Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A-rank tips?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Blue Fantasy

Blue Fantasy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, NiGHTS, video games, comics, reading, writing, drawing, anime
Ok, well... I knew the formula for A-ranks on NiD. It was sometimes difficult (glares at Stick Canyon) but all you had to do was bust the Ideya Capture fast and then get lots of links and chips in the Bonus Time. I cannot for the life of me figure out the requirements for an A-rank on the chase missions. If I ever got one it was a combination of luck and a good boss run. Does anybody have tips for A-ranks on the chase missions?

Do you have tips for A-ranks period? Also I need help on how to get an A-rank on the River Rescue, and Queen Bella.

Tips from me:
Sky Concert - Stay within the colored bar! Learn the placement of the notes (may take a few tries) and dash if you get too far behind, slow down if you get ahead. (Owl doesn't fly at an easy pace to keep!) If you hit every note within the bar, even if it's just a tad off, you'll get a "Perfect!" and A-rank! Also the pians sing along, which is really cute. ^-^

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Strange.... I got "Perfect!" shining at me and I still got a C. I think my copy is weird....

Tsurugi

Tsurugi

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
The chase missions wern't too hard for me. The trick seems to be to catch the Goodle within your first lap or right after pssing the NiGHTS capture, so you maximize your time bonus. Getting as many links as possible doesn't hurt, either. The boss aslo plays a big part. If you can get good at beating them quickly, you can double your score. The required score for an A rank varies between missions, but I think most of them need about 90,000 points.

River resuce was a total pain for me. At first, I tried going slow and getting all the Pians, but the best I could do was a C. Then, I tried going as fast as possible. I must have missed about 15 Pians, but I got my A.

Queen Bella was really annoying to A rank. I did it mostly by luck. Try shooting the first silk ball that drops at about a 45 degree angle so it goes in between the lowest two rows of the cage. If you do it right, it should knock out a whole bunch of panels, giving you more room to manuver. Also, don't aim directly at Bella. Aim just a bit in front of her so you knock out the panels as she walks on to them.

Hope that helps. :)

Draykon

Draykon

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Strange.... I got "Perfect!" shining at me and I still got a C. I think my copy is weird....

Perfect just means you didn't miss a note, it's not REALLY perfect unless the Nightopians are singing all the way.

I have just one thing to say: Rocket NiGHTS. That is the most freaking usefull persona.
In Sky Concert his regular flight speed is slightly faster, allowing you to fall back into the glowing bar after you get too far ahead, rather than boosting, and throwing off your control.

Then in the chase missions, he's even more usefull. Owl says raw speed won't help much, he's lying, raw speed helps ALOT. As soon as you hit a straitaway, boost like mad, though you might shoot past the bird. If that happens, just revert, and he should ram right into you, and get touched. ^_^

As for link missions, those are really pretty easy alltogether. There are a few close calls, but for the most part you should be able to get by on instinct, though boosting helps.

All the bosses are also pretty straightforward, Bomamba seems pretty luck based though.

Blue Fantasy

Blue Fantasy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, NiGHTS, video games, comics, reading, writing, drawing, anime
After doing some A-rank runs (complete with Will now!) I got more tips!

Bomb Panic: This one is one of the more difficult ones; I was getting seriously mad at it.
1) Dash like a mad maren! But be careful: NiGHTS is easy to lose control of after a dash, especially if you don't have it lined up just right. And if you hit the floor or one of those rock arches, you'll bounce wildly and lose precious time!
2)Get those links! Also kill the few marens that appear. The links not only give you extra seconds if you get over a certain amount, they give you a much-needed bonus to your score.
3) Be prepared to retry ALOT. If you get hit, you might as well start over, cause you ain't gettin' A-rank now.

Coaster: (forget the mission name sorry) This one is fairly straightforward, but it took me a bit to figure out what needed to be done. Dash as much as you can, you have to catch up to those Pians quickly! But in order to bump your score up enough to get A-rank, you HAVE to hit a few of those scorpion marens while dashing. If you do it during a dash, you get 100 points for each one you hit and they don't really slow you down.

River Rescue: Basically, go as fast as you can and get every pian you can! Try not to jump or get hit; it only slows you down.

On-foot Missions: Run run run like crazy! Time is the only thing that really matters here...

