Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Odd Things About NiGHTS

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
I've been playing NiGHTS a LOT recently, especially since I've caught wind of NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams. So, as a result, I've notice QUITE a few things.

1. If you leave NiGHTS alone, sometimes he'll start to move his arms and legs in a wierd motion, almost like he's swimming. I'm not exactly sure how this works, but I only got it to work if I landed NiGHTS near the edge of something.

2. Sometimes, if you start to draw a Para-Loop around a Pian, they'll get scared and run out of the circle.

3. If you enter the Ideya Palace while the camera is on the Stage-Three taking the Ideya away, then NiGHTS looks like he's driving a car. Additionally, if you do this then hold A down while the camera is still on the Nightmaren, when you see NiGHTS, his feet are gone and his hat/horns are much longer, and he goes much faster, just as if he was doing a drill dash, but he is still in a sitting position with his arms held forward. ^^

Just some little morsels of juicy info.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
1) If you inch toward the Ideya Palace and let NiGHTS get close enough to reach his hand out to you, if you jump backwarsds, sometimes he slams his head into the force field and kicks around holding his head in pain.

2) And sometimes if you're just running around as Claris or Elliot exploring the world and then go back to NiGHTS, he'll be floating in a laying position, resting on his hand lookin' lazy and he will NOT come out. So if you think NiGHTS will save you from that Egg Timer, think again!

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
:blink: I forgot about NiGHTS' anger at Claris and Elliot. Then he gets you back by not saving you from the clock.
Classic.

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Games
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends
1)If you grab a enemy and while looping around them hold the dash button and you will be dashing but without spinning around
2)In Soft museum, in the part with all the mirrors, if you find a bit with Claris where she stops but keeps running, she speeds up insanely, then if you run around she runs very fast...crazy really.

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
How weird. Now I'ma have to pull out my game and try these all out. XD lol I already knew about this one:

3. If you enter the Ideya Palace while the camera is on the Stage-Three taking the Ideya away, then NiGHTS looks like he's driving a car.

But I haven't heard about the others. Thanks for posting them.~ ^-^

Leedz

Leedz

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

1) If you inch toward the Ideya Palace and let NiGHTS get close enough to reach his hand out to you, if you jump backwarsds, sometimes he slams his head into the force field and kicks around holding his head in pain.

BAH, you beat me to the punch, Purg! This was something I had listed in a similar thread at the old forums, and when I saw this thread I was going to post it here. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! </Vader>

Actually I had a couple others that I listed with this way back in my original post, but as it's late and my belly hurts, my brainmeats are a little fried. x_x I'll remember and post them tomorrow.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
I've got a couple new ones.

In Splash Garden, if you kill all the Pians, the music is more cheerful than the normal. :D

NiGHTS has no period of invincibility after being hit. While fighting Clawz, I got hit three times in a row.

*I was down to two mouse rockets; he was jumping between them and hitting me; so 1. he hit me 2. a rocket hit me 3. he hit me again*

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

I've got a couple new ones.

In Splash Garden, if you kill all the Pians, the music is more cheerful than the normal. :D

NiGHTS has no period of invincibility after being hit. While fighting Clawz, I got hit three times in a row.

*I was down to two mouse rockets; he was jumping between them and hitting me; so 1. he hit me 2. a rocket hit me 3. he hit me again*

If you kill a mepian than that is a good thing and the music will get better, because mepians are not considered Nightopians. That and if a pian becomes a full mepian, (pretty much a nightmaren) it will start eating the nightopians. Even if the mepian only had one maren part. It is still a mepian. Are you sure that is not what happend.

I am sorry you got hit so many times. That stinks.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

If you kill a mepian than that is a good thing and the music will get better, because mepians are not considered Nightopians. That and if a pian becomes a full mepian, (pretty much a nightmaren) it will start eating the nightopians. Even if the mepian only had one maren part. It is still a mepian. Are you sure that is not what happend.

I am sorry you got hit so many times. That stinks.

You misunderstand. I started a new game, and on each level I wiped out all the Pians (meaning they didn't have time to make Mepians). So, NiGHTS must sing his own happy tune to all the pianslaughter.

