Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Who's your favorite bad guy?!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
Before we begin, I must apologize if anyone has already done this, but it's a question that I've been sitting on for a while.

If I was to ask who your favorite characters were, I'm quite sure that most of the responses would center around the protagonists or as we would call them the "hero characters" (I have also been guilty of this). This can be considered normal since the hero characters aren't out to kill/enslave/terrorize everyone (Yagami Light is an exception) besides themselves. But for curiosity's sake, if you had to pick one, who would be your favorite antagonist or "villain character?" What was it about that character that made you like them? Would you like to have seen this character defeat the good guys (this goes for even if the hero wins at the end of the series)?

I'll begin--

Carmen Sandiego- The main villain of the series bearing her name, Ms. Sandiego is a former detective who turned to a life of crime merely because catching criminals had become boring and she wanted a new challenge. She never stole anything that was small either, known for filching national landmarks, important pieces within history, celestial bodies (The Great Red Spot of Jupiter for example), and even languages for God's sake. Ms. Sandiego would then challenge detectives to try and catch her, however for the detectives... success was pretty rare since the woman was literally a Houdini. She never kept what she stole, but left her loot where it could be found if the detectives failed to get it back themselves... showing she had some kind of a conscience. I would have to say that would be the reason why I liked her, the fact that she could conjure up such impressive and elaborate schemes, carry them out, would hang around for the detectives (who are far from stupid themselves) to show up, and then STILL manage to escape.

Asakura Hao (I refuse to acknowledge him as Zeke... stupid 4CRAP)- The main villain of Shaman King and the twin brother of the main protagonist Asakura Yoh. A very powerful shaman who has the ability to reincarnate himself, Hao doesn't really appear to have the typical dark and evil personality, but he maintains a laid back and occasionally friendly personality. But don't get the wrong idea, he hates all non-shamans and plans on killing them. But I guess that I find him likable because of his Yoh-like personality and had some events in his past not occurred, he could have easily taken on one of the heroic roles.

These are only a couple of the many villains that I have respect for and have taking a begrudged liking to, merely for the fact that I don't want to ramble on forever. So, come away from the hero side for a moment and tell us what villain characters do you like and why.

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
my favourite villain has to be knives from trigun. how can you beat that? how? i really like his design, the nonchalant attitude he has most of the time(at the beginning of the series, as the series comes to an end he goes psycho), and he actually almost makes you want to wipe out the human race with him.

oh yea, and he actually wins the final fight, but he also has a change of heart and saves vash from dying. kind of opposite from the anime isn't it?

The Sandman

The Sandman

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Negaduck. Noone can beat the evil power of Negaduck.

Also, Roderick Brookes is the most villainous of villains.

Hime Blue

Hime Blue

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just...<br /><br />don't ask and it might be better for you. Might be better not to know...
Oh heck yes I love you for making this topic.

My personal saying is "A story is only as good as its villain". Heroes can get predictable and that's just fine, but villains have to stand out to really make an impression as to whether it was a good movie, game, book, play, or poem. Anyways, I'm going to pick out a few villains that have always stood out from the crop for me for various reasons.

Deep Blue--Tokyo Mew Mew

He was the basis of my first 'well-known' screenname, therealdeepblue. I dunno, he just stood out so much to me. Not only because of the fact he was more or less a freakin' alien king, even to the effect of him nearly being considered a god. He possessed the person that was most important to Ichigo, which kind of shocked me on first reading. And even today when I read the 7th manga volume or watch the last few episodes, his blatant disregard for Earth, its inhabitants, and even his own people still shocks me. He was a true threat and a great villain. I was upset to see him die.

Count Bleck--Super Paper Mario

I think he might fall more under the category of 'Most Misunderstood Villain Ever', but Count Bleck was a phenomenal and fun character. You really saw the reasoning behind his plans at the end of the game and could understand why he'd tried to destroy all the worlds. Besides, with a guy who wears a freakin' top hat and monocle, plus speaks in third person, how are you going to argue? And his laugh is just awesome. "Bleh heh heh heh heh! Bleck!"

Dimentio--Super Paper Mario

The villain that first got me into the whole jester thing. Dimentio, the true mastermind and string-puller, has always intrigued me and become one of the more prominent villains to me. He was so sneaky and you never figured his true intent until the end of the game. Not only that, but his music got stuck in my head for days on end. He's a hard character to write for, really, since his mind is so twisted and so evil. I just love this crazy little guy's ways of working. And you ask, what's behind that mask? Who knows?!