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games
Try, try again. Seriously, for the missions I had trouble with, I just kept doing them over and over until I got passably good.

Specific tips:

Bomaba - Lv. 2
The quickest method for me has been to charge up my drill dash as much as possible before the first catballs fall. As they're falling grab a lever as perfectly vertically at 90 degrees as possible and start tipping. You'll probably get a few cats in the holes from the get-go. Continue to fly in a circle and hit the levers by coming straight down on top of them, using a light-moderate tap-and-release method. Do not over-rotate, and don't twist the board in mutliple directions. Just straight-down, tap, release. This works especially well for the second labyrinth that has the raised holes.

Cerberus - Lv. 2
Pain in the rear at first until you figure out the trick. Basically, the golden chainball dog will vanish as soon as the other two start dragging him. So! Do NOT circle Cerberus. Instead, fly away directly in front of them until the ball drags. Then either use Rocket Persona or drill dash in as fast as possible straight at the ball. Rocket Persona is most reliable. Grab and throw. Even if Cerberus' heads don't bang together on the first toss, simply throwing the ball gives you extra time to grab it again and toss again. Rinse and repeat two more times.

Queen Bella - Lv. 2
I quickly dart through the powerup rings before she lets the first silk ball go. Wait directly beneath her and grab the first silk ball as soon as possible. Aim it at about 45 degrees into the second layer of platforms; once you let it go, chase it around and try to grab it again. Re-aim into the space between the top platform and the one directly below it. Let it fly. Grab everything you can -- rocks, silk balls -- and keep ricocheting them between the two layers.

A huge amount of it is luck.

Various kids' platforming sections
Play them through once, learn the map, then do it as fast as possible next time. Don't try to stop for every chest/item. I'm afraid I don't have a lot of specific pointers for these.

Jewel Fever
Use paraloop around nonlinear groups of gems, and try to fly in a line to get the linear groups. Catch as many of the fast-falling white diamonds as possible and then go for the chain of about 15 gems in a line the volcano subsequently lets loose. It helps to have your drill dash constantly recharged. I'm pretty sure you need at least 130 gems for an A.

Music Notes
Use Rocket Persona! Just don't do like me and keep hitting the gas. That'll ruin it (albeit with a hilarious FWOOOOOSH). Simply stay in rocket form and putter along right at the middle of the colored bar. However, the bar lies a bit, so it's best to hit the notes in time with your sense of the music's rhythym.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Any tips for Chamelan?

Wizeman the Wicked

Wizeman the Wicked

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Video games, computers, animals, reading

Any tips for Chamelan?

It's tricky and requires a little bit of luck, but you can paraloop him at the beginning so that he runs away. When he runs, drill dash ahead of him and try to make a hole for him to run into, then loop him again. I'm pretty sure that there's a video of it somewhere on youtube.

Ah, here it is:

Hope it helps!

Mattvideo

Mattvideo

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Well, Gaming is my top interest! I've been gaming since i was 3. If you want a match in MKDS, Pokemon, Metroid, Wii, NDS, X360 or want to challenge me to do something in a non Wifi game (NiGHTS Score challenge, Mario Speedrun, etc.)... Go fo it! I'm always up for a game! :D<br /><br />Next is Photoshop, I've been messing with Photoshop for almost a year and a half already. I like to make stuff out of renders, pictures, videos. A challenge peaks my interest! :)

It's tricky and requires a little bit of luck, but you can paraloop him at the beginning so that he runs away. When he runs, drill dash ahead of him and try to make a hole for him to run into, then loop him again. I'm pretty sure that there's a video of it somewhere on youtube.

I gotcha for this one.

The order for the battle is this:

1. Start: you see the chameleon, paraloop him and the battle commences
2. 1st Phase: The punk disappears into the veil and cards fly around the veil. Jacks and Queens (cards) come at you and start swinging swords at you.
3. 2nd Phase: The cards disappear. All there is on screen is the veil. Paraloop the veil to reveal the jungle background where the chameleon is hiding.

The green rings are located at the top, in sets of 4 for the 1st battle and sets of 3 for the 2nd.

In the background, look for the transparent cards after the punk runs away. Dodge the cards attacking you until they are gone. Then start paralooping like mad! THe larger the better. You'll start to see cards in the jungle background as you paraloop. Keep on paralooping until you find the transparent cards, then follow their direction in number decreasing order (w/ A being the final card near him). Ofe you find him, Paraloop for the win!

