Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

MC's Reala Sculpture

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Costumes, sewing and petsites ^^
Hurray a Reala Model! :3

Posted Image

When Trippy first put up the Craft page, I was inspired to make my own model after I saw the amazing japanese Nights one. I basically started this in June or so? And finished him abot 2 days ago xD

The sculpting probably took the longest, I worked on it for about 3 weeks or so...and then I had to leave him in Germany while I went back to study in England. But I decided I would finish him in the christmas holidays.

He's got a wire frame inside him and I used Paperclay for the sculpting, my fingers a wire sculpting tool some toothpicks and a lot of sandpaper. And he's painted with acrylics.

Now that he's finished I'm not really sure what to do with him...maybe I'll sell him if anybody is interested xD

I'm really proud how he turned out though, and since I haven't really done any sculpting for years I was amazed he turned out so well!

I hope you like him and any comments are appreciated! :3
(I got a new camera for christmas so I went a bit crazy with the photos!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
That's fancy. How much you sellin' him for?

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
MY EYES JUST EXPLODED FROM THE AWESOEME.

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Designing, theatrical makeup, painting, costume creation, sewing, 80's animation, comic books, Traveling abroad. And of course NiGHTS!
wow! that looks like it could be better then a legit sonic team sculpt! Make it a garage kit PLEASE!!!!

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
This... is flippin' awesome. I love the Grinch-like grin. XD

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Thanks for the lovely comments guys! ^^

DAiLiGHT: He hasn't got a set price...I'm more open to offers. But I don't think I'll let him go that easliy ^^'

Lady Twinkle: I'm not quite sure what you mean by Garage Kit? So I wouldn't know how to make one! xD'

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~

Thanks for the lovely comments guys! ^^

DAiLiGHT: He hasn't got a set price...I'm more open to offers. But I don't think I'll let him go that easliy ^^'

I'll give ya.... um... 35 bucks for it? I'm still saving up money.... I'll offer more when I have more....

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Wow...that's full of awesome from head to toe. Excellent work! And very accurate!

Btw I love the first picture...it looks like he held the camera and took a picture of himself XD

Since the pictures don't really give it much scale...how tall is it?

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
DAiLiGHT : Hehe no thanks ^^ I would be hoping for more than that. I work in euros or pounds anyways and the dollar is not really worth much against them... D:

If anybody is interested in offering please do so over PM. I'm not saying I wil accept anything just really seeing if there is interest. Thanks!

TRAViS: Thank you! Yes it does look like that! xD I hadn't noticed! Including the base he's around 13 inches (33cm)

Hime Blue

Hime Blue

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just...<br /><br />don't ask and it might be better for you. Might be better not to know...
This is absolutely drool-worthy. Probably one of the best Reala-related craftworks I've seen on the internet! I'm sure you could command a high price for this guy. Good work.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Whooo-ooooah. Verra' nice. O_O

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Love his expression, he looks evil and you know he's planning something. Great job, the time spent paid off!

Uhobi

Uhobi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:games, fantasy books, music, oddities
aww man, now i want to make one...i doubt it will be even close to as awesome as yours. jeez! that's gotta be one of the best sculptures I've EVER seen...not just online I'm a art gallery nerd and this still beats out half the stuff i've seen. especially when you thing of the scale next to how detailed and exact the paint job is...man...

out of curiosity, how much did he cost to make?

PRiNCE

PRiNCE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, pie, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, taters, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS,Sonic, and did I say NiGHTS? NiGHTS!
This deserves an awesome cookie... NO! It deserves 3 awesome cookies. Great job! My favorite part is the mouth. Great work there!

You think youd give it up for...some pocket lint and...*digs under couch* A squishy purple ball thing?

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

I'll give ya.... um... 35 bucks for it? I'm still saving up money.... I'll offer more when I have more....

I think that's worth at least $80...