Boingo--Hoodwinked

Part of the reason I now love crazy/evil/singing/dancing rabbits. XD Boingo was a villain who knew how to work out of sight. I can't vouch for his ability to pick henchmen though...

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
Ah, villains, how I love them.

I'm not sure if he counts as my favorite bad guy of all time, but I seriously LOVE Rubeus from Sailor Moon. It's just something about his complete asshat behaviour that makes me like him. He doesn't have any redeeming traits, he's just a manipulative, sadistic bastard. I'm surprised no one else seems to like him, he's the essence of bad guy without being dark/mysterious/having a horrible past/secretly a good guy. It's refreshing and lovely with such a simple yet interesting character.

I also really really like Killer from Shadow Hearts :The New World. He's got this cool, laid back feeling about him, like he couldn't care less. His relationship with Lady is also very interesting, and I can't help but feel sorry for the guy. The fact that you hardly get to know anything about him also adds to the attraction.

Also, he has sharp knives.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Oh boy, villians. How I love them so. I have a lot to pick from, but if I had to boil it down to one it wouls have to be.

Megatron (Beast Wars)

Beast Wars Megatron is one of the best villians in a cartoon ever and obviously my personal favorite. I love a good machiavelian. Megatron is brilliant, manipulative, strategic and ruthless. He has no moral qualms at all. However, he's also witty and some of his personality quirks are a great source of humor, yeeessss. He has a rubber ducky for Prime's sake. He's just a well written villian and the Beast Wars wouldn't have been quite as good without him.

This is one of his best moments in the show. Skip to 3:00

Business before pleasure, I love it! ^_^

-Edit- Honorable mention goes to Sir Crocodile from One Piece. That guy was badass.

PsYCHE

PsYCHE

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
possibly the guy who is CEO of EPA in the simpsons movie. and jafar from aladdin. he's not only a good villain but good comedy relief in movies like this XD ->

Mythic

Mythic

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy critters, comics and animation, retro things, videogames, the 80's
I'm not sure if this counts, but I like Venom from Spiderman 3. There's just something about creatures of mass corruption and evilness that make me go "WOAAAH! Cooler than the Green Goblin!!".

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

I'm not sure if this counts, but I like Venom from Spiderman 3. There's just something about creatures of mass corruption and evilness that make me go "WOAAAH! Cooler than the Green Goblin!!".

aaaaghela;joiahowenmiadn[fpio!!!! it burns, it buuuuuurns!!

venom was not cool in spiderman 3, i agree that he's awesome(though not so much as his son, carnage) but in spiderman 3 he was kind of lame. he wasn't nearly muscular enough for starters. in the comics he's huge!! because in the comics, eddie brock was a very muscular, but in spiderman 3 he's a little guy and it's just wrong. also, venom wasn't menacing at all, really, becaus almost every time he talked it would show eddie brock's face. that's just stupid. and then they killed off eddie brock. that was... a really bad idea. now if they ever do carnage it ruins any hope of it being the same as the comics. venom never said anything about eating brains either. i was so sad when he didn't :D

and i didn't like the green goblin much either. i think the only good villains they've done in the series are doc ock and the sandman.

PsYCHE

PsYCHE

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

aaaaghela;joiahowenmiadn[fpio!!!! it burns, it buuuuuurns!!

venom was not cool in spiderman 3, i agree that he's awesome(though not so much as his son, carnage) but in spiderman 3 he was kind of lame. he wasn't nearly muscular enough for starters. in the comics he's huge!! because in the comics, eddie brock was a very muscular, but in spiderman 3 he's a little guy and it's just wrong. also, venom wasn't menacing at all, really, becaus almost every time he talked it would show eddie brock's face. that's just stupid. and then they killed off eddie brock. that was... a really bad idea. now if they ever do carnage it ruins any hope of it being the same as the comics. venom never said anything about eating brains either. i was so sad when he didn't :(

and i didn't like the green goblin much either. i think the only good villains they've done in the series are doc ock and the sandman.

I read a special marvel comic about carnage once... freaky.. @_@ he is indeed a sick bloody guy.. ><;; He might be considered one of the most sick and evil villains...

