Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I am in need of a Fan Maren [CONTEST]

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Greetings, my friends

It occurred to me, some moments ago, that I have not a Fan Maren, as they seem to be called these days.
It was then that I was struck with a revelation: Why not have the lovely denizens of the NiGHTSintoDREAMS.com forum draw one for me? Here's how it will work:

First and foremost: It is of cardinal importance that my new Maren be... how shall I say... "Human," in form. I'm not looking for some sort of dream furry; I want a character who will represent me. *I also don't mean Human. A Human-like nightmaren like NiGHTS and Reala is what I'm looking for... "Humaren" I call them.

Secondly, I will describe some of the constraints you will encounter upon choosing to design pour moi.
I like the color VERMILLION. This does NOT mean I want an ORANGE Maren, simply that i appreciate fine and subtle traces of this reddish orange throughout any piece of work designed to suit me.

I DO NOT like green eyes. Mine eyes are GRAYISH-BLUE and so shall be my marens'.

Furthermore, upon completion of your design, you may post it here, while maintaining the option of noting it to me on DeviantART.

~~~~~~PRiZES~~~~~
Depending on the amount of submissions, there will be anywhere from NONE (heh) to THREE winners. The winner(s) will get a free, full color commission from the artist formerly known as Petit-Chou on DeviantART: Our very own Chlorine.

Does this sound appealing to you? Then hurry up~! I've not much patience these days.

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
wow, humaren form with orange colouring(though not completely) and grayish blue eyes. not much to go on. i'll work on it.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Oooh! I want to enter! This sounds cool, and I like to draw stuff for other people.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

not much to go on. i'll work on it.

I'd like to promote creativeness.

Kato

Kato

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Uh....Art. Drawing. Anime. Megaman. Kingdom Hearts. Disgaea. Battle Royale. Eden's Bowy. The Batman. Batman Beyond. Scorpions. City of Heroes/Villains.
Human in form or not, what's your favorite animal? Yes, this is relavant. I hope to enter.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Human in form or not, what's your favorite animal? Yes, this is relavant. I hope to enter.

I like Crabs, Caterpillars and Centipedes (I know they're not an animals)
I suppose Bulls, Goats, Sheep, Snakes, and Skunks are my favorite animals.
I also enjoy mystical creatures like harpies but I don't associate myself with them.

Kato

Kato

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Uh....Art. Drawing. Anime. Megaman. Kingdom Hearts. Disgaea. Battle Royale. Eden's Bowy. The Batman. Batman Beyond. Scorpions. City of Heroes/Villains.
Heh, I still consider crabs Caterpillars and centipedes to be animals. XD Anyway, it gives me something to go on. Don't worry it'll be human, but animals help me base the design around an idea. :(

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

I'd like to promote creativeness.

sweet, but what's your favourite number between 1 and 3?

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

sweet, but what's your favourite number between 1 and 3?

11, 13, and 6.

I Suppose 3 out of 1-3. I Can't decide which I like more. 1 or 3

What does this have to do with designing?

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Lol, whats your adress/Credit card number? Just kidding. I already sketched an idea, but Im not sure if I like it... :/

Kato

Kato

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
I dunno...this probably isn't what you're looking for. XD If I knew you better I might be able to do something more to your personality.
Posted Image
Hi Res version: http://demon-heart.c...emarenhires.png

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Lol, whats your adress/Credit card number? Just kidding. I already sketched an idea, but Im not sure if I like it... :/

Yes, thats how I feel. Walk away, get a drink then come back and look at it.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Ok, now mine looks really bad next to Kato's. Do you want a Humaren like NiGHTS or a Human like Kato's? Im confused..

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Ok, now mine looks really bad next to Kato's. Do you want a Humaren like NiGHTS or a Human like Kato's? Im confused..

Humaren, like NiGHTS. Not human...

Kato,
I like some of your designs so it isn't disqualified. I didn't make myself clear enough I suppose.

Kato

Kato

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
It's a humaren, I just draw them differently from everyone else. We each have our own style. Mine just includes necks. And arms.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Ok, thanks. Sorry for being difficult. :(

EDIT: Im done coloring the sketch, let me try to fix and scan it.

spinningcannon

spinningcannon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Other worlds, art, music, literature, symbolism, psychology, philosophy, the human condition
