Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Possible Project, does any-one appove?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

C-Puff

C-Puff

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Cartoons and Animation, Movies, Terry Pratchett, RPGs, art books, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Invader Zim, art, books, SPECIFIC anime and Manga, food, sleep, etc.<br /><br />I'm currently studying to become a 2D animator at VanArts (Vancouver school for the media Arts)
I'm not entirely sure this is the right topic place thing to post this in but I didn't know where else to post it.
Now first of all I am a horrible procrastinator, I do not have anything besides Photoshop elements at this time, and I'm at a school with a heavy work load so I have no idea if I'll finish this or even get around to it, but I'm toying with the idea for as long as it interests me:
Ok enough waffling.

I was thinking, NiGHTS is a very symbolic game and its fanbase is pretty open minded about things such as dreams and dreamcatchers etc. So I was thinking, should I toy around with a NiGHTS Tarot deck? Just the Major arcana obviously (I'm not masochistic enough to do all 76 cards)
Not for serious use obviously (I'm not fond of Tarot decks featuring specific things) but I think it would be fun to try and find things in the NiGHTS universe that can have a meaning in Tarot as well. I have some ideas for some of the cards already.

So.. ..what do you think? I'm such a newbie and I'd appreciate any ideas and suggestions. 83 I don't normally take offense from helpful critisism. or at least I try not to.
Am I toying around with something too freaky even for the NiGHTS fanbase? Has it been done already? is it quite COMMON actually?

Uhobi

Uhobi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:games, fantasy books, music, oddities
personally, I think a NiGHTS tarot deck would be awesome. I'm not really into the card myself either but the artwork never seems to disappoint...
Actually, if you don't want to do all the cards, you could probably have the people here help out. Maybe do a contest or something for certain cards you know you aren't going to do and add your favs to the deck.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
DarkBurraki started on this a long time ago but never finished. I think it'd be a very interesting idea! You're probably aware of this, but make sure to carefully check out the meanings of Major Arcana - not just the usual meanings, but also when the card is turned up-side down.

C-Puff

C-Puff

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Cartoons and Animation, Movies, Terry Pratchett, RPGs, art books, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Invader Zim, art, books, SPECIFIC anime and Manga, food, sleep, etc.<br /><br />I'm currently studying to become a 2D animator at VanArts (Vancouver school for the media Arts)

make sure to carefully check out the meanings of Major Arcana - not just the usual meanings, but also when the card is turned up-side down.

I am a tarot user so I know the cards pretty well, but I plan on doing my research yes 83 don't worry about that~ <3

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
I've always wanted to do cards but I'm terrible with research... thats why i stuck with just doing normal deck face cards... till I found out those have meaning too. @_@

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
NiGHTS IS THE FOOL! : D

(Edit: 800th Post! W00T!)

C-Puff

C-Puff

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

NiGHTS IS THE FOOL! : D

(Edit: 800th Post! W00T!)

XDDDDD Well OBVIOUSLY~!! That's actually the thing that STARTED all this was me looking at NiGHTS and going "You in Tarot, He'd probaby be The Fool"

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Yay! Point for Kitsune!

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games
It crossed my mind, actually. I'd love to make NiGHTS cards... problem for me is that school eats up all my time and barely leaves me any time for art for myself. :lol: A project like illustrating and coloring the Major Arcana would definitely take me more than a year (heck, I made 18 little charms for Christmas last year and still haven't finished 3 of them a year later).

So tempting, though. You should go for it!

Chlorine

Chlorine

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:moon
i once drew the major arcana of a nights deck. i scrapped it because it ended up seeming silly.

ill always like the idea of a nights tarot, however i think people go about it the wrong way, generally. for example, making nights the fool (ive never seen a nights themed tarot concept that didnt involve nights in this role). the story in the major arcana revolves around the fool and his journey. it would probably be more suitable to use one of the children, as they are the ones who go through a transitional period according to the story. nothing is really known about nights or his background. theres just that nagging factor that nobody gives a sh!t about the kids, as they're boring and one dimensional... but using nights for the role starts to go into creepy fanfiction territory and reading way too much into the minimal and ambiguous plot of a score attack videogame. i dont think any human can really relate to nights personal struggles (he is a monster clown who scares people in their sleep) so it would not make a very effective deck.

it could certainly be cute though and i endorse the idea.

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games

i once drew the major arcana of a nights deck. i scrapped it because it ended up seeming silly.

ill always like the idea of a nights tarot, however i think people go about it the wrong way, generally. for example, making nights the fool (ive never seen a nights themed tarot concept that didnt involve nights in this role). the story in the major arcana revolves around the fool and his journey. it would probably be more suitable to use one of the children, as they are the ones who go through a transitional period according to the story. nothing is really known about nights or his background. theres just that nagging factor that nobody gives a sh!t about the kids, as they're boring and one dimensional... but using nights for the role starts to go into creepy fanfiction territory and reading way too much into the minimal and ambiguous plot of a score attack videogame. i dont think any human can really relate to nights personal struggles (he is a monster clown who scares people in their sleep) so it would not make a very effective deck.

it could certainly be cute though and i endorse the idea.

You bring up an excellent point. It's quite tempting to make NiGHTS The Fool because of his jestery costume and status as star character of the franchise, but it is the kids undergoing the biggest personal journeys over the course of the game(s). Well, I guess after JoD one could make a better case for NiGHTS as The Fool, but regardless it's still the kids and their interactions with the cast that shape the story.

I think Elliot should be The Fool. :lol: Accompanied by a Nightopian as his dog. He's so easy to make fun of, poor kid.

C-Puff

C-Puff

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
well this is what I was thinking (Although this is still very vague and I haven't done any thumbnails for it yet)

0 The Fool - NiGHTS Dualizing with one of the Dreamers.
Reason: Because of the "Beginnings of a Journey which could be physical, spiritual or mental" I thought One of the children dualizing with NiGHTS (Drawn to appea they'redoing it for the first time) might translate this well. Mostly inspired by the image in the Opening Cust scene of Will Dualizing with NiGHTS, looking nervous and uncertain by going for it. The fact that they're dualizing would also double for the meaning of Force and Power as NiGHTS needs to Dualize with a Dreamer/visitor in order to gain the power he needs etc. If I read over the positive meanings of The Fool I can easily picture how that could work in a Dualizing picture. The meaning translator I glimpsed at says:

"Beginnings, most probably of journeys which may be possibly mental, physical or spiritual. The beginning of a new life-cycle. Energy, force, happiness and optimism. The overturning of the status quo or existing states by unexpected happenings. Innocence, naivety, and spontaneity. Important decisions to be made."

However I will look at other meanings as well to get a broader idea and not get a boxed in idea of what the card may mean in one person's opinion. I will also read the story behind the cards obvious 83

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users