Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The hat.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

PRiNCE

PRiNCE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, pie, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, taters, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS,Sonic, and did I say NiGHTS? NiGHTS!
I think we need to see what we can think of here. We know of the "U.V. Theory" Hair and horns. Then there's the "Bald theory", NiGHTS is bald and the hat is to cover it. "The fetal twin theory" Self explanatory.

So, what theories do you guys have? What is under the hat, if indeed it is a hat?

Hime Blue

Hime Blue

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just...<br /><br />don't ask and it might be better for you. Might be better not to know...
There's also the theory that the hat itself is some sort of hair. I'm not sure what we'd call that.

And the theory that the hat basically can't be taken off, the "perma-hat theory" I guess it could be called?

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
If you take a good look at the All-C entrance event of
Spoiler
, as
Spoiler
you can see his 'horns' are at a pretty funky angle from his head. And when he dashes in JoD, they completely straighten out, like he broke them or something. I don't think those are horns at all. In the JoD entrance as well, the hat is a bit too free-moving for it to be horns. Yes, physics sucks, but it also provides evidence.

PRiNCE

PRiNCE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, pie, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, taters, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS,Sonic, and did I say NiGHTS? NiGHTS!
Okay, so horns is pretty much thrown out. Unless, being a nightmaren, his horns can move as well? Anything's possible, but I think he might just have hair under there.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
It's actually the cure for AIDs.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Hat. FRIGGIN' HAT!!! Good god, why would it be anything else. [/rant]

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
Well, of course it's a hat, Purg. XD It's what's INSIDE/UNDER the hat that we're speculating about. Mostly. Then there's PRiNCE's 'Fetal Twin' theory, which came out of absolutely nowhere...

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Floppy brain-tails. XD

Uhobi

Uhobi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:games, fantasy books, music, oddities
I remember seeing a short comic about this on deviantart...
it brought up hair, horns, tentacles, the fetal twin and a theory about how NiGHTS actually WAS the hat and the rest of his "body" was just his tongue...
i wish i could remember who did that, i'll have to find it again...

edit: ah it was darkburraki.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I think it's hair. I personally believe NiGHTS as being blonde.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Floppy brain-tails. XD

Wait wait, I just had a great thought.

Those two floppy things on NiGHTS' head? Those are his breasts.

Hime Blue

Hime Blue

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just...<br /><br />don't ask and it might be better for you. Might be better not to know...

Oh gawd. *dies laughing*

Now that you mention it, what would that make the jewel on his chest...?

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I think it's just a hat.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~

Oh gawd. *dies laughing*

OH MY GAWD! <_< :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PRiNCE

PRiNCE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Oh gawd. *dies laughing*

Um... male genetalia?

And yes, I got the "fetal twin theory" from DB's comic. I say hat, hair, and cat ears.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I personally believe in being a party-pooper and leaving it as "they never designed it/they didn't/don't care", as I am a stubborn ass.

DMN

DMN

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
I believe that NiGHTS can have whatever the **** he likes up there, and only has to even think about it if the hat comes off. Same goes for gender with me-it's whatever NiGHTS feels like being.

My theories are simple and answer it enough for me. Though the fetal twin, gentetalia, and hat-is-body ideas are all amusing.

...It'd be a gruesome sight if NiGHTS decided to be all of the above at once...

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

I believe that NiGHTS can have whatever the **** he likes up there, and only has to even think about it if the hat comes off. Same goes for gender with me-it's whatever NiGHTS feels like being.

Interesting theory. Like Green Lantern with his magic ring, there? Think about it and BAM! It's there. BAM! Yes, I'm Emerl now. BAM!

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Tentacles....? Thats why they move the way they do?
Also JOD "hat" is much FATTER then the old one... same with nights body.. maybe he gained a few pounds and it shows in the "horns"

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Like I said before, soft and supple horns/perma-hat; Their "clothes" are their bodies, which they can manipulate to some degree. Marens are naked!

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Which would explain the skin-tight spandex bodysuits.

Sage

Sage

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Books: all kinds of fantasy and science fiction<br /><br />TV Shows: Star Trek (any season), CSI Las Vegas, Knight Rider, Avatar: Last Airbender, various old Disney series (Darkwing Duck and the like)<br /><br />Video games: NiGHTS into Dreams, Megaman Zero, Fatal Frame, Sonic series (including the 3D ones =P), Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, Sly Cooper, and still more...<br /><br />Music: Pretty much anything, though I'm definitely not big on rap.<br /><br />Other: free form roleplaying, fanfiction, getting lost in my latest obsession, and so much more... ^^

Which would explain the skin-tight spandex bodysuits.

And the miracle of no panty lines.

OT: I agree with the "clothes = body" theory. Nekkid marens ftw! (j/k) X3

Regarding the "hat" though, in Star Wars, the Twi'lek race has two long tendrils growing from a bald head (example: Jabba's dancing girl before Leia). Who's to say it's not the same for NiGHTS and Reala? Makes sense to me. =P

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games
I agree with what viperxmns and Sage said. I think the hats (as well as most of NiGHTS' and Reala's clothes) are part of their bodies and/or just plain are their bodies (you literally get what you see). With the exception, of course, of elements like the persona masks and Jackle's cape*.

