Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

• Please log in to reply
510 replies to this topic

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.

Sorry, but it's true.

Hey look at the bright side. Of the two, guys I can think of, one of them is probably one of the coolest fighting characters ever in my opinion, the character in question being Lord Raptor from Darkstalkers. Definitely one of the most popular male leads in the series for sure.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Lord Raptor. He is pretty cool =D

Posted Image

Sagat is getting buffed in SSF4.

BEEFCAAAAAAKE

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Are they going to make Poison a fighter or what? Come on, Capcoooom!!

If this could be a Final Fight kinda update then they gotta get Poison in there! She was meant to be in that cross-over fighting game before it got canned, though i've misplaced the name of it now. Anyway, i think it would be pretty cool to actually play as Poison.

I highly doubt she'll be one of the characters but it would be nice.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
WOOT! MORE CHARACTERS!

http://kotaku.com/54...e-more-fighters

<3 Guy <3

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
GUY!!! You sexy son of a bitch! YES!! Oh WOOHAH! I'm getting this game, dammit!!

And Adon too!! RISING JAGUAAAR!! God, i hope they've kept his crazy screechy voice. It was very 'Jackle' at points.
Actually, the "who's beating up Chun-Li" thing must have been Adon doing his Jaguar heel drop kick move. What's it called? Jaguar Tooth or something?

Now. If they somehow put Poison in i think i'll just explode from sheer excitement.

--edit--
Wait, how many have they revealed now?
- Juri
- T Hawk
- DeeJay
- Guy
- Cody
- Adon

how many did they say were being revealed? 8? Meaning two places left.
Chances of Poison? How many Street Fighters are there in total left that could be in? Let's just say a rough 50 odd that could be one of those two if we include every Street Fighter character from all the games who are currently NOT in.
Poison has about a 1 in 50 chance of appearing as a fighter.

Now, since i've become a fantastic gambling man all of a sudden who wants to make a bet? ;) /joke

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

GUY!!! You sexy son of a bitch! YES!! Oh WOOHAH! I'm getting this game, dammit!!

And Adon too!! RISING JAGUAAAR!! God, i hope they've kept his crazy screechy voice. It was very 'Jackle' at points.
Actually, the "who's beating up Chun-Li" thing must have been Adon doing his Jaguar heel drop kick move. What's it called? Jaguar Tooth or something?

Now. If they somehow put Poison in i think i'll just explode from sheer excitement.

--edit--
Wait, how many have they revealed now?
- Juri
- T Hawk
- DeeJay
- Guy
- Cody
- Adon

how many did they say were being revealed? 8? Meaning two places left.
Chances of Poison? How many Street Fighters are there in total left that could be in? Let's just say a rough 50 odd that could be one of those two if we include every Street Fighter character from all the games who are currently NOT in.
Poison has about a 1 in 50 chance of appearing as a fighter.

Now, since i've become a fantastic gambling man all of a sudden who wants to make a bet? ;) /joke

$50 that Alex is one of the two still yet to be revealed xD

They better add more ladies (I.E Poison or R. Mika), current roster is a bit of a sausage fest >_>

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

(I.E Poison

and then

current roster is a bit of a sausage fest >_>

...well, that particular 'poisonous' chick would bring more sausage to the character roster, truth being told. Though that sausage comes with HOT SAUCE..........

...ah, nuts.

...ah, nuts.

...yeah, probably those too.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Oh snap, cool. By the way, people are thinkin' Guy is parrying Ibuki's kunai there.. hell yes

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Just saw this news and Imediately knew DiGi would be happy. Come spring man my Bison vs. your Guy. Let's make it happen. The way things are shaping up, SF4 may end up being my favorite Street Fighter period. Higher than Alpha 3, higher than 3rd Strike. Maybe even higher than Super Turbo.

Assuming there are still two more vacant spots we are in all likelyhood going to get some 3rd Strike reps. Ibuki has always been a popular request and that kunai certainly makes for a compelling case. Apparently there's a rumor sheet that states Ibuki along with Dudley and Mokoto will be in game. It also said there is going to be another new character called Hakan, and Arabic grappler. Insofar as new characters the list is 5 for 5 so who knows. I just know watching Dudley beat the crap out of Balrog and calling him gutter trash would be seven kinds of awesome.

Poison will never be playable in this game. 1 in 50 is way too optimistic. XD Besides, when it comes to Final Fight characters I'd rather have Rolento shorlty followed by Sodom.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

and then
...well, that particular 'poisonous' chick would bring more sausage to the character roster, truth being told. Though that sausage comes with HOT SAUCE..........

...ah, nuts.

...yeah, probably those too.

