Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Official Fanmaren Help Thread *MERGED*

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
Bold by Purgatory:
Okay I changed my mind and reached a compromise: You guys can still ask for people to design or draw your already existing fanmaren for you, but you must do it here in this thread. I will pin it for everyone to notice and merge the newer topics with it. Maresuke and Kato's topics will remain separated because they are contests and projects as well as the originators.

Also, because of the merge, posts and drawings are mixed up.. From now on if anyone wants to respond with a comment or a drawing, please place the name of the person in your post, like so:

John Doe: -PICTURE HERE-

Jane Doe: What colour do you want?

I don't want any flaming, arguing, or picking at in this thread. If you want art, don't be so picky about it. Do not insult the gifts being given to you or this thread will be closed and the idea to let this continue will be scrapped.

-
Purgatory

---------------------------------------------------------

OK...... I need help redesignig TORiAS..... He's a bit too....... little kid looking..... And I can't seem to make him look any older so I'm going to have to overhaul him. The problem is... I need help.......... and I don't have a scanner so I CAN NOT show you a picture of him............... I'm not to sure what to do with him, so I need advice... I'm providing a physical discription, and if you have an idea on how I could change him, post it here... or draw a pic, whatever, I don't care. This ismt' a contest or any thing, though I wish I could make it one so I could get results.... Oh well.....
Well, here it is..... TORiAS design....

TORiAS is a Humaren with a jester cap with silver stripes that is curly cue on the ends. The rest of him is teal, or at least his hat and a majority of his body. His skin is pure white, and he has ruby red eyes. He has buttons shaped like various phases of the moon that line his vest. He looks like he is wearing leggings because, on his legs, he has an area of dark blue that stops just after his knees. His hair can sometimes be seen hanging out of his cap, and it is red orange. His cuffs have a half moon shape on them, aqnd his arms appear like billowy sleeves. He, obviously, has no neck or wrists. The tips of his feet are white, and he often wears a cocky smile, or a lonley distant gaze. On his chest is a large, triangle shaped jewel that is dead grey. In the center of his collor is a tri-ruffle that is light purple. He has one violet stripe running through each of his eyes. He also has slate grey claws on his hands.

I think that's it.... ok.... No one's gonna read this... AGAIN.

Edited by Purgatory, 15 January 2008 - 05:06 PM.
Added some rulezish stuff.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
tsk.. get a scanner darnit, they're cheap! Or take a pic with your camera or phone or some such gizmo if ya got it

I wanna see

I'll see if I have time later to draw sometin

Kato

Kato

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Uh....Art. Drawing. Anime. Megaman. Kingdom Hearts. Disgaea. Battle Royale. Eden's Bowy. The Batman. Batman Beyond. Scorpions. City of Heroes/Villains.
I wouldn't mind doing this, but my view on maren is intrinsically different from the standard point of view, and sureley would conflict with your original idea. If you're able to get an image reference, I might give it a try, but for now I can't help without bastardizing your vision.

However, please feel free to PM me, if you would like to discuss.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Question: Does the gem triangle face sharp point up or down? I made a drawing with it facing down, wanna know what's correct

Do you mean claws like in fingernail claws, or old style Reala claws

Also, the blue area on his legs is on his thighs, or his calves? Could be either from the way you described him, need a little more clarity of detail

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
Triangle points up. Old style Reala claws, and Thighs.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
K
And if you may, a bit more about those buttons..

Are his arms and vest both teal?

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
Four buttons on each side, two sets as follows. One full moon, then the half mmon, quarter moon, and then crescent moon.
His vest is dark blue, his arms are white.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
awesome, thanks. Now I have a much clearer idea of how he looks.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
Your welcome! ^^

Kato

Kato

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Uh....Art. Drawing. Anime. Megaman. Kingdom Hearts. Disgaea. Battle Royale. Eden's Bowy. The Batman. Batman Beyond. Scorpions. City of Heroes/Villains.
Posted Image
As per our discussion in PMs, this is an example of what I feel would be a good fanmaren for you. It embodies the identifiable attributes. I've been thinking that Phantom Ursaking is a good name. Anyway, do what you will with it.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Woah, nice Kato.. here's my initial doodle, see if it matches up..

