Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mah wiimote sucks! D:

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Cruithne

Cruithne

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Okay, first off I dun' know where to post this topic so I'm putting it here (so please move it if you know guys where it's supposed to go).

Now, on with the problem.

I really wanna try 2p racing with my sister...

But I CAN'T! D:

Because for some reason, the second remote thinks it's THIRD player! -______-

I don't know why, but it refuses to work. >_>

I've tried taking out and putting the batteries back in.

I've tried replacing the batteries.

I've even tried playing around with the buttons for ten minutes.

But nothing has worked.

So I was wondering, do you guys know what's wrong?

And if you do, can you tell me how to fix it?

Mattvideo

Mattvideo

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Well, Gaming is my top interest! I've been gaming since i was 3. If you want a match in MKDS, Pokemon, Metroid, Wii, NDS, X360 or want to challenge me to do something in a non Wifi game (NiGHTS Score challenge, Mario Speedrun, etc.)... Go fo it! I'm always up for a game! :D<br /><br />Next is Photoshop, I've been messing with Photoshop for almost a year and a half already. I like to make stuff out of renders, pictures, videos. A challenge peaks my interest! :)
The controllers are set when the game goes on. If you want to reset the controllers to specific spots, here's what you do. Go into your home menu, then select the Wii Remote Settings on the bottom. Select the reconnect option at the bottom and reconnect the controllers one at a time.

Cruithne

Cruithne

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Thanks Matt! =D *goes off to try that*

Makkun

Makkun

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Video games, anime, sleeping, guitar, drums, writing, programming, collecting video games, sleeping, sleeping.
That's called One-Time syncing, which WILL work. But I prefer to just totally re-sync your controllers.

When you turn on your system, open the little SD card slot, you should see a red "SYNC" button.

Take off the back of the 1P Wii remote so you can see the batteries and a small red button.
Take off the back of the 2P remote as well.

Hold the Wii's red SYNC button for a second, then hold the 1P remote's red sync button for a second.
Wait until the first controller is "1P", then repeat for the 2nd. This will ensure your controller is synced to that Player Slot at all times, unless of course you re-sync it.

The One-Time syncing way might actually be permanent for some reason, but if it's not, use the proper syncing method, as I explained. :U

Hope that helps for future use. :3

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
thats not the easiest way though. If youre in a game and all wiimotes are synched up (doesnt matter the order), just take batteries out of the 2nd controller and your own, and then put batteries back into your controller. Press 1+2 and it should synch back up as #2. If you put batteries back into the controller that was formerly #2, then it becomes #3.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
Or you can...Y'know...Just turn the Wii off and turn it back on.

Makkun

Makkun

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Video games, anime, sleeping, guitar, drums, writing, programming, collecting video games, sleeping, sleeping.
No Jax, it doesn't work that way.

And yeah, Inno, you can do that, and you don't even need to take out the batteries, and that's faster if you're already in a game, but permanent syncing is best before you start playing because well... it's permanent. >>

Until you re-permasync though. (:

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
My Wii doesn't do that. It just syncs whatever controller we press a button on first as player #1.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />

My Wii doesn't do that. It just syncs whatever controller we press a button on first as player #1.

Mine does that also. I have 4 controllers, and as long as all 4 are off when I turn the system on, I can activate any one of the 4 and it becomes the first player. Usually the other 3 synch up in the same way.
On rare occasion I have to hard synch them, but that ony takes a couple minutes.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I only have two controllers, and yeah, they just sync up real easy. I only had to hard sync them once, when I first activated the second controller.

Makkun

Makkun

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Weird. o_o

Do you have launch Wiis? Maybe mine's different because I got mine at launch... but then again the firmware updates should fix that. >> But then again maybe not. @___o

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Um, no I just got mine for Christmas.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Sounds like a case solved. It's up for the forensics now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users