Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SuperPians

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Ok, to start off with, a quote.

NiGHTSintoDreams.com: For gamers who played NiGHTS into Dreams obsessively, you could unlock rare Nightopians called King or Superpians. Will there be any rare Nightopians in Journey of Dreams?
Takashi Iizuka: In the My Dreams section of the game it is possible to mix Nightopians with the Marens (baddies) to create new creatures.
There will also be Superpians.

Straight from the Horses mouth. Prepare for the SuperPian hunt 2.0

Now, I've been trying to achieve one since I started messing around in My Dream, and just there the now, I believe I came one step closer to achieving it.

Posted Image

(Image curtesy of nightsintodreams.fr)

This, is a diagram of how to achieve a Super Pian in the original NiGHTS into Dreams. Basically, you need 2 Mepians, each with only 1 Maren characteristic, and each being different from the other. When they breed, there's a 25% chance that a Super will Pop his head out.

I took this, and tested it on JoD. After a while, I lost hope. Even with the right conditions, I was only getting direct copys of either parent. Then, just there, I got a normal Nightopian. With no Maren characteristics at all. It was bred from a Mepian with Seapos' wings, and a Mepian with the Seagull Maren's arms.

What does this mean ? Who knows. But it might be significant. Then again, it might be complete BS. Still, they exist, and we need to find them.

I present you now with this.

Posted Image

It came from the JoD Japanese strategy guide, and it's in the A-life section. I can't translate it, but It might offer some insight, or might just talk about Mepians in general. But still, a translation would be very helpfull.

So, anybody got anything ?

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
I tried the same thing as you, with the breeding, with no luck. I did get a couple plain pians, though, like you did. Maybe the breeding setup in this game's a bit different.

Anyway, I'm at a loss for what to do. Maybe if we can get that thing translated we'll have another clue. x_x

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
Well, just from looking at that page, I'm pretty sure the title of the Blue Bubble is "Nightopian", it's the same as a few other things on the pages. The last few characters of the red bubble are the same as the Blue one, which leads me to believe it says "Mepian".

Now, what happens when you breed a Mepian and Nightopian ? Either it's just saying something crap, or something worthwhile. But notice the heading of the Purple box also has the last couple of characters in common with the rest, which makes me thing its "Something-pian". So that's why I think it's relevent.

I also just got my first bred Mepian that shared both Maren parts, so thats 4 different outcomes thusfar.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
After looking at Wikipedia's katakana entry and matching up the syllables, it looks like that graphic just shows Nightopian + Nightmaren = Mepian... so, I guess it's a false lead. X(

ナイトピアン + ナイトメアン = メピアン
na-i-to-pi-a-n + na-i-to-me-a-n = me-pi-a-n

I don't actually know Japanese, though.

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
Oh.

: (

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Sooo... we got nothin' I guess. *twiddles thumbs*

Anyone got any ideas?

I guess there's always experimentation... XD *dons lab coat & grabs a scalpel*

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~

*dons lab coat & grabs a scalpel*

Test tube babies! :)

Cruithne

Cruithne

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Hmmm...

Is it possible to crossbreed every type of mepian?

Maybe that's it. *shrugs*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I'm presuming this is what the crown symbol in the journal is for at My Dream?

Cruithne

Cruithne

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Probably. .-.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Either that or if your pians get to be King of Disco. XD

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
*debates wheter or not to take the plunge into the insanity of this...AGAIN!* UGh....I guess I will work on this more a little later this week then.

1st step...Kill half my pians so the few damn mepians I have actually start to breed. Wow...that sounds a bit harsh when I put it that way. I have several mepians with just mepian wings, and one mepian with just a mepian head. So who knows how long this will take before it actually works. Get to work guys! The Superpian race is on!

Cruithne

Cruithne

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
When I finally get the internet connection set up, you can have a few of my moths and fish. >_>

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
*sighs at the fact I'm not allowed to play Wii on weekdays*

Lost in Dream

Lost in Dream

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:The Panzer Dragoon Series, Legend of Zelda, NiGHTS, running around as a pirate on the beach
Well I have been slowly purifying my dream.

This is what I have done so far.
I have a clan of Scorpian wing meeps.
I have started building fish arm meeps.
I am also working on eel meeps and seagull meeps.

I have pretty much removed any thing else except the pians.