Posted Image

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
You both are sooooooooooo much better than me..... !!! Phantom Ursaking, like Ursa Major, the Constellation.
*faints because of TORiAS drawing*

MagicalWingLT

MagicalWingLT

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Well lets see... You must know that I love NiGHTS cuz why else would I be here? lol I became a NiGHTS fan 2 and a half months ago... I knew about the original NiGHTS Into Dreams game back in 1996 but wasn't able to play it since I didn't have a Sega Saturn... So now I bought one and then bought the game... Well I just love the game... So that's my little story lol...<br /><br />Now as for my other interests, I love Anime... Especially the Transformers series and such... I also love to play video games such as Sonic The Hedgehog... But you already knew this cuz I love playing NiGHTS lol<br /><br />I also like to draw and doodle... Although I haven't drawn as much recently... Maybe I'll draw something now... A NiGHTS picture perhaps? hehe<br /><br />Well that's all my interests :)
Ok here's the scoop... I've tried drawing my own fan maren, but it looks horrible... I have a basic idea of what I want but I'm not good at creating it... So I decided to ask you guys for help... The fan maren that I like best will be put into my personal photo section or signature... Credit will be given to the person... :)

Ok here goes... The fan maren I want has to be a human maren or in other words like NiGHTS and Reela... I don't want a gender for my maren either... Just like how NiGHTS can be a female or a male as a example...

I perfer my maren to have either dark green eyes, light blue, or brown... Let's see *thinks*
Having metal horns would be cool... Or you can try some other ideas... I also like the colors Blue, Dark Blue, Light Blue, Purple, Pink, Black...

Now for a personality... Similar to NiGHTS's profile for JOD... I perfer good over evil... That's why I like NiGHTS better then Reela...

Well that's all I can think of... I know some of you may want a ending date... Hmmm how about 3 weeks or somethin...

PS: If some of you have guessed, yes I'm a newbie here... And a newbie to NiGHTS as well... :lol:

I thank you guys in advance :)

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Ok! I will sketch something out! -_-

Kato

Kato

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
In the spirit of Kinsmanship, I will of course contribute. (I mean come on, I've done this for at least 8 people now. XD I enjoy doing maren designs!)

What animals are you most afraid of (3 at LEAST):
In what ways are you most afraid of getting hurt:
What region do you live im (USA, Japan, Europe):
What colors do you like:
Do you have any environments you like (Forests, Caves, Oceans):

I've come up with some basic theories about Maren and identified the common elements. Though it's unusual that so many 'Nightmaren' would be so positively aligned. Considering how Nightmares are supposed to be scary dreams.

MagicalWingLT

MagicalWingLT

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Well lets see... You must know that I love NiGHTS cuz why else would I be here? lol I became a NiGHTS fan 2 and a half months ago... I knew about the original NiGHTS Into Dreams game back in 1996 but wasn't able to play it since I didn't have a Sega Saturn... So now I bought one and then bought the game... Well I just love the game... So that's my little story lol...<br /><br />Now as for my other interests, I love Anime... Especially the Transformers series and such... I also love to play video games such as Sonic The Hedgehog... But you already knew this cuz I love playing NiGHTS lol<br /><br />I also like to draw and doodle... Although I haven't drawn as much recently... Maybe I'll draw something now... A NiGHTS picture perhaps? hehe<br /><br />Well that's all my interests :)
What animals are you most afraid of (3 at LEAST): Wait shouldn't it be the other way around? What animals do I like? lol... Ok I'll give you both... I like cats, wolves, lions... And I'm afraid of bugs, and snakes.....
In what ways are you most afraid of getting hurt: Losing my balance when walking up stairs, heights...
What region do you live im (USA, Japan, Europe): USA
What colors do you like: Blue, Light Blue, Black...
Do you have any environments you like (Forests, Caves, Oceans): I like Forests..

I don't want my maren scary looking... I want him/her to look more like NiGHTS

If you guys need any more info then ask -_-

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I hate not having my markers at work, lol. I'll doodle sumthin

Question: What are your favorite shapes

Kato

Kato

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

What animals are you most afraid of (3 at LEAST): Wait shouldn't it be the other way around? What animals do I like? lol... Ok I'll give you both... I like cats, wolves, lions... And I'm afraid of bugs, and snakes.....
In what ways are you most afraid of getting hurt: Losing my balance when walking up stairs, heights...
What region do you live im (USA, Japan, Europe): USA
What colors do you like: Blue, Light Blue, Black...
Do you have any environments you like (Forests, Caves, Oceans): I like Forests..

I don't want my maren scary looking... I want him/her to look more like NiGHTS

If you guys need any more info then ask -_-

I probably should sit this one out then.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
I GOT A SCANNER NOW!!!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!! I CAN HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

I GOT A SCANNER NOW!!!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!! I CAN HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good, now you can show us your maren : D

Uhobi

Uhobi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:games, fantasy books, music, oddities
I'll give it a shot too. It's fun making maren.