I see it as conceptually similar to something in the anime Slayers:
Spoiler

So yeah. Clothing = body.

* Jackle's cape, though apparently not a direct part of his body since you can knock it right off, still seems to be an integral part of how he functions.

Sage

Sage

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Books: all kinds of fantasy and science fiction<br /><br />TV Shows: Star Trek (any season), CSI Las Vegas, Knight Rider, Avatar: Last Airbender, various old Disney series (Darkwing Duck and the like)<br /><br />Video games: NiGHTS into Dreams, Megaman Zero, Fatal Frame, Sonic series (including the 3D ones =P), Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, Sly Cooper, and still more...<br /><br />Music: Pretty much anything, though I'm definitely not big on rap.<br /><br />Other: free form roleplaying, fanfiction, getting lost in my latest obsession, and so much more... ^^
Tsunami: Wow, I'd totally forgotten about Mazoku. Good thinking! And props to a fellow Slayers fan! *hug*

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^

pfft HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

HEEEEEE!!! Votes for soft and supple horns!!.... Then again that might be unhealthy! XD

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

And the miracle of no panty lines.

OT: I agree with the "clothes = body" theory. Nekkid marens ftw! (j/k) X3

Regarding the "hat" though, in Star Wars, the Twi'lek race has two long tendrils growing from a bald head (example: Jabba's dancing girl before Leia). Who's to say it's not the same for NiGHTS and Reala? Makes sense to me. =P

That makes perfect sense. I am a big Star Wars geek, and that explination (and sadly enough I know the girl's name and backstory) makes perfect sense.

Tai

Tai

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:I love anime and games! I collect manga more than I do anime 'cause it's cheaper, though, and cosplay from time to time. Hopefully I'll have a decent Jackle costume done in time for Nan Desu Kan this year XD. I also like yaoi, DDR, um...pandas...and yaoi. I don't like mainstream anime much though; most of it isn't very good anyway....
I think it's whatever he wants it to be under there. Reason: I can't pick a theory to stand by lolz.

But really, since it's a dream world, and (lucid) dreamers can manipulate things to their liking, I'd think that a creature that resides purely in dreams would possess the same ability. Unless Wizeman's a biatch and didn't grant his creations that power...which he may have, just to keep them in line. Idk.

As for Jackle...I thought he was just shy about his body XD.

kurosen

kurosen

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
I'm a believer of the perma-hat theory. Regarding the clothes, in my head it's more like clothing, just the permanently attached kind.... I guess just like the perma-hat :(

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
I agree with Purgatory... It's just a hat!!!! As to what color his hair is.... well, I don't really care...., but, if I did, my bet would be on blonde or black. Purgtory is right, though, NiGHTS creators probably don't give a damn!

And that's why the fans do.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

NiGHTS creators probably don't give a damn!

So true, TORiAS. So true.

Tai

Tai

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:I love anime and games! I collect manga more than I do anime 'cause it's cheaper, though, and cosplay from time to time. Hopefully I'll have a decent Jackle costume done in time for Nan Desu Kan this year XD. I also like yaoi, DDR, um...pandas...and yaoi. I don't like mainstream anime much though; most of it isn't very good anyway....

NiGHTS creators probably don't give a damn!

Sadly yeah. Unlike the guys at Square Enix ._. . They're getting more and more complicated costumes with every new Final freakin' Fantasy!

Back on topic...Sonic Team's lack of detail regarding their characters, though sometimes nerve-grindingly annoying, is actually a neat thing. Gives us fans stuff to fill forums with :).

Empa

Empa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Robots, Megaman, Rocky Horror, Shadowcasts, Costumes/Costuming, Art, Cartoons, Pokemon, Videogames, Music, ect.
I have always thought of the 'horns' on the nightmaren's hats as ears.
I still call them ears.

...I dunno. I guess they're hats or something, but to me they're just ears. XD JESTER EARS.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
What we all need to do is get together, all write the same exact letter and send it to every sega HQ that consists of....

MAKE A 3D MOVIE OF NIGHTS TAKIN OFF HIS HAT/BREASTS/HAIR/TENTACLES/VACCUUM CLEANER SO WE CAN SEE HIS SHINY/HAIRY DOME.

Birdy

Birdy

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Video games, drawing things from video games
Ah, a mystery as old as time itself... Or maybe just as old as NiGHTS and Reala. I always wondered about this hat thing... then I got to wonder about why Reala's face is the SAME color as his "pants"

Oh and the awesome comic: http://darkburraki.d...S-Hats-36099512

Phantom Rin

Phantom Rin

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Ah, a mystery as old as time itself... Or maybe just as old as NiGHTS and Reala. I always wondered about this hat thing... then I got to wonder about why Reala's face is the SAME color as his "pants"

Maybe It's cause those aren't pants. <_<

Zoe

Zoe

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
It's a hat, in my opinion. To me, it's not permanently attached, because I imagine NiGHTS with blonde or blue hair...

...yes, blue. :B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users