Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

UK Release Date for JoD

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ok. I just got an interesting email from our main Sega man, Arch'.

He's telling me that the UK is getting JoD on the 18th of January but the rest of Europe are still getting it on the 25th.
Interesting.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Thats...weird.

Tsukasa

Tsukasa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Harry Potter, drawing, reading, gaming.
Is that reliable info though? They did tell you's that it was going to be a global release too. I just don't want to get my hopes up.

whatabout_paul

whatabout_paul

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Obsessed with games. I've got most recent consoles bar a PSP (I had one but it was crap so I sold it) and PS3 (It's too expensive to bother with). Other than that I'm into my wrestling. I'm training to be a pro wrestler and am a huge fan. I like my music too, guitar bands of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's a good tune you can sing to I'm happy.
I thought it was 18th Jan anyway, or so it has said on GameFAQs for an age and they are usually reliable about this sort of stuff. I’m cautiously optimistic that it should be out in two weeks time. Just have to warn the girlfriend that she might be getting neglected round about then.

Ronnie

Ronnie

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
hhmm well it is a nice surprise and does beat waiting till the 25th, but I wonder why an early UK release? *scratches head*

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Man, Europe gets jobbed, doesn't it? Us in the US got it the 19th of December. I wonder why the gaming industry likes to gyp Europe.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
This was confirmed over at Sonic News , but for the whole of Europe.

Tsukasa

Tsukasa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
Ah well. I'll be ringing GAME in advance just to make sure. Don't want to be driving all the way there just to find out it's not out.

Haruka

Haruka

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon, Sonic, NiGHTS, Animé&Manga, draws, cats, chocolate, plushes...
Is released in Europe the day 18 too O_o.

"Sega Europe have revealed release dates for their upcoming games in Q1. The games and dates are as follows -
January -
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (Wii)- January 18th
"

And the notice in spanish:

"Sega of Europe ha distribuido nuevas fechas de lanzamiento para el primer trimestre de 2008:
Enero:
Nights: Journey of Dreams (WII): 18 de enero.
"

I'm spanish and I'm glad that finally go released before, the date January 25th is very late.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Ah well. I'll be ringing GAME in advance just to make sure. Don't want to be driving all the way there just to find out it's not out.

This was told to me by our Sega person in the UK, not the one in Amsterdam. That guy in Amsterdam has not been in contact with us since we saw him so we can just pretty much forget he exists since everything he told us turned out to be incorrect information.
The Sega guy in the UK knows his stuff. He's not let us down yet so i trust what he's saying. :mellow:

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Well, at least you will be getting the game a bit earlier for once. Maybe the game will be better received in Europe. Not likely, but still, getting it a bit early is always nice, right?

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I have a friend lives in the UK I love teasing him because I'm always getting things before him. But I do feel bad. January 18th.... Ay....

captain boombatty

captain boombatty

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Its only gonna be a few days now (no matter what the actual release date) - anyway - the anticipation is one of the best bits. tick tock, tick tock, tick.....

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I have added a handydandy countdown on the index page. Because if you guys are anything like me, your concept of time/the year is crap.

LET US WAIT TOGETHER.

Ronnie

Ronnie

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
Damn why do my assignments have to be handed in during Jan and Feb? Can't I just have a late sumbmission for NiGHTS related purposes, i'm sure the exam board won't mind :P

catchan2007

catchan2007

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Drawing<br />Writing<br />Anime/manga (Fav titles include D. Gray-man, Buso Renkin, Gurren Lagann and a few more but if I typed it all out, there'd be no space left!!)
Yay! It's not too far away!!! I knew the NiGHTS Fund would come in handy!!! *yes, i have a NiGHTS Fund*

Tsukasa

Tsukasa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

This was told to me by our Sega person in the UK, not the one in Amsterdam. That guy in Amsterdam has not been in contact with us since we saw him so we can just pretty much forget he exists since everything he told us turned out to be incorrect information.
The Sega guy in the UK knows his stuff. He's not let us down yet so i trust what he's saying. :)

Ah ok. Guess I better make sure I have game funds in 2 weeks then :D

Ronnie

Ronnie

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
1 more week folks!

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
Do us poor lot have any ads yet? (even if they -are- just idiots waggling Wiimotes around) Because I'm curious XD

I've been couting down how long til the game's out to one of the chefs I work with. He doesn't care, he's more of an FPS person, but I tell him anyway XD

Posted Image
drew this just for today XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Only 4 or something days for us to go now. Unfortunately DiGi has come down with adult chicken pox and is incredibly pissed off at this development. We're hoping he gets better so he's up to playing the game on Thursday.

