Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

• Please log in to reply
510 replies to this topic

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
More new Ultra http://www.gametrail...er-street/60567

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Cammy's new Ultra is a counter? Interesting. I wonder how useful that'll turn out to be.

More importantly though is after watching that video I think I see how the new Ultra system is going to work and I think DiGi was right on the money about it being like 3rd Strike's Super Arts system. If you look at the gauges they look differently and have roman numerals on them. It looks like you really do pick out your Ultra at the matches start.

This could be a really good thing. Ideally it would allow characters to slightly change their offensive options to suit the match. But at the same time it also seems a little meh. Some characters had such incredibly bad Ultras (Guile, Vega) that unless the existing ones are tweaked a bit there will be no good reason to use anything but the new ones.

Either way I'm interested to see how this will change the tiers since Ultras are such a huge factor in the listing. Also, I love debating tiers. For those who're curious this is the general (rough) concensus. Keep in mind people are a lot more hazy on the console exclusive characters since the Japanese don't play them on a competetive level. Also, pretty much everyone between the top and bottom three are still debatable to some extent.

S: Sagat, Ryu, Akuma
A: Zangief, Viper, Rufus, Balrog, Seth
B: Honda, Chun-Li, Bison, Gen, Cammy, Blanka, Abel, Gouken, Dhalsim, Fei-Long, Ken, Fuerte, Sakura, Guile
C: Vega, Rose, Dan

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Even more new Ultra footage http://www.youtube.c...Y...&feature=iv

Kikosho and Sonic Hurricane return.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Oh...my...GOD!

Psycho Punisher is so beautiful. I mean just look at it! It's an instant headstomp and when he lands it he blows a freakin' hole in the other guy's chest. People are going to think twice about throwing fireballs on him. Words cannot describe. T_T

Also, so jazzed that guile got back his Sonic Hurricane. I always thought that was his best Super/Ultra ever.

I am loving these new Ultras.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
All i can do is cry T______T

So....beautiful~

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ok, so i'm playing this game now. Firstly, i have to say Seth is a complete arsehole. I hate him with burning vigor. Or burning vinegar, whatever burns more.
Seriously, the uppercut-teleport combo just wears thin. Over and over again. He even does it when he's getting up from the floor. Like, no need to even move into a stance. Just up, move, bam. Annoying as hell.

Also, will someone tell me why the endings are all crap? lol
I played through with some of the characters so far. I'm currently going from Ryu at the top and working my way down with each character. I'm up to Abel.
None of the endings answer anything at all. Like, what was up with Balrogs ending? And who's Abel and how does he know the Sonic Boom and what the hell is going on?

I heard the story elements in the game seem kinda broken but i was not expecting it to be this bad. This is like ...Mortal Kombat story level.

Other than that, i'm getting used to it a little now. It certainly feels a lot different from the other Street Fighters, that's for sure.

Also, lol at TRiPPY as she thought the introduction/theme song was a remix of Christina Aguilera 'Stronger' and was impressively convinced of this ...until i turned the game on and we listened to the song together to find it's nothing like said Christina song XD
ladies and gents, my wife.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Just wait until you see Fei-Long's ending. It's one of the most retarded things I've ever seen. And how about that quality animation?Thank goodness we have Udon around so some kind of story from this game.

Seth is an ass but at least he isn't Resurrection lol cheap. Still, that command grab does suck and if he starts to spam it with teleport there isn't much you can do about it. Really all you have to do is crouch block and don't ever go on the offensive. Absolutely never jump in on him. He doesn't have anything to break a crouching guard except jump attacks and he telegraphs those like nut's since he usually jumps off the wall first. Just sit tight, be patient, wait for him to whiff his big stuff and punish hard.

Don't forget to go on the marketplace and download championship mode. It's a better online versus mode than ranked match and it's free.

