Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your Marens in your Dreams...

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
AS I am realitivly new to NIGHTS in general, I was wondering, if TORiAS has been showing up in my dreams every night for the past year, what does it mean?
SOme of you are experienced with Maren, but I ... well... not so much.
PLEAS help!

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D

AS I am realitivly new to NIGHTS in general, I was wondering, if TORiAS has been showing up in my dreams every night for the past year, what does it mean?
SOme of you are experienced with Maren, but I ... well... not so much.
PLEAS help!

It means that your inner TORiAS has been trying to contact you.If in your dreams long enough,try getting lucid beforehand and try talking to him.that may help with your little problem.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
I'm going to assume that TORiAS doubles as your muse. Have you been creative at all recently? Like drawing/writing/etc/? If you haven't, your mind is probably trying to tell you to get back up-and-running again. If you have been drawing/writing/etc recently..Then I dunno.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
Thanks, both good pieces of advice, which I will take into account before going to sleep tonight.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
Good! ^_^

Guest_Scapegoat_*

Guest_Scapegoat_*
  • Guests
I'm sorry, but... "TORiAS?" What's that?

Phantom Rin

Phantom Rin

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

I'm sorry, but... "TORiAS?" What's that?

I think that's her fanmaren and/or muse. I'm not completely sure myself.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
TORiAS is my fanmaren/muse. Yes, he's very interesting. He insults me... but he's cool.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
So, have you tried the methods?

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Maybe it means you are thinking about it too much. I tend to dream about things I think too much about. But thats not always the case. Their is probably a very hiddon meaning behind it, but that is something you may need to figure out yourself or describe it to us in more detail. We need to know what he/she was doing. What else was happening in the dream. Details like that. We can only interprit so much. A lot only you can find out because you know yourself far better than we ever could.

But I am no expert so don't just take my advise........its just what I think and believe.

Chlorine

Chlorine

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:moon
maren most usually are interested in dreamers as a source of energy. there is no such thing as a maren who genuinely wants to help a human, as humans are considered lower than even the wildlife in nightmare. if a maren is being overly friendly with you it wants to use your energy. this might seem beneficial to you but in the long run it is a regrettable decision to befriend any such creature. but hey, if you want to sacrifice your soul for the possibility of having an imaginary friend, by all means let the maren into your heart.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

there is no such thing as a maren who genuinely wants to help a human

... *points to our purple friend*.

XD; There are a few maren that like to help humans. Mine does... but he's not friendly like NiGHTS is. He only helps who he wants to, and/or those he has befriended.

That, and he kinda likes to pretend he's not a nightmaren sometimes.

Hey, marens are different to everyone o3o.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

... *points to our purple friend*.

XD; There are a few maren that like to help humans. Mine does... but he's not friendly like NiGHTS is. He only helps who he wants to, and/or those he has befriended.

That, and he kinda likes to pretend he's not a nightmaren sometimes.

Hey, marens are different to everyone o3o.

We're talking about nightmaren, not roll-play fanmaren, right?

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music

I think so, cause I don't think referring to a maren by "mine" as if owned by someone would be very nice lol, unless it were a pet, that would be cool XD

But I mean, it could be that if you're lucid and are in control, you would like to have a nice Maren to befriend, thats possible too I suppose, but I never really understood if one can control somene elses actions and/or feelings, even in a lucid dream.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

maren most usually are interested in dreamers as a source of energy. there is no such thing as a maren who genuinely wants to help a human, as humans are considered lower than even the wildlife in nightmare. if a maren is being overly friendly with you it wants to use your energy. this might seem beneficial to you but in the long run it is a regrettable decision to befriend any such creature. but hey, if you want to sacrifice your soul for the possibility of having an imaginary friend, by all means let the maren into your heart.

Not a problem! I already got rid of my soul!

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
TORiAS is not really a Maren... I think. He tends to confuse me. Oh yeah, he said he missed my squarness last night. Whatever that means. He's such a retard. I'll be cautious. I promise.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Best I can tell you is to look on wikipedia.org to see the definition of "Squarrel"...

Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing and cosplaying characters from the NiD universe. Sometimes I like to make plushies (i'm not too good at large plushies).
I remember having a dream about my fanmaren, Ivana the Verol, while feeling kind of guilty about something. Ivana was talking to a Hollow when he noticed me. Then he flicked me off.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
Yeah, Maren definatly have too much personality.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Lord knows that.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
Yeah, He does.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I've got SIX fanmarens, and they've each appeared to me at least once. Always in times of stress. Are you stressed out at all? I know Engel appeared when I first broke up with my boyfriend (who's a complete a-hole now, but nonetheless), Hecate appeared when I failed History last year, Centrum and Howl appeared when I failed math last term, Jaquelyn appeared when my parents began hovering over me like hawks for my schoolwork, and Hades just appeared recently after I failed math again this term. I always worked through the stress and they've gone away.
Either that or you're just crazy.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Either that or you're just crazy.

