Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

• Please log in to reply
510 replies to this topic

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
MOTHERF*CKER.. Walmart oversold, like I feared, and cancelled my order for the Collector's Edition. This is unacceptable.. crap crap crap crap! I only didn't order early since I don't have a PS3 yet and I didn't know it was so limited.. no no no no no..

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
My fightpad died. Lame.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I wouldn't sweat not getting the collectors edition. I got mine today and I honestly don't think it's worth the extra 20 dollars. I wasted my money so you don't have to. :)

7Force

7Force

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, anime
I got it yesterday, awesome game but I really need to buy an arcade stick for it. It sucks ass playing it with a 360 pad.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

I wouldn't sweat not getting the collectors edition. I got mine today and I honestly don't think it's worth the extra 20 dollars. I wasted my money so you don't have to. :)

But it comes with the soundtrack, movie and stuff.. seems like a good deal to me.. I jus can't pass it up..

any rumors on re-stocks of it? I still have sources (but at potentially higher price) but one store just told me they plan to re-stock mid March..

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
For $20 it isn't, trust me. I have yet to watch the movie, but the soundtrack isn't a full soundtack. There are only character themes, no level music. The hintbook is just 8 pages of Udon art that shows how to use specials for the new characters. The free costume pack isn't really free considering you're paying extra money for the CE. The figurine is crap, but since when has a figurine in a CE ever been any good?

This would have been worth it had the soundtrack been complete. The bundle isn't bad, I just think it's overpriced. I didn't get the sense I got what I paid for. The soundtrack is definately the biggest draw, but you're better off just waiting for somebody to release the whole thing in some way shape or form.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hurm.. so the soundtrack they bundle lacks open and end themes, character select, stuff like that? Is there a difference between 'character themes' and 'level music'? I thought they were one in the same..

Man, that's a downer. Poo. Looks like Capcom finally did something half-assed in regard to SF4.

But dammit if I still want it. Someone won an auction I was watching on eBay for 66 bucks, wish I coulda been there.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Yeah, in addition to remixes of the themes we all know and love, levels got their own music this time around. It's a real shame they aren't on the soundtrack because I think they're among the best tracks in the game.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm.. curious. How does that work? Usually characters have their own stages with their themes, it did seem like I had heard different music than that when watching footage of the game.. how does the music work in SF4, anyhow? *Dying to own it already*

Crap, Gamestop actually got more in, but now they're gone again. Wow. Freakin PS3 version only, too. XBox one just sits there.

Damn, almost just ordered from Amazon, they seemed to list it again but it's gone. This is getting old..

wtf.. gamestop listed it again, but their total price with shipping and all is like 96 bucks, whats up with that.. I don't want that..

and also Gamestop's store stock finder thingy LIES.. it lists my local stores as having a few today, but I called, they didn't get any

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Each level has it's own music, but during certain character specific matches like Ken vs. Ryu, character themes will play instead. At least that's what it seems like.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm. Odd.
To note, I guess the full OST is for sale - http://www.play-asia...22-70-37su.html

Did the UK/Japan get a much cooler Collector's Edition than we did, or what? http://cgi.ebay.com/...E:B:WNA:US:1348

Note, I have just won my copy on eBay at less than normal+tax price. Phew.

About DIY'ing sticks- http://www.cheapassg...blog.php?b=5037

I hate that Rufus and Fei Long share a theme though... seems not everyone's tracks made the cut :)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Just tell me if Sakura's Fight Level Theme Song (whatever) from Alpha/Zero 2 is in there. I loved the complete J-Pop vibe that track had, i'd find myself humming it for days. Tell me it's in there and i'm happy.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Just tell me if Sakura's Fight Level Theme Song (whatever) from Alpha/Zero 2 is in there. I loved the complete J-Pop vibe that track had, i'd find myself humming it for days. Tell me it's in there and i'm happy.

Maybe... :D

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Indeed. But it seems like Blanka, E. Honda, Dhalsim, claw and boxer are also missing their themes in SF4.. I wonder why they did that?

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.

JEBUS I HOPE IT IS <3

I love that song, it's so funky and fresh, i'd find it hard to pay attention to the actual fighting while it was on xD

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Maybe... :)

There it is!! Wow, they really technoed those tunes up, didn't they? ^_^

I'm liking that. The use of violins for the main melody is an interesting choice and it works quite well.