Oh god, "Stronger". XD

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Yeah Seth pissed me off to an extreme a lot of the time. Just about the easiest fight on regular difficulty I had with him was with Blanka; Electric Thunder boogaloo. He and Gill can go f-- themselves. What I ended up doing to unlock characters was setting the game on easiest and doing a one-two roundhouse combo with Ken the whole game, one round fights. But not until I wasted a bunch of time and energy otherwise.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
At least Gill didn't spam the same move over and over though. There was a bit of variety there in SF3. Still, resurrection was an ass to put up with.

Seth though, his moves just repeat. And the grapples, there's not a lot you can do about it once he grabs you.

This game seems to suffer a lot from grapple spamming. Like, the characters that do grapple over do it. I was El Fuerte playing against Zangief at the end and i swear 'Gief got a perfect on me by continuing to do the pile-driver move over and over again. The second i would get up he would do another one. I got so pissed off i nearly pulled my hair out, literaly.

I dunno if the game is broken or what but it's extremely irritating to have to put up with it.

Still, gonna continue with it. Trying to unlock all the other characters. Only 3 left now. Akuma, Gouken and Seth.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Trust me, the general consensus is that SF4 is the most balanced first game in Street Fighter ever. Definitely not broken. There are ways to get around grabs that are character specific, it'll just take some time and practice. As for Fuerte vs. Zangief, that's just a bad match-up for Fuerte. Zangief is really good in this game in general.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Had a couple of rounds with Zero last night, getting a liking of Fei Long. It could be just me but he seems to have more reach now with that triple-dashing punch move of his. Whenever i played Alpha 3 it didn't go very far but now it seems i'm able to land a hit or two with it should i be out of arms length.

Also, i had an unbelievable amount of run-ins with Kens, Sagats and Ryu's last night. Thank god Zero turned up and gave me something to do rather than be a punching bag to a shoryuken,hadouken,tats-poo-kick continous combo XD

I should really unlock the remaining characters today, actually. Still need to get Seth (as much as i don't want to), Akuma and Gouken.

And really though, what was up with Fei Long's ending? what a load of crap! XD

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Yeah man, good matches. I don't play casual with buddies nearly as often as I like. Just remember... You cannot defy the PANTS! XD

If you're thinking of maining Fei, that's awesome. He's a solid character and you hardly ever see him online. Sadly the Sagat, Ryu, Ken BS never truly goes away but you do start to see a lot less scrubby Kens as you climb the ranks. I'll do some digging for you and send any good Fei tactics that will help you bitchslap those scrubby Kens proper.
Posted Image

Conditions for Akuma and Gouken if I recall correctly are like this. For both you can't lose a match. You also need to beat the game with Akuma before you can unlock Gouken. I'd set the game to easiest with one round matches to make it a breeze.

Akuma-One perfect round, no ultra finishes
Gouken-One perfect round, three ultra finishes and maybe five first attacks.

Seth is worth unlocking. He's fun. He's no Urien but the dude's grown on me. Doesn't hurt his ending is one of the few decent ones. Also, the special movie you can unlock with him and Bison is badass.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I'm hearing an April release for Super SF4. So ..not that far away at all then, eh?

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Yup. I'm hearing April 27th. Still somewhat far away at three months.

On another note, I just saw this. Man it's stuff like this that makes me want to learn Gen. He's just so badass.

Also, when the hell is the remaining roster going to be revealed? I wanna know.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Boxart(?) Word is this is official http://cache.gawker..../500x_super.jpg

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Hey look, a new animated short. With any luck this one won't suck.

Super Street Fighter IV: Gonzo Production

I like Juri more the more I see her. It doesn't hurt that her appearance resembles Jolyne Kujo. Despite that, the fanboyish part of me really wants to see her ass handed to her by Bison. I don't understand the trailer, but she really is looking like a doll, only made by S.I.N instead of Shadoloo.

My alt. for sure.