Avenrir

Avenrir

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, monsters &amp; beasties, insects &amp; spiders ( but not moths. KEEP THEM AWAY! ), art, comics, cartoons, dinosaurs, mythical creatures, fonts, dreams &amp; nightmares, swords, retro videogames, the Discworld, and last but not least: Cadbury's chocolate. O.O
I've always liked Zordrak from The Dreamstone ( old, old cartoon that used to air here on CITV in the early '90s ). I always found him appropriately scary and merciless for a lord of Nightmares, and his voice was extremely fitting to boot.

You can see him in this video =D

God, I loved that cartoon... ;_;

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.

Oh heck yes I love you for making this topic.

My personal saying is "A story is only as good as its villain". Heroes can get predictable and that's just fine, but villains have to stand out to really make an impression as to whether it was a good movie, game, book, play, or poem.

Your personal saying speaks the truth in so many ways, stories would be ridiculously bland without a good villain to make everyone's (mainly the hero's) lives miserable. Everything about a hero is often put up front so that the audience can understand and relate to them... but this often isn't true for the villains, who sometimes don't get a story. A great example would be Scar from the Lion King and Ursula from the Little Mermaid, who I consider to be the best Disney villains of all. Now I respected them because of their intelligence and manipulation skills, but I found their mysterious backgrounds appealing. Why was Ursula exiled from Atlantica? Why did Scar hold such animousity for his elder brother (in my book, there was more going on then just "grr, how come he gets to rule and I don't?!")?

Ah, the many ways that villains can spice up a story...

Kato

Kato

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Uh....Art. Drawing. Anime. Megaman. Kingdom Hearts. Disgaea. Battle Royale. Eden's Bowy. The Batman. Batman Beyond. Scorpions. City of Heroes/Villains.
All of my favorite villains are OCs. :(

Trash Jack

Trash Jack

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
I have many favorite villains, but my overall favorite would have to be Michigan J. Frog. That's right. I see this singing frog as a villain.

He presents himself as a frog that, through singing, can get the demolition worker money and fame. But when he tries to show the frog, he never sings, leading many to believe that the man is crazy. Eventually, he ends up homeless due to spending all his money on renting the local theater to show off the frog in, but Michigan is never seen singing when the audience (a bunch of drunks who came at the offer of "free beer") arrives. A police officer comes by and hears the frog singing opera, but when he gets there, the frog is no longer singing and holds the man responsible. When he tries to explain that Michigan is the one who was really singing, both are put in the psychiatric hospital. Once the demolition worker is out, he returns the frog to a cornerstone in a building, to finally be rid of it. When 2056 arrives and the building is demolished, another demolition worker is seduced by the thought of using the frog in show business, starting the cycle again.

ViXEN

ViXEN

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:I like to draw,play video games and listen to music! This is my OC,Kei... Kei:*Waves* Hi! My fanmaren,ViXEN... ViXEN:Hi there!^^ and theres a whole bunch of em' I want to introduce...but I don't think I have enough space. XD<br /><br />My favorite games:NiGHTS,Devil May Cry 1-3,Psychonauts(PS2),Paper Mario:TTYD,Super Paper Mario,Golden Sun,Viewtiful Joe 1&amp;2,Kingdom Hearts 1,CoM and 2,Shadow of the Collossus,Crash Twinsanity/Tag Team Racing,Armored Core,Custom Robo(GC),Pokemon,Phantasy Star Online/Universe,Monster Hunter.
EDIT: DOH DOH FRIKKIN DOH!!!! I thought this was the games section for a moment!!! So Sorry!!!! Just ignore this post -_- So Sorry!!!

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
My favorite bad guy is actually Eggman, believe it or not. Eggman, Oogie Boogie, and Wizeman. Those three take the top spot.

Eggman- He's a egg-shaped man who builds machines. Kind of like my dad, really, only my dad never wears orange.

Oogie Boogie- He's creepy, evil, and is nothing but a sack of bugs. It's funny. I find him funny.

Wizeman- He's a god who went wrong. How can that not be freakin' awesome?

