Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Iizuka-san's "surprises"

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
In the past few interviews, Iizuka-san keeps talking about all these little surprise features that he can't mention. Any thought what they might be? What would you like to see?

How about online multiplayer? Or a worldwide "Top Scorers" list? What about a system where you could design your own levels and race on them against your friends?

And what about the Nightopians? Suppose there's a 'Pian breeding sidequest like their descendants, the Chaos. What if you could breed the 'Pians, then download them as Miis? Or maybe you could trade 'Pians and crossbreed them, eh?

The possibilities are endless.

CORNSiLK

CORNSiLK

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS into Dreams (duh), fishing, hiking, NiGHTS, GillWing, dragons, chickens, beekeeping, walking, swimming, dreaming, psychology, bones, robotics, voice acting.
A Nightopian breeding game sounds fun, who can breed the wildest Mepian?
I'm hoping for that one!

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
I would like to see every feature that does online stuff offline too. I want to be able to bread pians and multiplay offline. I want to be able to get to XMas stuff with my internal clock and not the one on the internet. But I guess I am the only one that can't go online with games.

As for other surprizes...Pian definatly, and of course some holiday stuff would be great.

gypsyhips

gypsyhips

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:racing draft horses, pipes, tea, philosophy, 60s fashion, the acid queen, pin ups, getting paid!, painting, gardening, impromtu dance parties, andina music (particularly peruvian and carnival), bloody marys, drawing, gel pens, open canvas, boba, ralph bakshi, bob clampett, mary blair, arthur rackham, edmund dulac, frida kahlo, antiques, secondhand-bin-diving, uniforms, ice cream, cloves, culture, languages, alice hoffman novels, and humanism.
I had a discussion with my friend Tamia about how neat it would have been to have customizable Dreamers. Like, you choose their 'goal' or maybe even their looks.

I'm extremely interested what might be available for online play, too<3

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

I would like to see every feature that does online stuff offline too. I want to be able to bread pians and multiplay offline. I want to be able to get to XMas stuff with my internal clock and not the one on the internet. But I guess I am the only one that can't go online with games.

As for other surprizes...Pian definatly, and of course some holiday stuff would be great.

I agree that offline content should also be made available. My point is that the Wii can go online, so how will that affect the game's content?

The Wii has so many toys and innovations and Iizuka-san has stated that he wants to push the hardware as far as he can. So, thinking about everything the Wii has to offer, what bonuses will be included to take advantage of all that?

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

I agree that offline content should also be made available. My point is that the Wii can go online, so how will that affect the game's content?

The Wii has so many toys and innovations and Iizuka-san has stated that he wants to push the hardware as far as he can. So, thinking about everything the Wii has to offer, what bonuses will be included to take advantage of all that?

Yes that is true. However I am worried that games are trying to push into being online too quickly. They are makeing a lot of things in games now that require you to be online. I am just hopeing that they remember...oh wait! Japan is small and probably has almost gotten rid of dial-up haven't they? Maybe that is why the may be forgetting that there is quite a large number of us in the US that still have it? But they research that stuff don't they?

I am just worried they are going to forget and focus on Online being everything and required. That would make me so sad! :P

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?

Yes that is true. However I am worried that games are trying to push into being online too quickly. They are makeing a lot of things in games now that require you to be online. I am just hopeing that they remember...oh wait! Japan is small and probably has almost gotten rid of dial-up haven't they? Maybe that is why the may be forgetting that there is quite a large number of us in the US that still have it? But they research that stuff don't they?

I am just worried they are going to forget and focus on Online being everything and required. That would make me so sad! :P

I've been worried about that ever since I heard of these so-called "online features". they started talking about how the weather would change...well, what about those of us who don't have high speed? HUH? YEAH THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!!! *pantpantpant*

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

I've been worried about that ever since I heard of these so-called "online features". they started talking about how the weather would change...well, what about those of us who don't have high speed? HUH? YEAH THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!!! *pantpantpant*

:P Maybe we will be lucky and never have to see a murky mud nightmare like they talked about. Or always foggy rainy days like Digi and TRiPPY will have.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

:P Maybe we will be lucky and never have to see a murky mud nightmare like they talked about. Or always foggy rainy days like Digi and TRiPPY will have.

I'd want to see those, just for the gameplay value...
Except maybe the mud nightmare. Especially with the dog doo they talked about. O.O

NiGHTS- What's this? I wonder...*tastes*
And then, all went dark for poor NiGHTS...

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

I'd want to see those, just for the gameplay value...
Except maybe the mud nightmare. Especially with the dog doo they talked about. O.O

NiGHTS- What's this? I wonder...*tastes*
And then, all went dark for poor NiGHTS...

It's not dog doo! Its pian poo! Pian poo jerky nightmare.

