Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Most Hated Boss in JoD

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Poll: What boss did you hate the most/found hard to beat in JoD? (105 member(s) have cast votes)

What boss did you hate the most/found hard to beat in JoD?

1. Donbalon (9 votes [8.57%])

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

2. Girania (1 votes [0.95%])

Percentage of vote: 0.95%

3. Chamelan (33 votes [31.43%])

Percentage of vote: 31.43%

4. Bomamba (54 votes [51.43%])

Percentage of vote: 51.43%

5. Cerberus (5 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

6. Queen Bella (3 votes [2.86%])

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

7. Wizeman (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

wocko

wocko

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hey all again.

Now that JoD is finally out, I've made a part 2 of my first poll "Most Hated Boss". What boss did you find to be a complete pain in the arse in JoD? Feel free to post any comments.

Wocko ;-)

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Ooooohhhh boyo, I think we're gonna have a definite winner here. XD;

As Jackle accomplished before him, so too did Chamelan foil me at every turn!

Kato

Kato

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Uh....Art. Drawing. Anime. Megaman. Kingdom Hearts. Disgaea. Battle Royale. Eden's Bowy. The Batman. Batman Beyond. Scorpions. City of Heroes/Villains.
Bomamba. Must. Die.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
j00 forgot to include Reala

He's not a mission boss, but you still gotta beat him good

As for me, I'm thinkin'.. early on I'd say either Chamelan or Bomamba, but once you get the hang of fighting them they're not so bad. I guess Bomamba is more difficult than Chamelan, at least.

Second Cerberus annoyed me greatly because I forgot to use Rocket.

Nymph

Nymph

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:I'm a fanfic writer and an AMV maker. I like videogames, writing and just hanging out with friends.
Chamelan, the only reason I beat him on the fifth mission was because of pure luck. Queen bella makes a close second.

Jackle's best friend

Jackle's best friend

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Chamelan, he sucks so bad. Jackle was my favorite boss in the last one, but this guy is just a tedious and annoying pain.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
What kind of crack are you guys on, I LOVE Chamelan :|

Bomamba does suck though.

DylanJohn

DylanJohn

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Chamelan. I kinda liked his design, but the fight was annoying.

Hime Blue

Hime Blue

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just...<br /><br />don't ask and it might be better for you. Might be better not to know...
Boooooooooooomaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmbaaaaaaaaaa. ><;;; First boss I Night Overed on. Donbalon 2nd version is a close second though.

And hey, what's with all the Chamelan dislike? I found him easy to beat.

DylanJohn

DylanJohn

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

And hey, what's with all the Chamelan dislike? I found him easy to beat.

I don't know about everyone else, but to me it seemed that his fight was mostly about chance. With everyone else, it was kinda easy to figure out what to do with them, but with Chamelan there was no (apparent) strategy, just 'fly around paraplooping and hope you get lucky'. Maybe that was just me though, or perhaps there is a strategy and I just kinda missed it.

Tsurugi

Tsurugi

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
That vile witch-thing known as Bomamba. DX Her stupid cats kept attacking me when I was trying to tilt the table. Made me want to impale my TV with a plasti butter knife. Queen Bella took me longer to A-rank, but I was so distracted by her awesome stage music that I didn't care.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Cerberus. Interestingly enough, I've beaten almost half the bosses with times that the game aparrently doesn't think are possible. :blink:

Tai

Tai

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:I love anime and games! I collect manga more than I do anime 'cause it's cheaper, though, and cosplay from time to time. Hopefully I'll have a decent Jackle costume done in time for Nan Desu Kan this year XD. I also like yaoi, DDR, um...pandas...and yaoi. I don't like mainstream anime much though; most of it isn't very good anyway....
Chamelan. I Night Over'd on that battle so many times I almost threw the controller. Until you figure out to follow the cards it's impossible...and I wasn't really paying attention to the little cards, more concerned about not being murdered by the big mean ones :huh: . Donbalon battle 2 makes a very close second. Veeery close. Queen Bella was kinda hard too, 'cause I kept getting stuck going in one direction between the platforms.

BTW, I did Chamelan's second battle entering as Claris, and it seemed a lot harder. Some of the small cards led to bombs, and the holes I opened via paraloops kept shrinking and disappearing. Did I just not notice that the first time around, or do the boss battles get harder after you get all 60 dreamdrops?

