Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A new NiGHTS archie comic?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing and cosplaying characters from the NiD universe. Sometimes I like to make plushies (i'm not too good at large plushies).
Okay, first I want to start off saying that if this is in the wrong place, I will gladly move it. Secondly, I'd like to say that a second series of NiGHTS comics is favorable in my eyes. Sure, the original comics were badly drawn (at most of the parts, not all of them), and the writing was somewhat...corny. But it would be nice to add something more to give the fanbase something to talk about. ^_^

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
NO.

Hime Blue

Hime Blue

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just...<br /><br />don't ask and it might be better for you. Might be better not to know...
If this were to happen I would buy three copies of each one. One to keep stockpiled, one to read, and one to destroy in the meanest ways possible. Actually four so I could have two to destroy in the meanest ways possible.

Kichigai

Kichigai

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
Wait now... Ever since Ian Potto came into power with Archie's Sonic series, things has gotten better. No more weird sci-fi spandex wearing crossovers or poorly written scripts from Penders. Ian actully cares about the fandom and quality so if they ever decided to make a new NiGHTS comics it would be intresting to see how he would go about it.

If it's bad, then you can burn them.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Only if they hired the above person. Lol.

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games
I'd rather a manga than an Archie-done comic.

At least Sai could do another parody, though. That might be worth it.

Kichigai

Kichigai

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
XD Archie's work system and scheduling sucks. It drove three good artists away.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Am I the only one in this entire fandom who LOVES the Archie comics....? ^_^

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
NiGHTS + ARCHIE = NO
NiGHTS + MANGA = YES

kristi

kristi

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Maybe this new writer can make it bearable to read, though I'm still a bit nervous about it. Even art-wise I'm concerned; I don't know who the artists are these days.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
So I take that as a yes, I am the only one on the planet who loved the Archie NiGHTS comics. *feels rejected*

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Lol, Sorry DAiLiGHT.

Tai

Tai

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:I love anime and games! I collect manga more than I do anime 'cause it's cheaper, though, and cosplay from time to time. Hopefully I'll have a decent Jackle costume done in time for Nan Desu Kan this year XD. I also like yaoi, DDR, um...pandas...and yaoi. I don't like mainstream anime much though; most of it isn't very good anyway....
NiGHTS manga = total pwnage of all my other manga.

I found the Archie NiGHTS...interesting. It explained some things (and I know that it isn't canon) and was a good spin on the series. The downfall was the artwork, the cliche-ness of it all, and...the fact that it was Archie Comics.

All we need to do is the storm the LA and London Tokyopops and demand they make a JoD manga no less than six volumes long. XD

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
NiGHTS archie comic = NUUUUUU!!!!
NiGHTS Manga = WIN

Wait....... are we talking about Archie making a JoD comic?! O.o;

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Recently Seiya mailed me a copy of a NiGHTS doujin comic that she was an artist for and it is AMAZING. Best NiGHTS comic i have ever read (and now own). I'm not allowed to scan it, but i AM however trying to see if i get a hold of more prints so people interested can buy them.

Honestlyhonestly worth it. It's like the anti-archie.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Oh well. *sits in dark corner with a flashlight, reading old, worn out copies of the comic*

Avenrir

Avenrir

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, monsters &amp; beasties, insects &amp; spiders ( but not moths. KEEP THEM AWAY! ), art, comics, cartoons, dinosaurs, mythical creatures, fonts, dreams &amp; nightmares, swords, retro videogames, the Discworld, and last but not least: Cadbury's chocolate. O.O
Dailight, you're not alone; I didn't think the archie comic was TERRIBLE ( I actually liked the artwork in the second story a lot more than I did the first *banned on the spot* XD ).

Personally, I'd like to see some new NiGHTS comics. Even if they come off looking like bad fanfiction, it always gives us something new to talk about.

I also don't think it matters whether it's a manga or an Archie, both have a good chance of either being bad or good.

If only STC were still in print... I'd love to have seen how they would take a whack at a NiGHTS story... XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Richard Elson sobsob

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
NO I WILL STAB MY OWN EYES OUT WITH A FORK AND CUT OFF MY RIGHT ARM SO I NEVER DRAW AGAIN. kthx

Also-

I'm not allowed to scan it, but i AM however trying to see if i get a hold of more prints so people interested can buy them.

*Raises hand* ...

Avenrir

Avenrir

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, monsters &amp; beasties, insects &amp; spiders ( but not moths. KEEP THEM AWAY! ), art, comics, cartoons, dinosaurs, mythical creatures, fonts, dreams &amp; nightmares, swords, retro videogames, the Discworld, and last but not least: Cadbury's chocolate. O.O

Richard Elson sobsob

That reminds me, did you ever get to ask him to doodle NiGHTS at the Bristol comic convention that year?

But yes, a NiGHTS story drawn by Richard Elson( or maybe Nigel Dobbyn ) could be so full of win. ;_;

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
I would agree if I had any idea who Richard Elson or Nigel Dobbyn was. *is shot*

Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing and cosplaying characters from the NiD universe. Sometimes I like to make plushies (i'm not too good at large plushies).
Hmm... interesting. I agree to give the Archie comics a chance, but a nights manga? By Tokyopop? MEGA AWESOME. Even awesomer would be if the manga was displayed in Shonen Jump, Tokyopop's monthly collection of manga. And on the subject of manga, I actually am doing a nights manga/comic, but it is focused on Jackle being angsty/emo about his problems.