I hope NiGHTS doesn't use taste to figure out what everything is!!!

NiGHTS: Oh. Who are you...
Reala: O.O Don't come any closer!

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music

A Nightopian breeding game sounds fun, who can breed the wildest Mepian?
I'm hoping for that one!

Indeed, after all of the testing and fooling around they have been doing with Chao world I'm sure it would come out great.

One of my own ideas was to create your own personal dreamer in your image. So you can actually be yourself in the dream world. My dream/fantasy self looks nothing like me, but I do have the same haircut lol.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Indeed, after all of the testing and fooling around they have been doing with Chao world I'm sure it would come out great.

One of my own ideas was to create your own personal dreamer in your image. So you can actually be yourself in the dream world. My dream/fantasy self looks nothing like me, but I do have the same haircut lol.

I know. I miss the chao system! Sonic Next gen might have been more worth it if it had the Chao! D:

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
God I spent like 5 hours once playing with the Chaos in SAB2.
Theyre so cute.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

It's not dog doo! Its pian poo! Pian poo jerky nightmare.

I hope NiGHTS doesn't use taste to figure out what everything is!!!

NiGHTS: Oh. Who are you...
Reala: O.O Don't come any closer!

Or even worse...

NiGHTS: Oh, hi. You're a human, right?
Claris: ...
Two days later, BAM. Sexual lawsuit.

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
I'm in the same boat as Yami, I'm stuck with slow dial-up. >>; I think a Pian breeding game would be fun. ^__^ Some seasonal goodies would be nice as well, like with what all they did in Christmas NiGHTS. The changing weather sounds like a neat idea, so that's one thing I'm looking forward to even though it prolly won't work for people with dial-ups connections. :( Hopefully they include some things for people like us. lol So we don't miss all the cool things. X3 When I played the original NiGHTS I always thought it would be fun to have a multi-player mode, like maybe a race to see who can collect the required amount of orbs and release the captured Ideya first and maybe the loser could control the boss in the boss fight? Or even just a battle against eachother option... Oooh and I loved Gypsyhips suggestions of customizable dreamers. <3's~

catchan2007

catchan2007

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Drawing<br />Writing<br />Anime/manga (Fav titles include D. Gray-man, Buso Renkin, Gurren Lagann and a few more but if I typed it all out, there'd be no space left!!)

I had a discussion with my friend Tamia about how neat it would have been to have customizable Dreamers. Like, you choose their 'goal' or maybe even their looks.

Wow, that's exactly what i thought; i'd just love to see a Dreamer that i created in the game. It'd be perfect for online play!

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Wow, that's exactly what i thought; i'd just love to see a Dreamer that i created in the game. It'd be perfect for online play!

Like, say... you could upload a Mii and the game would put that face onto a Dreamer?

Because yeah, that'd be great.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Like, say... you could upload a Mii and the game would put that face onto a Dreamer?

Because yeah, that'd be great.

Wouldn't that mess up the idea of the storyline. We would be altering the dreamers that are meant to have some kind of sigificant meaning to the game. Of course...they are trying to make us relate to the characters, so I guess it would make sense.

wyldflowa

wyldflowa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing comics! And ur... drawing comics. And... comics...<br /><br />I like games too. XD

How about online multiplayer? Or a worldwide "Top Scorers" list?

YES YES YES. I want to be able to kick the ass of some little turd in Japan somewhere and pwn the scores list... For me that would add a BIG incentive to play the game. The whole purpose of it was to better yourself and your scores - competing against yourself is one thing but the world? Bring it. :)

I'm not fussed on the A-life TBH but I can see it being incorporated in there somewhere. Maybe something like a personal dreamscape that alters depending on your scores/actions in the game that you can share with others... you know, like your own personal virtual house with your score trophies, nightopians, mepians etc. where you and your friends can hang out, chat, initiate challenges and the such.

I can see a mepian trade-post appearing actually... people swapping their rare hybrid mutant freaks~ X3 There might be stuff like alternate costumes/skins for NiGHTS (Reala skin!), bonus additions to the levels (extra masks/items, falling stars...). Heck, it could be possible that you'll be able to influence every level you play with what you purchase - not changing any of the intergral mare tracks but just adding extra scenary like trees and buildings as you go along, this in turn would make your pians happier then you'll be able to breed more, trade them in, get more stuff. X3 I dunno~!

It could be fun~ I'm more hyped about scores though...

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
I'm thinking that there definitely will be a high score mode, or some other form of multiplayer that you can do online and offline.

I'm with Yami, I hope there isn't "online only" stuff ><. I'm not sure if a Wii would work with my current DSL connection; My PS2 didn't ><. And, it would be unfair to those who don't have internet or can't afford it.