In V2, the punk throws bombs in the mix. After you dodge the attacking cards, paraloop like mad again. This time, you'll see solid cards as well as the transparents. DO NOT FOLLOW THE SOLID CARDS, they will lead you to a bomb! Find the transparents, follow the order, find the punk and paraloop him for the win! If you do find a bomb, Drill Dash like mad away from it as you only got a few seconds til it goes off. Once the bomb goes off, it will blow a huge hole in the magic veil, giving you some aid if you look at it positively!

The things to remember, follow the transparent cards in decreasing order (from the highest, either a 10 or a K, to the lowest card, the A, being the closest to the punk) to the fool! If you can beat him on the first chain :)

Tsurugi

Tsurugi

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Actually, if you look really closely, you can see that the background is warped slightly where Chamelon is when he's running away from you. You can just follow him until he stops and paraloop to reveal him. Even if you're off by a bit, you should at least find some cards that will lead you to him.

Kato

Kato

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Uh....Art. Drawing. Anime. Megaman. Kingdom Hearts. Disgaea. Battle Royale. Eden's Bowy. The Batman. Batman Beyond. Scorpions. City of Heroes/Villains.
And wherever he stops, the curtain will glow slightly.

Actually, if you look really closely, you can see that the background is warped slightly where Chamelon is when he's running away from you. You can just follow him until he stops and paraloop to reveal him. Even if you're off by a bit, you should at least find some cards that will lead you to him.

NeTTOSAiTO

NeTTOSAiTO

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Well what I did for the A ranks was....

On some of the bosses I got lucky and timed them just at the right time. Such as on the first boss for will, I got lucky and knocked him up 2 sections at the very start. Which that helped. (Really all you have to do is time it right and try to knock him so he'll travel farther insted of crashing into things).

2nd boss for will was also luck, and it is the best way to win. What I did was dashed a ways to the right then paralooped, and just did that every so olften. It is best to make big loops, and not small ones. Really this one is nothing but luck.

3rd boss as will was hard for me at first but then I learned a trick. What you could do (and what I did) was use the rocket. Every time the ball was normal i dashed into it really fast and just knocked it flying. Just do this 2 more times and you win.

For Wizeman, He really isn't that hard. Just hit him 3 times and you win.

Then for Helen.

First boss, once you hit it and it brakes into all the beeds, circle the front, back area, and some what in the middle. You'll capture more this way and finish them off sooner.

2nd boss, well I got lucky on this one. As soon as it started I SOME HOW knocked all but 2 of the cat balls into the hole with in the first like 5 seconds. So really want you want to do here is try and angle the platfrom so they will fall right in. Same goes for 2nd round of cats.

3rd boss was easy also. From the start fly to the right just a bit and wait for them to drop the first ball, then grab it and knock it in between the top 2 rows of platforms. This should take out most of them, after that just try and knock them down. If you think your going to slow, just hit restart and try again.

As for Wizeman, same thing as Will's story.

As for the levels though.

In the Chase missions you want to stop the bird before it gets into another lap of the corse you are on. It is ok to let them get a little bit past the cage but you want to stop them before they get 2 far into another lap. The best thing to do is use the rocket when ever there is a streight shot of loops so you don't miss TOO much.

In the Link levels if you get 200 links on any that is (well I'm pretty sure at least) that is always going to be an A. Most of the link Missions only need like 150, or around there, to get an A, but if you shoot for 200 your good to go for sure.

On foot missions, the best thing to do is to learn the set up. In Will's I got an A just by going though it as fast as I could, same goes for the Glass one in Helen's story. As for Helen's last one, I got an A for opening all the chests, and getting a lot of Links. So really what you want to do is go fast, and try and get a lot of links. Also you want to try and find a set up to get as many links as you can. Such as.... In the Glass level in one room there is a circle of blue chips, and a chest not to far away, then there is a door with blue chips in them (you have to kill the mares first). So what you would want to do here is, open the chest (but don't get any), then go over to the circle, get the links there, hurry over to the mob on the floor, get them, jump over the rale, and then get the blue chips in the door. That will give you a pretty good link!