Reina

Reina

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I hate Donbalon, the second battle I can't seem to get higher than a C Ranking. Not to mention he moves around too much, making it harder for me to whoop his butt. It's like Puffy... but 65% more annoying. Lol.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~

BTW, I did Chamelan's second battle entering as Claris, and it seemed a lot harder. Some of the small cards led to bombs, and the holes I opened via paraloops kept shrinking and disappearing. Did I just not notice that the first time around, or do the boss battles get harder after you get all 60 dreamdrops?

The second time you battle a boss is always harder than the first time. You need to up your strategy. Chamelan's holes close and bombs come out, Bomamba's cats are harder to get in the holes, Girana's faster, Cerberus has an extra head, and Queen Bella has more plates to smash.

Wizeman1213

Wizeman1213

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:NiD, NiD, and more NiD
Bomamba was the most annoying out of them all. Just the fact that the battle was too tedious.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
I HATE CHAMALAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *hits head in frustration*

Zero Hakaru

Zero Hakaru

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Bomamba. Must. Die.

QFT

Inubu

Inubu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Drawing,writing,movie making,voice acting,and sculpting.
BOMAMBA!I hate...um...her I think?
She is so stinkin' hard!Especially round 2
when you have to get her little kitties into
the hills with the holes at the top!Took me
forever to get an A on that.

LittleBloodyFooFoo

LittleBloodyFooFoo

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Bomamba made me want to shoot my screen. ._. I'd be stuck trying to get the last cat in a hole and it just wouldn't go in!

Mythic

Mythic

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy critters, comics and animation, retro things, videogames, the 80's
Bomamba is EVIL! Chamelan was hard, but I don't hate him.

Cyhunt

Cyhunt

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Cerberus with Chamelan in second, Donbalon in third.
I am SO glad I got an A on Bomamba. She is pretty cool, thats why I don't hate her. Plus, I love cats XD Cerberus is also top because I hate dogs and he was ANNOYING!

wocko

wocko

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Cerberus, Chamelan and Wizeman were the easiest bosses I've found, because I can get A-ranks in all of them. Chamelan is dead fscking easy once you know the quick kill trick and it works on both easy and hard rounds.

But Bomamba was a dead set PAIN IN THE ARSE!!!! Especially the second round on the hard level!!!

Queen Bella wasn't overly that hard to beat, but took me a while to get a B-rank. I can't get an A yet. Girania is a bit of a prick to beat even though he's the first boss of Helen's story but was nothing compared to that old hag with those bloody cats!!!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
*sucks in air through teeth*

Donbalon hard version.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I found Donbalon's both versions to be comically easy.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Chamelan is so easy when you know what to look for. At first, he's going to irritate everyone but when you go back and face him you begin to notice he has structure to his movements. Did you know that you can see him moving behind the curtain? There is a faint shimmering effect on the magic curtain when he's moving behind it and he usually moves in a zig-zag pattern. Do a paraloop to start the fight and see which direction he flies in before he goes behind the curtain again. Follow the shimmering effect until it stops then paraloop the curtain to reveal him, then do it again to kick his ass in record time. So eaaaasy. XD

Cerberus is easy too. After a while, you have the same attack pattern set out so you know exactly where to go and kick his ass. Just trying to do it in record time is tough.

The hardest boss for me is Donbalon, hard version. The level layout is irritating beyond belief. If you so much as miss-throw him by an inch he goes bouncing in the wrong direction, bounces on something else, slams you as he passes you on the way down taking 5 seconds off of you and then continues to fall like a gumpy idiot while you try your hardest to catch up with him and rinse your drill-dash bar for all it's worth. Then the level does this stupid thing where if you've grabbed onto him near a piece of scenary, NiGHTS won't circle all the way around so you're limited to where you can throw him and if you've got a block right in front of you then you're going to get hit as he rebounds off. He's so annoying. I thought he was cool for a while and his level music is cool but he can be such a pain in the ass. >.< At least Puffy's stage was going around, not up and down. With Puffy you could dash right after her if she bounced too far away. Don just falls and falls and falls and all you can do is watch as you try and catch up with him.

Bomamba is a pain too. She comes second to Donbalon for the sheer fact that her hard version fight takes the piss with those ant-hills that you've got to try and roll the cats into.

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
Bomamba's the one I have the most trouble with.

I'd have liked a harder battle with Wizeman, though.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Yeah Wizeman was way too easy, especialy since he followed his old attack pattern. I love the one where he creates multiple Wizey's though, that actualy creeps me out a little.