Breeding 'pians :)! They're keeping A-Life in there, I believe.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Breeding 'pians :D! They're keeping A-Life in there, I believe.

I read that they want to do that. But they may not be able to due to time constrants. Gee...heres an idea. How about take more time on it instead of rush it so it is available for Christmas. Put some other Sega title on the spot. Not this one. :) I can dream can't I?

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

I read that they want to do that. But they may not be able to due to time constrants. Gee...heres an idea. How about take more time on it instead of rush it so it is available for Christmas. Put some other Sega title on the spot. Not this one. :D I can dream can't I?

*sigh* Unfortunately, thanks to SEGA, you can't. I mean, SEGA's impatatient as everybody's favorite blue hedgehog whenever it comes to release games. Whearas Nintendo can take years to release a new game.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

*sigh* Unfortunately, thanks to SEGA, you can't. I mean, SEGA's impatatient as everybody's favorite blue hedgehog whenever it comes to release games. Whearas Nintendo can take years to release a new game.

That is because Nintendo can afford to do that. (Kinda like how Microsoft can afford to say, "If the Xbox 360 fails we will just make another system. No worries...") They have lots of other titles to come out during christmas time so that the really big titles have time to be worked on. Plus...they simple have the money. I can't remember but I don't think the Wii came out during Christmas either did it? That and they may understand that rusing things makes stuff worse. Look at the PS3 for example. There was a very short supply and the things barly got on the damn shelves before they were asking for a recall. (This resulted in the systems being sold for $8,000 on ebay and people getting shot and killed over it. I don't think we want anyone dieing over a Nintendo game...)

Understand that Sega isn't doing nearly as well as some big game companies and they need the money as soon as possible. Christmas is the best time of the year for sales and they take full advantage of it. Every game company does. If you don't meet Christmas time then you are a fool! Or they are being stubborn and just want everything done quickly. Who knows...

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Izuka's biggest surprise? The game gets canceled before it's release. Now THAT would be a surprise. XD

But, yeh. In all seriousness, i'm all for downloadable online content such as character skins and different dreamscapes etc etc.

The highscores thing i wasn't too bothered with in the beginning but lately i've found love for it. It's an added challenge and it's so satisfying to see Gillwing explode with one hit in under the first 5 seconds of the fight.
2.0, people! I finally got it! wooohoooo (just don't ask me to take on Jackle).
So, yeah. An online scoreboard would be cool. I'm all for that too.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Izuka's biggest surprise? The game gets canceled before it's release. Now THAT would be a surprise. XD

But, yeh. In all seriousness, i'm all for downloadable online content such as character skins and different dreamscapes etc etc.

The highscores thing i wasn't too bothered with in the beginning but lately i've found love for it. It's an added challenge and it's so satisfying to see Gillwing explode with one hit in under the first 5 seconds of the fight.
2.0, people! I finally got it! wooohoooo (just don't ask me to take on Jackle).
So, yeah. An online scoreboard would be cool. I'm all for that too.

Worst surprize ever Digi!!!
You know that is what happened with Sonic R though...well not exactly. It got postpone and then the Saturn died so production was cut. But it is still possible for something to go wrong and things get cancelled. Cross your fingers and hope that doesn't happen.

As for the 2.0...Jackle is the only maren I managed to get a 2.0 on. lol I am terrible at GillWing though. I too long. Congrats to you Digi for being able to perform the secret.

Metra

Metra

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Getting MAD DRAWING SKILLZ, making friends, writing, drawing, NiGHTS, old games, dreaming, using &quot;Etc etc etc&quot;s in the end of phrases, etc etc etc.

DiGi, man, please DON'T even THINK of it. Or SiLK would have a hard time buying all the forks and torches for our angry mob.

Downloadable online content would be VERY cool. And an online scoreboard... w00ts. Too bad I'd NEVER get my name on it XD

Radoria

Radoria

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:NiD, Music, and Men =D

DiGi, man, please DON'T even THINK of it. Or SiLK would have a hard time buying all the forks and torches for our angry mob.

Downloadable online content would be VERY cool. And an online scoreboard... w00ts. Too bad I'd NEVER get my name on it XD

Downloadable content is the future o//

and maybe you'll get your name on it bycheating! LOL

About the mulpiplayer feature i have NO idea how they will make it
I can't imagine an online mode for the game O.o

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Nonono, they won't be needed because... *dramatic pause* We'll have the hens and chickens on our side!

Downloadable content? Yes please. Nevermind alternate costumes for NiGHTS, I want to see skins for the bosses, levels and pians as well.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
If contant is downloadable will I have to have broadband? I would like it if I could donwload the stuff to my SD card from my computer and then transfer it. That might not be too bad. But I still say they should have everything in there to begin with. Otherwise everyone is going to start makeing games really fast, and then over the next 2 years keep adding contant to it. ARG!

