Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How long have you been drawing?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
I have been drawing for about 6 years...So thats about half of my life. What about you guys?

Nyx

Nyx

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
About ten years... And happy to say that I'm still improving!

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
A bout 12..... or more... more thatn half of mine! Isn't drawing fun? The art of the soul.

Amy Rose

Amy Rose

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic the hedgehog, anime, manga, drawing, books, photoshop, j-pop and rock, reading and writing fanfiction, cooking and lots of other stuff....... ^_^
A few years, I have improved a lot, but I still have a veeeeery long way to go! <_<

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
All my life. Past, present and future.

Phantom Rin

Phantom Rin

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
I'd say way WAY back like when I was 5 years old or so. I've usually rely on it better for expressing myself than words do (mostly 'cause I'm inept with words) I don't take it very seriously now though It's more like a hobby really and I'm pursuing a field that's not very art related anyways. I'd still like to dabble a bit with it but, right now I'd say I'm just okay at it.

mackerz

mackerz

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
About 10 years.

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
Hmm, I always thought that the first thing a kid does the first time he gets a pencil and paper was doodle. I'll have to agree with Sai. I've improved by 500 since the last time I posted something real here. I should do that.

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
A long time, over 15 years at least.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Seriously for 8 years. :3

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
all my life really, but I only decided to start drawing seriously about 5-6 years ago

Poly C:

Poly C:

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Since the momment i was strong enough to hold a pencil.

...well the first thing i used was a chalk XD but you know what i mean

Ren&Stimpy was my first inspiration @__@

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Around 23 years or so

Hysteric Polaris

Hysteric Polaris

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Almost 7 years now. I didn't start drawing until freshman year of high school when I realized that the teachers could confiscate my fanfiction, but couldn't confiscate doodles if they were in my notes. <3

Chlorine

Chlorine

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:moon
started drawing in 2005 when i got into nights (i wont even show people my art from back then because it is so embarrassingly bad)

Hime Blue

Hime Blue

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just...<br /><br />don't ask and it might be better for you. Might be better not to know...
Ever since I was very very little. I got into seriously drawing way back in grade 7 (so what... 2005? That's about 3 years agoish).

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
I have been drawing for about 5 or 6 years. But I am quitting now. I might draw from time to time, but its not really my passion. College has showed me that.

Shift

Shift

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Megaman, NiGHTS(duh), Oddworld, the mother series, Languages, and other things.
ever since i was little. jeez, i'v been doing it for so long(Granted i only only did it regularly for 4 or 5 years and then i got out of the habit for awhile and got back into it onlt to get out of it again and just recently get back into it last year.) and i still suck! XD

Zoe

Zoe

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
I've been drawing all my life, and plan to carry on doing so (I'm 18, if you're wondering). My sketchbook goes everywhere with me. :)

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
My dream job when I was five years old was to be a painter, so.. yeah, all my life. XD I've only done it seriously for the past seven years though.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
I don't even remember the time I DIDN'T draw...

Saphira

Saphira

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Her Music:<br />Boys like Girls, Secondhand Serenade, Flyleaf, Silverstien, All time low, CASCADA, Rihanna, Paramore, Linkin Park, Evanescence, M.I.A, Anberlin, Family Force 5<br /><br />Her Hobbies:<br />Drawing, Wii, music, hanging with friends, texting, IMing, writing songs, sewing<br /><br />Random:<br />I really love the smell of gasoline, vanilla, new cars, model homes, pickles, and plastic. <br />I'm really random.
Hmm... I've been drawing for about two years now. Not too long, but I'm impressed with the looks of my drawings, and I'm sure I'll get better over time.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Hmmm since i was about 6. It's always been something i just done even when i had other dreams or ambitions. I'm only really taking it seriously thesedays.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Since I realized I could draw pokemon; I had a horrible time trying to draw anything (and had no confidence in my ability to draw because of it) until I started doodling Pikachu. XDDD I haven't been drawing a lot recently, and I've probably never drawn as much as other people who say they like to draw, but that's because I'm a perfectionist who's afraid to try unless some ungodly amount of inspiration smacks her in the face. XDDD But, yes, anyway; that puts me in middle school as starting to draw, but I never really drew as fanatically as people who can truly call themselves artists. ^^;;;;

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Forever. Trust me. As soon as I was old enough to know the difference between coloring with the crayon or eating it, I was drawing. My drawings evolved from stick figures to stick figures moving stick refrigerators (the handles of which I was very proud of for a five year old) to skinny slightly non sticky peoplez to this: http://i207.photobuc...eeeeeedious.jpg

Ignore the camera glare plz

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
That's what amazes me about this comuntiy. The art. Amazing.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
My art looks like crapola, actually..... Not very good..... I NEEDS TO GET BETTERZ GRR

TwaLiGHT

TwaLiGHT

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, VGames, drawing, Anime, colours of blue and yellow and so on.
Well... I've been drawing for more than 15 years, and I'm still going xD;;. Heheh

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...
I've been drawing for about 8 years...and still going...

