Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Not actually eaten by a snowman

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Just a short heads up to say me and DiGi haven't gone AWOL, we've just been busy over the festive season. Plus i'm horribly choked up with the flu just now so excuse any typos/ramblings etc etc. I should be in bed O_O

Also! Santa bestowed us with an ultra new PC system of amazing glittery fast stuff, so the past 3 days have been us transfering data and switching systems. It is so -nice- to have a pc that actually WORKS, though i wont diss my old one too much as it lasted a good 5 years or something. This will make working on the website complete wonderwhoosh. (as soon as i remember my passwords for stuff and get my printer to WORK with Vista e_e)

Something else before i go, it's probably pretty obvious that me and the DiGi are trying our best to avoid all JoD stuff right now until SEGA comes here. So it's a tad hard to be around my website when i don't want to ruin the game for myself and join in all the fun. So if i'm quiet I'm just trying to not go crazy with y'know WANTING TO PLAY THE GAME again :| Cruel cruel region rules.

I'll be really active here again after the games release because then i can actualy natter away like the rest of you, but for now it's just a case of waiting and tinkering around with sims 2.

I hope you all had a good new year!

*sends germs your way*

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Congrats on the new computer

captain boombatty

captain boombatty

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Ive found vista to be a bit crashy to be honest. Hope you dont get the same probs Trippy!! Also hope you get better soon - i'm the only one in my family not to have gotten the flu this xmas - you know i'm next!!!!

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
I got a new computer too ^_^

Vista isnt THAT bad but I made it more friendly with a NJOD wallpaper and screensaver.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I've found Vista so far to be absolutely brilliant, so much cleaner and more useful than XP (though that could just be because the new PC is scaryfast i find anything great) Vista fails at being compatible with a lot of things though. Like it tells me it hates my same brand (HP) printer/scanner and that SIMS2 is incompatible even though it works fine.
The best part of Vista- the right side tool bar with gadgets on (i loves my radio and clock)
Bad part- nothing other than the printer prob so far. Which is a big prob considering i use it to scan my artwork.

For my birthday i was given a new Wacom tablet too, aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, so as soon as i get all this stuff working (and stop being distracted by evilnasty JoD) i will draw like i have nevar drawn before!

This has been a great christmas :3 Even if it's hard to breathe and my head feels like a lump of lead.

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
It is compulosry to have a cold at Christmas, Trip XD I had one too, and so did the rest of my family lol. And yay for new tablets XD

Vista... I use that, and I quite like it myself XD I've changed the boxes so they don't have that wierd 'crystal' effect going on so it runs faster, and I lost my sidebar. Have no idea where it went, but I don't use it anyway so I don't mind XD

Try hunt for the drivers online perhaps? Sometimes they have more recent drivers which should make said printer work.

Diogothedreamer

Diogothedreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid gamer but also enjoy all kinds of other hobbies such as going out to museums,events and such. As it is currently Winter it means hibernating in house rather than going out a lot. <br /><br /> I should also mention that growing up playing on SEGa systems it is now my favorite game company in the whole world. The games developed by it always inspire me a lot and remind me of all those games many years ago such as Nights that I have many fond memories of. <br /><br />I also am really creative and tend to do all kinds of art such as drawings,painting and such. However, lately I have focused more on my computing course so have not done much. :)
I agree with you guys as I have tried to not come here much too so when I get the game I still know nothing about it. ^_^

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Vista. Ish....! I avoid Vista like the plague. What you need is a good new iMac. That'll boost your digital skillz up past no other! Mac OS X should boost you up to UBER LEVEL.

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
I got a laptop for X-mas, too!

Which is a Gateway with Vista. ^.^

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Ive found vista to be a bit crashy to be honest. Hope you dont get the same probs Trippy!! Also hope you get better soon - i'm the only one in my family not to have gotten the flu this xmas - you know i'm next!!!!

vista still has yet to be fully complete ^_^ it's kind of like one of those programs that people release so that other people can download it and work on it too, except they're not letting other people work on it. the only good things about vista at the moment is it looks a lot nicer and there aren't any viruses made for it yet(as of about 2 months ago, there may have been some made since then but i kind of doubt it).

MAiKU

MAiKU

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Sonic the hedgehog, NiGHTS, Sonic Team, Anime, Drawing, Art, music, friends, yadda yadda!
*cries* Oh god i'm so happy you're not DEAD!!!!!!

*sniffle*

Have fun when you finally get the game! ^_^

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Us Brits are sooooooo deprived of the good stuff. For a few months at least XD

I thought Vista was cool and people were just warmongering it at first-
I like the cool window swapping feature, and the gadget bar thing has cool potential...but I just haven't found a useful gadget besides the mini notepad. XD
The window-in-window view is kick ass too. ^^
My annoyances with Vista come in the form of it hating anything I want to do. Phantasy Star Universe, and about 50% of all the other programs which use the internet ask for administration permission, despite the fact that the Vista has only one log in, mine, as the administrator...Not that it would be a big deal, but it kills PSU whenever I play. XD
Besides that its just the little annoyances, like how everything in the control panel is harder to find, they changed the names of half the stuff which have been the same since Windows '98....Theres also some problem with something relating to the sound, I've never managed to work out, but that may be because of the laptop and not a feature of Vista...

Ronnie

Ronnie

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
I've been trying to avoid the forums aswell as not to ruin to much of the game for myself.

Sadly though I did read the JOD topic over at the GHZ forums and they are literally saying the game is "lame" I hate mixed reviews :S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users