Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic and the Secret Rings

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
It's like the controls were made for super-geniuses. Or people with more attention span than me. If you push the remote forward, the game thinks you're moving back. If you get hit, it takes forever to get up to speed again, which sucks in that level where you're being chased by &#$%&#ing DINOSAURS. And our little blue rat friend has some sort of serious aversion to turning corners properly. I'm getting really F(*#*^#% off with this game, luckily I just rented it rather than bought it because I'm not loving it. Any agreers? Disagreers?

Asil Eiram

Asil Eiram

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I actually rather enjoyed the game; the controls were a bit shaky, but nothing too terrible. What killed me the most was the level designs. There's one level where it's raining and dark, and you have to get Sonic to jump on the tiniest little box floating around randomly in the water. I died so many times trying to get on that tiny little box... Drove me insane.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
XD Early on, it is a pain in the a**. However, as you unlock upgrades and get more used to the controls, you'll start complaining that it's going too fast. XD It's the story that annoys me, although the ending FMV was kinda awesome. XD Sonic knew he was in total control. XD

Moto

Moto

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Videogames basically :P
I love the controls of that game.... granted the Jump dash thing Screwed me up more than a few times (still does ^_^) but yeah it takes some real getting used to, there is the annoying habit tilting the controller forward too much in a desperate attempt to move faster, you actually move backwards
Hopefully the future of Gaming will follow JoD's example and let the player deside

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
That game takes a LOT of practice. It annoyed the crap out of me. That and there are just points that are insaine hard. The Ifirit battle drove me mad because you are going around in a circle and on a side point of view most of the time. YEt the controls are functioning as though you are right behind Sonic. Dear god it was harder to fight that boss than the very final one. (I actually got a gold on the very LAST fight. Not semi to final fight. That was hard due to the side point of view thing again. )

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Man, the thing that kind of ticked me off was the fact that they put decent controls in the game, but they come as equipment upgrades. In games, you should not have to earn good controls. I rented the game, and liked it, but there were too many levels that were ridiculously punishing, especially that ship. I loved the first mission (the run-through) for each, but really hated some of the other missions, especially the "do not kill any enemies" ones. And the djinn races.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
The charge-up jump killed it for me. Why couldn't they just make it like every other sonic game worth mentioning, and make him fly higher by holding the button down longer? if it was for the sake of the little quicky hop, then you could make one type of jump the 1 button, the other type the 2 button, and stop using the d-pad.

And homing attacks seem unreliable, in spite of the the lock on cursor. But I loved the scene where the king/ eggman was falling from the bird, and Sonic saves him. Never has less effort been put into saving someone's life.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~

Never has less effort been put into saving someone's life.

Well, isn't that the truth. Ha!

Well I'm glad that some people agree that the controls are a bit... um... how do I put this without making a string of curses 45 miles long? f#*&%^ ridiculous.

Sk8teland85

Sk8teland85

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
I don't have many problems with it although I can see where you are coming from.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
It seems like I have trouble with Sonic games. All the way back to the very first one. Every single Sonic game that's ever been played I have some sort of trouble with. *sigh* It's a curse, I'm afraid.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
more like "the controls are made for very patient people". I like the game though. ITs not my FAVORITE Sonic or anything but its fun.
Although, like niGHTS JOD, it has its down moments of frustration and bad design.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
I'm only in the Dinosaur Jungle area! DX

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />

I'm only in the Dinosaur Jungle area! DX

well I HATED that level so I can understand your frustrations fully.
I like all other levels though.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
DX Oy...... Well at least I know this game pisses other people off too. XD

Amy Rose

Amy Rose

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic the hedgehog, anime, manga, drawing, books, photoshop, j-pop and rock, reading and writing fanfiction, cooking and lots of other stuff....... ^_^
I'm not a fan of this game, the controls are very awkward for me and the story wasn't anything to write home about.
I hated going backwards too, the camera was ridiculous in those bits....(unless it's just me being rubbish at it)
Only reason I haven't traded it in is 'cos my daughter likes it (she's 6 and she's really good at it) *sighs* :(

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
How can it be that a six-year-old is better than an adult at playing this? I don't know. *sighs all emo-like*

Amy Rose

Amy Rose

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic the hedgehog, anime, manga, drawing, books, photoshop, j-pop and rock, reading and writing fanfiction, cooking and lots of other stuff....... ^_^

How can it be that a six-year-old is better than an adult at playing this? I don't know. *sighs all emo-like*

Aimee really likes the game and plays it often, I'm not really keen on it, so that's probably why.
With all the other games we play together, I do the hard bits for her, so it's not a typical thing ^_^

Also, she rocks at games! ^_^

Jester

Jester

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
The game was very frustrating however when you beat you were like " YEAH!!!! " It was a good game, still needed work but it was good.

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
The only hard part for me was the Rocket Boost to start with. I blitzed through everything else.
Spoiler

I guess you're just cursed with anti-Sonic syndrome.

Oh, and he's a hedgehog, not a rat.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
I KNOW he's a hedgehog but I'm so pissed off what else am I gonna call him?

*looks in spoilers cause I'm a spoiler %$£!*

Spoiler

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
Spoiler

Amy Rose

Amy Rose

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
Darkspine Sonic looks like a commercial for sportswear.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users