Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Should I get the remake of NiGHTS into Dreams for the PS2?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Coolmatt49

Coolmatt49

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
I wanted to know whether or not I should get this game. I really want it but the only problems would be the language barrier and the region locks. There is very little text in the original game so I'm ASSUMING that this game will not be Japanese intensive; however, there is more content added that may be word intensive and not in English. The region lock, which is my biggest problem, is not compatible with my PS2 (I have a U.S. PS2). I heard of Action Replay allowing imports to be played on the system, but I'm not sure if this is true.

My main question is, is anyone going to be getting this game but have a U.S. PS2? If you are, then how are you going to be playing it (aside from using a mod-chip)?

Also, if Action Replay DOES allow import games to be played, does anyone know where I can get one cheap?

One last big question. Is this game worth it? I just bought the original NiGHTS into Dreams off of eBay for the Sega Saturn (spent a pretty penny for it). Is there anything really lasting in getting this game and spending the money to be able to actually play this game?

captain boombatty

captain boombatty

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I will probably try to get hold of a copy regardless of being able to play it. cause im a big nights geeky freak like that!! anyway - with regards to your problem - cant you import a japanese ps2 to play it on? Obviously that might be a bit more expensive than trying to get it running on your us ps2 though!! as for whether its worth it or not - !?! I dont think anyone on these forums would say its not!!

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Even though I don't have any foreign gaming software, I know I'm getting it!
[I have an ST-Key for the Saturn for overseas gaming, but not PS2. :(]

Tamika

Tamika

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:I'm really into anime and video games, but my hobbies are arts and crafts.
If for any reason, the artbook is one of the reasons I'm getting it. I've been considering getting my PS2 modded, but I haven't heard anything about AR doing it, so I believe that's false.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I wish SEGA was as cool as Konami right now. Konami is releasing a triple pack of all the MGS games prior to MGS4 worldwide I believe. I can understand though as MGS has much wider acclaim. It's just a shame. I would like that book but I can't even buy one game for the PS3.

gsk

gsk

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Video games, indie music, films
http://www.exploitstation.com/index.php?page=faq

and

<a href="http://www.exploitstation.com/index.php?page=faq" target="_blank">http://www.exploitstation.com/index.php?page=faq</a>

I went down the hard drive route, so when you get the disc you copy it to the hdd and play it off that. Works really well with Nights PS2!

Or you can use swap magic - google that. A little less work but not good for the ps2.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

I went down the hard drive route, so when you get the disc you copy it to the hdd and play it off that. Works really well with Nights PS2!

Or you can use swap magic - google that. A little less work but not good for the ps2.

Now I kinda wish I got the chubby Ps2 :blink:

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

So GSK, how do you like it so far?? I'm sure the graphics must be an improvement, but does it play like the original? What are your likes/dislikes so far?

I might get a japanese console for this game if I can get one cheap.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
I think I'll go the HDD route as well. I just found out it works with the slim. Now. Where am I gonna get some money.

Murder's Last Crow

Murder's Last Crow

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
You can do the modchip thing or get a premodded console, but those are still pretty costly. To be honest, you could probably find a decent Japanese PS2 and import it for around 50 dollars plus shipping, which is only a tad more expensive.

However, Swap Magic, if you're careful, would probably be the easiest way to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users