Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I am in need of a Fan Maren [CONTEST]

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

i'm sorry, you confused me. i think you're talking about what i said of the arms, in which case i didn't mean for them to be the same. i'm trying to find a site to upload it for you to see(it's hard to find one 'cause so many sites are blocked on my comp).

and i'm very surprised you like the idea of the metal thingies. i guess we'll see how you feel after you see it though. this is the first time i've drawn metal like this, and i did a little bit of shiny which is also a first for me.

Photobucket and imageshack.us blocked?
How about http://tinypic.com/ or http://www.photolava.com/ (I just looked that one up i don't know if it's any good)

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
meow
Posted Image

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

meow
Posted Image

Thats so pretty! I like the designs. I've save it as well. Good luck!

Kato

Kato

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Uh....Art. Drawing. Anime. Megaman. Kingdom Hearts. Disgaea. Battle Royale. Eden's Bowy. The Batman. Batman Beyond. Scorpions. City of Heroes/Villains.

important note people: this maren shall NOT be female. do not design female maren for this.

I wish someone had told me this beforehand. :)
Allow me to make a few minor adjustments on my entry. The uploaded file will update automatically.
Here:
Posted Image
Hi Res version: http://demon-heart.com/random/maresukemarenhires.png
No boobs now. :D Same design though. I went and took out the neck for now to see how it'd look.

kurosen

kurosen

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

No it's fine. lol NiGHTS has pecs too but people fail to notice that. *points to poster in room*
I like the design more I look at it. Don't change anything. It surprised me tis all because I don't have any boobs. haha!

I don't mean to bud in, but could you get a shot of the entire poster for us.... I feel like I've seen a very tiny version of it before with a character in the upper left side that I couldn't identify :)

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I've never seen that poster close up.. NiGHTS has muscles.. that is too weird :)

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
here's that first sketch i was talking about.

http://tn3-2.deviant..._mitsuu3474.png

and now the one i'll turn in(yea, i suck with colours)
http://tn3-2.deviant..._mitsuu3474.png

Tsurugi

Tsurugi

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I decided to give this a shot and came up with this:

Posted Image

Hope you like it. :) My scanner kind of messed up the colours, though. The actual one is a little more orange-y than this...

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Designing, theatrical makeup, painting, costume creation, sewing, 80's animation, comic books, Traveling abroad. And of course NiGHTS!
ah so not female, but orange.... I need a redo.

Darn my slow computer.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

here's that first sketch i was talking about.

http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs23/300W/i/20..._mitsuu3474.png

and now the one i'll turn in(yea, i suck with colours)
http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs24/300W/i/20..._mitsuu3474.png

Oh I like this very much... is there any way you can color it or indicate the colors... if not i'll try and use your disc.

I decided to give this a shot and came up with this:

Posted Image

Hope you like it. :lol: My scanner kind of messed up the colours, though. The actual one is a little more orange-y than this...

I liek this too! X3 By more orange-y what do you mean?

Tsurugi

Tsurugi

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

I liek this too! X3 By more orange-y what do you mean?

The parts that I coloured vermillion came out more red than they were on paper.

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Oh I like this very much... is there any way you can color it or indicate the colors... if not i'll try and use your disc.

thanks! i tried combining that "mech" type with a little bit of class with the dress shirt and the coat. i probably could have done better, but i'm satisfied at the moment.

i knew i wasn't going to colour it, so i didn't think about colours much. now that i think about, i'm not sure vermillion would look good on this maren.

well, how about black, blue, and vermillion? a dark blue, but not really dark. i'll see how that goes.

Mythic

Mythic

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy critters, comics and animation, retro things, videogames, the 80's
What sorts of hats do you prefer (if you like any at all)? And yes, I'm going to blind you all with mah terrible artwork >:D.

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Designing, theatrical makeup, painting, costume creation, sewing, 80's animation, comic books, Traveling abroad. And of course NiGHTS!
Okay, here are my entries. I did 2...

a MALE and a FEMALE type nightmaren. :P
I hope you likey.

NOCTURN

Posted Image

PYRA

Posted Image

BLACK and WHITE details, of both.

Posted Image

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

thanks! i tried combining that "mech" type with a little bit of class with the dress shirt and the coat. i probably could have done better, but i'm satisfied at the moment.

i knew i wasn't going to colour it, so i didn't think about colours much. now that i think about, i'm not sure vermillion would look good on this maren.

well, how about black, blue, and vermillion? a dark blue, but not really dark. i'll see how that goes.

Those sounds like good colors. Maybe make the metal a blue tint? I don't know I've always been fond of light blue metals... >_>''

What sorts of hats do you prefer (if you like any at all)? And yes, I'm going to blind you all with mah terrible artwork >:D.

Well I have tons of Hats... I like them all. I like jestery ones best and if I was to think of 'Maren hat I like most I'd have to say Reala or Wizeman's. Reala's because they're big and curly, and Wizeman because it's really crazy looking.