But this isn't the place to talk about my comic. :blink:

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Well, *sighs dramatically* I'll be in my corner if anyone needs me. T____T Why do you all hate the Archie comics so much?

But I agree, a manga would kick ass.

Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Well, *sighs dramatically* I'll be in my corner if anyone needs me. T____T Why do you all hate the Archie comics so much?

I don't hate the Archie comics, I just said the writing was corny and the art was bad. I think it was a semi - nice addition to the fanbase.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I don't hate them either, i simply think they were terrible. But in a good way. I ended up liking them. Sort of how one likes the Starwars Holiday Special. Bad... but good. (For all the wrong reasons).

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I don't hate them either, but I think the storyline could've done with a little doctoring. He went through the original like that needed to be told before he could take it in his own direction. This is nice and all, but since the original game never had much of an in-game storyline, it wasn't necessary. *gets a million NiGHTS NiNJA stars thrown at her head* If he'd worked through all the bosses, from strongest to weakest, allowing his non-canon storyline intermissions (though I'm not sure how he would pull off what he was very heavily hinting he'd done to Wizeman after he was defeated should he follow this route), then the story would've at least had the steam of looking forward to a penultimate battle with Wizeman (that hadn't happened already). I've been thinking of trying this myself to see if it would work, but I keep seeing myself quitting before I get through Puffy (a very obvious first-boss candidate to me). ^^; I know my linework's also scratchy now, but I'm not dishonorable enough to start before I've rectified that problem, so don't worry about that if I ever do try this. And now I'm rattling on about myself, so I'll stop now (though I'm not deleting what I've written on myself, for some pious reason). Anyway, Archie, please take this advice (from a stupid fan) with a grain of salt if you ever think of trying for a NiGHTS comic again; I really think planning two fights with Wizeman and a hundred or so with Reala into the storyline took a lot out of the expectancy factor.

EDIT: Oh gweh, so stupidly long. XPPPPPP *smacks self*

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Well, I suppose that's all true. I liked the artwork and the subtle humor. "Suddenly I feel like I have the energy of the entire Chicago Bulls starting line-up!"<--- That line always gets a laugh out of me.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
*just remembered the other reason she ditched the idea of doing this in the first place* I wouldn't have time for my own fanfiction, so I think I'll leave that to the professionals. ^^; *doesn't remember the above quote* Oo; Who said that? Elliot?

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Yeah, Elliot was falling asleep so NiGHTS swooped in to Dualize with him so the Elliot-NiGHTS said that.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I want a NiGHTS manga. :blink:

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
NiGHTS literature... I dunno. Seems kinda boring. I just wont get that same feeling as I would from an animation or game.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
*Joins DAiLiGHT in corner* shure they were corny, but it was the 1990's, EVERYTHING was corny back then.
"hey, your the-" "Your the SECOND dreamer"

What we need is a Shojo Beat artist -shot-

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
We need a Shojo beat artist for Helen's story, and a Shonen Jump artist for Will's story. See? It works out perfectly. XD

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

*Joins DAiLiGHT in corner* shure they were corny, but it was the 1990's, EVERYTHING was corny back then.
"hey, your the-" "Your the SECOND dreamer"

Finally, someone who understands the corny humor of the 1990's! *glomps andersam*

Tamika

Tamika

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:I'm really into anime and video games, but my hobbies are arts and crafts.
That would be rather interesting and I think it could work this time. You do have to remember that there wasn't exactly a huge amount of story in the original NiGHTS, so the writers had to come up with something, even if it did turn into a horrible monster in the last three isssues...

Still, I'd love to see a new try this time =]

Jester

Jester

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
Hmmm... A manga version of JoD would interesting to see. I don't know about the Archie comics though...D: I still have the last three issues in my room XD

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
At one point I had them all. But then over time, one got lost.... my mom threw away two.... my next-door-neighbor burned one....my cat chewed one to shreds....and you don't even want to know what happened to the last one. I still get nightmares thinking about it. *shudder* O_O

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
I want it to be terrible! Thats what made the first ones soooooo great! Can't anyone just enjoy them for how retarded they are? Haha. I'd love to have another retarded nights comic... I'm sure they'll screw Reala up more too!
Green eyes AND Green skin FTW!

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Go Maresuke! I want a new Archie comic, and I want it to be so damn bad it's good! Maybe they'll screw Reala up so much he'll have orange butt-cheeks! :lol:

PhantomChan

PhantomChan

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Singing<br />Painting<br />NiGHTS<br />Daydreaming<br />Acting<br />Colourguard<br />Reading<br />Piano<br />Filmmaking<br />

Go Maresuke! I want a new Archie comic, and I want it to be so damn bad it's good! Maybe they'll screw Reala up so much he'll have orange butt-cheeks! :)

Oh dear...I can imagine that... :lol:
But the Archie comics weren't bad, but they weren't good, either, in my opinion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users