Aroxys

Aroxys

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

*sighs at the fact I'm not allowed to play Wii on weekdays*

Well, on weekends I can spare a few more mepians to save some effort in that regard.
(I have at least 70% mepians in my garden now. Now I've learned I'm doin' it wrogn. >_<)

Tamika

Tamika

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:I'm really into anime and video games, but my hobbies are arts and crafts.
I just gotta add this to the insanity of inbreeding:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/031027.jpg

I've noticed I have some nightopians with green suits, does that have any significance?

Crazynightfan

Crazynightfan

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdHZHcTx1lE

OMG...I can't believe it is in the game Nice job Jof.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
Amen!

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I gotta get it NOW. ;_;

Cruithne

Cruithne

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
So, Jof.

Did you get the Superpian by cross-breding all the different mepians? =D

If not, then how? .-.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
I really don't think this section would be open still if we had a clue.

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
Actually, we do have a clue. I believe the only way to get a SuperPian is by breeding 2 Mepians. But the most important thing to remember is that each mepian needs to only have 1 maren trait, and each mepian's trait needs to be different from the other.

So a Mepian with Seapo arms + a mepian with Seapo arms = NO NO NO.

A mepian with Seapo arms + a mepian with Seapo head = NO NO NO

A mepian with Seapo arms + a mepian with Deworm head = Good to go !

But still, theres a very small percentage of them producing a Super, so it's very much down to luck.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
We've got the matchups, all we need is the percentage amount of getting a super.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Does it matter at all if a mepian has star dust trailing behind him?? Or is that completely unrelated to breeding SuperPians and it means nothing at all??

Lost in Dream

Lost in Dream

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:The Panzer Dragoon Series, Legend of Zelda, NiGHTS, running around as a pirate on the beach
Yeah the startrail started happening to mine just randomly. I really dont know the significance. I would like to know if I have to filter them out.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Supposedly it's a sign it's related to the Goodle...

Lost in Dream

Lost in Dream

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Mmmm hmmm... so I should filter.

Well that sucks. Might save one in the circle cause they are kinda cool.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
I guess as long as it only has 1 maren trait it should be alright for a Super.

It's weird though, I have 2 mepians that are identical in traits but only 1 has the startrail. I would have thought that each of them would have the startrail???

Lost in Dream

Lost in Dream

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I don't think the startrail has to do with goodle ancestry. Hoco one of my fish arm meeps had a star trail and while I was "cleansing the pack" he stopped having a startrail. Any other possibilities about the startrail?

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Well, there was a suspicion that if your pians have bonded with you they will, but my pians despise me, and they do it...so I don't think that's the case...but that's something for the "My Dream Discoveries" section...

Phantom Rin

Phantom Rin

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
I seriously don't get the sparkly trail either. It seems that some me/pians that don't have it could gain it or lose it if it has any. The thing that seems to be against it being from a goodle is those mepian eggs that randomly appear from only a nightmaren 'cause they might still develop that star trail. Not sure about the thing about it liking you as I think I've also seen it on some that didn't exactly like me much.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
But, back on the topic.

SuperPian

SuperPian

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Could you post a picture of it.

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

Could you post a picture of it.

Pictures can be found here
and a video can be found here

But, back on the topic.

Nyclone, don't backseat Mod, k ? Especially when your post itself isn't even contributing to the topic.

Lost in Dream

Lost in Dream

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Well I have a fish arm clan, a seapo head clan, a Murtle body clan, and a seagull wing clan....
so it should be just a matter of time granted I catch no more and I filter out the mixbloods.

::NiGHTS::lover

::NiGHTS::lover

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic the Hedgehog games, NiGHTS, Pokemon games, NiGHTS, KH2, ferrets, cats, dogs, NiGHTS, Reala, Jackle...
I have like two or three species of Superpians. I have two of the type in which they're mixed with those flying bee-looking things on the Neon City stage (I have no idea what the bad-guys' names are. Figures, since I haven't been a fan of NiGHTS for a long time before last year). A couple in which they have paintbrush hands and feet, and a couple who have just paintbrush hands. It's cute how their reactions are different from a regular Nightopian. :)

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Pictures can be found here
and a video can be found here

Nyclone, don't backseat Mod, k ? Especially when your post itself isn't even contributing to the topic.

Hey, just trying to help...but good point. >_<

Lost in Dream

Lost in Dream

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Alright it is confirmed.

Posted Image

I have gotten a Superpian. This means make My Dream only Meeps with one attribute and from different Marens and different parts and wait.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
I thought I would share some screen captures and a video of my SuperPian.

Picture of the Egg

Picture of the King

Picture of the statue

Video on YouTube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users