Koji_Tsunami

Koji_Tsunami

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
I've got to say... Two-Face. From Batman. Not from any movie, not from any cartoon, but from the comics.
After that...
2.Any Sith Lord
3.Megatron
4.Venom
5.Sephiroth
6. Theif King Bakura
7. Uchiha Sasuke (he's sort of a villian)
8. there is no eight
9. Sigma (Mega Man X)

And that's it.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
TtF's top ten villians:(10-1)
10: Megatron
9: Dr.Wily(Megaman)
8: Dr.Eggman
7: Team Rocket
6: Kefka (FF VI)
5: My Books main antagonist, Tenatio (TEN -AH-SHE-OH)
4: Maverick Zero
3: Gannondorf
2: Sigma
1: Dethro (the evil spirit in my book)

PuppyLuver

PuppyLuver

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:I like video games! 8D Video games video games video games... and movies. And Homestar Runner. And drawing and writing and reading and funny things and animals and animals doing funny things... *rambles on and on and on*
You want villains? I got villains right here!

Mewtwo from Pokemon: The First Movie

I don't like it when the villain is simply defeated. I want the villain to see the error of their ways and to be able to change for the better. Mewtwo saw that pitting cloned Pokemon against natural born ones proved nothing, and that it was up to the individual to determine their own identity, regardless of birth or what other people tell them they are or can/cannot do. This has partly inspired me to shed my old "Jessica" identity that my parents gave me and become my own self, "Jess aka PuppyLuver"(that and there's, like, umpteen dozen Jessicas in my school system alone, augh). Plus, I like purple.

Dimentio from Super Paper Mario

And if I'm going on about my fave villains, I can't go without mentioning Dimmie! I think all the reasons I like him have already been said by Hime Blue, though I also have to say that he's part of a bad in-joke that developped in my brain one day and hasn't left since. He's pretty much invaded my mind since I first played SPM, pushing my common sense out my ears and making himself at home. By the way...

Jareth the Goblin King from Jim Henson's Labyrinth

... if I list Dimmie as one of my faves, Jareth has to make an appearance as well. Bad in-joke again, you have to be me to get it. Anyways, Jareth is one of those "classy villains", and you know everyone loves the classy villains. And he's played by David Bowie, one of the few people who can sing AND act, so that's another plus. Just one problem... BOWIE, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO WEAR SUCH TIGHT PANTS...? DX

Ian Howe from National Treasure

Ian started out as one of the good guys. I'm kinda fond of once-good-but-corrupted villains. Wait... he could've been a villain prior to the start of National Treasure, as he said he did stuff of "questionable legality"... Anyways, he suggests the very act that drives the entire plot of the movie: stealing the Declaration of Independence. That's pretty dang important.

And... that's it for now.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Sephiroth... in Final Fantasy 7 he displayed the most heart wrenching moment in all of gaming history when he killed off sweet innocent love interest to the main character (Cloud) Aeris with a stab through the gut. In Kingdom hearts he provided one of the greatest (and most thrilling) challenges I have ever faced, no matter how many times I died I never got tired or frustrated! plus he has a sweet theme song :D And the moments he appeared in Advent children, although short, was EPIC! Do yourselves a favor and check it out (Cloud=Blonde hair, Sephiroth=Silver long hair)

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
How about Anubis from YuGiOh the Movie?

He waited, planning revenge for 5 THOUSAND years. He was stuck in there, rage building and building and finally he came out and was all MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH but then he died because he was too much of a wimp to just STEP on Yugi with his giant melting foot of DEATH.

Also he had some rockin' hair.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
lets see......

Dr. Wasabi: ~chop socky chooks~ I aboslutly LOVE his voice actor.

Narissa: ~Enchanted~ First time I saw her, I exclamed "Maleficent better run for her money with this one!"

Maleficent: ~As she appears in the book, The Kingdom Keepers~ I don't care if shes just a story charecter, it still sends chills up my spine.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Kagato from Tenchi Muyo he was such a cool character calm, collected, and calculating. His demeanor and appearance are both gentleman like, but if anything catches your attention its his eyes, those sharp yellow eyes stare as if they see right into your very soul. Here's a wiki on him but ya need ta see the actual OVA in order to truly appreciate him. Plus he had a great voice over "This is no fun, do you enjoy making me waste my time?" (btw the one in the OVA has white hair, THAT has the cool version of Kagato)

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
Spoiler
- Kingdom Hearts Series

All your heart are belong to him.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO VOLDEMORT.

The guy is creepy to the MAX. His minions are called Death Eaters, for God's sake.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
Revan from Star Wars: KOTOR he/she was a villain/hero who completely caught you off guard then you think back at it and realize that it is so obvious to the extent that you feel you knew the whole time... its kinda hard to explain. but if you played KOTOR you know what I'm talking about.