:D IN THE NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTS!
PIANS DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

You misunderstand. I started a new game, and on each level I wiped out all the Pians (meaning they didn't have time to make Mepians). So, NiGHTS must sing his own happy tune to all the pianslaughter.

:) IN THE NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTS!
PIANS DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!

Wow are you sure? That werid. You checked the numbers too during pause right? Are they all high Numbers?

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Wow are you sure? That werid. You checked the numbers too during pause right? Are they all high Numbers?

Oh, crap, I forgot about checking the numbers...damn...

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Oh, i wanna make NiGHTS hit his head *evil laugh* that would be hilarious.

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, cosplay, linguistics, music, art, baking, cooking, sciences
NiGHTS hitting his head... I abuse that. XD I find it ridiculously amusing and cute. I have to see him being lazy, though... And flee from that bloody timer as fast as I can. XD And I've not yet tried to wipe out all the Maren in the levels. o.o I should do that.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
This doesn't have to do with gameplay, but when you're listening to the menu music, if you listen carefully to all the kids laughing and talking, you hear a part from the movie Home Alone. You hear the part when kevin is searching his house and goes "Hello? HelloOOOooo...."

That always makes me laugh. :P

As for lazy NiGHTS, I have to try that again, because I don't know exactly what element causes it. I think its that if you can manage to get enough to destroy an Ideya capture on your own, you have to do it like that. Its happened to me a few times, but I'm thinking thats the one thing most of the times had in common, that I ended up having to leap into the captures and then go to NiGHTS for the next one.

He looks like this:
Posted Image
Just floating in that position. XD And he doesn't come out.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
I think that happens if you run out of time and try to go back into the Ideya Palace without the Ideya.

Malan

Malan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Video games, internet, music, you? ^^
Another thing I noticed, when REALA is sat on his throne and when he dies, you can still push him, you can ear the sound of the collision. When he's sat, if you push him slowly you can freeze the game!
I made a video with an empty throne and a NiGHTS in background alone...., funny! I'll upgrade it in Youtube later maybe ^^
EDIT: The video is in the next page of this topic

gsk

gsk

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Video games, indie music, films

If you kill a mepian than that is a good thing and the music will get better, because mepians are not considered Nightopians.

You also get 80 points for each one and you dont lose the m4 star bonus, so the game pretty much encourages you to kill them...

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
ugh. i wish i had my saturn with me. this sounds so funny, i wanna make NiGHTS hit his head heheheh

Malan

Malan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
OMG gsk, don't kill my lovely Pian! XD
But you're right, and you earn more for Mepian if I remember right...

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
I checked the numbers on Splash Garden. There was 1 Pian left, and he wasn't happy.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
You cruel, cruel people. XD

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

You cruel, cruel people. XD

:P I likes me some death.
But if you kill all the Pians, the A-Life for that dream resets. >_< THEY WON'T STAY DEAD.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Another thing I noticed, when REALA is sat on his throne and when he dies, you can still push him, you can ear the sound of the collision. When he's sat, if you push him slowly you can freeze the game!
I made a video with an empty throne and a NiGHTS in background alone...., funny! I'll upgrade it in Youtube later maybe ^^

I would really like to see that. I am still confused at what you are saying though. How can you push him while he is on the throne? I don't even think you can get there? Or did I misunderstand what you said?

KatKitoshi

KatKitoshi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:video games, manga, anime, foreign music (Bollywood songs are the SHIZ!! X3)

I would really like to see that. I am still confused at what you are saying though. How can you push him while he is on the throne? I don't even think you can get there? Or did I misunderstand what you said?

if you spin dash across the screen (it's tricky ^^ you have to be horizontal to him) you'll hit him XD I caught him once my accident while he was in mid-sentence and he made his "ugh" sound while flailing his arms and legs around like I hit him normally XD

much "lol-ing" ensued XD

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

if you spin dash across the screen (it's tricky ^^ you have to be horizontal to him) you'll hit him XD I caught him once my accident while he was in mid-sentence and he made his "ugh" sound while flailing his arms and legs around like I hit him normally XD

much "lol-ing" ensued XD

That is funny. Reala's pride would have gone down several notches then. lol

I also took some screen shots of when I saw NiGHTS in the replay of the level. I think most have noticed that the replay is not complely accurate. But I remember some shots I took that showed that the look of NiGHTS had gliches too. Nothing much but eh....