Just because those methods don't work for TORiAS, doesn't mean s/he's crazy. :)

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
I think DAiLiGHT was joking.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Uhh...I knew that! Heh-heh. *Looks back and forth*

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
Well, I DO have more than one Fanmaren. TORiAS is just annoyingly persistant TT. There are days I wish he would go away..... but others when I'm really glad he's there. But he is an ass, really.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
If you think TORiAS is bad, You should try Nyclone on for size.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
Ugh. that would be a headache.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Wlcome to my world! XD

Guest_ganmew_*

Guest_ganmew_*
  • Guests

TORiAS is my fanmaren/muse. Yes, he's very interesting. He insults me... but he's cool.

TORiAS......... Dose he perhaps have long silver hair with a single silver moon dangle earring in his left ear?

If he dose, and this would be really creepy, than I’ve seen him too!

Has anyone ever had Malice? Or harmony maybe?

Malice usually uses bugs or people getting sick, anything that is gross is malice's domain, he Wares a Sickly bright yellow green Matadors jacket, the sleeve of which end in puffy lace trim. There is a bright yellow gem on the lime green cravat he wares, above that there is a kind and cowl-neck collar where his neck should be, his jacket front is connected by three gold chains, he wares a golden belt made of gold rings that connect to the gold Tassets that cover over the white pants. his boots are lime green the top part has a dung brown stripe running up and down and the shoe part has a vomit yellow stripe running length-wise. and his horns are covered by the standard Nightmaren hood, but his horns go out to the sides and than forward and down, there is a kind of zigzag pattern on them and the part that connects to his face looks like the diamond on a diamond back snake, and his face... *shivers* well he looks like a stretched version of voldimort form the hp movies with giant gleaming blood red eyes.

I don't want to describe harmony but you can always easily recognize her because she always wares this bright pink dress and she uses the teddy bear that she always cares to terrorize little kids, i don't get her anymore but i used to always get her. the funny thing is she will always appear with your first teddy bear.. and say something to the effect of, " don't you remember him, he remembers you" to which the bear will lunge at you with a sudden claws and sharp teeth and attack you. *shiver* ugg she still scares me...

i will post some pictures as soon as I can persuade my aunt to scan them.... <_<

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
That's not TORiAS. I think TTF's avatar is a painting of TORiAS, though....

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
LOL! Nyclone, that's Edward Cullen from Twilight!
ganmew- I have seen that one Maren. Was it Malice? And the first you mentioned.... does he have large black wings? Cause if he does, I totally know who he is. ViSiON. Annoying, but not evil. Just extremly annoying.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Oh, NOW you tell me! XD

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Ehh... a bit of both for some >>; .

Meh, my nightmaren isn't really as much of a nightmaren anymore, anyway. For that matter, I treat him more like an OC than a living creature.

I'm so uninterested in NiGHTS atm I've thought about changing him completely into something else.

Edit: As for my own maren, I've completely stopped remembering my dreams. I've been seeing his partner more, last time I checked.

If you see him, though, you quite honestly have probably just been thinking about him a lot, or he wants more interaction with you. But, nightmarens and their dreamers have very special relationships. Sometimes they're ball-and-chain (OC and Author relationship), sometimes they're respective partners ( 'My nightmaren is a living being' ), sometimes it's reverse ball-and-chain ( same as above except the nightmaren is in lead). They differ for everyone, and all the ones I mentioned are not bad ones to have. The only bad relationship you could have is one where the dreamer shows no longing to have the nightmaren.

tl;dr Nightmarens and Dreamers share special relationships; maybe you need to improve the one with your nightmaren?

Guest_ganmew_*

Guest_ganmew_*
  • Guests

LOL! Nyclone, that's Edward Cullen from Twilight!
ganmew- I have seen that one Maren. Was it Malice? And the first you mentioned.... does he have large black wings? Cause if he does, I totally know who he is. ViSiON. Annoying, but not evil. Just extremly annoying.

Well.... most of them do actually, just most of them were conviced by wizeman that those parts of themseves were un-nessisary so alot of them don't bother, and yes malice likes pulling his wings in and out.........well atleast that proves that im NOT as crazy as i tought i was.....

Malice has always struck me as somthing of a sl#t.....i meen he's like foustice form "blood omen 2" with big black fethery wings and a nightmaren costume...........

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
NNRO7- *nods* I see. With TORiAS it's confusing.... He's in lead sometimes, and others I am. We've resolved things since, actually.
ganmew- No, you're not crazy^^. At least, not any crazier than I am.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Which is very! XD *gets self slapped* OK, I'll stop.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
It's all right! I know how insane I am!

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
And yet, I'm twice as much. XD

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

NNRO7- *nods* I see. With TORiAS it's confusing.... He's in lead sometimes, and others I am. We've resolved things since, actually.
ganmew- No, you're not crazy^^. At least, not any crazier than I am.

Yeah.

Marens should be taken seriously, but there's a point for me where I let go and won't go any farther. That line has definitely been brought closer to me than in the beginning for the past 3 - 5 years (I've had an interest in NiGHTS a lot longer than my times on the internetz)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users