin awsome. Makes me want to practice some more XD

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
The new picture is gorgeous. *___* I love the deisgn for Reala's outfit. I would really like to see a frontal view of it. <3's~ Can't wait to see this colored.~

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
You can just feel the death in this piece.....

Nara

Nara

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I'm in need of some help deciding what background I should stick with for the WIP of NiGHTS I'm working on atm. I love both, and can't decide which looks the best. XD Any input would be much appreciated~ :3

Here's the two versions:

Posted Image

Posted Image

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
Wow..! Both are equally gorgeous! I love your sparklies ^_^

I'd say go with the more dawn-esque background. It's got a little more contrast than the nighttime one (even though I loooove your nighttime background), and the contrast between NiGHTS' colors and the clouds is really nifty.

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Omg. *__________* Both backgrounds are stunning. <3's~ It's hard to choose. @__@ lol I think I like the darker night time one best. Maybe you could make two versions of the pic? Although that would be alot more work. >_<;; Either choice will be beautiful though. :3

Nara

Nara

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Omg. *__________* Both backgrounds are stunning. <3's~ It's hard to choose. @__@ lol I think I like the darker night time one best. Maybe you could make two versions of the pic? Although that would be alot more work. >_<;; Either choice will be beautiful though. :3

I know, so hard to choose isn't it. XD The night one makes him stand out more, and the warm pastel one looks more dreamy. I...can't... DECIDE. >.< Making two versions would be possible, but guh, not what I *really* want to do. XD; And thank you for your thoughts~ <3

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Hm... while the night background do make him stand out more, I'd choose the dawn pic - if only because it's a bit different from what you usually see. That said, they're both oh-so-pretty *_*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users