Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Didn't You Just Throw That Away?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Wizeman the Wicked

Wizeman the Wicked

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Video games, computers, animals, reading
The Persona Mask is what allows NiGHTS to transform into his alternate forms, correct? You find the three personas separate from one another as you progress through the game, but it was my belief that they were all absorbed into the one mask from Wizeman. How is it that NiGHTS can use these personas when he refuses to wear the mask? I mean, before the final battle, he clearly throws the thing away, so I forgot to use it and lost when I first battled Wizeman. XD

So are all of the personas absorbed into the mask that represents loyalty to Wizeman, or are the three personas separate masks? I understand that it's a game. Heck, it's a game about dreams. I'm just curious to see whether or not I'm completely wrong, or just thinking too hard about a video game where just about anything is possible. :mellow:

nirniva

nirniva

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
Since you obtain the different Personas from seperate treasure chests at the end of each level, I would assume that they are different masks...

Also, I haven't beaten Helen's story yet, but wasn't NiGHTS wearing a Persona mask (or something like it) in some Crystal Castle cutscenes?

Wizeman the Wicked

Wizeman the Wicked

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Since you obtain the different Personas from seperate treasure chests at the end of each level, I would assume that they are different masks...

Also, I haven't beaten Helen's story yet, but wasn't NiGHTS wearing a Persona mask (or something like it) in some Crystal Castle cutscenes?

Yeah, but Helen questions him and he takes it off. If the others are separate masks, where did they come from? Did Wizeman create those persona masks, too? Are there any special properties to the golden one other than the loyalty it represents? There are lots of things I'm curious about regarding them.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Well, if you look when you first get the persona masks, they're all different. So I assume they're seperate....

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Yeah, they're all completely different. If I remember correctly the rocket one was a tall clunky crazy thing that should never be worn on the face of ANYONE. So I think they're different masks that he whips out and puts on his face when he needs them.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
If that's true... Where does he keep them? I doubt those skin tight spandex pants of his have pockets quite that large.

Hime Blue

Hime Blue

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just...<br /><br />don't ask and it might be better for you. Might be better not to know...

If that's true... Where does he keep them? I doubt those skin tight spandex pants of his have pockets quite that large.

Dream logic. It doesn't have to make sense.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Yeah, it doesn't have to make sense, I think. I mean hey, where does he keep the other one when he's not wearing it (or throwing it away)? Why do cartoons whip mallets out from behind their backs? XD If everything made sense, nothing would be fun anymore. ^_^

Wizeman the Wicked

Wizeman the Wicked

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
NiGHTS should wear all three on his face at once. *nod nod*

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
That is true. My dreams never make sense. As I've mentioned in another thread, I've seen certain people end up as turkeys. Cyclops turkeys. *cough*

Wizeman the Wicked

Wizeman the Wicked

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

That is true. My dreams never make sense. As I've mentioned in another thread, I've seen certain people end up as turkeys. Cyclops turkeys. *cough*

That should be one of NiGHTS' personas. Cyclops turkey NiGHTS can fire optic blasts at Nightmaren from a distance!

nirniva

nirniva

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Well, Link manages to have bombs, a bow, arrows, a grappling hook, a slingshot with ammo, several glass bottles filled with various potions, a boomerang, AND a sword and shield on him at all times, so to say that NiGHTS can carry around a few masks isn't too much of a longshot.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Well, Link manages to have bombs, a bow, arrows, a grappling hook, a slingshot with ammo, several glass bottles filled with various potions, a boomerang, AND a sword and shield on him at all times, so to say that NiGHTS can carry around a few masks isn't too much of a longshot.

True, but in the LoZ cartoon they explain that away as Link having a special magical pouch to hold infinite items in. But it is basically the same principle. It's the "Don't-Question-What-Doesn't-Make-Sense" Theorem.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
It's nothing really to speculate over, or try to explain. It's a common technique used in cartoons and comics, known as "Hammerspace or a Magic Satchel"

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Again, don't question what doesn't make sense. It's a video game, and we're over-analyzing some little detail that Sega seemed to overlook. Oh well. Doesn't make the game any less kickass-ish.