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I'm gonna move this to the community corner, since its more of a general discussion than anything.

Also, I don't remember. I've been told by my father (who couldn't get me to stop drawing on the wall in the hallway) that I've been drawing since I could hold something in my hand. (I'm 24 now) Not that it could have possibly been any good. XD I remember actually <i>trying</i> when I was around 4, when I would draw stuff from my Dad's Zelda instruction booklet on the walls.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
I started drawing in...2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade..I duno really remember. I started with stick-figure dragons and dinos. xD

Diogothedreamer

Diogothedreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid gamer but also enjoy all kinds of other hobbies such as going out to museums,events and such. As it is currently Winter it means hibernating in house rather than going out a lot. <br /><br /> I should also mention that growing up playing on SEGa systems it is now my favorite game company in the whole world. The games developed by it always inspire me a lot and remind me of all those games many years ago such as Nights that I have many fond memories of. <br /><br />I also am really creative and tend to do all kinds of art such as drawings,painting and such. However, lately I have focused more on my computing course so have not done much. :)
I remember starting drawing really early when I was about 5 or 6 in primary school. At the time Dragon Ball was really popular and I was a huge fan so it even got to the point that I drew characters in action and sold the drawings for money at school. :o

I dont know how my teeth didn't fall out from all the sweets I got with the money... which might explain why I cant stand eating any for years now. :P

I love drawing and all kinds of arts even if I am still mostly old school by which I mean never having used one of those drawing tablets and sticking to pencil, brushes and the likes. :)

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
Ah, jeez. The first time I ever really put any EFFORT into art was in the third grade. Our assignment? Draw our own Pokémon using the Japanese Card Format. Yeah. Happy Days. The Art teacher even brought in an Episode of Pokémon to WATCH. XD I can't remember what the thing I drew even looked like, but I suspect it was pretty awful.
After that, I'd have to say that I started bringing notebooks and crayons to Church so I didn't fall asleep during the sermon. After that, I graduated to a scrapbook and a twelve-pack of colored pencils. And after THAT, about two years ago (I'm seventeen now.) I graduated to an actual art book with a 72-pack of colored pencils. I still bring that to church today. XD I don't know why. Probably habit. I hardly ever use color anymore anyway. XD In fact, I hardly ever draw during church anymore, because I'm too busy running the PowerPoint and recording the Sermon. But I still bring it, on the offchance someone else takes it over that week.
Over that time, I've gotten 100-fold better. I look back on some bits of art that I used to be really proud of a few years ago, that I pinned up on this cork board I've got hanging next to my bed, and I think 'Was I really that awful?!' XD

venomnights15

venomnights15

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
I don't know I been back forth with so long I can't tell when I started. I do calligraphy artwork you know scrolls that require some drawing. simple I do fine complicated well not so much

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
I've been somewhat of an artist all my life. Although none of my art teachers ever liked any of my work.

Cerulean Lee

Cerulean Lee

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I've drawn a picture here or there for a long time - the first time I remember trying to improve my art was in third or fourth grade. We were given a sheet full of cartoon facial expressions and I tried applying them to a comic. I started anime style after I got into Sailor Moon, 1995 or 1996. I actually still have a couple of the comics I drew in 1996.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
2, 3 years?

I thought this said 'How long have you been drinking?' for a second. XD;; !

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

I've been somewhat of an artist all my life. Although none of my art teachers ever liked any of my work.

I got Fs in most of my art classes because they thought I was "wasting my talent on cartoons".

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
I've drawn all my life, but started regularly drawing to improve my talent in the fourth grade...so...8 years, roughly.

I got Fs in most of my art classes because they thought I was "wasting my talent on cartoons".

But cartoons are one of the most successful ways to use artistic talent, in terms of gaining popularity and, most importantly, money...Artistic kids are few and far between where I live, so any interest in any kind of art is praised and nurtured by our art teachers, exception being--ironically--Drawing (class) teachers, who emphasize on realism and still life--and precisely the reason why I won't take that class.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

Realism and Cartooning are equally works of art :\. I remember that our art teacher even hailed Anime (Japanimation, as she called it :)), as 'a style of art'... while one of my friends' moms yelled at her that it wasn't just a style/way of drawing xD;.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users