Donbalon (sorry i was using Wii browser earlier) is SO ANNOYING on hard mode. He's probably not actualy hard, it's just i have bad eyesight and can barely see where NiGHTS is on him in order to throw him in a certain direction. So i end up throwing him everywhere, having him fall all the way back down and generaly driving me nuts. The first 3 rooms are FINE, its the ones after that with the moving objects that get me -____-;

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Bomamba and Donbalon (both second battles) gave me a hard time. Donbalon, I had to repeat many times before I got a B on him. I was fighting just to get a C that entire time- he has retard strength! >:0

I voted Bomamba because when you think about what kind of a level she has by comparison, its almost like you need luck to beat her/beat her in a certain amount of time.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Yeah i mean sometimes her cats kill themselves on the first drop, lol. It's totaly down to how much the Wii wants to rain on your parade.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Bomamba

Yeah, she's tedious and boring to fight, but more importantly to me, her design sucks. She's just a generic witch without legs. Total crap design. Billy Hatcher had better designed bosses than Bomamba.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Gotta agree with that.

Aroxys

Aroxys

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
Bomamba.
For the reasons stated above.
Lucked out and got an A rank having beat her in 101 seconds.

Though I found Donbalon to be somewhat easy in the second fight, you just need to watch NiGHTS to where you're aiming.

Nightingale

Nightingale

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
Chamelan's a bit hard for me 'cause I can never paraloop the right spot the first time, but the one I just can't stand is Donbalon hard mode. EEEERRRUUUGHHH. I grab him, line up my shot, and then a moving platform steamrolls me and I lose my grip on the bugger. D: WRYYYYY. (Incidentally, I have a very easy time with Bomamba. Second stage is even easier, since the fences disappear.)

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I hated fighting her, but I liked Bomamba's design when her pictures first came out (Some of you might remember me fanboying all over her) because she looked like she had a cat face, but actually did just have a witch nose. I somehow found it interesting how they had both the witch and cat face.

Now she isn't all that thrilling to me. *glances to Queen Bella instead* ..... PURG, GET OFF HER! lol

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Myes, Bella is brilliant. I am guilty of fangirling.

BUT BACK TO HATING ON DONBALON-

His laughter just fuels my rage.

gasman

gasman

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:drawing, guitar, sitar, listening to music, biking, reading, animating, going outside, swimming, fishing, paintball, swordsmanship, martial arts, tonfa fighting, playing old school video games, programming, making movies, dreaming<br /><br />&quot;I wish I could do something that would ruin the world so much that people couldn't taste anymore or enjoy sex.&quot; <br />- Armin
Bomamba, she was a pain. I hate her layout with a passion, with fury and rage like no other milky milkshake!
Chameleon is easy once you see the pattern there.
And Cerberus was probably the easiest, by far. All I had to do was fly straight at him, in between the heads, grab the chain and fire. Easy A. Same goes for Donbalon and Bella, who were like cake.
And Wizeman was SO FREAKING EASY. I honestly expected more out of a final boss fight. It disappointed me, i really wanted something epic. Now, a good final boss fight? I'd go for the last colossus in Shadow of the Colossus. THAT was EPIC.

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests

Bomamba, she was a pain. I hate her layout with a passion, with fury and rage like no other milky milkshake!
Chameleon is easy once you see the pattern there.
And Cerberus was probably the easiest, by far. All I had to do was fly straight at him, in between the heads, grab the chain and fire. Easy A. Same goes for Donbalon and Bella, who were like cake.
And Wizeman was SO FREAKING EASY. I honestly expected more out of a final boss fight. It disappointed me, i really wanted something epic. Now, a good final boss fight? I'd go for the last colossus in Shadow of the Colossus. THAT was EPIC.

That's Chamelan. It's a name, not a typo.

Shadow of the Colossus? Epic? This
is more epic!

Bomamba and Donbalon (both second battles) gave me a hard time. Donbalon, I had to repeat many times before I got a B on him. I was fighting just to get a C that entire time- he has retard strength! >:0

I voted Bomamba because when you think about what kind of a level she has by comparison, its almost like you need luck to beat her/beat her in a certain amount of time.

Not luck. Finesse.

Amy Rose

Amy Rose

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic the hedgehog, anime, manga, drawing, books, photoshop, j-pop and rock, reading and writing fanfiction, cooking and lots of other stuff....... ^_^
Bomamba......
Can't see how I'm ever going to get a sodding A rank on it, unless it's a complete fluke <_<

Shift

Shift

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Megaman, NiGHTS(duh), Oddworld, the mother series, Languages, and other things.
Chamelan. though, bomamba's battle was the most frustrating atleast i kind of like her design. Chamelan on the other hand, i hate his battle and i don't like his design that much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users