*jumps into nursemode*

Diogothedreamer

Diogothedreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid gamer but also enjoy all kinds of other hobbies such as going out to museums,events and such. As it is currently Winter it means hibernating in house rather than going out a lot. <br /><br /> I should also mention that growing up playing on SEGa systems it is now my favorite game company in the whole world. The games developed by it always inspire me a lot and remind me of all those games many years ago such as Nights that I have many fond memories of. <br /><br />I also am really creative and tend to do all kinds of art such as drawings,painting and such. However, lately I have focused more on my computing course so have not done much. :)
Yay, these 4 days will feel like forever though! I might be a bit naughty and try to get it earlier fron a certain place which fingers crossed could be tomorrow. ^_^

All the best for your friend that is ill.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
I hope you enjoy the game when it comes out for you!

Get well soon, DiGi. We don't want your germs all over TRiPPY's Wiimote. XD

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
The game is boring to me now...

;_;

Don't you get bored Europeans...DON'T YOU GET BORED!

Diogothedreamer

Diogothedreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid gamer but also enjoy all kinds of other hobbies such as going out to museums,events and such. As it is currently Winter it means hibernating in house rather than going out a lot. <br /><br /> I should also mention that growing up playing on SEGa systems it is now my favorite game company in the whole world. The games developed by it always inspire me a lot and remind me of all those games many years ago such as Nights that I have many fond memories of. <br /><br />I also am really creative and tend to do all kinds of art such as drawings,painting and such. However, lately I have focused more on my computing course so have not done much. :)
Don't worry as I will never be bored once I get Nights mate! This wait is making me go crazy though as all I can do is refresh the website I have it pre ordered from and listening to Nights music. :)

catchan2007

catchan2007

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Drawing<br />Writing<br />Anime/manga (Fav titles include D. Gray-man, Buso Renkin, Gurren Lagann and a few more but if I typed it all out, there'd be no space left!!)
Three days! Yahoo! Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to get it on the day it comes out cause I have to get home from school and wait for my stupid brother to get home (cause he doesn't have a HOUSE KEY). Unless my parents are home, then I can force my dad to come with me :)

Behold the anticipation of Europe!! BEHOLD IT DAMMIT!!!

Diogothedreamer

Diogothedreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I know it seems to close now and I hope you manage to buy the game on friday! I got lucky and am going to pick up mine tomorrow here in London! I dont even care if it is a review copy anymore as long as I play Nights. :)

I got it and no review copy as its full game! A whole hour went by and I didnt notice but sadly need to fo to the post office now!

whatabout_paul

whatabout_paul

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Obsessed with games. I've got most recent consoles bar a PSP (I had one but it was crap so I sold it) and PS3 (It's too expensive to bother with). Other than that I'm into my wrestling. I'm training to be a pro wrestler and am a huge fan. I like my music too, guitar bands of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's a good tune you can sing to I'm happy.
I got it! Over 11 years and I managed to get the game two days early, mwahaha. We need like an EU thoughts and opinions thread. It's... odd. I don't know how to explain it but I know I like the game. Anyway, lets see when other people get it.

Diogothedreamer

Diogothedreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Well done buddy and I was also very happy that my journey of my dreams made me get my game 3 days earlier!
When I got home yesterday I started playing it and before I knew it was midnight already!! This game is so much fun and I am even getting A ranks with the wii remote controlls. ^__^

I love Nights of Journey and today no University so will be another Nights day. :)
In the last night I found a garden to go into and ended up spending half a hour playing with this girl.

Can't wait when all of you get it so we can play guys.

Ronnie

Ronnie

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
For those who didn't get it a day early.

1 DAY TO GOOOOO!

I got my Friday all planned out!

catchan2007

catchan2007

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
NiGHTS-mas Eve! NiGHT-mas Eve!! :D (Can anyone say Night-mas Eve loads of times? I sure as hell can't!!)

Ronnie

Ronnie

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
Todays the day!

I best get some sweep :3

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Here's to the game in Europe, folks! May it be as great as it is on the other side of the Atlantic!

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Aw, seems like my copy won't come until after the weekend ):

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I'm truly eager for you guys in Europe! It's about time.

catchan2007

catchan2007

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
School ends early on Fridays so i managed to get my parents to let me go to the local game shop to get it! I FEEL SO FLIPPIN' HAPPY!!! *cries into hands* Now, if ya excuse me, i must go and play it now...

Diogothedreamer

Diogothedreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Yay,

You got it mate and I hope you have a blast playing it as I have been since wednesday non stop. I didn't play today but it was because I want ot to last for a long time and I played like 12 hours yesterday according to my wii. :P

Have fun everyone on this very special day and I will try getting some photos of some very special Nights stuff for you all to see. ^__^

PS There is no help forum so I was wondering if anyone can check what is wrong with my account as I can't send private messages! Thanks!

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
*cries* bloody shop didn't have it in stock. Now I'll have to bug my mum to pick it up from Tescos for me tomorrow instead XD If they don't have it I'll have to wait til monday for it. *sigh* oh well, back to lurking for me XD

Diogothedreamer

Diogothedreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
That is really bad luck but I hope you manage to get it from Tesco tomorrow! Your Pian is so cute and amazing how you got him to blink!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users