Do you have any idea HOW you got your king pian? I'm still trying to get one. I wonder if you have to get a mepian from someone's else garden or something like that...
As for the festival, I think Owl says that there's a festival at the beggining of each month, but I've never seen anything like that. I just know that pians are doing something different each month.
Well reading through this thread, I gathered this information:
1. a king pian is made when two mepians, each with a SINGLE maren trait (i.e. head, vest, lower body, kings, or arms) and no more, happen to make an egg together. Their maren traits should not come from the same maren, e.g. a mepian with seagull wings and a mepian with bee feet is okay, but not mepian with bee wings and a mepian with bee feet. Apparently this is the same method employed in the original game.
2. whether or not you get a king is still heavily dictated by chance, even when said requirements are met.
3. people seem to have more luck using a mepian that has maren wings as one of the parents. Maren headed mepians + maren winged mepians seems to be a popular combination, if only because those traits are easy to see.
4. Based on the screenshots posted, people seem to get their king pians while playing as Elliot. I got mine while using Claris, though I couldn't say whether or not the generation of Dreamers you use has any correlation to your chances of hatching a king. Couldn't hurt, though.
Here is what my personal experience entailed:
1. I was playing as Claris.
2. I had around 35 or 36 pians in my garden at the time.
3. I made small crowd of pians, including two with seagull wings, two with blowfish wings, one with bee feet, one with a murtle head, one with scorpion arms, one with a blowfish head, and maybe two others I can't remember. My landscape had changed such that a music box was situated next to them, and they were all singing. I did not observe which pair produced the egg, because of the crowd.
4. Prior to my accumulation of the above listed, I had started a garden full of seagull feet pians and murtle head pians, which was absolutely fruitless and nearly refilled my garden. (I had 80 prior to learning about the king pian.)
5. None of my pians came from an outside party, as all my connection attempts have failed.
That's about it I think... hope that helps.
As for the festival... that's disappointing if it doesn't actually happen... well I'll try next month. Thanks.