Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Revelations

• Please log in to reply
494 replies to this topic

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
"I'm sorry, Engel...."

"No, God, why are you doing this?!"

Engel and an orange-haired, green-eyed teen stood on a cliff. In the recent past, this teen was known as Stephen. As this story is told, he was about 5' 10", and looked as if he played sports. He wasn't heavy, but he had some semblance of muscle. He dreamed up a girl. This girl's name was Engel. She wore a blue corset and skirt, along with yellow pants, a yellow vest, yellow gloves, and winged sandals with yellow socks. Everything Engel ever knew revolved around Stephen, and when she next would see him.

But then something went wrong.

Stephen's mother became ill with leukemia, and he stayed awake for nights on end, to watch over her. He hadn't returned to Nightopia for three years. His mother finally died in her bed. Her last words were, " Stephen, my baby, my only son, please promise me you'll always follow your dreams no matter what. Can you do that for me, my baby?"

"Mom, please don't go! No!"

He was 12 when he left, and 15 when he finally returned.

His DreamScape, once a beautful, lush park, with green grass and green trees from which fell large, delicious apples, now lay a ruined wasteland. The grass was dead, once green, it now lay a brittle gray-brown color. The trees were bare, well, what trees were left. Tumbleweeds roamed free.

And now Stephen stood on the tallest cliff, overlooking the desolate, barren stretch of earth. Engel floated behind him, her golden hair continually falling with golden coins about the size of a silver dollar. She wore a classic jester-styled hat in her prominent colors of blue and yellow.

"Stephen, why are you doing this?" Engel repeated desperately, her striking emerald eyes showing pain. She was a beautiful girl, and sadly, even more beautiful when she cried. Her eyes looked like cheap emeralds that had been exposed to high levels of radiation.

"I've grown up, Engel. I'm older now, and I see that I can't keep living inside a dream. I have to make those dreams come true in reality. I'm sorry."

"But why? Why make them true out there when you could live them here? I love you so much; why won't you stay here with me?"

"I've already said I'm sorry, Engel. I don't know what else you want me to say. Goodbye."

With that, Stephen walked away, leaving Engel in tears. A flash of gold, unnoticed by her (as it's quite difficult to see your own eyeballs you see), flashed in her eyes. A golden streak of pain.

Stephen, now out of reach of Engel's vision, took one last look at the desolate patch of wasteland that his beautiful, lush DreamScape used to be. As he reached for the knob of the Door that would take him back home, something large and black swooped down to capture him.

"Ahh! Help! Somebody!"

Engel heard the sound but was too distraught to fly. She laid helpless as her Dreamer was carried off by a large beast.

Would they kill him? Would they hurt him? Only time would tell, but Engel knew better than to face a Nightmaren alone. She herself was a Maren.

Engel was created truly by Wizeman as a replacement for someone called "NiGHTS", she was told. But Jackle was left in charge of watching the spell as it progressed. He fell asleep and the spell went awry. After her escape, she was banished from Nightmare. That's when Stephen appeared to her in his dreams. He had Dreamed of her.

But now what was to happen? Stephen was gone, dragged away to Wizeman-knows-where, and Engel was left alone on a cliff, the part-shade of a dead tree offering her little protection from the dreaded heat.

And then she fainted, alone in the darkness.

Or was she?

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
A 19-year old boy with black, straight hair down to the middle of his back stared as his bed apprehensively in what one might call "Reality". He hated dreaming. No, he loathed dreaming beyond all else. It was empty. There was nothing but an endless abyss of darkness. No life. No light. Nothing. He had read books about people who wrote about their dreams, and there were always four words that showed in every last one.

"Wizeman".

"Nightopia".

"Ideya".

"NiGHTS".

According to the books he had read, Nightopia was a paradise created by the Ideya, or "light of the heart". There were apparently five Ideya, one each in red, blue, white, yellow, and green. Each Ideya represented a virtue that was vital to the heart, and as such, also vital to one's survival in reality.