However, i found Guile's theme and i'm not too impressed with the new version. The old SF2 version was epic enough as it is and in my eyes hard to top, lol.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Yeah personally I just don't like when they slow the tempo on some of them (Guile being one.. take out the scratches, make it regular tempo and I think I'd like it a lot more..), they're messing with it too much when they do that.. ugh, there's a lot of speculation now that the PS3 will drop price by as much as $100 in April. I got my SFIV copy today, waiting a month to play it does not sound like fun at all.. it's not even confirmed it's gonna happen..

Anyway, I also noticed Rufus is apparently using Fei Long's new theme, not the other way around. *shrug*

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Kind of hard to improve on perfection yeah? Guile's theme is the same as it's always been because it's so damn good to begin with. While I think most of the themes are better just by merit of being techno now, I do think a couple themes are notable improvements to past versions.

Bison-Taking the bass line and making it really effing heavy works wonders for this theme. I also think it was a good idea removing the bell chimes and having the melody played by strings throughout. The chimes made the old tune sound too whimsical in my opinion. The tune sounds more driven, more epic and more sinister than before.

Rose-I was always ambivalent about this song in the Alpha days. It's amazing what a simple change of instruments can do. The crazy percussion and the guitar turn this originally peculiar tune into something more closely resembling a power metal ballad. Very cool.

Also, Fei Long doesn't have a theme nor does he share one with Rufus. Some people are just just under the impression he does because Rufus' theme makes frequent use of Bruce Lee sounds in it's composition.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I'll just posit that I freaking love Rose's remix for SFIV. Been in my head all day.

And I now have a PS3. Playing SFIV.

Note: The OST that comes with the CE lists 'that' track as Fei Long's theme.

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
This thread includes some of the basic stuff of the game.
http://forums.shoryu...ad.php?t=177314

Mainly about how Ken is the only character in the game.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
/\
Absolute utter truth. Especially the flowchart. Honestly I've fought more Sagats than Kens, but he's up there.

I don't know what it is about Ken, but both newbies and scrubs alike seem to gravitate to him like a magnet for some reason. Here's a lesson everybody. If you're fighting a Ken player, 9 times out of ten you'll know they're inexperienced if they throw out fierce shoryukens the moment a match starts. If they keep throwing them without provocationthe entire match they're a scrub, plain and simple.

I want to post some random thoughts about this game later. I went over some of them in my Street Fighter special but I'd like to present them a little more organized.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Article, history of SF- http://retro.ign.com...954426p1.html??

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Some scrubs can't spam tiger shots correctly. ^_^

This is not ST, so no, you totally lock me down with just Tiger Shots.
I know that you're going to jump back, jumping round house, fireball, and shoryuken. It's not that clever.

Makes me mad, since Ken is one of my mains and I keep on seeing a bunch of people playing him wrong.

Abel and Rose are cool still, though.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Thoughts on New Characters

Abel-He has an interesting moveset, but I think his design is strange and I absolutely hate his personality. He's one of those damn whiney amnesiacs. Also, his face is ugly. Probably my least favorite of the newbies.

C. Viper-Love her. Seems very SNK inspired and has a crazy moveset that makes her almost feel like a Guilty Gear character in gameplay. Awesome theme music.

El Fuerte-Lucha Libre is instant win. It's Cool for the series to finally get a luchador and a truly Mexican fighter on the roster. His gameplay reminds me of Guy which is cool. Two things though. First, his English voice is the essence of pain. Second, someof his concept art portrays him with a different head and almost looking like a tribute to Santo. Part of me wishes they took him that direction.

Rufus-I hate, hate, hate his design, but damnit to hell if he isn't a ton of fun to play. Seriously, his moves are a blast. Also, his personality is actually funny at times. Still hate his design though.

Seth-Awesome. I like him more than Gill but not quite as much as Urien. His moveset is so varied it's really fun to use and his Tanden Engine special gives him some crazy combo options. It also doesn't hurt that his theme kicks serious ass. Great voices in both languages too.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I'm still in the process of unlocking Akuma, Gouken and Seth. Twice now I've racked up the perfects, but clearing Seth without continuing.. >,<

..I hate him.

Otherwise, I'm planning to build myself a stick, waiting on parts to arrive. Been using my 15th Anniversary PS2 pads w/ converters.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

I'm still in the process of unlocking Akuma, Gouken and Seth. Twice now I've racked up the perfects, but clearing Seth without continuing.. >,<

Just set arcade to the easiest difficulty with only one-round matches and you'll get them in no time flat. A friend of mine who is completely new to Street Fighter managed to unlock them in about and hour doing this.