MY favorite hat is a tube-like hat that is red and black striped... I used to draw myself in it all the time. it has two triangles at the end one is black and the other is red... it's a good hat and has served me well over the years. I'd show you a photo but my HD died a few days back and I don't have any of my files right now.

Okay, here are my entries. I did 2...

a MALE and a FEMALE type nightmaren. :P
I hope you likey.

NOCTURN

Posted Image

PYRA

Posted Image

BLACK and WHITE details, of both.

Posted Image

omg! I love them both... as I've said on DA... <3 They're like two different sides of my personality.

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
making fan stock maren is way too fun! I'm running out of sketch book. (LOL)

^.^

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Those sounds like good colors. Maybe make the metal a blue tint? I don't know I've always been fond of light blue metals... >_>''

hmm, i kind of went the other way, making the metal vermillion and blue for her hat, coat, and the bottoms of her gloves. then using vermillion again for the stripes on her pants. and i used black for the sleeves and the top of her gloves and her pants. BUT, i messed up while colouring it so i'll have to start over and i can colour that way if you want.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

hmm, i kind of went the other way, making the metal vermillion and blue for her hat, coat, and the bottoms of her gloves. then using vermillion again for the stripes on her pants. and i used black for the sleeves and the top of her gloves and her pants. BUT, i messed up while colouring it so i'll have to start over and i can colour that way if you want.

it was only a suggestion.. it's be neat to see vermillion metal.. like rose gold. XD

Nix Entente

Nix Entente

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
Haha, I'd love to take a shot at this. Though, I'm wondering if I'm too late. What sort of time limit are you putting on this thing?

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Haha, I'd love to take a shot at this. Though, I'm wondering if I'm too late. What sort of time limit are you putting on this thing?

There is none yet... maybe sometime in Feb...

Nix Entente

Nix Entente

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
Sweetcakes! I'll get right on it!

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Messed around with it a bit and added a back view ^^

Posted Image

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
This is my design for VERMiLLiON.
FINISHED!
Posted Image

d3vilcat

d3vilcat

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hmmm,what is your personality or character you want your Humaren to be like?

Empa

Empa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Robots, Megaman, Rocky Horror, Shadowcasts, Costumes/Costuming, Art, Cartoons, Pokemon, Videogames, Music, ect.
Should I post mine on here too? It's already over at DA, but I can cross-post if I should.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

This is my design I'm working on for VERMiLLiON.
Colors to be added when I get home.
Posted Image

Is that an Eye? o_o

Hmmm,what is your personality or character you want your Humaren to be like?

I'm not sure... maybe witty, stoic, one-track minded, bold, masculine, protective, loyal, stubborn?

Should I post mine on here too? It's already over at DA, but I can cross-post if I should.

Yes, since my HD died, it's best if you can post it in this topic for quick ref.

Empa

Empa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Robots, Megaman, Rocky Horror, Shadowcasts, Costumes/Costuming, Art, Cartoons, Pokemon, Videogames, Music, ect.
Posted Image

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
[quote name='Maresuke' date='Jan 5 2008, 04:56 AM' post='34232']
Is that an Eye? o_o

Heehee. No, it's a clear orb with and image of an eye, not an actual one. X3
It's more of a homage to Wiseman.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted Image

Thank you!!

Is that an Eye? o_o

Sweeeeeet~

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Thank you!!

Sweeeeeet~

^_^
It is finished!
http://ayamemaiden.d...tmaren-73980826

Tardious

Tardious

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
How much longer will this be going on? I got a few ideas, but I would like to know how much time I'll have to do it. I've been on a dry point currently in my drawing, thus I need to do a few contests to fire me up so to speak.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

:rolleyes:
It is finished!
http://ayamemaiden.deviantart.com/art/VERM...tmaren-73980826

I've added you on DA. Thanks so much.

How much longer will this be going on? I got a few ideas, but I would like to know how much time I'll have to do it. I've been on a dry point currently in my drawing, thus I need to do a few contests to fire me up so to speak.

I'm thinking about mid Feb at this point.

Uhobi

Uhobi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:games, fantasy books, music, oddities
i've got one going now too. i've got it drawn, but i probably wont be able to finish it until i get home from work...

edit: okay here he is.

Posted Image
the blue is torn cloth, kinda like the rest of his clothes actually burst through an old outfit of something...except the pants..
the pattern on his hat, coat and boots ripples out toward the ends (didn't want worry about getting the pattern exactly the same all the time..or even on both sides. so it moves and changes) and forms the droplets, after a while they drop off and new ones form. His arms and torso are made of the same stuff.
my inspiration? a lava lamp...

edit again: aaand i'm retarded. just reread your first post and you wanted blue-grey eyes...and i can't recolor the origional..maybe a quick computer edit..

another edit: okay fixed it, went ahead and cleaned it up a bit too. i'll leave the first one up just in case...