Posted Image
He looks like a goat...
Posted Image
There proof! Its black in there not grey Archie!

Oh yeah and this image of me dealing the final blow to Wizman. I wonder if the lighting hits all the time...
Posted Image
Hey wait...his hands are completly flat! Was that on purppose or were they too lazy?

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted Image

Ah! Headless NiGHTS! D:

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Ah! Headless NiGHTS! D:

I know. Great picture isn't it? Don't worry I think it will go back on. Maybe that black we see is a magnitized force that keeps NiGHTS head in place. lol

CORNSiLK

CORNSiLK

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS into Dreams (duh), fishing, hiking, NiGHTS, GillWing, dragons, chickens, beekeeping, walking, swimming, dreaming, psychology, bones, robotics, voice acting.

That is funny. Reala's pride would have gone down several notches then. lol

for a minute there I thought that you meant my fic XD

That headless NiGHTS is scary.
he's hollow!!

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

I know. Great picture isn't it? Don't worry I think it will go back on. Maybe that black we see is a magnitized force that keeps NiGHTS head in place. lol

*sporfle* THAT would explain why he keeps getting stuck on those magnets in Stick Canyon...

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

for a minute there I thought that you meant my fic XD

That headless NiGHTS is scary.
he's hollow!!

No SiLK. Not your fic. Its great, nothing brings it down a notch. ;)

Yes headless NiGHTS is freaky. But hey that sloves another mystery. Either NiGHTS is an endless void when naked...or the "clothing" is his body. ^_^

Oh and jossie, I think you are on to something there. There is actually some logic for NiGHTS getting stuck to magnets!

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
What the hell- headless NiGHTS!

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

What the hell- headless NiGHTS!

It scares me more than the headless horseman. D: Someone go as that for next halloween.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
I just noticed this while having a look over Malan's site, NiGHTS into Dreams France

In this picture of Reala's boss area :

Posted Image

What happened to the texture on the floor, the usual chequered texture ? Its been replaced by Reala's symbol.
Is this like this in anyones version of the game ? Or is it possibly due to Malan taking the screen of some sort of emulator ?

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
I'm guessing it's the French version of the game so...There might be differences. Who knows. It's cool though. =3

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

I'm guessing it's the French version of the game so...There might be differences. Who knows. It's cool though. =3

I doubt it. I have seen all of Malan's screenshots and I always thought they were from emulators.

Malan get over here and conferm this! lol

striker0

striker0

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Well this hasn't changed much. Still into video games, anime, and cooking. Gotten into gunpla very heavily in the past couple years, as well as other things.
Not sure if this would gualify as being weird, but here goes.

I was playing Christmas NiGHTS earlier and I had fooled around the clock so I can play as Reala, but the next thing that happened made me trip. I went to go play the Christmas part, and sure enough, Reala was still there. Has anyone else notice this?

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
I like Reala's symbol being on his throne room floor. Why would emulators change the original though? Do they bring out glitches that are already in the game itself? *clueless about emulators* >.< Sorry for the dumb question. lol

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

I went to go play the Christmas part, and sure enough, Reala was still there. Has anyone else notice this?

Once you've played as Reala you're able to play as him any time by going into the Presents menu... maybe you turned that mode on while at Christmas?

Malan

Malan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
Yes yes, this pic is from SSF emulator, actually, this texture is just under the one we know for some reason... and it disappears sometimes in the emulator. Same thing in Jackle's realm.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Yes yes, this pic is from SSF emulator, actually, this texture is just under the one we know for some reason... and it disappears sometimes in the emulator.

Oh I see. Kinda like how Action Replay will make things dissapear for now reason. Guess this is what happens when you mess with the orginal games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users