MagicalWingLT

MagicalWingLT

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

I probably should sit this one out then.

Well it can be scary but not too scary... Give it a shot... I have a feeling you like creating monster type marens? Try creating one to have cat like ears, metal horns and such... I've seen some of your other fan marens that I liked...

Viper you asked what shapes I like... Let's see I like circles the most, diamond shapes too... I really liked that fan maren you made in the other topic hehe

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
This is getting to be a popular subject. Good luck on getting a nightmaren for yourself

Kato

Kato

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
I will if you want me to. But It just seems that you're wanting something more closely resembling NiGHTS himself. It's not that I would make it scary, but neither would it be a happy Jester.

MagicalWingLT

MagicalWingLT

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Well your other maren you made in the Contest topic didn't look mad... And I liked him/her... ^_^

Kato

Kato

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Posted Image

MagicalWingLT

MagicalWingLT

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
He's cute... I love the outfit but I think it's too dark for the blue... Maybe a sky blue? I like the horns, and furr by his chest... But I don't like the face or his paws... I want like a NiGHTS/ Reela type face... With green eyes... And of course with the cat ears... And I would perfer hands with nails or claws...

Kato

Kato

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
See, therein lies the problem. You want a NiGHTS clone. Sorry, but this is my design for you. If you want it changed to your exact specifications, you ought to design one yourself. Or provide a much more specific description.

MagicalWingLT

MagicalWingLT

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Ok I'll try to give a better description... Basically I want a humaren like Maresuke wanted... Only I want metal horns... And you already know my favorite animals hehe... Cats, Lions, Wolves... :lol: And I hate bugs, and snakes... And my favorite colors are blue, sky blue, black, purple, pink... Favorite shapes are circles, and diamonds... If you want to know personalities, I want a humaren that's daring, a regular jester, yet caring... And I can't think of anything else lol

If you need to know some things about me... My sign is the Gemini, and water is my element... I like living by a forest, in a small town... My fears are heights, and losing my balance...

PRiNCE

PRiNCE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, pie, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, taters, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS,Sonic, and did I say NiGHTS? NiGHTS!
Another one graces this forum...

(Before anyone gripes at me, I have designed a form of fanmaren for me, but I don't like it at all. I want to see if someone can think of something better.)

I need a humaren. This humaren needs a turquoise gem on his chest and a lot of blue. And a cape. Could someone take these bits of information and design a maren? He reads a lot and carries a long metal staff. My only other thing is that he is based around Water.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
*adds to to do list*

Question: Spectacles, y/n

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
I have been seeing lots of scattered help topics, so I thought this might help. (Is this ok, Mods? I thought it would be a good idea...)

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm, I've thought about doing something, maybe a NiGHTS drawing tutorial? Like, how to construct his face, etc..

'course, that'd be one for the Creative section

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Hmm...Maybe this should be in the Creative section... I will ask a mod. (Or if a Moderator sees this, you can move it)

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
We already have a "help creating a fanmaren" topic. Its a topic floating around somewhere on how to make your own. personally, I do NOT agree with what everyone is now doing. They've warped the contests that people are having where you design a fanmaren and just blatantly begging for them I don't want the creative section being used for that any long. From now on, if anyone else (other than the people who have -already- created the topics) wants someone to make fanmaren for them because they either don't want to or can't create them on their own, you can PM someone you want to ask or do it over DeviantArt. There's way too many topics coming up begging for art.

---

Edit-

Okay I changed my mind and reached a compromise: You guys can still ask for people to design or draw your already existing fanmaren for you, but you must do it here in this thread. I will pin it for everyone to notice and merge the newer topics with it. Maresuke and Kato's topics will remain separated because they are contests and projects as well as the originators.

Also, because of the merge, posts and drawings are mixed up.. From now on if anyone wants to respond with a comment or a drawing, please place the name of the person in your post, like so:

John Doe: -PICTURE HERE-

Jane Doe: What colour do you want?

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Posted Image

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Posted Image

MagicalWingLT

MagicalWingLT

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
It's partly my fault for requesting a fan maren... Because of that, it resulted in others to request fan marens too... So I'm sorry everyone... It was a good idea merging the topics and I know it must of taken alot of time... So I'd like to thank the mods :) Your awesome!

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Thanks for Merging, Purg.

PRiNCE

PRiNCE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, pie, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, taters, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS,Sonic, and did I say NiGHTS? NiGHTS!
Well, I've pretty much got mine now thanks to Purgatory. I'm just gonna shift it a bit to fit a few things. Thank you Purgatory. I will pay you back, just let me know how.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users