Oh, oh my. Forgot about that part.

x_x

Oh well, gooooo Poison and R. Mika! xD

Lélis

Lélis

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Games in general. I am a gamer<br />Cosplay - maybe you don't like but I LOVE<br />Sing - I am a good singer, so I like to sing. A LOT (and game music is my love)<br />And everthing that you would like to chat. I am not a quiet person xDDD
Well
I Think DiGi will be very happy with this

Posted Image

http://www.capcom-fc...il/327book1.jpg

She's probably back òóv

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
I just want some opinions here, but what is it about Ibuki that people like so much? It's not that I hate her, I'm just utterly indifferent about her and I never thought her design stood out much from other fighting game ninjas. Anyone care to give me some insight?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

BLAM! Your entire post!

Firstly - Dudley, hell yes! Bring another Brit in to the mix!!
Secondly - Hakan? Hakan is a Turkish name! O.O I hope he's Turkish, just so the country can get represented for once in a fighting game.
Thirdly - SHADDAP! Poison's wicked! Bel Biv Devoe know's wassup! :(

Well
I Think DiGi will be very happy with this
She's probably back òóv

Ibukiiiii! One of my favourite characters from SF3

I just want some opinions here, but what is it about Ibuki that people like so much? It's not that I hate her, I'm just utterly indifferent about her and I never thought her design stood out much from other fighting game ninjas. Anyone care to give me some insight?

Well, she's a ninja. She's a school girl, also. Her oufit is interesting and seems more urban/streetwise than full out NINJAAA. Her ponytail can be very hypnotic to watch as it trails about after her.

She's hot.

Yup! That's about it! XD

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
Ibuki is the AWESOME!

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Ibuki is made of win, with her Ninja/School Girl-ness<3

Posted Image

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I only just realised in that chibi-Ibuki gif she turns into Rolento for a split second, lol! Awesome.

And i still want Poison. Oooh. Maybe if they do make another Third Strike game in the style of SF4 she'll be playable in that? :P Hey, i'm hopeful.

That girl is Poisooooon!

Lélis

Lélis

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Games in general. I am a gamer<br />Cosplay - maybe you don't like but I LOVE<br />Sing - I am a good singer, so I like to sing. A LOT (and game music is my love)<br />And everthing that you would like to chat. I am not a quiet person xDDD

I only just realised in that chibi-Ibuki gif she turns into Rolento for a split second, lol! Awesome.

And i still want Poison. Oooh. Maybe if they do make another Third Strike game in the style of SF4 she'll be playable in that? :D Hey, i'm hopeful.

That girl is Poisooooon!

Yeah, Rolento-Ibuki *_*
From the Pocket Fighter, such a cute game. I love CHun-li as Jill Valentine *_*
Posted Image
http://media.strateg...hun-Li_Jill.png

Felicia as Megaman is soooo cuteee
Posted Image
http://ps2media.game...24051634335.jpg

And the TOAAAAAADD REVENGE from Ibuki.

And Maybe it doesn't have so much with this topic, but I like people's creativity. I found this images in a brazilian site, so, I wanna share them with you =3

There is already tons of extra-oficials changes for the game of bizarre characters to new effects [with the MOD program for chara]. Some are nice, most are bizarre, and all are very funny and entertaining. Not that I have done some of them, prefer to let my natural street fighters. But some people like! Now, see the most unusual modifications of characters available so far.

Posted Image
Rufus Sir Incredible and Cyborg AKuma

Posted Image
Balrog Doraemon

Posted Image
Berserker Blanka

Posted Image
Blanka - Lion Thundercats

Posted Image
Blanka - Beast, X-Man

Posted Image
Cammy Jill Valentine - Resident Evil

Posted Image
Cammy HarleyQuinn - Batman

Posted Image
Maid Chun-li

Posted Image
C.Viper as Terry Bogard, The King of Fighter (Oh yeah, her chara design is much like KoF than SF anyway :P' But I like her =D)

Posted Image
Ghandi Dhalsin

Posted Image
El Fuerte - Captain America

Posted Image
Fei Long - Rock Lee, Naruto (yeah, Rock Lee was ALSO inpired in Bruce Lee, like Fei Long)

This is what I call creative leisure ahahah

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
XD hahaha those are awsome! My favourite is Ghandi.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Hahaha! Thundercats! And the Cammy/Harly one is cool!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Oh god! XD

That Gandhi one made me spit my coffee out.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
OMG FEi-LONG ROCK LEEEEEEE =D

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Secondly - Hakan? Hakan is a Turkish name! O.O I hope he's Turkish, just so the country can get represented for once in a fighting game.

Can't believe I didn't address this earlier but assuming the rumor is true, Hakan may very likely be Turkish. In addition to his name, he's supposedly an oil wrestler and last I checked that was a Turkish sport. I'm curious though how he'll set himself apart from the other grapplers in the game already. As it stands SF4 already has a Pro Wrestler, a Sumo Wrestler, a Luchador and a Mixed Martial Artist. Other than Judo what's left?

Also, new trailer.

