Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Kids' Clothing

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed Will and Helen seem to be wearing multiple layers of clothes? I know at least William has two shirts on, plus a vest. Helen's got two shirts on, along with her skirt and a pair of pants under that. I wonder how they don't faint from heatstroke. And both kids have got shoes and thick socks on. They both have warm-climate themed levels. (William has Lost Park and Helen has Memory Forest, which I assume is a warm-climate forest.) I'm just waiting for a scene where they pass out from heatstroke. Has anyone else noticed this?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
lol, it's not really all that clear about temperatures, Lost Park is the only one with the potential to be more hot, I figure... at the very least in their own dreams perceiving weather would likely be an optional thing, in any case. Now, about Helen's hair-
Spoiler

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I noticed that too.
Spoiler

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Lol, that was funny.
Spoiler

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Yeah, whoosh whoosh. I'm watching carefully at the cutscenes now, just waiting and watching until one of them passes out. Will with his 2 shirts and a vest... Who wears ALL THAT?

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Lol, yeah. WHO wears a vest anymore? (Excluding NiGHTS) I think Helen's outfit is horrendous.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Horrendously horrendous. But then again, her mother has a lacking taste in fashion as well. And another thing, we never hear about Will's mother or Helen's father. What happened to them?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Horrendously horrendous. But then again, her mother has a lacking taste in fashion as well. And another thing, we never hear about Will's mother or Helen's father. What happened to them?

I wonder the very same thing.. I mean, Will's dad would be pretty lousy to leave his son all alone, and Helen's mom would have been pretty lousy to have made her take the bus to the concert. So.... ........??

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Wiseman : HELEN... I AM UR FATHER!
Helen: Thats not true... THATS IMPOSSIBLE!! D:

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Wiseman : HELEN... I AM UR FATHER!
Helen: Thats not true... THATS IMPOSSIBLE!! D:

OH GOD. As James Earl Jones slaps himself in the forehead and says, "Why did I ever take that role?"

Now I have a powerful, overwhelming urge to draw Wizeman in Vader robes and Helen in Jedi robes. Why? :blink:

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
I bet his kid is scared of him. ANYWAY.. Maybe Helen has a Single mother?

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
That would make sense, but what of Will? His dad took off, so where does that lead him? Either he lives with his mom or with some other relative we never see.

But back on topic, with the clothing. I assume it's damn cold where they live, eh?

Blue Fantasy

Blue Fantasy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, NiGHTS, video games, comics, reading, writing, drawing, anime
Well it does snow. And they're in pretty light clothing when it does. Also Will and his pals were in normal soccer uniforms... was that a closed stadium? I don't remember.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Will's wearing two shirts and a vest! I would at least assume he would take the vest off at least in Lost Park. Place s a desert! Nothing but hot sand! Nothing grows there! It's not a nice climate! It's hot!

Blue Fantasy

Blue Fantasy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, NiGHTS, video games, comics, reading, writing, drawing, anime
Did ya ever see them shiver or sweat or show breath from the cold? They did say it's just their conciousness, so I figure it doesn't really matter what they're wearing. Like the Matrix! It's a projection of their perception of theirselves. :)

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
"There is no spoon."

But in the Matrix, Neo can feel cold and hot and whatever.....

THIS IS CONFUSING.

Blue Fantasy

Blue Fantasy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
THE MIND MAKES IT REAL.

Draykon

Draykon

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Do you get hot in your dreams? I know I don't.

Although to be fair, I really don't like the design of the outfits.

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
Just what I was going to say. Since this is the Dream World, who says deserts are always warm? And come to think of it, not all desert in the Waking are hot either. ;D

But..yeah, I agree. There's just a bit too many layers there for comfort.

Evil Reala

Evil Reala

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Do you get hot in your dreams? I know I don't.

Although to be fair, I really don't like the design of the outfits.

I don't think you should even feel anything in a dream ^_^

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Unless you've hit an uber lucidic state, I doubt there is any form of temperature in dreams. Even then, at a lucidic state, you can change your surroundings if you're strong enough. So basically, what you wear in your dreams is pretty irrelevant.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
I get hot and cold in my dreams.....Of course, my dreams don't always make sense.

DiGi was a turkey in one of them. A cyclops turkey.

Yes. No sense at all.

So yes, I assume it doesn't really matter.

NeTTOSAiTO

NeTTOSAiTO

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

I noticed that too.

