Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Glitch found in Pure Valley

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Anyone else find this? Use the Dragon Persona in the 'behind NiGHTS' tunnel section of Mare 3 (Chase Mission), then as you're about to exit the other side (where the wind is) turn around. You can now explore the entire section from the side view, and go through all surfaces into apparent blackness. It's funny, even though it's a glitch it's kind of a throwback, as it brings to mind parts of NiD, with the choppy cut surfaces n such when viewed at the right angles.

Elias

Elias

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Anyone else find this? Use Dragon in the behind NiGHTS section, then as you're about to exit the other side turn around. You can now explore the section from the side view, and go through all surfaces into the blackness. It's funny, even though it's a glitch it's kind of a throwback, as it brings to mind parts of NiD, with the choppy cut surfaces n such when viewed at the right angles.

The reason I found this was in the search for the last Dream Drop in Pure Valley, which I still can't find. No hints!

Hmm O_o thats interesting, I jsut cant get it to do that on mien though

MagicalWingLT

MagicalWingLT

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Well lets see... You must know that I love NiGHTS cuz why else would I be here? lol I became a NiGHTS fan 2 and a half months ago... I knew about the original NiGHTS Into Dreams game back in 1996 but wasn't able to play it since I didn't have a Sega Saturn... So now I bought one and then bought the game... Well I just love the game... So that's my little story lol...<br /><br />Now as for my other interests, I love Anime... Especially the Transformers series and such... I also love to play video games such as Sonic The Hedgehog... But you already knew this cuz I love playing NiGHTS lol<br /><br />I also like to draw and doodle... Although I haven't drawn as much recently... Maybe I'll draw something now... A NiGHTS picture perhaps? hehe<br /><br />Well that's all my interests :)
Nope I never had that glitch... Sounds very interesting though...

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
So far I did it just the one time on happy accident, I'll try again on purpose to confirm how repeatable it is.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Bump/Update: I repeated it, but not every time I tried.. it requires some specific maneuvering. I think what's best is doing a downwards facing turn, because the 'crack' as it were is in the lower portion of the tunnel exit. Once you manage to backtrack you can use any persona you like. You can move upwards and downwards out of the environment, so to speak, and if you backtrack to the start of that area it resumes normal behind NiGHTS perspective.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Wow, nice glitch. Haven't tried it yet but I'm gonna.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Is it ok if I bump this? I'm thinking a lot more people have played JoD since this was posted, just wanna spread awareness.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Why have i not noticed this topic before? Probably because all the other useless topics keep pushing it down.

Viper man, i need to check this for myself but if it's true then great find, dude. XD

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Thanks much, I owe it to desperately searching for that last Dreamdrop wherever I could until I found that it was somewhere else altogether, lol. I feel like I should try taking video of this thing..

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
AGHAGHAAGHAG XD DiGi is doing it right now! Scary stuff! He's taking video.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Ah, nice :)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
My GOD! That's some scary sh!t, right there. T_T

I recorded it with my oh so legendary camcorder and i'll try and have a video of it up sometime tomorrow if all goes well.

Thanks for the heads up, Viper man. That's a fantastic find! Good work!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Put a video up on YouTube of the glitch - here
Sorry for the shabby youtube quality.
The same video is available to view on MySpace which is better quality - here

Viper, that's madness. Well done finding such a huge glitch. Lol, how did THAT get beyond the game testers, eeeeh? <_<

If you find anymore then be sure to let us know.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
That's what they get for focusing on making a straightforward game. They weren't expecting people to goof off, and therefore didn't program it appropriately. xD

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Heh, nice touch with the creepy music in the video <_<

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Neato glitch.

Lookit what someone else found: http://www.youtube.c...feature=related o.O

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Heh, nice touch with the creepy music in the video <_<

That's actually from JoD during the opening, i think! I found the song on the OST. XD

Neato glitch.

Lookit what someone else found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ0GONjC_k8...feature=related o.O

Yeah, i saw that too. That's so weird and random. How would it even be possible to have two character models of the same character on the same map without hacking or something? O.o ??