Wolf

Wolf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
I always appreciate bad guys with more to them than maniacal evil. However, there is something to be said for maniacal evil. It's much easier to feel good about yourself after having destroyed pure, unadulterated evil, but you always feel a LITTLE bad for destroying something that wasn't really so evil after all.

Case in point. Best bad guy? Lord Darcia from Wolf's Rain. (SPOILERS) All he wanted was to wake his love from an eternal slumber, and he was willing to do anything to do so. When her sister killed her, he went off the deep end and tore some stuff up. He was a real, honest-to-goodness human being, and even though he tainted Paradise, you have to feel sorry for him when you know that all he wanted was to be with the one he loved.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
The Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, She was a cool character, had a deep backstory, and was very mysterious. When you finally fight her the fight is epic! Seeing her shooting at you with her mech. gun, you run along to avoid it white pedals, from the flower field you fight in, fly up behind you as her gun rips them ta shreds. The way you fight her is completely up to you whether you use hand to hand techniques or firearms or both while the orchestra version of the games theme "Snake Eater" plays in the background, not to mention
Spoiler
. Despite all of this you can't help but feel bad in killing her,
Spoiler

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Mechagodzilla

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
OK this is the ULTIMATE of all baddies... He never ever dies in fact hes almost untouchable, however, he has been known to take a few shots to the face but it doesn't even harm him. He has no past you will never know him you don't even see his face or a trace of his existence. He knows all! can instantly teleport anywhere he wants to in an instant, he is invisible, can keep up with sonic the hedgehog with ease, and even has the ability to blind someone. and... he "appears" in EVERY SINGLE GAME/ movie known to man!
who is this man of mystery? you may ask? well I shall tell you for it is none other than!!!
Spoiler

P.S. he can be good sometimes but usually he just drives you up the wall

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
I have to second the nominations of Lord Darcia and BW Megatron. They were quite the awesome villains for their respective shows.

However, I have to also give kudos to The Djinn from the Wishmaster movies. Supernatural, powerful, and very crafty... but not crafty enough to bring his world into this one. XD

Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing and cosplaying characters from the NiD universe. Sometimes I like to make plushies (i'm not too good at large plushies).
Definitely LoZ:Windwaker Ganondorf. Also, Erazor Djinn from Sonic and the Secret Rings, Wizeman from JoD/NiD, Taboo from Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and Shadow the Hedgehog.

EDIT: AND MAJORA'S MASK. Period.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
The Overlord, from Overlord, because you play as him, Gallop, from Radiant Silvergun, for being my all time favorite boss.

Destroyman, for being Destroyman (play No More Heroes if you require further explanation). And Ganondorf, primarily because of how insane he comes off in Twilit Princess.

I don't think I've ever felt more guilty about beating an enemy in any game than I did in Megaman Legends, the Bonne's had as much character development as anyone. And who could forget the Mars Men, from Metal Slug.

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
While he's not exactly my favorite-favorite, but because he isn't mentioned already I'm placing my vote on...

--TALES OF SYMPHONIA SPOILRZ AHEAD--

Mithos/Yggdrasil. Not only was his adult form a bit handsome, but he happened to be one of the 'beyond redemption' types. The things he does to a handful of characters was on the disturbing side. And he even ignored his dead sister's plea (while she possessed Colette) for him to come to his senses and return things to the way they were, since he'd rather wipe out humankind to replace with a world full of lifeless beings... ._. Crazy, I know...

Nyx

Nyx

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

... if I list Dimmie as one of my faves, Jareth has to make an appearance as well. Bad in-joke again, you have to be me to get it. Anyways, Jareth is one of those "classy villains", and you know everyone loves the classy villains. And he's played by David Bowie, one of the few people who can sing AND act, so that's another plus. Just one problem... BOWIE, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO WEAR SUCH TIGHT PANTS...? DX

You win. Period. I thought I was the only person on this forum who knew this movie existed.