Also, Seth is pretty tame if you know how to handle him. His aerials are his only overheads so you can crouch and turtle the hell out of him until he throws out something unsafe like the lightning kicks, far standing fierce, or even his super. Depending on your character you can retaliate after these pretty effectively with sweeps, supers, and ultras. Oh, and under no circumstances should you ever jump in on Boss Seth unless you enjoy eating Rekka Shoryus for free.

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
I think Abel is a great character in terms of gameplay. His c. Fierce is so cool, I mean really, I can either rekka off of his first hit, or I can air grab off of the secound hit. His roll can be pretty fun for a wakup mix-up game.

Rufus dive kicks all day. And he never stops talking when he wins.

El Fuerte jumps around all day and then get smacked in the face with a Tiger Uppercut. Cool beans.

C. Viper has some cool mixup games with feints. And she's MILF.

Seth is complete meh to me.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Just set arcade to the easiest difficulty with only one-round matches and you'll get them in no time flat. A friend of mine who is completely new to Street Fighter managed to unlock them in about and hour doing this.

Also, Seth is pretty tame if you know how to handle him. His aerials are his only overheads so you can crouch and turtle the hell out of him until he throws out something unsafe like the lightning kicks, far standing fierce, or even his super. Depending on your character you can retaliate after these pretty effectively with sweeps, supers, and ultras. Oh, and under no circumstances should you ever jump in on Boss Seth unless you enjoy eating Rekka Shoryus for free.

Mm yeah, I've been using 'very easy' mode (oddly, the computer may fight harder in 'easiest' mode, in my experience) and one round to unlock the others, but then you just have to make sure you get the perfect in the first round; more rounds means more opportunities for perfects. To fight Seth so far I've been trying to make the most of his openings with fierce combos (and Blanka's Electric Thunder is super effective, but he's a bit trickier for me to get perfects with), but dammit if that Atomic Buster ain't a bitch. Seriously, I'm in the middle of a combo.. and indeed, jumping at him when he's not preoccupied with a Dhalsim fierce or Sonic Boom is a bad move. I think I need to try more characters with this, so far I've used Ryu. Ken may help.. still need to clear with Ken..

But I'll try crouching more, thanks for the tips :)

Also, the way the game auto-formats itself for a widescreen is a bit annoying, wanna fix.. wish the game had manual screen adjust

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
hm, I've now noticed that on easiest mode, Seth is markedly easier to take down. Still gotta watch for the teleport>Atomic Buster combination though. Spams it as usual whenever he gets the chance. Does otherwise seem like Rufus in particular tends to fight unusually fervently even at easiest.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Yeah, if Seth starts to spam the teleport command throw combo there isn't much you can do. Just remember, you only need one perfect to fight Akuma and two for Gouken. On easiest that's more than manageable. I'm probably saying this since I'm biased, but try doing it with Bison. getting a perfect that first round is usually pretty easy. Just intelligently spam standing forward or roundhouse the entire time. They're very strong, fast pokes and can keep you a good distance from the opponent. Otherwise just use who you're best with.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Wait.. one perfect for Akuma? I thought I read two for both.. this changes everything.. so much less pressure. I guess just Gouken will be the headache.

I could swear I beat it with Blanka on one perfect the other day though, thought to myself 'if only I got that second one'.. guess I'll try again, maybe I continued

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Yup, to fight Akuma just get one perfect match, no super or ultra finishes and beat the game without continuing. For Gouken, beat the game with Akuma first, get two perfect rounds, three ultra finishes and no continues. This is assuming you're doing one-round matches. Cake.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Oh my God. I just realized how braindead easiest mode really is. The whole game = jump in, roundhouse, low roundhouse. Even Seth. I wasted so much time and got frustrated for nothing. Now I gots Akuma. And Gouken.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Holy sh!t! Everybody...

Watch this now!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
:P

Couple things that bothered me in the actual voices- in English, Ken just goes 'YYEAAAH' with the Tatsumaki sepuu kyaku, and he just doesn't say ''shoryuken'' right, IMO. Right now Balrog is the only one I left on English, probly switch Cammy. Lotsa times I just go with the JP altogether for the voice sfx alone. I wonder they switched JP voice actors? Dhalsim, Bison and Akuma's voices are noticeably different now, they were perfect before.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Yeah, if Seth starts to spam the teleport command throw combo there isn't much you can do.

spam standing jab. It's hilarious how often this will completely shut down the AI, especially against characters with no projectile.

