Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Shadow NiGHTS?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

CATTERKILLER

CATTERKILLER

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS (only played JoD),<br />Older Sonic games,<br />Older Legend of Zelda games, Pokemon, Mario,<br />Using Game-maker (I'm a n00b at it),<br />SaDX hacking (only texture hacking), Spriting,
Didn't Trippy say something about a "Shadow NiGHTS" before the game was released?
I've beaten Will's story and I've not seen him,
My sister's through Helen's story, she's not seen him.
Do I have to beat both stories to see him, or was he just dropped late in development?
If the latter I'm kinda disappointed, cause I was looking forward to seeing him

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
He may appear if you get C or higher in both kids sotries. I am not sure though. I have not done this nor do I know if anyone else has. (I am sure someone has, they are just not going to spoil the infor though.)

Foofums

Foofums

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, video games, food, dreaming, food, food
I beat the game as both of the kids, got the last ideya on both, but I never saw anything on a 'shadow NiGHTS'.

Maybe we have to collect all of the dream drops for yet another ending, or something? That's the only thing I have yet to do.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

I beat the game as both of the kids, got the last ideya on both, but I never saw anything on a 'shadow NiGHTS'.

Maybe we have to collect all of the dream drops for yet another ending, or something? That's the only thing I have yet to do.

No its not the dream drops. Trust me.

Wizard of Odd

Wizard of Odd

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:playing piano, sports, chilling, and the wify.
maybe A ranking all stages? i've completed both stories with C and above rankings also.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.

maybe A ranking all stages? i've completed both stories with C and above rankings also.

That'd be a safer bet, seeing as the original had a unlockable for all A's.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

That'd be a safer bet, seeing as the original had a unlockable for all A's.

Oh hell no......someone is going to have to tell me about it then because I will never see it.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Oh hell no......someone is going to have to tell me about it then because I will never see it.

I'll have to play ti for you... >;) lol To bad we live far away form one another... or I would.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

I'll have to play ti for you... >;) lol To bad we live far away form one another... or I would.

I wish you could! I want all A's. I guess I can make my boyfriend do some of it, but I will try my best first. Its just hard since after every level, I need to play another to gather blue chips and then go revive all my pians. Its hard to manage 80 pians! That and the controls are a pain.....I probably could do better if it was not for that.

At least I do really well on link attack missions.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
I've heard that if you get all A's all you get is the oringial NiGHTS themesong... ^_^

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Methinks the Shadow NiGHTS was another thing that didn't make it to the final game.

All A's does this:
Spoiler

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
D: Its basically Selph under another name.

Master D

Master D

Lurker

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:games and roller coasters! OH! And Bob (guinea pig).
this might end this topic...i got EVERYTHING theres to get and...um...all i got were elliot and claris. after gettin the drops, jump in the fountain. thats it. :lol:

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeah, i got everything too and no Shadow NiGHTS...whatever the hell he was, he's certainly not in the game.
Hmm. Me thinks i should have a word with that source to find out what they were talking about when they told us this all those months ago. >.>

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Aw.... I wanted Shadow NiGHTS. I wanted to see what it was. I'm so pathetically out of touch with the world around me that at first, I thought Akon was a type of salsa. I'm not kidding.

ShadowblackHedgehog

ShadowblackHedgehog

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I just got my Wii and am not too sure how all of that work, but could it be possible that what was promise and is not currently in the game, could be release as an add on to the game? Like, we would have to pay point to download that from the shop? Is that possible to do? SEGA did this with the Sonic the Hedgehog game on XBOX 360 last year, harder levels could be downloaded for a fee. I am not sure if that would be possible on Wii though. Just asking.

Jester

Jester

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
I have beaten the game with all A's...I have not seen any thing resembling a shadow nights though...*Shrugs

Draykon

Draykon

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Obviously, the solution is to create the SuperPian. It builds a tower, with a staircase up into the sky. In that sky, is a hidden level, with Shadow NiGHTS as the boss.

Well, it's worth a shot.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Maybe Shadow NiGHTS is in the next game?

Phantom Rin

Phantom Rin

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

That's what I thought about Selph that they were gonna maybe gonna add it in this one as Shadow NiGHTS or something else.
Now I'm not so sure what are the chances of adding this, the Great Mother, or any other thing that didn't make it.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

That's what I thought about Selph that they were gonna maybe gonna add it in this one as Shadow NiGHTS or something else.
Now I'm not so sure what are the chances of adding this, the Great Mother, or any other thing that didn't make it.

Well, we're just going to give Sega a nudge. ;)

Master D

Master D

Lurker

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:games and roller coasters! OH! And Bob (guinea pig).

I just hope it dosent take anther 11 YEARS! ;)

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
dont we all...

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
Who or what is Selph?

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Who or what is Selph?

Selph is an old,deleted boss from NiD.Nobody really has any idea what he looks like,or anything else for the matter...

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
I have a little theory. Maybe Sega was planning for the end stage to go differently than it did but ended up not having time to put everything in. Picture this: Wizeman snatches NiGHTS away at the top of those stairs. Will and Helen go through the Bellbridge stage to save him. They get to the top of the tower and unchain NiGHTS...only to find that Wizeman has already replaced his soul! :o That would be "Shadow NiGHTS," and the kids would have to somehow subdue him and swap the souls again, bringing him back to normal right in time for the showdown with Wizeman. Just an idea. It would have been different facing a boss character--NiGHTS nonetheless--as the kids.

Whatever they were planning to do with Shadow NiGHTS, though, was probably cut out because of the lack of time before Christmas. That push for a Christmas release caused virtually all of this game's problems. ;)

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

I have a little theory. Maybe Sega was planning for the end stage to go differently than it did but ended up not having time to put everything in. Picture this: Wizeman snatches NiGHTS away at the top of those stairs. Will and Helen go through the Bellbridge stage to save him. They get to the top of the tower and unchain NiGHTS...only to find that Wizeman has already replaced his soul! :wub: That would be "Shadow NiGHTS," and the kids would have to somehow subdue him and swap the souls again, bringing him back to normal right in time for the showdown with Wizeman. Just an idea. It would have been different facing a boss character--NiGHTS nonetheless--as the kids.

This. My theory is that 'Selph' is 'Shadow NiGHTS'; really the Nightmaren Wizeman intended him/her to be from the start. NiGHTS took on the new name after rebelling.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Oh God...

...Oh God...

...OH GOD!!!

ANOTHER SELPH THEORY?!!!! AWESOME!!!! XD

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I have a really good Selph theory that actually sounds like it's part of a story.

Selph was Wizeman's oldest and most loyal minion and when NiGHTS rebelled Selph tried to stop him and NiGHTS killed him in self-defense. THAT'S WHY HE'S NOT IN NiD. Muahahahaha.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

This. My theory is that 'Selph' is 'Shadow NiGHTS'; really the Nightmaren Wizeman intended him/her to be from the start. NiGHTS took on the new name after rebelling.

Never thought of that. Interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users