Spoiler

because, the game programmers wanted to make the scene longer so they though in extra stuff? lol (or maybe they didn't think about it XD)

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Or perhaps Japanese people leave their hair up when they sleep? I don't know.

Evil Reala

Evil Reala

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Alot of japs put there hair up all the time usually.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Trust me, I can feel pain, heat, etc in my dreams.

Topic: I'd hate to be Helen looking at Will's bright colors plus the lighting in Neon City.
Glowing dreamer. Time for shades. D:

Blue Fantasy

Blue Fantasy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
I think maybe the multi-layered, over-accessorized clothing is right up there with NiGHTS' redesign. They went all detaily cause they could.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Will looks like the river level is where his vest comes in handy. OH NO!! VISITOR OVERBOARD! "NO it's ok I ahve a life vest on!"
Poor child's mother probably makes him wear it in case he ever gets stuck ina fast moving river... what a smart yet retarded parent. XD

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I love well-made fanart, drawings and well-written fanfics. I adore people who can be creative in a beautiful way (good artists, writers, singers etc). I like various anime shows, mostly shoujo and maho-shoujo. I also like reading books of fantasy-writers (Andre Norton, Phillip Pullman, Gart Nix etc). I like listening to rock or folk-rock music. I also love various pretty shiny things. I myself write and draw various fan things from time to time. And yes, I also love sleeping, dreaming and being lazy.
About making your hair up before going to bed - why, I usually braid my hair so it won't be a mess in the morning. Making a high ponytail and putting a hairclip on is quite incomfortable, though, like sleeping with hair curlers...

Now, about their clothes - well, I think everyone said everything during the show number three. It looks like character designers just went crazy and drew whatever they thought was appropriate. I don't think everything of the kids' outfits is awful, it's just a bit off someplaces... Change their color palletes, put off one of Will's shirts or his vest (and that bag on his butt too - I want to lol every time I see it), put off either Helen's skirt or leggings... though, no, we can't remove her leggings, we don't need any fanservise in a child game...
Maybe those complicated designs are made to match NiGHTS' complicated design?

A bit more logic outfits was great, I mean Will's football uniform or Helen and her mother's stage dresses - I actually liked those dresses, Helen looks better with her dress and jacket and untied hair, in my opinon.

And yes, game ending confused me too. Why didn't Helen's mom run up to her daughter, who screamed in fear when lights went off? Did Helen dreamt about that? I mean, after the concert, she went to bed, and had a dream where she plays her mom a tune of Dreams Dreams, then lights goes off, then turns on, then that dreamer boy appears and it suddenly begins to snow... It just that Helen's ending doesn't seem logical to me - Will's is okay, but Helen's is not...

Will's story confused me as well - it was said that after his father depature he was left alone. Does it mean an orphan house, or he was just left with a mother/relative who doesn't care about him?

And maybe... Helen's mom and Will's dad was married, one of them cheated on another and they got divorced... that makes dreamer kids a stepbro and a stepsis... at least that's how I'll explain their striking similarity in looks - they do look alike a lot, I mean - and why their parents don't seem to pay attention on them in the ending, being busy with their little talks... Sorry, a very retarded theory, I tend to be dumb at times -__-""" Sorry for the long post, as well

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Not a bad theory at all, actually. The kids do look strikingly similar.

Wizeman1213

Wizeman1213

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:NiD, NiD, and more NiD
I don't think it really matters. I think their thoughts would be fixed on saving Nightopia, not the weather.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs

we don't need any fanservise in a child game...

You can already see up her skirt in various parts of the game.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
BUT SHE HAS TIGHTS! Maybe thats the reason that Helen has tights, so perverts cant look up her skirt.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Perhaps, or perhaps just the fact you can see up her skirt at all kills that theory on the spot. If it were anything like a child's game in that sense, they'd do the Super Smash Bros. Melee trophy deal and make it so when you look underneath, you just see a flat, plastic-looking pixel shot and two feet sticking out.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
Tis Winter in Bellbridge. That's why they're wearing heavy clothes. :)

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
I suppose.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D

OH GOD. As James Earl Jones slaps himself in the forehead and says, "Why did I ever take that role?"

Now I have a powerful, overwhelming urge to draw Wizeman in Vader robes and Helen in Jedi robes. Why? ^_^

-_- LOL! -_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users