But also according to these books, the "Night Dimension" was also reality. It was, simply put, a world of dreams. It did truly exist, but humans were mere Visitors, as those native to the Night Dimension would call them.

The boy glared at his bed again, his blue eyes seemingly able to pierce even the darkest soul... Little did he know.

"Well, no point in wasting my energy glaring at an inanimate object. I may as well just get this over with," he said quietly. He laid down in bed and fell asleep, expecting to return to the black hole known as his dream.

Indeed... Little did he know, a great adventure awaited him...

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
And while all this was happening,Nyclone,a maren created for the same perpose as Engel,was lurking in the shadows."D' arvit!"which was an Italian word similar to English,was the middle finger.Nyclone walked up to Engel."I'll slay Wizeman if it's the last thing I do!" he swore.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
"I-I thought I was alone up here..... Have you come to taunt me for my foolishness?" She asked, turning her head away from the Maren, so as he could not see her tears.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Grape, a girl that looked about 21, floated. She had 2 blue bangs, purple hair, Large rainbow beads, a blue halo with a slit in the middle and 2 deep, purple eyes. She wore a purple corset, blue fingerless gloves, a blue and red skirt with red tights under, and silver boots with purple tips. She also had small angel wings and a purple devil tail. "Damn...another wasteland..." Grape hated it when dreamers abandoned their world. She knew Wizeman would take over this one, and make Nightmare larger. She sighed.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
"No,I came here to help settle your recent vendetta with Wizeman" said Nyclone,creating his trademark Ele-orb.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
"Who says I have a vendetta? I escaped from him, and now I'm not going back there even if my life depended on it. My Dreamer is gone, what use do I have now?" Engel placed her head in her hands and began to sob loudly.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"crying will never save your dreamer!I'll never forgive him for taking your dreamer and placing that bloody curse on me!" "we must man up and fight!"

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
"I'm not good enough to fight Wizeman! I'm just one Maren! I can barely lift myself off the ground, how am I supposed to face a bloody God?" She cried.

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
The boy opened his eyes and found himself standing at a gate. He looked around, and found that this gate was on some sort of floating island, all around which was apparently a vortex of darkness. Beyond the gate was a fountain, and several doors were placed in a circle around it. The problem was that the doors were all just that. They didn't seem to lead anywhere but to the other side, and in that case, the boy could simply walk around the door.

"Kind of bland, but a welcoming change regardless," he mused quietly.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Engel's head snapped up. "I sense a Dreamer. He's beyond the Door. Beyond us all." She said quietly.

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
At the same moment, the boy's eyes quickly darted to one of the doors. Incidentally, this was the Door beyond which laid the aforementioned wasteland.

"Life...?"

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"I sense him too,and on the whole 'Wizeman' subject,I'll fight him with you."

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
"I just told you I'm not good enough! I'm so weak! I couldn't even keep my Dreamer from falling. And now look at me. I'm just a girl, you know!" Engel cried, still feeling sorry for herself.

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
The boy walked swiftly to the aforementioned Door and opened it. To his mild surprise, a wasteland lay beyond. And yet he had sensed life here.

Walking through the Door and letting it close behind him, his eyes quickly found what appeared to be a pair of Night Dimension natives. Swift as always, he walked directly toward them. He noticed one of them was distraught, a girl.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
"The Dreamer approaches, you know." Engel said quietly, turning her head away from anyone who could look at her tears.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"You're more than a girl,you're a maren.and any maren,with a little help,can bring down Wizeman. I refuse to wach him take over nightopia and not do anything about it!" said Nyclone his blue crystal in is chest glowing,eyes losing pupils and electricity coming from them,and all four jesters shooting straight up."Oh,hello visitor.we were just disscussing..a loss."

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Engel stood up shakily. "What's your name, Visitor?" she asked.

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
This "Dreamer" was faster than apparently normally expected. He was already within five feet of the girl who just spoke. He was able to dodge the lightning as well.

"I see endless pain within you," he stated simply and quietly. "Tears are a natural result, not a sign of weakness. Fear not what others would believe if they saw you. As for my name...I have forgotten it."