-Edit- I was looking for videos of Juri in action and discovered one of her Ultras is essentially a custom combo. This has me very, very worried.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Custom combo? As in Alpha 2 style? :)

Also, you know what i REALLY loved about that animation? No Ken. No Ryu. No Akuma. No Sagat. THANK YOU!
I honestly used to really like Ken as a character until i played SF4 online. Now i'm so tired of him. Such a shame ._.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs

I honestly used to really like Ken as a character until i played SF4 online. Now i'm so tired of him. Such a shame ._.

I've never liked Street Fighter. :P

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Custom combo? As in Alpha 2 style? :o

More like Yun's Super Art, but basically yes. See for yourself. It has me worried because Capcom has a history of being unable to make a custom combo engine that isn't broken as hell. Also, look at her actual Ultra meter when she activates it. That's a long f*!*ing combo if it depletes that slowly.

I've never liked Street Fighter. :P

Then what the hell are you doing in here. Get out of here. Go on, get. Shoo, shoo. XD

In all seriousness though, remind me why you never picked it up again.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ah yeah, i totally forgot about Yun's Super Art. I understand Juri's a lot better now. And seeing the bar deplete that slowly will cause a lot of problems.

So, January is finished. February, you reckon they'll release the rest of the cast line-up? XD

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
They damn well better. I really want to see this Hakan guy.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Me too, he better have big eyebrows.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube

In all seriousness though, remind me why you never picked it up again.

I was a Mortal Kombat kid.

Whenever I did play Street Fighter I only picked Blanka and Vega. But since I barely ever played it in my life thats not saying much. I also liked that one guy in the...Alpha games I think (?) he had white hair and apparently always hurt himself. Jack wasn't bad either.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Meeeeh, why must they make us wait so damn long! >____________<

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Is Street Fighter 3's Dudley Coming to Super Street Fighter 4?

Dear god I hope so. I consider Dudley one of the best fighting game characters ever.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Ha, I wish I received awesome packages from Capcom. Maybe we'll finally be able to do Balrog vs. Dudley.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I approve. Dudley is a million times cooler than Balrog. He's so classy!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Someone on that news article has made a comment somewhere down the page and has linked to a screenshot containing Dudley. Is that a hoax or is that real? Because if that's real all i can say is jolly good, time to fight like gentlemen.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Dayum!
Posted Image
I see what you mean DiGi. I almost want to call this confirmation, but you never know. Not official until Capcom says so. It could possibly be a really good photoshop job or somebody on the PC version did one hell of a mod, but I don't think so. There's just too much going on.

-New portrait in the corner
-Name is written in the ink slash format
-Shadow on his model don't look the same as his 3S sprite

Here's hoping, then I'll have a third character to work on.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
O____________O

Dear god let this be true.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube
I THINK it's a hoax...Someone told me that that screen is using the old super bar...So I'm not sure.

I'll most likely buy SSF4 if Ibuki AND Dudley are in it.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Wish..granted.. http://www.shoryuken...irmed-for-SSFIV!

http://www.eventhubs...reet-fighter-4/

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Ibuki = Meh...
Dudley = f*** yeah!
Makoto = Godammit!

Now let's see this Hakan guy. I'm really curious now.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube
Don't care for Makoto. She's pretty generic to me.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ibuki? ....f*** yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Fighters ready, go!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Dudley's section blew my mind. Throwing roses and that awesome remix. Hell, the whole goddamn trailer. I think I had an orgasm. Okay, several :lol: All hail the Dempsey Roll!

However I still think it's criminal that we were denied Elena in lieu of Makoto. Tragic.

Dammit! They are totally teasing us with Hakan. At this point it's not even a rumor list, it's a fact list and everybody is waiting on Hakan. I can't wait because I have no idea what he's going to be like. How do you transfer oil wrestling to a fighting game?

Get on the Dance Floor!!!

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube
Aaaaahhhhh....

Ibuki = LOVE! ^0^

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts