Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Things in NiGHTS that remind you of your own dreams

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Wow. When playing the Crystal Palace maze, it reminded me of the dreams I have of going through windows and glass.
e_e

...and when the
Spoiler
Deja Vu.

Anyone have similar experiences?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I know I've had dreams that involve glass in some way, so I understand the notion of a ''dream of glass'' as it were.. but not in the same fashion as the Crystal Castle. Something I've always liked about the Soft Museum is the woodsy backdrop; it's that not-quite-forest, but woodsy environment that I kinda vibe with, if that makes any sense..

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I often have dreams of flying into other worlds via mirrors ala Alice in Wonderland, only with mirrors instead of rabbit holes. In those mirror worlds, things are exactly backwards. Like, if my computer was on the left side of my room in the real world, in the mirror world it would be on the right. Things like that.

Of course, then the man-eating socks start walking, and then I think to myself "Note to self: NO BURRITOS BEFORE BEDTIME!"

tinfoil

tinfoil

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I just recently had a dream about a museum. It was sort of like Soft Museum, but not exactly. Everything was either covered in black granite or white marble. The weird thing was that it was supposed to be my friend's house.

Birdy

Birdy

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Video games, drawing things from video games
Hmmm...let'z see

I dreamt about two different buildings from different dreams that seriously remind me of Crystal Palace; One was a mansion with glass walls AND the checkered flooring. (and there was this random Gillwing plush there~ *is a fan*)The second was in a place like a combo of Soft Museum and Crystal Palace, it had the SM pillars but the CP checkered floor.
These were both before JOD was even announced.
Then the MOST freaky one was when I was about seven or so (the Saturn wasn't even out XD) I was in my basement asleep, curled up, floating and this ghost like thing is coming for me. (Awakener anyone?) Then this voice whisper shouts "Wake up!" over and over again. That one truly scared me, sorta does even now, years later.

Guest_Scapegoat_*

Guest_Scapegoat_*
  • Guests
I always have dreams in places that mimic things in my life, similiar to Nightopia.

striker0

striker0

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Well this hasn't changed much. Still into video games, anime, and cooking. Gotten into gunpla very heavily in the past couple years, as well as other things.
Actually, that happened to me last night. Not only did it involve NiGHTS, but it also included Robotech. Side note about robotech, haven't watched the anime yet (except unless you include macross, but I forgot which it was) but I have played several games.

Anyways.....

I dreamnt that I was flying through Spring Valley in my veritech fighter, a VF-1S, custom paint job that consisted of blue and silver. Minding my own business, I didn't notice the huge rain cloud that was looming over the museum from the Soft Museum stage (odd, I know). Next thing I know, a huge battleship appeard out of the cloud, and what game marching out were the Zentraedi, but here's the weird part. They all looked like Wizeman, and for some odd reason, Puffy. So as I'm getting ready to engage them, I get a transmission from NiGHTS, who ironically has his own veritech, again with his colors, and Clawz, who oddly looked like my cat Katie, again, with her own veritech. Both were my wingmen, and we just dove into the whole mess of 50 foot tall (don't really know what that would measure out to meters, but I will find out soon) Wizeman and Puffy's.

Needless to say, the battle was interesting and we won. I kept spamming my missles and NiGHTS veritech, which was interesting, had it's own variation of the paraloop. After that, we went to I guess a bar in Spring Valley, me with a Smirnoff Ice, NiGHTS with a Foster's, and Clawz (aka my cat) with a Pepsi. How's that for a crossover?

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
not really,no...

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
For some reason, Donbalon's fight the 1st time felt familiar. Just the music, the action, and everything. It was recognized subconsciously, kinda like a half-forgotten dream or something. I can't remember to save my life where I "saw" it before. And no, it's not the previews in the magazines and such. Then again, Jackle and Puffy's appearances seemed to have the same effect. Makes me wonder if I did see NiGHTS in a shop window or something as a little kid.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
The city level is oddly familiar.

Minimanasama

Minimanasama

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS of course!<br />Visual Kei,<br />Guitar, Bass, and Piano,<br />Computers-Software Hardware and Programming,<br />Martial Arts<br />and /b/ =]
Frozen Bell, and also the queen Bella fight from JoD both remind me of my dreams in wierd ways

Aeonic Butterfly

Aeonic Butterfly

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Actually, chunks of both games remind me of my dreams. They always have that surreal feeling that the games seem to portray, and sometimes, the tunes I remember.

I first saw NiGHTs some decade ago, when it was new, but I had no Saturn back then. But just seeing the game made it stick in my mind for years, because it always reminded me of... something. ^^;

Dreams70

Dreams70

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
I once had a dream that I was in the dessert so Will's second dream (lost park -The dream of dessert) I can relate to that. It is similar in away.

Also, i remember I jumpd out my window that was dark on the other side. Out the window was nothing but darkness so I jumped and I flew away from the nightmare who was chasing me. I was flying over my town center and that reminds me of Bellbridge how will and helen jumped off the pilliar they were on.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Yeah, I've had dreams where I jumped from real high and then started flying.

Lumas Nocce

Lumas Nocce

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I had a dream a little while back that looked like it was taking place in a mall that also contained London and Shibuya. >_< Anyways, outside the mall was this really pretty area involving a lot of stone floors and fountains with grecian columns. It remindid me of Aqua Gardens, especially since this whole landscaped ended in steps down to a shallow, clear ocean and blue skies. There were a lot of people in crazy outfits, which kkinda struck a chord with me when I saw that huge crowds of Gens in Englebaum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users