Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nightmare

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
Scykle looked around; the land was barren. This place has already fallen to the Darkness... He once called this place home: his beautiful Ethereal Forest. But now, nothing was left but some ruins and dead trees. He was all alone in a dying world, without somewhere to call home.

Trash Jack

Trash Jack

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Somewhere in another part in the decrepit forest, the reborn Paranoia basked in the destruction of the dream world around him. That is, of course, until he stopped, and started talking to what seemed to be nothing more than himself.

"Yeah. I think we've done enough damage here."

He paused, almost as if he were listening to another being conversing with him. He then resumed.

"Oh, it's not like I care about the Nightopians. It's just that it's pretty much totally destroyed. I don't think we COULD make it any worse if we tried. Unless we took all of Nightopia out with it."

Again, he stopped. Was he actually talking to someone?

"Yeah, I know that this is our plan. It's been that way since Wizeman-"

He almost seemed to be interrupted for a bit there. He then started talking again.

"Sheesh! What is with you when it comes to me bringing up Wizeman every once in a while. I mean, sure, he was less powerful, and still is, considering that he's DEAD, but I"m just saying that it was HIS plan too. I remember those days so very well."

He didn't continue, and he started making a dismayed face.

"Look, I'm not saying that he was the better ruler. I'm just saying that I liked those days. And I don't want to argue about this any more than you do, so why don't we just end this conversation right now?"

He stopped once more, then ended his speech.

"Got it, boss. Over and out."

Almost as if on cue, he noticed a figure far in the distance. He began to wonder if this was just one of his "boss"'s fellow lackeys, and decided to look anyway. He began to think one thing when he began to run to it on all fours, red saliva dripping from his mouth along the way.

'Once all of Nightopia's out of the way, we'll have you back on the throne one day very soon . . .'

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Mindoe made a stop. "I have seen this burnt tree truck already..." She sighed "Im just going around in circles!" She sat down on the tree trunk. Wizeman's death wiped out most of her past. She remembers when she escaped, but anything between that and Wizeman's death was gone. She wondered if she used to have any friends.. or enemies. She sighed again and got up. Mindoe flew in a straight line.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Scykle spotted Mindoe from afar, then called out to her. MINDOE! Over here! He ran to her, forgetting about the wasteland around him.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
Where in the world am I?
TORiAS raised a hand over his head, which was pounding like a ceremonial drum.....
Guess I'm not a Nightmaren after all..... question is..... WHATam I?
He saw Paranoia in the distince.....
"CRAP!"
Oops... He said it to loudly.... for a second he was afraid the big guy had seen him..... but Paranoia ignored him...
Thank Goodness!!!
"Ugh....," Shakily, he stood, swaying for a bit, and then catching his balance.... He hoped that someone noticed him...
He hated the lonliness, the pain, and now that NiGHTS was gone.... What had he to live for?
TORiAS only wanted to know the truth about himself.... Truth was all that was left....
He was hit from behind... HARD!

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
"H-how do you know my name?" Mindoe stepped back from Scykle, looking worried. "Who are you?!?"

Trash Jack

Trash Jack

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Paranoia did not stop running toward the figure, and as such, ran right into his back. This ultimately led to him coming to an abrupt stop and knocking TORiAS down.

"Get up. I gotta make sure you're one of our boys!"

He held out what could best be described as his right hand, just to get the guy he ran into up. One thought flowed through his mind at this time.

'I'll see to it that you're back on the throne, master.'

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
"Uh..... Long live Nightmare?" TORiAS wathched the Nightmaren, he somehow seemed distracted ", Listen, I don't know where I am, or what happened, and I was wondering.... What exactly am I supposed to be doing?"
He stared at the Maren, hoping for a reply...

Uhobi

Uhobi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:games, fantasy books, music, oddities
Scykle's call, even though it was not intended for him, got the attention of the snake-like maren who was currently up one the few intact (if not completely charred) trees in the area. Quez had climbed the tree hoping to get a better look at the area, as he didn't like to actually leave the ground unless completely necessary.

He considered calling to them, but decided instead to eavesdrop and see if they were on his side or not.