Wizeman the Wicked

Wizeman the Wicked

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
So now that we know that NiGHTS has hammer space, where do you suppose the masks themselves came from? I know there is no definite answer and that this is all speculation, but I found that the masks were so interesting, yet completely overlooked in the story.

nirniva

nirniva

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

True, but in the LoZ cartoon they explain that away as Link having a special magical pouch to hold infinite items in. But it is basically the same principle. It's the "Don't-Question-What-Doesn't-Make-Sense" Theorem.

I'm pretty sure the cartoon wasn't canon, but, hey, that explanation works.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

So now that we know that NiGHTS has hammer space, where do you suppose the masks themselves came from? I know there is no definite answer and that this is all speculation, but I found that the masks were so interesting, yet completely overlooked in the story.

I guess it's just another one of those random, yet useful inventory items. Like the Chicken Gun from Shadow the Hedgehog. I know it has another name, but I don't remember it and frankly it's more fun to call it the Chicken Gun. Hilarious weapon. Extremely useful. Not looked into in the storyline.

Wizeman1213

Wizeman1213

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:NiD, NiD, and more NiD
I don't really know. Good question.

Wizeman the Wicked

Wizeman the Wicked

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

I guess it's just another one of those random, yet useful inventory items. Like the Chicken Gun from Shadow the Hedgehog. I know it has another name, but I don't remember it and frankly it's more fun to call it the Chicken Gun. Hilarious weapon. Extremely useful. Not looked into in the storyline.

Maybe, but the chicken gun is just one gun. We're talking about a whole group of items here that become available to NiGHTS out of nowhere. Also, NiGHTS has shown natural shape shifting properties without the aid of masks in this game (rollercoaster and boat) as well as in NiD (bobsled, fish tail, etc.)

Uhobi

Uhobi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:games, fantasy books, music, oddities

Also, NiGHTS has shown natural shape shifting properties without the aid of masks in this game (rollercoaster and boat) as well as in NiD (bobsled, fish tail, etc.)

well maybe he's got masks for those too and just never told anyone...

Tsukasa

Tsukasa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Harry Potter, drawing, reading, gaming.

Maybe, but the chicken gun is just one gun. We're talking about a whole group of items here that become available to NiGHTS out of nowhere. Also, NiGHTS has shown natural shape shifting properties without the aid of masks in this game (rollercoaster and boat) as well as in NiD (bobsled, fish tail, etc.)

That's a very good point. My own thought on that would be that NiGHTS uses the masks when he's dualized. And when he shape shifts it seems to be that it doesnt really have any bearing on how he's affected by the world around him. But when he uses persona it changes how stuff affects him... OK so maybe that made no sense lol... >_>

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

That's a very good point. My own thought on that would be that NiGHTS uses the masks when he's dualized. And when he shape shifts it seems to be that it doesnt really have any bearing on how he's affected by the world around him. But when he uses persona it changes how stuff affects him... OK so maybe that made no sense lol... >_>

No, it really didn't, but part of my job is figuring out what the hell other people are talking about. So, analyze time!

Apparently he uses the masks when he's dualized, since you never see him turn into a dragon or a dolphin when there's a kid not... merged with him. (attached? Inside? I don't know XD)

About how stuff affects him, well he can only swim as a dolphin and can't even go into the water without being a dolphin, so I assume he realizes he can't swim. Same thing with the strong winds. If he's affected by wind, I assume he realizes it. I don't think he gets blown around like an old ragdoll without realizing, "Hey. It looks like I'm being blown about by this strong wind."

Tsukasa

Tsukasa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Harry Potter, drawing, reading, gaming.

No, it really didn't, but part of my job is figuring out what the hell other people are talking about. So, analyze time!

Apparently he uses the masks when he's dualized, since you never see him turn into a dragon or a dolphin when there's a kid not... merged with him. (attached? Inside? I don't know XD)

About how stuff affects him, well he can only swim as a dolphin and can't even go into the water without being a dolphin, so I assume he realizes he can't swim. Same thing with the strong winds. If he's affected by wind, I assume he realizes it. I don't think he gets blown around like an old ragdoll without realizing, "Hey. It looks like I'm being blown about by this strong wind."