I don't want to be nagging, dear, but when you say humaren, you mean NiGHTS-esque, right(You've seen my 'Maren-- body-styled like them)?

Plus do you have a picture or color reference of Vermillion? Just so I know I have the right shade. I don't want to be miles off. If not that's perfectly fine, so don't worry. :(

Any other specifics, or should I just run from these?

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Here is the Wikipedia page for Vermillion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermilion

It really helped me. :P

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

It's a humaren, I just draw them differently from everyone else. We each have our own style. Mine just includes necks. And arms.

Like puffy? Its fine. I guess the boobs just got to me thats all.

I don't want to be nagging, dear, but when you say humaren, you mean NiGHTS-esque, right(You've seen my 'Maren-- body-styled like them)?

Plus do you have a picture or color reference of Vermillion? Just so I know I have the right shade. I don't want to be miles off. If not that's perfectly fine, so don't worry. :P

Any other specifics, or should I just run from these?

Yes like NiGHTS or Reala.
Posted Image

Color of the left is my Favorite and is a variant of Vermillion. The color of the right is the Exact color of Vermillion. Either is fine.

Kato

Kato

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Ah...boobs. Forgot about those. I can get rid of them if you want.

Though I would like to note...Reala's got pecs. So I don't see why a female maren wouldn't have boobs.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Ah...boobs. Forgot about those. I can get rid of them if you want.

Though I would like to note...Reala's got pecs. So I don't see why a female maren wouldn't have boobs.

No it's fine. lol NiGHTS has pecs too but people fail to notice that. *points to poster in room*
I like the design more I look at it. Don't change anything. It surprised me tis all because I don't have any boobs. haha!

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Lol, maren boobs. Here is my sketch.

Posted Image

Me and my CRAZY color schemes! I tried to make the collar like Wizeman's Gem ring, because I know you like the Wizzy.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Lol, maren boobs. Here is my sketch.

http://i183.photobuc...e/danimaren.jpg

Me and my CRAZY color schemes! I tried to make the collar like Wizeman's Gem ring, because I know you like the Wizzy.

Thank you. I saved this as well.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Your welcome. Like I said, I like drawing stuff for other people. ^.^

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Ohh, this looks fun. Lemme give it a try ^^

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Here's something so far

Posted Image

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Here's something so far

Posted Image

You got a nice eye color there and I'm liking how this is looking. Continue!

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

11, 13, and 6.

I Suppose 3 out of 1-3. I Can't decide which I like more. 1 or 3

What does this have to do with designing?

well, just askin' 'cause i was wondering how many thingymajiggers i should put on the hat. and i most likely am not going to like putting more than three on. i have an idea for three, though i'm not sure i could draw it very well. and i'm not as good with details as kato is(if i were you, i'd go with that one) so expect a pretty simplistice fan maren.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

well, just askin' 'cause i was wondering how many thingymajiggers i should put on the hat. and i most likely am not going to like putting more than three on. i have an idea for three, though i'm not sure i could draw it very well. and i'm not as good with details as kato is(if i were you, i'd go with that one) so expect a pretty simplistice fan maren.

Try your idea... this isn't an art contest it's a design contest... don't worry. I had a feeling also, thats what it was.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Posted Image

Hope ya like it. Sorry, it's kinda messy... I'm lazy with the linework >_> bad habit.

oh, and the torso looks kinda long because I put the head too high... it should be safely nestled within the collar, not floating above it like that >_>

lemme know if you want something tweaked! XD

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Thanks, glad ya like it Maresuke, I wanted to ask you what other colors you like, so that I have an idea where to take it.

spinningcannon

spinningcannon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Other worlds, art, music, literature, symbolism, psychology, philosophy, the human condition

Posted Image

Apti, you're such a fishing genius with 'Maren designs...! XD I sure hope she likes it!

Where in heaven do you get your ideas??

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted Image

Hope ya like it. Sorry, it's kinda messy... I'm lazy with the linework >_> bad habit.

