Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS Visual Style - WIP

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

SDreamer

SDreamer

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Finally got around to making a visual style, it's my first one ever. This one so far is Windows Vista only, and Aero only. It's only a screen shot so far, but I wanted to share it. I might upload what I have finished later on depending if people want it. ^_^
DeviantArt Link to download

Edit: Forgot to mention, that you need to patch a few .dll files to get this to work. I used something called Vista Glazz, makes patching pretty streamline, instead of taking control of each of the three .dll files and then replacing em. If you want to do it manually you can get the patched files from anti-tgtsoft. You can get this working with Vista SP1 by using the manual method, files are uxtheme.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Cool! Too bad its only for vista. -3-

Reala5481

Reala5481

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Location:The Dream of Glass, Crystal Palace. Searching for my dreams...
  • Interests:Reading, Anime, Video Games, Poetry, And Singing.
Omigosh! I've been looking for something like this for sooo long! Please please please make it avaliable for download! I would love to have it! ;)

SDreamer

SDreamer

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks. ^^ I'm shooting to have it done by early to mid February, so expect it then <_< I'll have a Vista Basic one done probably by the end of February, early March, and an XP one soon after that.

Uhobi

Uhobi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:games, fantasy books, music, oddities
well the desktop is XP but I'll definitely have to snatch this for the laptop!
It looks great!

Tai

Tai

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:I love anime and games! I collect manga more than I do anime 'cause it's cheaper, though, and cosplay from time to time. Hopefully I'll have a decent Jackle costume done in time for Nan Desu Kan this year XD. I also like yaoi, DDR, um...pandas...and yaoi. I don't like mainstream anime much though; most of it isn't very good anyway....
That's the sh*t. Pity I don't have Vista...guess I'll just have to wait for the XP version.... Hurry plz?

Nice work C:

Haruka

Haruka

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon, Sonic, NiGHTS, Animé&amp;Manga, draws, cats, chocolate, plushes...
*_______* It's beautiful!, I WANT! *___*, I have a Windows Vista.

Wiii sparkles <3

captain boombatty

captain boombatty

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Oh man thats awesome! Only now do I care about having upgraded to vista. I especially love the new start button!! I want!!!!!!

SDreamer

SDreamer

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for the comments ;) I don't think I'll get around to making any big changes on this from what I already have. The only think I think I might do is make a Windows Vista Basic version. Maybe an XP version if time permits, and when I get around to making a lite XP install and a Virtual PC of it. But I just uploaded the theme and style, so enjoy. Just use the same link, and download it from my dev page. :blink: Vista Aero only for now

Hime Blue

Hime Blue

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just...<br /><br />don't ask and it might be better for you. Might be better not to know...
Hmm, it seems as if it isn't working for me. Tips?

SDreamer

SDreamer

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hmm, it seems as if it isn't working for me. Tips?

>.< Forgot to mention you need "patched" .dll files to use custom visual styles. I just edited my first post with some info on this.

Hime Blue

Hime Blue

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just...<br /><br />don't ask and it might be better for you. Might be better not to know...
Thanks SDreamer. :blink:

Reala5481

Reala5481

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

>.< Forgot to mention you need "patched" .dll files to use custom visual styles. I just edited my first post with some info on this.

Shoot! The stuff you posted isn't working for me! Can someone please tell me why? ;)

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I have Mac OS X... T_T

SDreamer

SDreamer

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Shoot! The stuff you posted isn't working for me! Can someone please tell me why? :o

Which stuff isn't working? What steps were you taking to get it to work?
To run custom themes, run vista glazz, follow the instructions on there, it'll need a restart.
Then copy the custom theme to the directory (c>windows>resources>themes)
Then apply the theme.

Reala5481

Reala5481

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Which stuff isn't working? What steps were you taking to get it to work?
To run custom themes, run vista glazz, follow the instructions on there, it'll need a restart.
Then copy the custom theme to the directory (c>windows>resources>themes)
Then apply the theme.

*Whacks self with hammer* Sorry! Thanks for the help though! This theme is beautiful! Thanks sooo much for making it! ;)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
*bumpitybump for sdreamer*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users