Sephiroth... in Final Fantasy 7 he displayed the most heart wrenching moment in all of gaming history when he killed off sweet innocent love interest to the main character (Cloud) Aeris with a stab through the gut. In Kingdom hearts he provided one of the greatest (and most thrilling) challenges I have ever faced, no matter how many times I died I never got tired or frustrated! plus he has a sweet theme song :P And the moments he appeared in Advent children, although short, was EPIC! Do yourselves a favor and check it out (Cloud=Blonde hair, Sephiroth=Silver long hair)

And I was sure I was going to be the first in this topic to say that. I was beaten to it. :)

Wizeman is an obvious choice for me -- as is Megatron. :D
Also, there is Mephisto from Ghost Rider (Comics and Movie), the Emperor/Lord Sidious, Darth Maul, and Darth Vader from Star Wars were all top notch. And the most evil villains are the ones that just won't die! :P

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Ahh, I remember that film... good times good times... ya he was a pretty good villain (how much more evil can you get than sealing babies?) but the tight pants annoys me too much... I wonder if he shops at the same place Reala shops at?
anyhoo!

The Joker from The Dark Knight This one's a no brainer... Brilliant acting and an evil laugh that would make Jackle proud... plus he has a brilliant mind for pulling off various crimes...

and Balalaika from "Black Lagoon" (ya I know I like Black Lagoon alot but hey! it's that good!) She's a brilliant character/villain who at first seems to be a side character who simply finds jobs for the main characters of the show... Later you find her mind to be twisted in ways that make her both frightening and brilliant. When I watched The Dark Knight I couldn't help but remember Balalaika and how she dispatched her foes, Balalaika has more men under control (heck she controls a city) and does not appear as often as the joker but when she does... Anyhoo, despite all of this you have trouble labeling her as THE Antagonist... why? Because all of Black Lagoon's cast are considered Villains. :P (you can see her in the far left of my pic in my sig...)

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Recently I saw a video on Youtube that reminded me of my most favorite villain from my childhood (aside from Ms. Sandiego that is). See if you can guess who it is.

This guy was once a scientist for a large corporation who was secretly searching for a way to cure his wife of an uncurable (at the time) disease, eventually keeping her alive cryogenically. Unfortunately his boss barged in on the experiment, pulling the plug on his wife's life support and fatally injuring this scientist. The scientist manages to survive but had become an angry, broken shell of himself... promising to take revenge on his former boss. Unfortunately he was stopped by the hero of the series and hasn't had a good moment since. However this man is cured of his injuries and is given a second chance at life, vowing to atone for his sins by helping others. But he falls ill and is betrayed by the very people who saved him, sending him off the deep end again. He has one final battle with the hero and another villain, getting gravely injured. But when the hero tries to help him, this scientist sadly tells him that "{the hero} is the only one who cares" and dies alone.

The man that I speak of is none other than Mr. Freeze from
Spoiler

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
5. Bowser- Bowser is crazy, scary awesome in some games, and hilarious in others. I like range.

4. Fawful- He's freaking FAWFUL.

3. Metal Sonic- He's evil, cunning, powerful, and not an emohog. The perfect rival for Sonic.

2. Count Bleck- Driven by love and sorrow. Amazing. This game is actually being considered for a movie adaption.

1. Ganondorf- By far the most evil thing EVAR, plus, Wind Waker showed that his ambitions are fueled in part by the suffering the Gerudo went through on a daily basis.

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things
5. CDi Gannon - Because He's like Darth Vader, But in Pig form, and Without a Lightsaber.

4. Guigue - He's an Alien with a Human Mother (Heh Get it? MOTHER?), and He became a Serious MindF**K in the game's Sequal.

3. John Romero - He made DooM, And He's the Devil!

2. Bowser - Because he's Strong, And Funny in Paper Mario.

1. SATAM/SU Robotnik - Best DiC villain EVAR! Nuff said.

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, NiGHTS, (of course), video games, surfing the web, Disney, animals, music, etc...
Either Reala or Jackle.

Reala: He isn't totally bad, he still cares for his sibling, NiGHTS, but is terrified of what would happen if he disobayed (I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong :) ) Wizeman, who is also techically his father, so he's torn between the rest of his family, and NiGHTS.

Jackle: Well, I know they never brought much depth to his personality, (besides the insane thing), but here's how I always pictured his personality after I read some fanfiction on him. He's the "misunderstood genius" type who is a gentleman, but once his inner madman is triggered, he loses it. He also can be very protective of those he cares about. Which is also partially, (I didn't spell that right either, did I?), how I picture Reala to be like, (about the protective thing,) except to a lesser extent.

I SHALL DECIDE ONE DAY!! (Although, as of late, I've been more into Jackle.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users