As for Surprizes...I am still curious about what The Great Mother thing is about. I am very curious as to the role it plays.....

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
I concur, DiGi, that would be the biggest surprise of all! Lest we forget how many, er, "unfriendly" emails were sent in for the Sega Project.. XD;;

Downloadable and online features? I'm all for 'em! And it'd be nice to include those who must go without, like a CD to order or something.. I wonder if we'll be paying for added features? Man, I hope not. Sega would never do that to us, not after 11 years of waiting!

Actually there's one ideya I've wanted to see in a NiGHTS game for ages.. and it's kinda dumb. XD; But I would love, after the main story, when all the baddies are paralooped out of existence.. to have a beautiful dreamscape to explore. To fly through. No egg alarms, no timer, no baddies, just flying (or walking) as long as you like. Say! If they make a Pian garden like the Chao gardens, maybe there..!

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Actually there's one ideya I've wanted to see in a NiGHTS game for ages.. and it's kinda dumb. XD; But I would love, after the main story, when all the baddies are paralooped out of existence.. to have a beautiful dreamscape to explore. To fly through. No egg alarms, no timer, no baddies, just flying (or walking) as long as you like. Say! If they make a Pian garden like the Chao gardens, maybe there..!

I almost forgot to mention that. I remember when playing a N64 game that was all about flying. You did all kinds of diffrent things that invovled flying (Hanggliding, helicoptrs, bird wings, jet packs, etc) and complete objectives that were given to you. However, the BirdWing mode was a free mode. I could fly all around A lot of the differnt landscapes put in the game and do whatever I wanted. I would like to have a feature like that. Total free mode flying around the dreamscapes...oh yes that would be nice!

NiGHTSfan

NiGHTSfan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

I almost forgot to mention that. I remember when playing a N64 game that was all about flying. You did all kinds of diffrent things that invovled flying (Hanggliding, helicoptrs, bird wings, jet packs, etc) and complete objectives that were given to you. However, the BirdWing mode was a free mode. I could fly all around A lot of the differnt landscapes put in the game and do whatever I wanted.

Pilotwings 64? Great game.

I think that would be an amazing mode for NiGHTS as well.

I would like more X-Mas NiGHTS type features, and the Forecast Channel features they've announced to be in-game. I'd be willing to bet the latter gets canned. (Remember the "Passing of Time" features in SONIC THE HEDGEHOG?)

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Pilotwings 64? Great game.

I think that would be an amazing mode for NiGHTS as well.

I would like more X-Mas NiGHTS type features, and the Forecast Channel features they've announced to be in-game. I'd be willing to bet the latter gets canned. (Remember the "Passing of Time" features in SONIC THE HEDGEHOG?)

Yes! Thats what it was!

Passing of Time? What was that about. I never stayed on top of the Next gen Sonic The Hedgehog when they were making it. Once I saw how Eggman lost most of his fat and then a bunch of other loads of weird stuff...I lost interest.

NiGHTSfan

NiGHTSfan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
In the first playable demo, if you stood still for a second, time would pass REALLY fast. I'm not sure if the speed of the time-passing was just for show, but it was supposed to be a major feature, and it just disappeared.

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^

Ooooh I agree, that would be most wonderful. <3's~ I've always wished that the original was that way. The dreamscapes were always so pretty. I wished I could have been able to explore them more freely so I could see everything. That would be awsome if that was the surprise!

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Would this work? If the new game is side to side, then they're going to have a hard-time making a 2.5 sandbox game. :D

But otherwise, that ideya is BRILLIANT.

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Oh yeah, I hadn't thought about that... I kind of wish it wasn't side to side. >.< lol Maybe the surprise then is that it won't be side to side? >>;

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Oh yeah, I hadn't thought about that... I kind of wish it wasn't side to side. >.< lol Maybe the surprise then is that it won't be side to side? >>;

As long as it's not looking at NiGHTS' butt the whole time (ala SATSR)...I'm cool with it.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

As long as it's not looking at NiGHTS' butt the whole time (ala SATSR)...I'm cool with it.

I don't think some people would mind looking at NiGHTS's butt. :D Link

Here is something else I just thought of...what if they replace the alarm egg with something else? That would be a big surprize to me.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

I don't think some people would mind looking at NiGHTS's butt. :D

Here is something else I just thought of...what if they replace the alarm egg with something else? That would be a big surprize to me.

:o Alarm pie.
Alarm toilet.
Alarm turkey.
Alarm...uh...pie again?
Alarm Hedgehog.
Alarm DEATH.
Alarm HORRIBLE DEATH.
Alarm TRiPPY. XD
Alarm MORE DEATH.
Alarm clock? Nah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users