Abel- Like his move set. He also has an awesome Ultra. Seriously, it's practically the Captain Storm. His super is strange though, if it wiffs or is blocked it looks like he was trying to glomp his opponent, but it's not a throw. Some of his moves are a bit of a pain to do with the correct timing on a 360 pad. Also, can you imagine the core strength required for him to do his command throw to Zangief?

C. Viper- She seems to simply not do enough damage. It's weird. She's more annoying than fun to use. Would be hilarious if her thunder grope was a super.

El Fuerte- I don't find him to be in good taste. I also find myself comparing him to El Blaze. El Fuerte is definitely not invincible beyond all imagination.

Rufus- He seems to me like the character designer just got lazy. I see no reason for this guy to be able to be able to what he does.

Seth- Looks really dumb. I would have preferred they make Urien this game's "big bad". Considering that this game is supposed to take place between II and III, it would have been the perfect time for Urien to become the president of the Illuminati. Instead, we get an army of clones to be used as bodies for Bison. I also find "compilation" characters to be really lame. Once again, Capcom has managed to disappoint me with almost laser like precision.

Gouken - Haven't had much time with him yet. His design seems... scatterbrained. His hurricane kick is his anti air, his DP goes forward, his Hadoken needs to be charged in order to do the same amount of damage as the others, and he has way too many moves.

Comboing into Ultras from focus attacks seems like a bit of a design flaw to me. I was dissapointed at the removal of having a selection of supers, but with the ability to combo into them, everyone would just use the one that does the most damage.

At first I thought Abel was going to be my favorite character (more than just his super reminds me of captain commando), but now I'm finding Sagat to be my favorite.

Could they have possibly made Guile's super/ultra harder to do? He's probably be my favorite if it weren't for that (America (f*** Yeah) plays in my head when I look at him). Its part of an overarching problem with this game, in spite of them knowing from day 1 that it was coming to the consoles, they still didn't design the game with the limitations of the regular controllers in mind.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
After playing this for a long time I'm going to add some more opinions. First, I'm going to rate the alternate costumes out of five just for fun. First though, I would like to say I honestly don't think anybody should accept anything in this game's story as canon. It does nothing to link SF2 to SF3 and even manages to f*** up established canon. For example:

-Gouken is not alive. Akuma murdered him and Ryu saw his corpse and assorted bits smeared on the walls.
-Ryu stopped fighting the temptation of the Setsui no Hadou at the end of Alpha 3.
-As glad as I am to see him, Bison was killed by Akuma with the Shun Goku Satsu and the only character to ever survive that attack is Gen, and only just barely.
-Gen's personality and history is a little messed up.
-Why is Guile searching for Charlie? Charlie died in Alpha 3, Guile knows it, and that was his whole motivation to join the tournament in SF2.

I could go on, but I won't. Instead, here is a review of the alternate costumes, (*) being worst, (*****) being best.