Posted Image

also i changed both pics into thumbnails so this post won't be massive...

Prizma

Prizma

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Posted Image

Here is my contribution :3 The colours would be more vivid but since it is a sketch peice, I decided to mute the colours a touch to make it appear softer.

Cheers and good luck on your search!

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

i've got one going now too. i've got it drawn, but i probably wont be able to finish it until i get home from work...

edit: okay here he is.

Posted Image
the blue is torn cloth, kinda like the rest of his clothes actually burst through an old outfit of something...except the pants..
the pattern on his hat, coat and boots ripples out toward the ends (didn't want worry about getting the pattern exactly the same all the time..or even on both sides. so it moves and changes) and forms the droplets, after a while they drop off and new ones form. His arms and torso are made of the same stuff.
my inspiration? a lava lamp...

edit again: aaand i'm retarded. just reread your first post and you wanted blue-grey eyes...and i can't recolor the origional..maybe a quick computer edit..

another edit: okay fixed it, went ahead and cleaned it up a bit too. i'll leave the first one up just in case...

Posted Image

also i changed both pics into thumbnails so this post won't be massive...

I really love the design idea a lot. Thank you so much~

Posted Image

Here is my contribution :3 The colours would be more vivid but since it is a sketch peice, I decided to mute the colours a touch to make it appear softer.

Cheers and good luck on your search!

I love your overall design. Also thanks for the luck, I'll need it. So many good designs.

Thank you.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Be nice to Squiddy, he's been through a lot the passed few days. :) This is not the original I put so much work into, as my art program decided to chew up and corrupt it, but this is the best I could recreate.

His name's not really Squiddy, its just my little nick name. I'll leave it to Maresuke to decide whether or not that'll be his name if he's chosen. If he's not, Squiddy it is! XD
Posted Image

BTW, Prizma (and everyone else) Really nice entries! :lol:

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.

Be nice to Squiddy, he's been through a lot the passed few days. -_- This is not the original I put so much work into, as my art program decided to chew up and corrupt it, but this is the best I could recreate.

His name's not really Squiddy, its just my little nick name. I'll leave it to Maresuke to decide whether or not that'll be his name if he's chosen. If he's not, Squiddy it is! XD
Posted Image

BTW, Prizma (and everyone else) Really nice entries! :D

Just out of curiosity, was Raziel a source of inspiration for that design? There are a few design elements that just scream Soul Reaver to me.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I told myself that people would think that about his feet after I drew him on paper. XD I mentioned that to Loren, actually, and she sat there trying to reassure me that that isn't all that distinct. I strongly disagreed and your mention of Raziel backs me up on that. lol

However, the only thing I can think of that are similar to Raziel are his feet, which were somewhat warped versions of Maresuke's bull hooves on an old piece of artwork (also involving an octopus.. XD)

Edit- Now that I'm self conscious and staring at my drawing, what else is there that you think is like Soul Reaver?

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.

However, the only thing I can think of that are similar to Raziel are his feet, which were somewhat warped versions of Maresuke's bull hooves on an old piece of artwork (also involving an octopus.. XD)

Maybe it's just because I'm a rabid "Legacy of Kain" fan or because this is my desktop, but I've noticed a few other similarities. Yeah, the feet are most apparent, but there is also:

-Blue skin color
-Emaciated appearance
-Three digit hand with claw-like fingers
-Leg wear that ends beneath the knees

It is a sweet design though. Very NiGHTS-like in the proportions and like me you're incorporating blue which I'm glad to see since quite a few designs have already made frequent use of white and black. Honestly, I'm surprised I haven't seen more blue up to now since oranges and blues are contrasting colors. I like it when things get mixed up a bit.

Many other designs are quite good as well. How the hell do you guys come up with this stuff?

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
-"Emaciated" seems to be my style, as Purgatory looks like he peels small bits clinging to bone to survive , along with everything I draw. (I don't mean to. Poor NiGHTS looks like he vomits to lose weight when I draw him)

-The skin is blue because I wanted to leave some little tributes to Reala since Reala is Maresuke's favourite

-Maresuke likes three digits and I didn't want to blatantly have Reala's hands reused

-I don't know what it is with me and leggings/stirrups. I'm retarded and have no explanation for that lol I just seem to be into making up funky legwear:
Posted Image

-I'm stealing that picture:D

I'm babbling. Long story short, I'm not offended that you'd think that or anything (a lot of talk usually means offense to some people?) because I love Soul Reaver and to think that I'm anywhere near that level of creativity is flattering. So thanks for filling me in and for the compliments. -_- He's a lot plainer than most of the others here on this thread!

-Edit- Where's yours?? (You said "like me" ) I want to see it! Unless I missed it..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users