oh, and the torso looks kinda long because I put the head too high... it should be safely nestled within the collar, not floating above it like that >_>

lemme know if you want something tweaked! XD

This is great! I've saved it to the contest folder (on my computer) Thank you for entering.

Thanks, glad ya like it Maresuke, I wanted to ask you what other colors you like, so that I have an idea where to take it.

I REALLY like the white going on...
Besides Vermillion, I like these colors too:
Posted Image

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
i started working on it, and i almost finished a sketch of her(what are you naming her?) but i'm going to have to start over because it was just too terrible. anyways, so you can tell me if i'm going in a good direction, i made the hat have two thingymajiggers('cause i couldn't get three to work for me) and they go down diagonally away from the head and curve up. she has the same face shaped as nights, but she has large metal thingies covering the whole of her eyes and extending backwards over her head. she has a collar like the old nights design, with another metal thingy over her chest like nights' ruby thing. she's wearing a coat with two small sections that hang down past her waist and a large section that comes down at her back(isn't my vocabulary the best?). her arms ore the reason i'm starting over. if you go to the oekaki and look at the arms of my fanmaren, you'll know what they look like. i didn't realize that they were the same until i had completed them. her legs i hadn't gone to detailing yet, but they had more metal thingies at the toes.

i've really had the urge to do something more robotic lately(thus the metal thingies), so i couldn't help myself.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

This is great! I've saved it to the contest folder (on my computer) Thank you for entering.

I REALLY like the white going on...
Besides Vermillion, I like these colors too:
Posted Image

K cool, guess I won't mess with it too much then. That pic is a nifty guide :P

Chlorine

Chlorine

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:moon
a free WHAT?

important note people: this maren shall NOT be female. do not design female maren for this.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I'm trying to come up with one still. I been piecing sh!t together in my head. XD In the mean time, I'm doodling things out until it feels like coming out.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

i started working on it, and i almost finished a sketch of her(what are you naming her?) but i'm going to have to start over because it was just too terrible. anyways, so you can tell me if i'm going in a good direction, i made the hat have two thingymajiggers('cause i couldn't get three to work for me) and they go down diagonally away from the head and curve up. she has the same face shaped as nights, but she has large metal thingies covering the whole of her eyes and extending backwards over her head. she has a collar like the old nights design, with another metal thingy over her chest like nights' ruby thing. she's wearing a coat with two small sections that hang down past her waist and a large section that comes down at her back(isn't my vocabulary the best?). her arms ore the reason i'm starting over. if you go to the oekaki and look at the arms of my fanmaren, you'll know what they look like. i didn't realize that they were the same until i had completed them. her legs i hadn't gone to detailing yet, but they had more metal thingies at the toes.

i've really had the urge to do something more robotic lately(thus the metal thingies), so i couldn't help myself.

I like the sound of the metal things and naming it/him/whatever will come when a winner is announced. I have strange names so don't be surprised. (I name my orange Pac-man ghost plush PICKLES) And if you mean you drew them similar then I don't see what the problem is because it's a design not an art contest... however unless you meant they were the same design then... I'm sorry.

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

I like the sound of the metal things and naming it/him/whatever will come when a winner is announced. I have strange names so don't be surprised. (I name my orange Pac-man ghost plush PICKLES) And if you mean you drew them similar then I don't see what the problem is because it's a design not an art contest... however unless you meant they were the same design then... I'm sorry.

i'm sorry, you confused me. i think you're talking about what i said of the arms, in which case i didn't mean for them to be the same. i'm trying to find a site to upload it for you to see(it's hard to find one 'cause so many sites are blocked on my comp).

and i'm very surprised you like the idea of the metal thingies. i guess we'll see how you feel after you see it though. this is the first time i've drawn metal like this, and i did a little bit of shiny which is also a first for me.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Wow, everyone's maren is super cool! (Except mine lol...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users