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
"Your words are strong, Visitor. But please excuse me if I am skeptical of their value." Engel said quietly. "For you see, the endless pain you sense is caused by a betrayal of the worst kind, and now I feel distrustful." Engel explained in a "proper" way of speaking, something she had picked up when she was forced to speak to Wizeman in a similar tone.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
*chuckles*"You forgot your name?"

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
"It is not uncommon for a Visitor who has experienced sadness in life to lose themselves in Dreams." Engel chastised the other Maren beside her.

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
The boy simply glared at the lightning-elemental, and that alone was a force to be reckoned with. He then turned back to the girl.

"I, too, have lost much in my life. My dreams, until now, were part of my losses. Why is it that I can now enter Nightopia when formerly there was nothing but an endless abyss of black?"

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
"I'm sure I don't know. Perhaps an anomaly?" Engel suggested. "Whatever the case, you're here, and you might as well make the best of it. I am Engel." Engel said.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"And im Nyclone.and it's because,you see it as an endless abyss of black.oh,and Engel,sorry,It's been a looong time since I saw a Visitor."

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
"Well learn to be more courteous. Just because he comes from somewhere else does not make him immune to emotion." Engel chastised again. "Please excuse him." Engel said.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"Sorry,have to get better about that..." "Where do you come from,visitor?"

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
The boy was starting to like Engel and dislike Nyclone. He nodded to Engel.

"I come from too many places to list. I travel everywhere," he said simply. "I guess I now come from that Door over there, if you want something recent."

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
"Why do you normally dream of a black abyss? Is something in your life not right?" Engel asked.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"Maybe Diskue could help..."

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
"Stephen could help as well. If he were here. He is the reason I'm crying. He left me and was attacked before he could leave. I don't know what becomes of him now." Engel said, beginning to cry once again.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"Although Diske is in the waking,I can call him.sound good?"

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
"How do you do that? Just send him a page and he falls asleep on the spot? I don't think it works that way." Engel said skeptically.

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
The boy just looked from Engel to Nyclone and back as they spoke. For some reason, he felt he had to do this with only one person, and this Diske person was not the chosen person.

"If you don't mind, I'll travel with Engel," he said quietly.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"We have a sort of...teleknesis that allows us to communicate,as if we share a soul..."Said Nyclone,already searching for Diske's soul"Very well,but if I can be of assistance,please call."

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
"If I may ask, did you know anyone named Stephen in the waking world? Red hair, green eyes, tall, kind of big? He was my Dreamer, my lover, and my closest friend. He left me. I was wondering if you knew him. Possibly, he might come back." Engel asked shyly, casting her gaze to the roots of the dead tree next to her.

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
The boy first addressed Nyclone. "You mean telepathy."

He then addressed Engel. "Stephen...I know of him, but I can't say for sure if he knows of me. His mother was terminally ill, and she passed on recently. Was this his Nightopia?"

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"I was created to find Visitors,and I shall try to contact him.when i contact him,you may be able to talk to him instead of me."And with that said,Nyclone's four,rainforest-green jesters pointed straight forward.He looked at the sky and rotated his head as if he were a satellite."He seems to be in Night Terror.This could be a bit difficult." "oh,and sadly,yes,it was His Nightopia..."

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
The Visitor nodded sadly. "That explains much..."

He thought for a moment, then turned to Engel. "I may be able to get him to return. However, it will not be easy. I suspect he's trapped in Nightmare, and if that's the case, Wizeman's grip on him will only grow tighter, until his mind collapses into fear and despair.

And if that happens...he will be gone forever. He will become a slave to sorrow and doubt, ever fearful, recognizing not even those he loves."

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
"Oh.... Well, alright then...." Engel said sadly. She had so hoped Stephen would come back to her. Something else clicked in her brain. "You knew of him? Yes, you are correct. His mother died of leukemia a while ago. Did he go to school with you or something? I have heard Stephen saying something about 'school'." Engel said.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users