Ryu (**)-It's basically his Karategi torn a bit a without a shirt. Kinda bland
Ken (**)-In the gallery you can see concept sketches of unused characters. One of them was a black guy wearing a fur lined black gi with tennis shoes and some gold jewelry. The character didn't make the cut, but his costume became Ken's alt. It would have looked great on the black guy. On Ken it doesn't look very good at all.
Chun-Li (****)-Cool looking dress that shows a lot of leg. Think Ada Wong in Resident Evil 4. It's a pretty cool costume.
Guile (***)-Guile dresses like Charlie Nash. Pretty cool honamge, but would have been better if it gave Guile the hair and glasses too.
Zangief (****)-It makes him look like Mike Haggar which is awesome because the two characters fight pretty much exactly the same. Love this outfit.
E. Honda (***)-It's a more traditional Sumo outfit which is pretty cool.
Blanka (***)-Dressed in safari gear. Humorous, but nothing special.
Dhalsim (*)-In my opinion, this is the worst alternate costume in the whole game. It's basically his default outfit, but with a red sash around his shoulder and waist. It's like no effort was put into it.
Balrog (*****)-Think Apollo Creed from Rocky. Brilliant iade and a great costume.
Vega (****)-He wears knee boots, a colonial looking frilly shirt and avian mask like you'd see at an old masquerade. It totally suits his character and looks pretty good.
Sagat (**)-He's wearing bandages instead of an eyepatch and instead of shorts, he wears some very oddly colored leggings. IT's just weird looking.
M. Bison (*****)-It's his usual outfit but it looks torn to hell like he just rose from the dead or something. Also, his hat is gone and his hair is messed up. This costume is great just because it makes Bison look scary as hell.
Abel (****)-He wears a wrestling singlet which I think fits with his fighting style better than his default outfit.
C. Viper (***)-She's wearing something that looks like a trench coat and now she's showing more stomach. It's okay, but her suit looks better.
Rufus (*)-Oh god. Ladies and Gentlemen, the second worst costume in the game. It's a slightly different jumpsuit, barely different from his original, and now instead of one doofy ponytail, he sports two doofy pigtails. This is the stuff of nightmares. Rufus now looks like an overweight, gay clown.
El Fuerte (***)-A chef outfit. It's in character and looks okay.
Akuma and Gouken (****)-These two have basically the same concept which makes the outfits work, especially sinec the two are brothers. I belive their alts are meant to make them look like Nio and it's pretty cool if you keep this in mind. Akuma's knot makes it looks like he has butterfly wings. :)
Seth (**)-What do you get when you give Seth his suit from the cutscenes and take away the top half? Pants! Seriously, it's just his pants and shoes. It would have been awesome to get the whole suit but I guess the programmers didn't want to cover his abdomen.
Fei-Long (**)-He's wearing a speedo and some weird looking gloves with shoes. There are also some claw scratches on his body. I don't know what to make of this outfit. I want to say it references a Bruce Lee film but I don't know.
Cammy (****)-It has elements of her Killer Bee costume as well as the fur coat she sometimes wears in other media. I like it on the whole.
Sakura (*****)-Capcom pokes fun at SNK again by having Sakura's alt make her look like Yuri from Art of Fighting who like Ryo seemed to borrow a lot from Ryu. I like it a lot.
Rose (*****)-Straight up gypsy outfit. Really cool looking.
Dan (***)-He wears training pads. It's okay, but not great. Give him Robert clothing. XD
Gen (****)-He dresses like a Jiang Shi with a mask. What really makes this costume cool though in my opinion is the mask changes with his stances. I thought that was really cool since they didn't even have to do that.

Stay tuned for voice opinions.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
Are these the day 1 DLC costumes?

Chun-Li (****)-Cool looking dress that shows a lot of leg. Think Ada Wong in Resident Evil 4. It's a pretty cool costume.

This one kind or demonstrated to me how freakish Chun Li's legs have become. They look fine in her regular costume (darker colors make it fade into the background, and thus look smaller), but this one doesn't have that luxury. I've never really been a fan of Chun-Li though, so I don't care too much.

Zangief (****)-It makes him look like Mike Haggar which is awesome because the two characters fight pretty much exactly the same. Love this outfit.

I like this one two, but if this is something I'm paying extra for, I'd rather they went all the way and just made Haggar.

Seth (**)-What do you get when you give Seth his suit from the cutscenes and take away the top half? Pants! Seriously, it's just his pants and shoes. It would have been awesome to get the whole suit but I guess the programmers didn't want to cover his abdomen.

They could have just had his shirt unbuttoned and (if he had one) get rid of his tie.

Fei-Long (**)-He's wearing a speedo and some weird looking gloves with shoes. There are also some claw scratches on his body. I don't know what to make of this outfit. I want to say it references a Bruce Lee film but I don't know.

It's pretty much verbatim from a Bruce Lee movie. IIRC, the guy he was fighting was dressed a bit like Vega (Claw). I know for sure he had a claw like Vega's.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
It's all the alternate costumes. I don't think the arcade had anything beyond what I just listed. In fact, the arcade version wouldn't since a few of the characters are console exclusives.

There are 5 costume packs. They were released in this order I believe on a weekly basis roughly.

Brawler-Abel, Zangief, Honda, Fuerte, Rufus
Femme Fatale-Girls
Shoryuken-Shotos
Shadoloo-Bison, Vega, Sagat, Balrog, Seth
Classic-Guile, Fei-Long, Blanka, Gen, Dhalsim

Femme Fatale is the overall best IMO, but the Shadoloo and Brawler packs aren't too shabby either. The shoto pack was disappointing and Classic is the overall worst I think.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Championship mode? http://kotaku.com/52...gs-new-features

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users