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Designing, theatrical makeup, painting, costume creation, sewing, 80's animation, comic books, Traveling abroad. And of course NiGHTS!
A garage kit is when you make a mold of it, and recast it in plaster, or resin. Then sell the unpainted "copies" for people to sand/paint in their garage. it's an old otaku phrase for fan sculpts.

captain boombatty

captain boombatty

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
HOLY SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats gotta be one of the most awesome thing ive ever seen on these forums (and I think we've all seen some pretty awesome stuff on here!!) I dont have the money, but if I did I would be willing to part with at least £50. Great work MC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
Hmmm, can you say...PERFECT?! VEEEERY NICE! Damn, I want to like, throw mine out now because this is full of WiN!

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games
Whoooa. That's absolutely incredible. You did every step of the process well, it seems: he's gotta have a good armature to be standing up like that, he's right on model, the clay's very smooth, and the paint is top-notch. :) Very, very cool.

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
Oh... my god.... i honestly don't know why... but i feel an overwhelming sense of sadness, happiness, defeat and awe. all at once...
*drop worships*
*tries to think... *

I must confess, when i first saw this, i was in utter disbelief...

(must refrain from saying something stupid...)

im not one for a whole lot of words... but I am blown away... everything is absolutely incredible, down to every bit of detail... the proportions the paint, its all wonderful...

the way you painted it makes it look like an actual painting in the last picture...
and the colors and shading is absolutely perfect.

i love the way you did the mouth, eyes, and hands... i just don't know what else to say other than that this is one of the most amazing sculptures ive seen in a long time... this was a complete breath of fresh air...

You are another inspiration to me... to try new things with my sculptures. and to try harder...
thank you...

Unbelievable work...

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Thank you! :) All of your comments make me so happy! ^^

Uhobi: Thank you! Thats really nice of you! Yeah the painting was terribly fiddley...
Hmm I can't really say how much he cost to make, because I live in a really crafty household and most of the things I used I had lying around. The Paperclay was left over from an old project. The paints all belong to my Dad. If I had to have bought things new I guess it could have been quite a lot, but as it was maybe 10-15 pounds?

PRiNCE: The squishy purple ball sounds intriguing...but no thanks ;3

Lady Twinkle: Ah yes I thought it was something like that. But the latex and resin would be so expensive it wouldn't really be worth it...that and I'm hopeless at making molds! xD

Captain: Thank you!! Glad you like it! :D

TehLazyOne: Thanks for your lovely comment. I've seen your awesome sculptures so that means a lot to me. Your Jackle one is absolutely stunning! Thank you so much and I really look forward to seeing more of your sculptures!

PsYCHE

PsYCHE

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
thanks alot! XDD now I'm gonna have to make A NiGHTS sculpture in my own 3d art class at school lol

Curse you and your awesomesauce Reala Sculpture! >3<;

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Awesome :D

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
beautiful work!! I would love to be able to sculpt something as beautiful of this! If I had the bones, I'd buy it in heart beat. <3 Personally.. I think you should keep it. ^_~

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I want one. <_<

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Thank you again! I'm glad you all like it! xD

It's a tough one deciding if I should keep him or not...

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Thank you again! I'm glad you all like it! xD

It's a tough one deciding if I should keep him or not...

I would say make a casting, keep the original. Now, what method of casting to use is another matter, one which I wish I was more experienced with myself

Kichigai

Kichigai

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
Holycrap... I want that. @______@

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
*Evil grin* How much would you charge for commissions...?

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*
  • Guests
O_o Holy mother of ideya! At the first picture I thought it was a painting but then-! Just wow! I envy your sculpting skills. *scratches head* I cant really think of anything decent to say I'm afraid.

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Thank youuu! <_< I'm so glad!

Purg: Hm I wouldn't be able to even take any commissions until May/June due to course work...and I guess it really would depend on what you would want me to make, how big, how detailed and all that. If you really are interested...pm me sometime? ^^

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Madaaaaaaaaam your artwork is uploaded :3

*beats you with sticks*

(apreciation sticks ofcourse)

Haruka

Haruka

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon, Sonic, NiGHTS, Animé&amp;Manga, draws, cats, chocolate, plushes...
*______*.....*dies*. I love VERY much this sculpture. Good job, is awesome ^^.

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Thanks so much for adding him to the site TRiPPY! And for using him as the new update pic! :blink: (sorry a bit late, was moving back to England)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Welcome back to rainyland D:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users