Here Comes a New Challenger: Part 2

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Can't believe I didn't address this earlier but assuming the rumor is true, Hakan may very likely be Turkish. In addition to his name, he's supposedly an oil wrestler and last I checked that was a Turkish sport. I'm curious though how he'll set himself apart from the other grapplers in the game already. As it stands SF4 already has a Pro Wrestler, a Sumo Wrestler, a Luchador and a Mixed Martial Artist. Other than Judo what's left?

Also, new trailer.

I've never been good with wrestler type characters in fighting games before as i'm more a 'Guy/ChunLi' jump-in-attack-quickly kinda person so if this Hakan is a Turkish wrestler i'd be willing to actually give the whole fighting style a proper try. So far i've never seen a Turkish fighter in any game and if Hakan is going to be the first then i'm gonna give it a try just because of the character's background.
Lol, i wonder if this is what Capcom meant when they said they made a 'Korean fighter so it would appeal to the Koreans' ? XD
All in all, i'm looking forward to it. Any idea if there is a release date set for this?

Also, Adon's voice is nice. Needs more screeching, lol.

And a "hell yeah!" to Guy.

Lélis

Lélis

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Other than Judo? You got Jiu-Jitsu, and Snake's CQC...
But we all know that's not going to happen. And also a cool minigame is one we have here in my city: we call it "Ou vira ou Morre" (which translates into "Turn or Die"), that is put one EXTREMELY fat guy on top of someone. Then the whole rest of the people on the street jump on that person. Now either you turn around and get out of this, or you die with the gravity.
EDIT: L�lis, vc esqueceu do Pastor Zangief ��
Depois posta ele, blz?

Oh well, I don't know if that video fits this toppic.
Maybe I will create a new one =D

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Any idea if there is a release date set for this?

Still tentatively slated for a spring 2010 release, so if you have a 360 by the time All-Stars Racing comes out you still have some time to get Street Fighter 4 and brush up before the new version comes out.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Awwww yeah, can't wait to play as Guy =D

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
http://www.capcom-un...ighter_alpha_2_

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
oh my :)

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
That is awesome. I love Japan.

(Fun fact: now that I have a PlaySega gamepad I'm thinking I should be getting SFIV for PC... though I cannot afford it at the moment - LATE TO THE PARTY!)

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Epic sparkly Psycho Crusher is epic and sparkly. Awesome video. Better than that recent Chun-Li POS.

Don't worry Nemoide. You're not alone. Our own admins haven't played the game yet despite wanting to.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Posted Image

I think this is needed. For DiGi's sake.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

I think this is needed. For DiGi's sake.

Eeeeee <3 The complete ho' never looked so cute! XD

....TAKE IT OFF! :blink:

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
I saw this on the front page of SRK.
Posted Image
Well hello there person standing next to Juri but hiding behind Blanka. You wouln't happen to be a Turkish oil wrester called Hakan would you?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm.. a new friend for Zangief..

Check this out- http://www.1up.com/d...t=2&cId=3177237

Besides the Sonic stuff, anyone heard of Ken's theme being based off Cheap Trick? I don't know Cheap Trick's catalog too well, this is news to me.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

I saw this on the front page of SRK.
Posted Image
Well hello there person standing next to Juri but hiding behind Blanka. You wouln't happen to be a Turkish oil wrester called Hakan would you?

Oily bastard.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
My god, it really is Hakan! XD sh!t, this could be the first Turkish fighter EVER, providing they say he actually is from Turkey! ...i just hope he's cool and not a lumbering punching bag like Birdie, lol.

Still want Poison too, but that won't happen will it :'(

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Still want Poison too, but that won't happen will it :'(

Nope

Also, you know that saying about ducks? Well, if his name is Turkish and his combat style is Turkish, there's a pretty good chance he's Turkish.

-Edit-
Also, in response to Viper, they do sound almost exactly the same...for like the first three seconds. I'll admit those first few seconds are almost identical but after that they're completely different. See for yourself.

Ken's Theme
Cheap Trick - Mighty Wings

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Double post to bump. Also, something neat. The new Metro City level features a surprise guest.
Posted Image

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
ASDFGHJKLBLARG!

HUGO!

MAYBE POISON WILL POP UP!

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

Also, in response to Viper, they do sound almost exactly the same...for like the first three seconds. I'll admit those first few seconds are almost identical but after that they're completely different. See for yourself.

Ken's Theme
Cheap Trick - Mighty Wings

Here's another weird one to look up for similarities. The Might Morphin' Power Rangers game for SNES has a level where a section of the music sounds almost verbatim Ken's theme. I think it's called Factory, I believe it's either the first or second stage of the game. It's not at the beginning of the track, but if you listen to it, you'll hear what I mean. (Can't find youtube of it this second)

Anyone else besides me have the PC version of SFIV?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Yeah they do differ, but the start of both is uncanny.

Anyways, chara select http://imgur.com/fVMba

Man there's a ton of info on SRK to catch up on..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users