Trash Jack

Trash Jack

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
"'Long live Nightmare' . . .?"

Paranoia paused, as if he was suspicious. Looking into TORiAS's eyes for any sign of being against the Black Ideya, he decided to let it slide.

"Ehh . . . Close enough. Anyway, what you're supposed to be doing is assault Nightopia, kill and dismember the Nightopians, blah blah blah. Sort of seems a bit similar to what Wizeman did. Except a lot more brutal."

He silently whispered under his breath.

"And a lot less fun . . ."

Immediately, he went back to his normal voice, red saliva spewing from his mouth.

"Anyway, I don't even have a clue as to what happened with you. All I know is that I killed myself because I had no master, and the Black Ideya brought me back and gave me a job."

Again, he muttered under his breath.

"And once it's got everything it wants done, the old days will begin anew."

Once again, he returned to his normal voice.

"So come on. Let's go serve that Ideya."

Once more, he whispered.

"His glory, and then, his glorious death."

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
"Dismemberment of... let's say... Pians?" TORiAS grinned sinisterly, red hair falling from underneath his cap, into his ruby eyes"' Sounds fun to me..."
TORiAS decided to play along. With this guys incesent mumbling, he was sure to find out SOMETHING. And then he remembered that NiGHTS was dead.... his only friend, gone.
TORiAS took to the air", Does the Master know of Neo City? I hope not, because that will be my first place of havoc reaking... " He let out a soft little chuckle, and began due north to his hidden dream world. IN his head, he ached for answers to what he did not yet know.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Scykle stopped short, stunned. He then thought... Mindoe must've died with NiGHTS and the others, then the Black Ideya brought her back...good thing I wasn't created by Wizeman. She probably doesn't remember anything... Scykle smiled. Terribly sorry...my name is Scykle. He held out his hand, invitingly.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
"I-Im sorry, I lost my memory when Wizeman died...." She looked at him. "Were you one of my friends?"

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Erm...yeah...I guess you could say that. He smiled. So, what was it like being DEAD???

Uhobi

Uhobi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
"Meh, they seem innocent enough." Quez mumbles to himself and he crawls down from the tree and wonders whether or not to get the attention of Scykle and Mindoe. It would be rude to interrupt, but if one of them were to notice him watching them, it may lead to problems what with all that's going on. He decides to wait a moment longer and see what happens.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
TORiAS looked at the charred landscape before him... "THe black Ideya had the Maren do all of THIS?!"
Even Pre-turned NiGHTS hadn't been THIS destructive.
Oh well, better to play along than get killed TORiAS thought, For Now ... .... ...

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
"...dead?I was...dead?" Mindoe looked confused "I thought I just lost my memory..."

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
HE wasn't happy...... Looking upon the other Maren in the clearing, he stared at them... "Looks like they nedd a bit of exitement,"
After leaving Paranoia, he had returned to Neo City to find it allready dystroyed... so he had come back here...
"Hey, ya'lll," HE flited down ", Let's play a game...." THe grin on his face wasw sinister... ", It's called: Run Away an' Cry Like a Baby..."

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Scykle laughed. You were created by Wizeman right? Then you died! I wonder why you're not evil though...I've missed you! Scykle smiled, hugging her. But you don't remember who I am, do you? He giggled, jumping around.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Mindoe smiled. "I missed you too...I think.."

Uhobi

Uhobi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
Aww, how cute...thought Quez with a smirk, Well, might as well make myself known. Just then he noticed TORiAS out of the corner of his eye and heard his idea for a little game. Oh, hell... Quez slithered over behind TORiAS and drawled, "Sooo, who's going to be doing the crying? In all honesty it's not much fun unless everyone wins at least once." He draped his arms loosely around TORiAS' shoulders from behind, pulled his face close and whispered, "Why don't you go first..."

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
"Sure... I'm all up for it.... Chum," TORiAS grabbed the Maren's arm and flipped him onto him back ", DON'T touch me..... I don't like to be touched..... by anyone... Bad memories, you see..."

