Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Odd Things About NiGHTS

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Malan

Malan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Video games, internet, music, you? ^^
Here's the glitch I told you : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bcehmZOaLA
Sooo funny but quite random to do :)

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Here's the glitch I told you : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bcehmZOaLA
Sooo funny but quite random to do :)

Oh yes this is a nice video. I guess Reala had other matters to attend to. lol

Rhayader

Rhayader

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS (of course), games, gaming in general, NiGHTS, and other random stuff
that was awesome, had to leave a comment on the video. ill try to do it myself though i dont think ill be able to do it.

about the emulator, sometimes on order to make the games run smoothly the emulator just removes some textures or layers. that can also happen if the game cant be fully emulated. also, to my knowledge none of the saturn emulators out there really work 100%

gsk

gsk

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Video games, indie music, films
Yeah, cassini/girigiri actually smoothes out the graphics quite a bit. Though SSF runs better imo

Ashashi

Ashashi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Internet, Computers, Anime, Video Games, Sonic, NiGHTS, Internet, Dreams, School, Drawing, Singing, DDR, 3D Video Game Modeling/Game Design
XD after hearing everyone's responses to this I have to try all of this stuff! It sounds so awesome! Plus I wanna see Lazy NiGHTS neglect the children who made him hurt his precious head.

Though I've seen him hit his head XD tis funny to see him spin.

Sage

Sage

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Books: all kinds of fantasy and science fiction<br /><br />TV Shows: Star Trek (any season), CSI Las Vegas, Knight Rider, Avatar: Last Airbender, various old Disney series (Darkwing Duck and the like)<br /><br />Video games: NiGHTS into Dreams, Megaman Zero, Fatal Frame, Sonic series (including the 3D ones =P), Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, Sly Cooper, and still more...<br /><br />Music: Pretty much anything, though I'm definitely not big on rap.<br /><br />Other: free form roleplaying, fanfiction, getting lost in my latest obsession, and so much more... ^^

1) If you inch toward the Ideya Palace and let NiGHTS get close enough to reach his hand out to you, if you jump backwarsds, sometimes he slams his head into the force field and kicks around holding his head in pain.

2) And sometimes if you're just running around as Claris or Elliot exploring the world and then go back to NiGHTS, he'll be floating in a laying position, resting on his hand lookin' lazy and he will NOT come out. So if you think NiGHTS will save you from that Egg Timer, think again!

It DOES look like he hits his head... Never thought of it like that before. I always thought he was throwing a mini tantrum because you won't let him out. XD

On that same note, if you continue to inch away a little further, the frantic waving of the arms stops and NiGHTS slumps his shoulders and hangs his head in dejection. He looks so pathetic it's heartbreaking. Inch away a little further and the fantic waving begins again. When you turn around and start toward the Ideya palace again, he flies happily around the top of the palace and starts dancing again.

Also, if you approach the palace and then turn and step away, NiGHTS will spin around once and make a face at your back (equivalent of sticking his tongue out while sticking his thumbs in his ears and waving his fingers. I need a screen shot thingamabobber ;_; ), then stay still and watch you intently. When you turn around and face him again, he quickly starts dancing again like nothing happened. XD

As for number 2: well, you can't cross the palace's barrier without an Ideya on hand, so there isn't much reason for NiGHTS to be all that concerned. XD "Sucks to be you, kiddo!" he seems to say! XD

No one yet has mentioned Paper NiGHTS. This happens in Mystic Forest mare 3 when you go down into the crypt area. If you're NiGHTS, stick around until the ceiling comes down and squishes you. Fly out in either direction and NiGHTS will be cartoonishly flattened. If you happen to be Claris when that happens, instant Night Over. You know what they say about dying in your dreams. Oo;;

RedTail

RedTail

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

No one yet has mentioned Paper NiGHTS. This happens in Mystic Forest mare 3 when you go down into the crypt area. If you're NiGHTS, stick around until the ceiling comes down and squishes you. Fly out in either direction and NiGHTS will be cartoonishly flattened. If you happen to be Claris when that happens, instant Night Over. You know what they say about dying in your dreams. Oo;;

You can also lore the clock egg down there and crush it. Then you can walk around Mystic Forest for quite a while longer before it reappears.

Guest_PianFairy_*

Guest_PianFairy_*
  • Guests
lololololol headless NiGHTS!!!
I nevr new about all these things u guys are funny!!