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Put a video up on YouTube of the glitch - here
Sorry for the shabby youtube quality.
The same video is available to view on MySpace which is better quality - here

Viper, that's madness. Well done finding such a huge glitch. Lol, how did THAT get beyond the game testers, eeeeh? <_<

If you find anymore then be sure to let us know.

What gets me is that there's a pian trapped in there; it must've been very happy to see you. XDDD I know I'd be if I were stuck hovering over a massive expanse of OMG!black. I'm suddenly wondering what that's there for, though; possibly a backdrop for the unexplored sea of 'whatever you do, do not touch that' smoky purpleness.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

That's actually from JoD during the opening, i think! I found the song on the OST. XD

I figured it must've been.. but that's what happens when I don't check to be sure.. ("<Event> Solitude")

That Helen glitch is creepy too! See it's bizarre stuff like this that makes a game creepy, if they wanted to y'know, add 'creepy' to another NiGHTS game.

venomnights15

venomnights15

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Interesting nect time i rent jod I'll have to look at it

::NiGHTS::lover

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic the Hedgehog games, NiGHTS, Pokemon games, NiGHTS, KH2, ferrets, cats, dogs, NiGHTS, Reala, Jackle...
That's just creepy. Almost wet my pants when I noticed a random Pian was there...
'You found..A RANDOM PIAN! *victory music*'

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

See it's bizarre stuff like this that makes a game creepy,

I totally agree with you, man. The kind of glitches that take you out of the game boundaries to area's that you're not supposed to be in scare me more than some of those horror films out there, ya know? It's madness. I wanna go on a hunt and see if i can find anymore of these glitches.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic the Hedgehog games, NiGHTS, Pokemon games, NiGHTS, KH2, ferrets, cats, dogs, NiGHTS, Reala, Jackle...
I guess glitches are like Reala, you never know that they're there when all of a sudden they appear out of nowhere to bite your face off...I'm to scared to do those kinds of glitches, afraid that my game might crash on me or something...

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
That's cool...I wish I would've seen this topic earlier...definitely worth the bump Viper...thanks for sharing, and thanks DiGi for the vid (love the creepy music too!)...I'll have to try this soon!

Lady Spritzy

Lady Spritzy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Games. On WoW, I'm Yetalis on Malfurion, with a full stable o' pets. On Skype, I'm lady_spritzy. Look for me on Gaia as Lady Spritzy. I'm a Sonic fan first, but NiGHTS is a close second. But then again, is there really any difference between the two?
Wow. That glitch reminds me a lot of one in SA2: Battle where you can take Sonic or Shadow in the chao garden and take them outside it. Except this one's way cooler. You'd think SEGA would fix glitches like these...

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Wow. That glitch reminds me a lot of one in SA2: Battle where you can take Sonic or Shadow in the chao garden and take them outside it.

I was thinking the same thing. It must be because both of those glitches feature the blue sky background and a black void at the bottom.

Anyways, i've been thinking about this glitch thing in JoD.
I really wanna search for more in the other levels but that would take me ages to go through every level and check everything.

If other people are willing to join in then we can form a team and go looking for more with different people searching different levels.
If you're interested in joining in this then let me know here. If there is enough of a response then i'll create a brand new topic for it.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
I gotta try this myself!

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

If other people are willing to join in then we can form a team and go looking for more with different people searching different levels.
If you're interested in joining in this then let me know here. If there is enough of a response then i'll create a brand new topic for it.

I'm in. I'll spend some time this weekend trying stuff out.

Edit: Oooh....my 100th post! I'm a Dreamer now!

Pyrii

Pyrii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
This does remind me that maybe tearing apart the games should be back on the table, I know you guys have already torn apart NiD, so what's stopping people from doing the same to JoD. I myself would be interested in what secrets lurk in the game... tempting, shame I don't have the time right now.

As for going out of the game boundaries, yes it's always creepy because the point of making levels is to only create what the user will actually see and build up the illusion that it's a real area or world, once someone goes out of those boundaries, it shatters that illusion and also makes you nervous about doing something rather weird. The fun days of pulling cartridges with the power still on *sigh*

I think there's another couple of 3rd-person areas in JoD, is the same trick possible there?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

I think there's another couple of 3rd-person areas in JoD, is the same trick possible there?

I tried the area in the Aqua Garden, couldn't do the same thing there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users