Uhobi

Uhobi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
Well, should have seen that coming... "Alright, fair enough." He said as he rolled back over and coiled a bit. "Regardless, marens trying to scare marens is awfully pointless isn't it? I mean what did you honestly expect to get out of such an act other than your own amusement?"

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
I swear, I keep hearing something! Do you hear it? Scykle looked around for the source of the voices.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
"Yes...but the voices are faint..." Mindoe looked for the source as well.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
"Amusement.... and that's it.... Ever since the big guy ditched me on some bogus orders from that stupid Black Ideya of his...."
TORiAS grew alert...
"shush! I think they may hear us!"

Uhobi

Uhobi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
"black ideya huh..."

"What, those two? Heh, I wouldn't be too worried about them. I've been eavesdropping and they don't seem dangerous. At least not aggressive anyway."

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
"Good."

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Scykle smiled. Well, I'm sure it's nothing.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Mindoe smiled weakly "Well...okay...where do we go now?"

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Scykle turned around, closing his eyes tight and clenching his fist. I want to find who did this to my home. Will you help me? He turned back to Mindoe, his hand outstretched.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
"Okay..." Mindoe said happily "I will try to remember things"

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Scykle smiled. Thanks. I owe you one, I guess. I can tell you somethings about before you died...maaaaaaaaaybe. He grinned widely, winking.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
She smiled shyly. "C'moonn...you can tell me something"

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Scykle gleamed in the moonlight. Oh, I'll think about it.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
"Oh..alright..." Mindoe said. "Where do we go from here then?"

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Erm...that's the thing...I don't really know.

Suddenly, as Scykle spoke, a dark, familiar figure slowly rose from one of the desolate hills. It laughed a sickening laugh, and floated into the air.

Well, long time no see, Mindoe! Scykhell cackled.

spinningcannon

spinningcannon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Other worlds, art, music, literature, symbolism, psychology, philosophy, the human condition
"This place sure is creepy..."
Just out of Skykhell's earshot, a strange golden-white Nightmaren wandered nervously through the dying ruins of the once Ethereal Forest.
The moonlight glittered sadly from the golden spikes framing his face, as his skeletal white hands clenched in apprehension. His bizarre blue eyes drifted warily from one ghostly tree to another.

The Nightmaren sighed loudly, abrubptly stopping for fear of being heard, and jumped as if he had seen a ghost.
"Geez! Of all places to come at night, I swear..." He paused, staring at nothing in particular, and gradually relaxed. "...But it's not as if I had a choice, you know. All this talk about some 'Black Ideya'... and dad being dead..." The amber creature shook his head vehemently, his pale hands now held tight over his eyes. "...It can't be true! It can't be...!"
There was silence in the dead trees for several painful seconds.
"Then again... this isn't my dimension. This is a totally different realm of Dream... maybe..." He took a deep, shaking breath and lowered his silver arms. "Maybe he is dead here. I don't know. But that's what I came here to find out. Why, how, and when... and what this Black Ideya thing is."
His expression became puzzled as he placed his hands on his hips. "Which is odd. I've only known of one being with a Black Ideya, and she's not even a Nightmaren. Huh."

He paused once more, tiredly listening to the vast silence. It came as quite a shock when the morbid peace was interrupted by the dull sound of what seemed to be a distant explosion.
"Uh-oh." He spun around in the direction of the noise. "That can't be good..."

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
"Hey, what you doing here?" The teal Maren asked the golden one ", Get out of here, or there'll be problems...."
He grinned ", Do you need someone to tag along with? The BI is getting closer..."

spinningcannon

spinningcannon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Other worlds, art, music, literature, symbolism, psychology, philosophy, the human condition
"Oh-- geez!!" The golden 'Maren exclaimed upon noticing TORiAS. Where had he come from?
I should really be paying more attention, he thought. This place is definitely dangerous...
"I, um... I guess," the regal being began, nervously. "Tag along with you, I mean. Need someone to tag along with. What you said."
He paused, sighing sadly. "I'm sorry. I'm just very upset right now, and... wait, problems?" He blinked. "What sort of problems?"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users