Sage

Sage

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Books: all kinds of fantasy and science fiction<br /><br />TV Shows: Star Trek (any season), CSI Las Vegas, Knight Rider, Avatar: Last Airbender, various old Disney series (Darkwing Duck and the like)<br /><br />Video games: NiGHTS into Dreams, Megaman Zero, Fatal Frame, Sonic series (including the 3D ones =P), Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, Sly Cooper, and still more...<br /><br />Music: Pretty much anything, though I'm definitely not big on rap.<br /><br />Other: free form roleplaying, fanfiction, getting lost in my latest obsession, and so much more... ^^

You can also lore the clock egg down there and crush it. Then you can walk around Mystic Forest for quite a while longer before it reappears.

Dude, I didn't know that. I'm trying that out the next time I play. Thanks for telling us about it!

RedTail

RedTail

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Dude, I didn't know that. I'm trying that out the next time I play. Thanks for telling us about it!

IIRC, the easiest way to do it is to hang around that portion of the mare as NiGHTS until your counter starts to run down. Than go into the cavern, work your way to around the center, and allow yourself turn back into Claris. The egg timer will spawn and you can make a break for the other side before the wall crushes you.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I know a trick:

If you turn off the system the game will go off. It's a weird glitch. Try it some time.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
I'd like to see videos of these things. Except for that last post.

Lunis

Lunis

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Sage: When I found all those out years ago, people were like "No game is that smart"..... And these are the same people nowadays that look at the FMVs from NiGHTS and Silent Hill (on the PS) and say, "wow...is that on the PS2?"

I hang out with dumb people.....XD

My favorite part is to let him get all frantic and zippy on varying degrees of distance from the palace. But, yes, I am most amused by the smacking his head on some invisable shield when you run away. Wizeman had to do something to keep NiGHTS out of the way.... Reminds me of the Spongebob movie, where Patrick says (of the glass bowl they are in) "It appears to be a wall of psychic energy!" The Flaming Lips did a song called "Spongebob and Patrick Encounter the Wall of Psychic Energy" (i'm prolly paraphrasing here). XD LOL

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Ooh, cool thread.. I mentioned it on the forum before, but you guys all notice how NiGHTS's cuffs are reverse colors in-game? Kinda odd. Also, if you walk around as Claris or Elliot you can actually complete a Mare, but don't think it will necessarily be a good thing!

KyraWolf

KyraWolf

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
I read somewhere that there's a glitch with Elliots double jump. Something like, you can keep climbing higher and reach places NiGHTS' cant. So, thats kinda cool. :(

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

I read somewhere that there's a glitch with Elliots double jump. Something like, you can keep climbing higher and reach places NiGHTS' cant. So, thats kinda cool. :(

Yeah, if you constantly keep doing his crazy physics-defying rolling thingy, he goes pretty far and to weird places! I remember bouncing around the whole level like that in amazement of his physical prowess. He should be a frilly gymnast, not a basketball player.

KyraWolf

KyraWolf

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Yeah, if you constantly keep doing his crazy physics-defying rolling thingy, he goes pretty far and to weird places! I remember bouncing around the whole level like that in amazement of his physical prowess. He should be a frilly gymnast, not a basketball player.

*mental image of Elliot in a leotard*....*SNORT*

But, oh, cool. Now that that's confirmed, I'll have to go try it. xD

Anyone ever notice in frozen bell that here's all these Pians waiting for the train on the platform... and... they... dont go on it? xD At least in my game anyway, they're all there.

Also, if Pians love you, they build statues of NiGHTS in Soft Museum and Snowmen in Frozen Bell. I don't know if someone mentioned that already.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I've never noticed most of the things you guys mentioned...
Maybe I need to walk around the levels more and stop worrying about the time clock. XD

Wizeman1213

Wizeman1213

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:NiD, NiD, and more NiD
whoa, I've going to try that right now! Brb :) :lol:

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I guess this counts.. In the back of the instruction booklet in the "Special Thanks", Elliot and Claris are named.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

I guess this counts.. In the back of the instruction booklet in the "Special Thanks", Elliot and Claris are named.

XDD I remember seeing that in the Credits section. I never noticed that in the manual, though >>.

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I am one who absolutely loves dreaming. It is something people do all the time but don't notice. Without dreams I'd have less life than the little I do have now ;p but yea, I'm a humorous person and I am greatly into all forms of comedy. I'll embrace anyone who wants to be a lovely internet companion of mine and YOU are automatically my friend if you had the audacity to read this whole thing.
oh yeah splash garden lap 4 you get in the huge water area and immediately hold boost as you come back out, he doesn't spin. you have a long time to look at him too. believe it

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
I might have mentioned this...but in the Score example in the Instruction manuel, it says 'Cralis' instead of 'Claris'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users