Yeah so basically morphing with a persona seems to grant new abilities whereas just morphing without persona... doesn't... lol. When he morphs in JoD without persona it's usually to provide some mode of transport for the kids (boat, rollercoaster etc).

Tamika

Tamika

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:I'm really into anime and video games, but my hobbies are arts and crafts.
He stores them in his cuffs, that's why he's got no wrists. His sleeves act as storage =]

Y'know, as sad as it is to admit, it took me a couple years to realize Elliot was riding NiGHTS as a bobsled. I always figured NiGHTS was like "Ok Elliot, have fun! *BOOTS ELLIOT and goes to get a soda as Elliot screams in terror riding down the slope*"

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
I always wondered why NiGHTS would willingly degrade himself and let some child ride on his back while he transformed himself into a chauffer for the kid. It just doesn't seem logical. He can fly; why would he need to transform into other forms of transportation?

Wizeman the Wicked

Wizeman the Wicked

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

I always wondered why NiGHTS would willingly degrade himself and let some child ride on his back while he transformed himself into a chauffer for the kid. It just doesn't seem logical. He can fly; why would he need to transform into other forms of transportation?

I had never even thought of that. The only one that can be explained was the boat mission. The current was too fast to fly after the drowning Nightopians, so NiGHTS transformed into a boat (BOaTS? XD) to give himself an advantage.

As for stopping the Nightopians from crashing in Lost Park, I don't see why NiGHTS couldn't just head the train off and stop it that way. I could have done without rollercoaster NiGHTS with turbo farting action.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

I had never even thought of that. The only one that can be explained was the boat mission. The current was too fast to fly after the drowning Nightopians, so NiGHTS transformed into a boat (BOaTS? XD) to give himself an advantage.

As for stopping the Nightopians from crashing in Lost Park, I don't see why NiGHTS couldn't just head the train off and stop it that way. I could have done without rollercoaster NiGHTS with turbo farting action.

Turbo Farting Action? :lol: But you see my point, which is good.

Wizeman the Wicked

Wizeman the Wicked

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Turbo Farting Action? :angry: But you see my point, which is good.

Yeah. All in all, it was basically done to add variety to the missions, which they really didn't need to begin with. ^^;

Elias

Elias

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
The answer is 42

NiGHTS can fly, correct, so maybe the Mask fly near him and they are invisible :o YES IT MAKES SENCE NOW!

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Actaually, that does make sense. It's a dream, so maybe the masks are floating around him like the Ideyas did in the first game.

Elias

Elias

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Actaually, that does make sense. It's a dream, so maybe the masks are floating around him like the Ideyas did in the first game.

W00T SCORE ONE FOR ELIAS!

Yeah O_o though you never know, NiGHST can fit alot into spandex...

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
I'm under the impression that it's a dream and he's actually naked, but has no body and therefore his clothes ARE his body.

Elias

Elias

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

I'm under the impression that it's a dream and he's actually naked, but has no body and therefore his clothes ARE his body.

Im under alto of impressions of him =w=

Oh! wait, what if, even thouhg NiGHTS isnt holding the mask, will or Helen are the one who recive it, thus, maybe they are the ones who are holding it in there subconsious state with NiGHST O_o Ya know? sicne htey do make the same actiosn as NiGHTS does..

OH OH OH! ITS ALL OCTOPAW! HE HODLS THE MASK FOR YOU :o

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Better, it's all that shady-looking Pian in the back. You know, that one. Over there. You see him, with that smirk on his face like he knows something. You see him. It's that one, right there.

Elias

Elias

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Better, it's all that shady-looking Pian in the back. You know, that one. Over there. You see him, with that smirk on his face like he knows something. You see him. It's that one, right there.

you mean the one that follows you after getting a certain coin? that makes sence

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Actually, it was just a joke. I forgot that coin existed, actually.

Wizeman the Wicked

Wizeman the Wicked

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Actually, it was just a joke. I forgot that coin existed, actually.

What does that Pian do as it follows you, anyway?

Elias

Elias

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

I alwaysed wondered that

I thought maybe if you paralooped it, it would go to your dream O_o i seriously wish i knew what he did

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

It's supposed to gather Blue Chips for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users