In the NiGHTS coster level, on this one you want to try and boost as fast as you can, and stop the car of pains before it gets around (i think the 2nd) turn that you go around just after you leave the cave part. This is what I did and I got an A rank.

In the boat NiGHTS level. Try and get 50 pains, also hitting that first ramp and nailing them blue chips helps out a lot!

Really I guess this is all the hints I have. I hope these help you guys!

Kato

Kato

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Uh....Art. Drawing. Anime. Megaman. Kingdom Hearts. Disgaea. Battle Royale. Eden's Bowy. The Batman. Batman Beyond. Scorpions. City of Heroes/Villains.
Chamelan's battle isn't a matter of luck. It's a matter of you paying close attention and having a quick eye.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
This game has a lot more depth than I thought.
Its still kicking my ass and I love it.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
Use the rocket persona for Jewel Fever. I couldn't get an A until I did. >_<

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I've long noticed with the Chase Missions what you get in Nightopia has no bearing on your mission score. It is only Nightmare that counts. Correct?

I'm still working on A's for Helen. My last one with Will was the Broadway Guide. I had much trouble getting an A in a few missions, the one I completed before that one was the river rafting. That was a hard A.

Blue Fantasy

Blue Fantasy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Not so. If you do really bad in the Chase Mission and get really good in the boss, you can still only get up to a B. 'Least that's how it worked on me...

MagicalWingLT

MagicalWingLT

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Well lets see... You must know that I love NiGHTS cuz why else would I be here? lol I became a NiGHTS fan 2 and a half months ago... I knew about the original NiGHTS Into Dreams game back in 1996 but wasn't able to play it since I didn't have a Sega Saturn... So now I bought one and then bought the game... Well I just love the game... So that's my little story lol...<br /><br />Now as for my other interests, I love Anime... Especially the Transformers series and such... I also love to play video games such as Sonic The Hedgehog... But you already knew this cuz I love playing NiGHTS lol<br /><br />I also like to draw and doodle... Although I haven't drawn as much recently... Maybe I'll draw something now... A NiGHTS picture perhaps? hehe<br /><br />Well that's all my interests :)
*Growls* I still can't get the A for Bomb Panick or the River Boat Rescue... No matter what I do...
I gotten 50 + pians and I get a B every time... By the way, how the heck do I get those chips by the ramp? I either jump it too low or too high... I have a feeling if I got them I would get the A...

LadyKyuu

LadyKyuu

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

By the way, how the heck do I get those chips by the ramp? I either jump it too low or too high...

Have you tried jumping somewhere in the middle of the ramp? When I tried that it worked for me... although it was pretty hard to get it in the right spot. So. many. retries! D8

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Not so. If you do really bad in the Chase Mission and get really good in the boss, you can still only get up to a B. 'Least that's how it worked on me...

Hmm, come to think of it I can recall at least one 2.0 on a boss, but I still got a 'B' grade (I wuz liek 'wtf'). However I don't remember if it was Chase or Nightmare mission.

*Growls* I still can't get the A for Bomb Panick or the River Boat Rescue... No matter what I do...
I gotten 50 + pians and I get a B every time... By the way, how the heck do I get those chips by the ramp? I either jump it too low or too high... I have a feeling if I got them I would get the A...

You need speed plus accuracy. For River Rescue, like, 30 something seconds left plus 50+ pians. Also, don't get hit.. but you probably know that..

I haven't been able to reach those chips yet either.

MagicalWingLT

MagicalWingLT

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Well lets see... You must know that I love NiGHTS cuz why else would I be here? lol I became a NiGHTS fan 2 and a half months ago... I knew about the original NiGHTS Into Dreams game back in 1996 but wasn't able to play it since I didn't have a Sega Saturn... So now I bought one and then bought the game... Well I just love the game... So that's my little story lol...<br /><br />Now as for my other interests, I love Anime... Especially the Transformers series and such... I also love to play video games such as Sonic The Hedgehog... But you already knew this cuz I love playing NiGHTS lol<br /><br />I also like to draw and doodle... Although I haven't drawn as much recently... Maybe I'll draw something now... A NiGHTS picture perhaps? hehe<br /><br />Well that's all my interests :)
AH! I always been getting 30 seconds and 50+ pians yet I still keep getting a B.... Ok there's something fishy going on lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users